Jump to content

I'm currently playing Russia at BR 3.7-4.0, and every single game is filled with 4.7 tanks and i feel like a child fighting with grown men, i tried using my new unlocked 4.3 KV once and never again, that was a horrific stompage experience.

Is there a ''sweetspot'' like, there are a lot of tanks at certain BR that people play alot, so im forced to play with them since there is no option for ''i would rather wait 3 min for a match instead of 3 sec if that means i would be matched against my own br'' ? What BR is mostly played in RTB? So i can aim for those sweet meta and be matched against my own *kin, because this is just making me wanna rage, i flank some xyz tank at point blank, aim where ammo should be in a side, and i get just a hit, and while im reloading he turns his turret and oneshots me thro my perfectly angeled armor, than i go google wiki that tank that destroyed me and ofc its 4.7 every time.

 

Im playing for a few months now, fairly new player, tank grind is very slow and hard so im not fammiliar with all the tanks meta out there, its really slow, unlike Realistic Air battles, which im really good at and i half-grinded few nations allready (ditched russians because i can't deal with horrificly low ammo count), air battles are fine, uptier doesnt matter that much i can do all kinds of stuff stuff to defeat or escape an opponent and skill matters alot, so im having no problems with air battles, but what can a man do when uptiered every time with tanks? What skills? His tank is faster, immune to my gun, faster reload, better precision, better gun that oneshots me... what has skill has to do with it? As i said, plenty of times i got a jump on them, got on their sides. shoot shoot shoot and nothing.... they turn around and blast my perfectly angled KV/T-34 to the oblivion..... 

So, what BR should i play with tanks in order to be matched with my own ?

 

Also... should i ditch russia? Is it worth it? First when i started i hated them, so i gave up on tanks and fell in love in air battles, and now i'm back at tanks now that i am more knowledgeable and after many youtube videos, i get it now and i'm doing much better, but i still think they kinda suck, every other nation tends to have much more penetration much earlier than me and they all seem to have some tanks with awesome frontal armor that russians just cant deal with, while RU frontal weakpoints are just horrific and easy target for most of them, sherman is a pain in the **** to kill for russians unless you get a jump on their sides... if they are looking at you, youll have a hard time killing them. Overall pretty weak guns, long reload times, huge weakpoints in armor, and german stugs oneshots me from miles away every time even when angled, at least that was my experience up to tier that im at right now

 

ALSO, games are to damn short! Tickets bleed too fast! Idk how much longer i can tolerate it, its just stupit, no fun at all.... rounds that last 4 min? Especially stupid domination! I wish i could actually pick what game mode to play like wtf?! Anyway, im here now, game has these few flaws that will probably stop me from playing it at some point, if they heavent ''fixed'' that in all these years its probably here to stay, especially short match time which is the worst part of it. so i wont put any € into this game.

Edited by Skyliner13158

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying myself at 7.3 and 8.3 USSR. 

 

As for low tier Russians. The T34s are kinda meh. KV1s are definitely one of the better vehicles altho the German KV1B is better. The KV1 with long 75 is also miles better then anything USSR have at that BR. 

 

Things do start to get better at 5.7 and higher. The T34-85 is solid despite having plywood for armor. And the IS2 is somewhat fun. 

 

I'm grinding Russians myself atm. Altho at 8.3 and I do have quite a bit of fun. But again GER rules from 8.7-10.7.... 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Despeao said:

The Sweetspot is Germany, trust me. Try playing Germany at 4.3 and you'll see the difference.

 

Does Germany have any vehicles there apart from SPGs (ignoring semi-rare Premiums)?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

 

Does Germany have any vehicles there apart from SPGs (ignoring semi-rare Premiums)?

I prefer 4.3 because of the combined arms possibilities. At that BR I can have possibly 2 PZ IVs (which is enough to deal with any armoured target), a captured T-34, a Churchill, a Hetzer and a WB for AA. For air I use the P-47 and the 109 G-2 for CAS. This is probably the best line up in the game and I'm not even considering OP premiums like the KV1-B and or the Pak Puma.

Germany is just so much better than everything else, I do well in this line up even after a few beers.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Despeao said:

I prefer 4.3 because of the combined arms possibilities. At that BR I can have possibly 2 PZ IVs (which is enough to deal with any armoured target), a captured T-34, a Churchill, a Hetzer and a WB for AA. For air I use the P-47 and the 109 G-2 for CAS. This is probably the best line up in the game and I'm not even considering OP premiums like the KV1-B and or the Pak Puma.

