I sincerely wonder how many RB players play the mode because of the realistically slower acceleration of the vehicles vs. the realistic lack of markers for non-enemies (while accepting unrealistic markers for friendlies) vs. the lack of mouse-over outline vs. the spawn mechanics.

You're right I've barely played GFRB. I just tried it again and was reminded why. Getting shot from seemingly out of nowhere is no fun, fighting with slow projectiles against enemies with fast projectiles is a xxxx nightmare, the scouted enemies arrow being frozen but updating every second (instead it could include a predicted motion vector), and newbie/bad players punished by only being able to spawn twice. xxxx that. Honestly the speed issue was a distant concern compared to the above. Then again I was driving an R3T106... Anyway, enjoy your relatively unpopular mode. ;) (you're absolutely right that it would be a much smaller change for AB to remove/tweak markers than to fix the crap I listed above in RB)

Edited by LtChambers
  • Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal

1 minute ago, LtChambers said:

Anyway, enjoy your relatively unpopular mode. ;)

dude as i said "dont like it dont play it", if you come from AB then i suggest to learn the whole game again but in RB, in other words play low tier tanks, br 1.3-1.7

i remember when i first tried RB, i grinded ger TT up to tiger II in AB then my first RB battle was with pz III E (or j, not long gun pz III but not reserve) and i had 16 kills

also i came from WoT to play WT and i was absolutely disgusted by arcade speed boosts, i just didnt like how every little turn coused my tank do a tokyo drift but probably its just preferences

medal medal medal medal medal

On 25/02/2021 at 20:14, LtChambers said:

Getting shot from seemingly out of nowhere is no fun, fighting with slow projectiles against enemies with fast projectiles is a xxxx nightmare, the scouted enemies arrow being frozen but updating every second (instead it could include a predicted motion vector), and newbie/bad players punished by only being able to spawn twice.

See.... and this is why for example i like RB....

You can use anything for cover. You need to adjust your gameplay for lower velocity guns. The scouted arrow gives you general idea of where the enemy is and nothing more. And newbie/bad players are being punished ? How.... It's not a punishment. It's called a steep learning curve.... I've had little to no issue with guns when i went from AB to RB. My biggest issue was rushing in like a fool and getting roflstomped.

medal medal medal medal medal medal