Would be nice if

1 hour ago, Himish said:

When people have used its free repairs and the event grind is over you won't be seeing them that much anymore. I don't think they will become a very bad nuisance in the long run.

Its power to weight ratio of 21.6 hp/t and max speed 80 km/h are very comparable to the better armored better gun traversing pak puma with 17.9 hp/t and 90 km/h, that has even better gun and sits as low as BR 3.0 and people have got used to them.

Your logic makes sense, and I hope you're right. But I can't stop feeling it's way more agile than pumas.. hahaha

On 01/03/2021 at 08:30, ponnes said:

You know you can still play WW2 stuff

While the game may not be a WW2 simulator and we can still play WW2 tanks yes, Gaijin has pretty much shifted their focus to modern vehicles. Modern may be their cash cow but I'm willing to bet there are more than a few players that play this game for the WW2 aspect and Gaijin barely touches it anymore. With every patch release Gaijin adds 1 WW2 vehicle for every 7 modern vehicles it seems and that's fine but I just wish they'd put a little more into the "old game." I myself don't play above 6.3 simply because cold war/modern vehicles don't interest me (also due to some imbalance but that's another story). 

I realize there is only so much old content that exists but they haven't really exhausted their options yet. Their are plenty of prototype/one production vehicles that existed (Gaijin gib tech tree KSP-76) that could slowly keep filling the lower tiers of all nations. Go look at the Gaijin Please list on the Warthunder subreddit. There is a lot of stuff not in game that could be added that could actually benefit even the smaller tech trees. And when I say prototype I don't mean paper/wooden models. I mean vehicles that were built and tested but maybe canned due to performance or lack of need (Gaijin gib Su-8). 

Edited by Gearstick
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Gearstick said:

While the game may not be a WW2 simulator and we can still play WW2 tanks yes, Gaijin has pretty much shifted their focus to modern vehicles. Modern may be their cash cow but I'm willing to bet there are more than a few players that play this game for the WW2 aspect and Gaijin barely touches it anymore. With every patch release Gaijin adds 1 WW2 vehicle for every 7 modern vehicles it seems and that's fine but I just wish they'd put a little more into the "old game." I myself don't play above 6.3 simply because cold war/modern vehicles don't interest me (also due to some imbalance but that's another story). 

Gaijin started with WW2 and works its way up now. They have finished WW2.

1 hour ago, Gearstick said:

I realize there is only so much old content that exists but they haven't really exhausted their options yet. Their are plenty of prototype/one production vehicles that existed (Gaijin gib tech tree KSP-76) that could slowly keep filling the lower tiers of all nations. Go look at the Gaijin Please list on the Warthunder subreddit. There is a lot of stuff not in game that could be added that could actually benefit even the smaller tech trees. And when I say prototype I don't mean paper/wooden models. I mean vehicles that were built and tested but maybe canned due to performance or lack of need (Gaijin gib Su-8). 

Thats exactly what alot of the WW2 players dont want.

medal medal medal