Nerf the P-47D in Ground RB

If Allied mains can complain and raise hell about the G91 r/3, I can do the same about the P-47D.

It’s not even the M18 hellcats or the T55E1s that bother me. Heck the ebr 1954 only makes me a little miffed. But those P-47s are a plague upon this earth. They have tons of bombs, rockets, 50 cals, and are perfect for revenge bombing. 

At least Allied mains have radar SPAA to deal with the G91 spam. German WW2 SPAA may be powerful but has trouble tracking and killing P-47s at range. Revenge bombing P-47s are the worst because they are literally unstoppable to slow moving German tanks. There ain’t no counter to this skilless move. 

As a player who has acquired the P-47D himself, I think all CAS planes with ordinance should start on the ground to delay their entrance to the battlefield. The Jug is simply too powerful as I have killed several Me-262s with it as well as scores of German tanks. 

P.S. Allied mains complain about the G91 because they’ve never been subject to the wrath of Axis cas in great numbers. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 5
medal medal

Alternatively, you could play the Wirbelwind, a Bf 109 or some other SPAA/fighter to counter the P-47.

Germany is better equipped than any other nation to respond to Allied CAS—Germany has no place to be complaining of such things.

Edited by warrior412
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The P47 can kill 1 tank and this costs  500-700 SP . Spawn 2 tanks would be much more effektive ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, warrior412 said:

Alternatively, you could play the Wirbelwind, a Bf 109 or some other SPAA/fighter to counter the P-47.

Germany is better equipped than any other nation to respond to Allied CAS—

Believe me, I’ve tried that. Most of the time, I’ve been overwhelmed by 50 cal spamming fighters or sometimes Spitfires while in a Bf-109. In a Wirbelwind, I usually got overwhelmed with only 80 rounds per clip and with the Ostwind I, I don’t have enough volume of fire to take down P-47s. 

The few times I’ve successfully cleared out the Allied fighters, the Allies usually took the capture point as the 109s have practically no anti-tank ability outside one 250kg bomb or one salvo of br21 rockets. 

We don’t talk about the Do335s or the Me-410s because they’re bricks and easily get shot to pieces by the swarms of Allied fighters.

medal medal

allies dont need spaa as much as germany cause most of their tanks got .50 cals that can effectively kill enemy cas in short ranges. just a few .50 cal hits might ruin ur day.

it evens out the imbalance in spaa effectivity.

Edited by Mollotin
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1
medal

31 minutes ago, Mollotin said:

allies dont need spaa as much as germany cause most of their tanks got .50 cals that can effectively kill enemy cas in short ranges. just a few .50 cal hits might ruin ur day.

it evens out the imbalance in spaa effectivity.

It doesn't even out. Machineguns are worthless once you start encountering real air threats. Allies (and by allies I mean USA) are helpless against aviation at BRs 5-7. I would often get 5 kills with single spawn of french corsair at 6.0 if I play against USA, but as soon as you blow up a german tiger you get instantly deleted from the sky by kugelblitz from 2km away.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
medal

3 hours ago, Haxburch said:

The P47 can kill 1 tank and this costs  500-700 SP . Spawn 2 tanks would be much more effektive ...

You can kill 3 tanks if You get

1x from rockets

1x from one bomb drop

1x from second bomb drop 

Then You can get more kills by killing ground units with 12,7mm that are effective in it. Find Pz IV and shot his roof and he will be dead, same goes to most light tanks, stugs and T-34. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Use Wirbels or this new Sd.Kfz 251/21 (no nasty reload every few shots). You can also use Bf-110 G's to dispose enemy CAS, once you've dropped the ordnance they're good enough to swat some incoming CAS drones. Avoid using pure fighters like 109's in Ground Forces, since its just effective vs air. I always have 2 SPAA's, one multirole fighter and one frontline bomber. To defend the team vs. allied CAS and to bomb them in return.

1 minute ago, Thodin said:

Use Wirbels or this new Sd.Kfz 251/21 (no nasty reload every few shots). You can also use Bf-110 G's to dispose enemy CAS, once you've dropped the ordnance they're good enough to swat some incoming CAS drones. Avoid using pure fighters like 109's in Ground Forces, since its just effective vs air. I always have 2 SPAA's, one multirole fighter and one frontline bomber. To defend the team vs. allied CAS and to bomb them in return.