Germany is just so much better than everything else, I do well in this line up even after a few beers.

 

Ah, the CAS options. I never think of these as most don't look at these possibilities when making a lineup (I do, however).

 

 

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

 

Ah, the CAS options. I never think of these as most don't look at these possibilities when making a lineup (I do, however).

 

 

You should try it, the P-47 alone make this line up worth it!

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

i tried using my new unlocked 4.3 KV once and never again, that was a horrific stompage experience.

 

The KV-1 Zis5 is great.  I didn't like or have much success with it when I first got it and used it in AB, but now it is one of my go to vehicles for events and daily tasks in RB.

 

Quote

Is there a ''sweetspot'' like, there are a lot of tanks at certain BR that people play alot, so im forced to play with them since there is no option for ''i would rather wait 3 min for a match instead of 3 sec if that means i would be matched against my own br'' ?

 

There are sweet spots, but they change as new vehicles get added and the playerbase adapts. 

 

Quote

Also... should i ditch russia? Is it worth it?

 

Opinions vary. I have enjoyed Russia.

 

Quote

ALSO, games are to damn short! Tickets bleed too fast! Idk how much longer i can tolerate it, its just stupit, no fun at all.... rounds that last 4 min?

 

I don't see many matches lasting only 4 minutes. Do you mean that you are done in 4 minutes because you get killed a couple of times and run out of spawn points?

 

Quote

Especially stupid domination! I wish i could actually pick what game mode to play like wtf?!

 

Domination is more popular than Conquest or Battle. Why do you dislike it?

 

 

Edited by HalbKana
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Despeao said:

The Sweetspot is Germany, trust me. Try playing Germany at 4.3 and you'll see the difference.

 

1 hour ago, Deranger79 said:

Does Germany have any vehicles there apart from SPGs (ignoring semi-rare Premiums)?

 

Pz.IV F2, G, H, and J are all very effective in a 4.0/4.3 lineup. Lot's of TD's to chose from, Flakbus, Hetzer, StuG, Dicker Max, even the 3.0 Marder III H is still effective at that BR.

 

Throw in Wirbelwind and Puma for good measure, and then of course the premium Pz.IV, KV-1, KV-2, Churchill, T-34, M4, etc.

 

For CAS any Bf 109, Fw 190 A5/U2, Stukas, Bf 110's, Me 410's, etc. The premiums like P-47, He 219, etc.

 

So yeah, 4.0/4.3 Germany can build large and effective lineups.

 

 

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

 

 

Pz.IV F2, G, H, and J are all very effective in a 4.0/4.3 lineup. Lot's of TD's to chose from, Flakbus, Hetzer, StuG, Dicker Max, even the 3.0 Marder III H is still effective at that BR.

 

Throw in Wirbelwind and Puma for good measure, and then of course the premium Pz.IV, KV-1, KV-2, Churchill, T-34, M4, etc.

 

For CAS any Bf 109, Fw 190 A5/U2, Stukas, Bf 110's, Me 410's, etc. The premiums like P-47, He 219, etc.

 

So yeah, 4.0/4.3 Germany can build large and effective lineups.

 

 

It is still easier to fight germans than to fight russians at 3.0-4.3 B.R.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ULQ_LOVER said:

It is still easier to fight germans than to fight russians at 3.0-4.3 B.R.

 

It can go either way, honestly. At 4.0/4.3, a BR we like to play, sometimes Russia steamrolls with T-34's and KV-1's, and sometimes the Germans steamroll with their plethora of options. Both nations can field highly effective lineups in those ranges.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

 

It can go either way, honestly. At 4.0/4.3, a BR we like to play, sometimes Russia steamrolls with T-34's and KV-1's, and sometimes the Germans steamroll with their plethora of options. Both nations can field highly effective lineups in those ranges.

All Pz IV are a way easier to destroy than T-34 where You have to really aim

Edited by ULQ_LOVER
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think german 3.7 is the best now after they lowered the BR of Pz IV G. You can get games where your Pz IV G, Wirbelwind, Me 410 A-1 and Me 410 A-1/U4 can be ridiculously effective as top dogs and an uptier does not affect that much. In the games where you die more, there are vehicles from rank II: PZ IV F2, StuGg III F and a variety of BF 110s with either big cannons or bombs. For most cases the rank II for these support vehicles does not matter, but the events and battlepass tasks may occasionally call for J'ing out and spawning a rank III vehicle to meet some match end criteria of a task.

 

German 4.0 and 4.3 are good too if you have the premiums, but the repair time/cost at those levels is also more than for 3.7 and the opponents start to get some better vehicles at those levels, especially in uptiers.

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you're talking about is BR compression. It gets worse the higher you go, but from my experience, 3.7 is a pretty good BR and after many games you should have more games facing lower BRs than higher BRs. That's because the next set of popular tanks down the tech tree, Tigers, Panthers, Sherman 76mm, T-34-85s, IS-2s, are at 5.0 and greater.

 

As for the T-34s, they're comparable in overall performance to the 75mm Shermans and Pz.IVs. You have to use the APHE because its damage much better than the APBC with negligible sacrifice to penetration. You'll still pierce Pz.IVs, Pz.IIIs, and Cromwells with ease and have the same trouble with everything else. The gun is alright at this BR, but you need to be mindful of where to shoot. The armor on the T-34 is pretty good, a large part of it can bounce 50mm German guns, 75mm Allied tank guns, and anything below, which are the majority of guns you'll face. They can still pierce you via weakspots, but they'll need to take time to aim, and if you're at medium to long ranges, it becomes substantially more difficult for them to pierce. The mobility on the T-34 is excellent, with its high engine power, wide tracks, and good top speed forward and reverse, it has one of the best mobility at its BR. Overall, the T-34 is a good vehicle.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DeltaUMi said:

What you're talking about is BR compression. It gets worse the higher you go, but from my experience, 3.7 is a pretty good BR and after many games you should have more games facing lower BRs than higher BRs. That's because the next set of popular tanks down the tech tree, Tigers, Panthers, Sherman 76mm, T-34-85s, IS-2s, are at 5.0 and greater.

 

As for the T-34s, they're comparable in overall performance to the 75mm Shermans and Pz.IVs. You have to use the APHE because its damage much better than the APBC with negligible sacrifice to penetration. You'll still pierce Pz.IVs, Pz.IIIs, and Cromwells with ease and have the same trouble with everything else. The gun is alright at this BR, but you need to be mindful of where to shoot. The armor on the T-34 is pretty good, a large part of it can bounce 50mm German guns, 75mm Allied tank guns, and anything below, which are the majority of guns you'll face. They can still pierce you via weakspots, but they'll need to take time to aim, and if you're at medium to long ranges, it becomes substantially more difficult for them to pierce. The mobility on the T-34 is excellent, with its high engine power, wide tracks, and good top speed forward and reverse, it has one of the best mobility at its BR. Overall, the T-34 is a good vehicle.

 

I think the Pz4/T-34/M4 "Iron Triangle" is one of the best places in the game, BR-wise.

 

Unfortunately, the 3.7-4.0 is almost all in Tier II for the US and USSR, so if I want to grind event stuff the only choice to play (with a substantial lineup) is Germany. I think they should tweak that...might have a positive impact on balance besides, by giving veterans more incentive to play the 75mm Shermans and 76mm T-34s.

  • Like 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NotTheWave said:

Unfortunately, the 3.7-4.0 is almost all in Tier II for the US and USSR, so if I want to grind event stuff the only choice to play (with a substantial lineup) is Germany.

 

M24 Chaffee, F4U-1D, and SB2C-1c and lots of backups is one of my preferred event (and fun) lineups.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xF4LC0NxPUNCHx said:

 

M24 Chaffee, F4U-1D, and SB2C-1c and lots of backups is one of my preferred event (and fun) lineups.

 

That certainly works...I don't bother with airplanes so what I would like to see tweaked is: if your lineup has Tier III stuff in it, then everything from that battle would count toward the achievement. So then one could run say an M4A2 and back it up with stuff like the M4 or M16 SPAA.

 

Likewise, the fact that I can roll both the Panzer IVH and Panzer IVG as "Tier IIIs" but not the T-34E STZ and T-34 '42 at the same battle ratings respectively is pretty jive. I wonder to what extent this impacts the stats of those Soviet tanks, as grinders avoid them.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...