In other words

In order to play a tank, You have to play SPAA or Plane

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

In other words

In order to play a tank, You have to play SPAA or Plane

Combined battles =/= tank battle. 

Not everyone needs to play SPAAs. You just can't let it totally uncovered. In lower BRs there is no need to spawn early SPAA's anyways. Since cap'n'fly won't work that easily anymore, it takes a while until they show up. So its totally fine to play your tank and switch to anti air later.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

1x from rockets

1x from one bomb drop

1x from second bomb drop 

Then You can get more kills by killing ground units with 12,7mm that are effective in it. Find Pz IV and shot his roof and he will be dead, same goes to most light tanks, stugs and T-34. 

nonsense ... theorie fairy tale

rockets dont make the dmg for a kill and are not accurate ...

bomb , 2x500kg  works but is still not easy but this is the kill i count.

1x250kg is nonsense you need almost direct hit .

and cal50 anybody with cal50 can spray tanks for marks and assists . This is not spezial to p47...

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, pancake_addict said:

It doesn't even out. Machineguns are worthless once you start encountering real air threats. Allies (and by allies I mean USA) are helpless against aviation at BRs 5-7. I would often get 5 kills with single spawn of french corsair at 6.0 if I play against USA, but as soon as you blow up a german tiger you get instantly deleted from the sky by kugelblitz from 2km away.

lol dude, kugle is not good spaa, turret traverse and gun elevation speed is garbage, cant follow most planes, thats why many ger player use wirber till gepard

and i got 6 kills with 2.3 stuka at 7.7 becouse enemy was occupied by tanks, if usa players use 2 of their brain cells they look out for the sky too and easily kill your corsair

usa .50 even at higher tier is a huge advantage against any air threat, just look how easily they can kill early heli rush while nations like ger or rus have a hard time even damage ah-1g (what is the most broken DM heli or/and rus 12.7mm is nerfed to hell)

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

then git gud with it, i still use ju 87 d-3 at 7.7 with italy and mostly i get 1 or 2 kills with 250kg bombs

3 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

and cal50 anybody with cal50 can spray tanks for marks and assists . This is not spezial to p47...

then you probably use the wrong belt for it, in winter event i did the air tasks with la-5 in ground RB, svak with only 26mm pen did a wonderful job killing pz IVs and even shermans (but somehow pz IIIs were much harder to kill, but probably dont see them while flying p-47)

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

, kugle is not good spaa, turret traverse and gun elevation speed is garbage

@TheKatyusHATman except my bug report gave it the historical hydraulic drive :)

It now has 60°/sec traverse.

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I enjoy to exploit the unwillingness of allied players to play anti-air roles. I like to play planes in GF RB. Its easy to get top scorer if you kill some tanks or some planes. Everything related to air nets you more points than just shoting tanks.

Also take into account that there will be some fundamental changes with the next patch. The Attacker class of planes will be removed, instead there will be the new tag "Strike Aircraft". And Germany, Britain, Japan etc. get quite a few of their planes redesignated as Strike Aircrafts. All ingame nations which had massive lack of Attacker planes, will be fixed this way.

Strike Aircraft, Bombers and Fighters will all have different spawn point pools and thus won't double each others spawnpoint requirements upon respawn. So this change requires a complete overhaul of RB lineups for CAS supporters, since it will be finally possible for Ger (an others without Attackers) to bring more than 2 air spawns as well. Something like one Attacker, one Fighter, one Bomber. In high tier a fourth airspawn with helis is possible. It will be glorious.

Edited by Thodin

43 minutes ago, Thodin said:

I enjoy to exploit the unwillingness of allied players to play anti-air roles. I like to play planes in GF RB

Why don't they just play air RB?:lol2:

Basically every US plane from rank III-V has above 70% win rate there, nobody complaining about that:crazy:

Edited by NoodleCup31
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Basically every US plane from rank III-V has above 70% win rate there, nobody complaining about that:dntknw:

Op 50cals.... Its such an easy pray'n'spray weapon, ez gameplay with up to 3600 shots which have laserlike trajectories and are still lethal far above 1km. While other nation's planes have like a few dozens cannon rounds which don't even do more damage/burst.

56 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Combined battles =/= tank battle. 

Not everyone needs to play SPAAs. You just can't let it totally uncovered. In lower BRs there is no need to spawn early SPAA's anyways. Since cap'n'fly won't work that easily anymore, it takes a while until they show up. So its totally fine to play your tank and switch to anti air later.

How it won't work that easily? I would like to now as I do it without any problem at all :016:?

And again, people who want to play tank don't have anywhere to go besides modes where aircrafts are 

41 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

nonsense ... theorie fairy tale

rockets dont make the dmg for a kill and are not accurate ...

bomb , 2x500kg  works but is still not easy but this is the kill i count.

How it is nonsense as I do it frequently?

Rockets are good against light tanks or tank destroyers.

Bombs work without any problem

50 cal can destroy Pz IV, Stugs and T-34 by shoting their roof 

Edited by ULQ_LOVER

1 hour ago, Haxburch said:

Wut? are you joking?

I do a LOT of CAS using the Bf109, Me262A-2a and Ar234-B2 and only use 250kg bombs, I could load 500kg ones (except the Bf109 of course) but I never do, 250kg are good enough and there is no need to make planes even heavier. I hardly miss a target using 250kg ones.

The P47 is a killer plane in comparison, heavy suspended armament and when you are done you still have an excellent fighter.

medal

1 hour ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Why don't they just play air RB?:lol2:

Basically every US plane from rank III-V has above 70% win rate there, nobody complaining about that:crazy:

And German planes don´t :crazy:

G2 .... 70 % WR

Ta 152 H-1 ... 62 % WR

F4/Trop ... 65 % WR

G14 ....   77 % WR

1 hour ago, Thodin said:

I enjoy to exploit the unwillingness of allied players to play anti-air roles. I like to play planes in GF RB. Its easy to get top scorer if you kill some tanks or some planes. Everything related to air nets you more points than just shoting tanks.

Maybe cuz most allied AA are trash? 

M19 ... Yeah the enemy looks at you and youre death

M42 ... M19 with diffent chase 

M16 ... Decent

Crusader AAs ... Don´t make me laugh with this Turret rotation 

Amx-13 DCA 40 ... Probably the best of all of them 

Guess why some allied mains want the Skink so much, but yeah Axis powers are spoiled with good AAs

Edited by Privat_Moritz
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

32 minutes ago, Privat_Moritz said:

Guess why some allied mains want the Skink so much,

Why is that not in game yet actually...

The new effects make SPAA painful as hell anyways.

That muzzle flash burns your eyes

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Why is that not in game yet actually...

The new effects make SPAA painful as hell anyways.

That muzzle flash burns your eyes

Because only Germany get SPAA, after all the additions they decided Germany needed one more, after removing the Coelian and then adding the Ost II, then the extra low tier one.... While giving no other nation new options.

However, the problem is really down to none existing, I believe it has been theorised that the Skink won't fill much of a gap as would sit at the same BR as current.

Btw

Allied don't get 50 Cal's, USA do. And now with open MM there is no Allied v Axis (there can be of course). So glad they dumped this division. Now US play with DE it's time to get real and stop with too much of the nation jerking. So when it's RU/UK/Japan or whatever v DE/US/IT/FR where is the air superiority and SPAA coming from?? Now of all times is to get more balance in nations, so maybe not filling the Big 3 so much.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

after removing the Coelian and then adding the Ost II, then the extra low tier one

While not being able to prove the Ost ever existed...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

@TheKatyusHATman except my bug report gave it the historical hydraulic drive :)

It now has 60°/sec traverse.

Yeps, got its 60 deg / sec back. But I somehow don't like to play above 5.7 and below 8.7 BR. So everything in between is pretty much ignored by me. I like WW2 settings and I like cold war / modern settings. From 6.0 BR to like 8.3 is just a total weird mix of different eras. You got WW2, Cold War and Modern Warfare mixed into each other...I just totally dislike this. Just not immersive and a balancing nightmare. So I just don't know how Kugel actually performs.

23 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

While not being able to prove the Ost ever existed...

I doubt Ostwind II ever existed. But tbh, its a damn good SPAA. Ostwind II is better than Wirbel, having one barrel more than Ostwind I (->garbage) really makes a difference.

Edited by Thodin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

1x from rockets

1x from one bomb drop

1x from second bomb drop 

Panthers to ...Nashorn and so one 80 % of german vehicles :D  

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal