37 minutes ago, Corona_Chan69 said:

Ok to frankly explain, speeding up tanks kinda ruins the gameplay and point of ground RB. Most players who play RB want a tank gameplay that's close to realism as possible without crossing the line of being a simulator game so WT vehicles are modeled exactly that way to replicate vehicle specifications as closely as possible IRL. So putting up speed changes that don't match the specifications ruins the point of ground RB and in turn ruins the purpose of war thunder in general. Tanks come in different flavors some are fast and some are slow and that's the beauty of it. It's because of that we can appreciate each vehicle and it's features, their strengths and their weaknesses and changing any of those as I said ruins it.

but now it is also a game, and realistic hold 1 thing arcade doesn't and it's that you can't see people unless you spot them yourself, and by speeding up the tanks to the speed it's possible to be more skilled and take more manuevueble fights why you also might have to be faster on the trigger is not that bad for me if it is for you fine, but i hold my opion and thats what i say

I think remove markers from AB is more what you are after if you are not that interested in realistic physics. You could post that kind of thing on AB forum and see how they take it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

The speeds are different because the gamemodes are different.  Arcade is purposely tuned to be faster paced, so of course the vehicles aren't going to be lugging around the map.  It's a gamemode that's more refined for players who want to play the game without so much emphasis on realism as much as action-packed fun.

Realistic, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.  It's slower paced and meant to attract players who want more realism in their game.  Of course, as others said, realistic mode is still not anywhere near a simulation, but that doesn't mean we should just give up on trying to maintain the gamemode's realism.  Frankly, you don't understand who and what these gamemodes are meant to be for.

42 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

i don't understand why there even would be a mode where i'ts boosted and 1 mode there isn't,

There are different modes to appeal to a wider audience.  Not everyone wants AB gameplay which includes more than just the boosted engines. It has the enemy markers, aim point assist, mixed battles and handles aircraft completely differently.

Of those features the one you seem to take issue with is the markers and that drives you to try RB, but you don't like that RB is more realistically slower than AB. That's fine on its own, but there are lots of players already in RB who don't support that change. There are also players who are unhappy with RB because it's not realistic enough. They are interested in bringing in features of SB like restricted viewpoints and lack of friendly markers, but don't want other features like team killing brought over.

None of the modes are perfect. You have to pick the one you like best. Or you could play all of them and enjoy each of them for what they are.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

2 hours ago, kenley9 said:

go be dumb on somebody else time haha I come with an idea i know from many players + myself so as i said to the guy earlier if you don't like my comment stop wasting my time my idea is my idea deal with it or don't there is no gaijin law there says i need to play 300 matches in rb before telling people my idea so again don't like it don't comment

I am confident that Gaijin will accord your fine suggestion all of the consideration that it merits.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

Didn't we actually run into each other in a RB match and you suggested to add markers, because there are so many campers? 

Edit: nvm...that was someone else...he wanted markers to be added to make camping difficult and said that due to that feature Arcade is much better. 

The maximum speeds of the vehicles are speeds that can be reached in ideal conditions. In most cases, this means on a flat paved road and some of the vehicles in the game would take a very long time to reach those speeds. 

In Arcade, they get a boost in engine power to get there faster. 

Edited by PointyPuffin
medal medal medal medal medal medal

35 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

, but you all seems to forgot why tanks are tanks and it's because they are specially good to get trough hard terrain but in realistic it's simply just not right in my opinion

where did you get this? and when everyone else says its a stupid idea and only you want it then probably the majority who played RB for a longer period of time is right

you cannot counter our arguments with anything but keep saying you want it and our opinion dont matter to you, hence its a troll post and should be locked

medal medal medal medal medal

Low-skill and barely literate FNG shows up and expects one of (if not) the most popular modes in WT to be fundamentally altered to suit his preferences.

What could go wrong, I wonder?

Edited by NotTheWave
medal medal medal

3 hours ago, kenley9 said:

actually it's not realistic, tanks are as fast in real life as they are in arcade many of them, the tiger tank could drive 47 km in max speed and in realistic you can't drive more than 30 with it if your going down a hill, it's true you don't accelerate so fast but you can still drive fast

have you considered driving another tank in RB if you want to go faster

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, NotTheWave said:

I am confident that Gaijin will accord your fine suggestion all of the consideration that it merits.

Great 

16 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

have you considered driving another tank in RB if you want to go faster

i actually just realised they have giving tanks a boost just not the tanks i played much earlier so it actually seems fine right now

there is no rank in war thunder so where you getting your own mind of low skilled from

33 minutes ago, NotTheWave said:

Low-skill and barely literate FNG shows up and expects one of (if not) the most popular modes in WT to be fundamentally altered to suit his preferences.

there is no rank in war thunder so where did you get your own deffinition of low skilled from? 

Faster does not immediately mean better or more skilled.  In RB it is often the patient that are rewarded, not the hasty (unless you know what you are doing), and as it is the urge to bowl to spawn (a massive gamble and the most boring of games in my experience) is already too prevalent with newer players.

If you truly want faster in RB then have you Test Drove any of the later MBT Premiums as they might give you the style you are looking for, and already exists as it is in RBGF?

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

41 minutes ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

where did you get this? and when everyone else says its a stupid idea and only you want it then probably the majority who played RB for a longer period of time is right

you cannot counter our arguments with anything but keep saying you want it and our opinion dont matter to you, hence its a troll post and should be locked

i never said your opinion doesn't matter to me i actually did say if im wrong i accept it? and as i said it's not a concurrence,  it's here gaijin looks when they want to change something so i put the things up i like and you proberly put things up others don't want either so why should mine get locked just because some don't like it you can't sadisfy everyone thats how it is we both have our rights to post what we want

2 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

Faster does not immediately mean better or more skilled.I n RB it is often the patient that are rewarded, not the hasty (unless you know what you are doing), and as it is the urge to bowl to spawn (a massive gamble and the most boring if games in my experience) is already too prevalent with newer players.

If you truly want faster in RB then have you Test Drove any of the later MBT Premiums as they might give you the style you are looking for, and already exists as it is in RBGF?

no i don't say it's make your more skilled i say it give opputunitys and it might could be more skilled by it, and what you mean with RBGF?:)

49 minutes ago, PointyPuffin said:

Didn't we actually run into each other in a RB match and you suggested to add markers, because there are so many campers? 

Edit: nvm...that was someone else...he wanted markers to be added to make camping difficult and said that due to that feature Arcade is much better. 

The maximum speeds of the vehicles are speeds that can be reached in ideal conditions. In most cases, this means on a flat paved road and some of the vehicles in the game would take a very long time to reach those speeds. 

In Arcade, they get a boost in engine power to get there faster. 

maybe i can't remember but i see they made a little boost to the speed in RB actually so it semms fine now i just didn't see it before now 

Edited by kenley9

1 hour ago, Himish said:

I think remove markers from AB is more what you are after if you are not that interested in realistic physics. You could post that kind of thing on AB forum and see how they take it.

finally one who thinks,  your right i just didn't see a way how to tell that without mention RB mode

1 hour ago, False_Swiss said:

The speeds are different because the gamemodes are different.  Arcade is purposely tuned to be faster paced, so of course the vehicles aren't going to be lugging around the map.  It's a gamemode that's more refined for players who want to play the game without so much emphasis on realism as much as action-packed fun.

Realistic, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.  It's slower paced and meant to attract players who want more realism in their game.  Of course, as others said, realistic mode is still not anywhere near a simulation, but that doesn't mean we should just give up on trying to maintain the gamemode's realism.  Frankly, you don't understand who and what these gamemodes are meant to be for.

i just realised the speed is a bit changed since i stopped playing RB last time so seems fine now, so it could be a misunderstanding from my point of view, i mean what im trying to say

12 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

no i don't say it's make your more skilled i say it give opputunitys and it might could be more skilled by it, and what you mean with RBGF?:)

I understand, but that still stands in my opinion; you are given opportunities by the current speed, faster does not be necessarily give any more opportunities. 

RBGF is Realistic Battles, Ground Forces, as in the mode but shorter for ease of typing.

Have you tried the later MBTs? That part of the game appears to have much more mobile vehicles, so might actually fit the style you are imagining. Test Drives of some of the later Premiums might give you this insight (I don't play up there myself).

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

44 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

I understand, but that still stands in my opinion; you are given opportunities by the current speed, faster does not be necessarily give any more opportunities. 

RBGF is Realistic Battles, Ground Forces, as in the mode but shorter for ease of typing.

Have you tried the later MBTs? That part of the game appears to have much more mobile vehicles, so might actually fit the style you are imagining. Test Drives of some of the later Premiums might give you this insight (I don't play up there myself).

No i haven't MBT tanks are american and i play german, we have the kpz-70 i think they are the closest but they are fast enough i don't think light or medium tanks need speed just SPG and heavy tanks, of course there shall be a diffents if your in a heavy tank so it has to be slower, but my main game tanks are either SPAA which don't need speed course you go for aircraft and they are fast enough, then i like heavy tanks and jagdtiger SPG but something is missing and i think a little speed boost could do it + the jagdtigers reload speed is also very high on 20 second, the tiger II is great by the way it fits the speed it in arcade it's slower than others but not to slow and maybe it is fine i just feel diffents you can be right :)

Edited by kenley9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kenley9 said:

what kind of response was that if you don't like what i have to say don't spent time on me then...

Umm... no. That's not how the internet works in general, but especially when you ask people for their opinion of your idea.  See Exhibit A:

image.thumb.png.6a10100f022dddccdb84df08

Sorry, but not sorry. If you ask people for their thoughts, and then your knickers get all bunched up when people provide their opinions... well... that's a "you" problem, my friend.

10 minutes ago, ptrthgr8 said:

Umm... no. That's not how the internet works in general, but especially when you ask people for their opinion of your idea.  See Exhibit A:

image.thumb.png.6a10100f022dddccdb84df08

Sorry, but not sorry. If you ask people for their thoughts, and then your knickers get all bunched up when people provide their opinions... well... that's a "you" problem, my friend.

no I ask for their opinion about the topic not about what i should or shouldn't play so read again, and if thats how you people avoid a to answer proberly i don't think im the one with a problem, specially not since you choice this comment to comment on ;) so enjoy your witchhunt 

1 hour ago, kenley9 said:

no I ask for their opinion about the topic not about what i should or shouldn't play so read again, and if thats how you people avoid a to answer proberly i don't think im the one with a problem, specially not since you choice this comment to comment on ;) so enjoy your witchhunt 

Hmm. I'm going to assume that this is an ESL issue. In your original post, you wrote "please make tanks as fast as in arcade battles i think it's much more fun..." This means you, as a player, feel like AB is more fun than RB, because of the faster tanks." You set the topic to essentially be "AB is more fun than RB because of faster tanks." And then @TheKatyusHATman replied to your request for feedback by writing: "dont like it dont play it, if you love the speed of arcade then play arcade."  He is absolutely, unequivocally, without even the slightest doubt responding directly to the topic you created and the opinion you stated.

And witch hunt? <sigh> I love it when people manufacture their own victimization. :D

It's like you're trying to debate a point without even understanding your own topic. Or perhaps it's more like you don't understand the responses you're receiving? And that's fine. No blood, no foul. Just try to not get so prickly when people disagree with you.

And for the record, I think your suggestion is a terrible one. Ground RB has it's problems, for sure, but tank speed in general isn't one of them. You obviously are more familiar with ground AB: you've played 2251 ground AB battles, vs. a mere 74 ground RB battles. Everyone's opinion is valid, of course, but I think yours might have greater credibility if you had significantly more RB games under your belt. Go back and play a few hundred more and see if your opinion on the matter has changed at all. If afterwards you still maintain that tank speed in ground RB should be faster like it is in ground AB, then I'd still agree with those who suggest you stick to playing AB since that's the mode your do seem to prefer. It's not a personal judgment or anything of the sort.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ptrthgr8 said:

Hmm. I'm going to assume that this is an ESL issue. In your original post, you wrote "please make tanks as fast as in arcade battles i think it's much more fun..." This means you, as a player, feel like AB is more fun than RB, because of the faster tanks." You set the topic to essentially be "AB is more fun than RB because of faster tanks." And then @TheKatyusHATman replied to your request for feedback by writing: "dont like it dont play it, if you love the speed of arcade then play arcade."  He is absolutely, unequivocally, without even the slightest doubt responding directly to the topic you created and the opinion you stated.

And witch hunt? <sigh> I love it when people manufacture their own victimization. :D

It's like you're trying to debate a point without even understanding your own topic. Or perhaps it's more like you don't understand the responses you're receiving? And that's fine. No blood, no foul. Just try to not get so prickly when people disagree with you.

And for the record, I think your suggestion is a terrible one. Ground RB has it's problems, for sure, but tank speed in general isn't one of them. You obviously are more familiar with ground AB: you've played 2251 ground AB battles, vs. a mere 74 ground RB battles. Everyone's opinion is valid, of course, but I think yours might have greater credibility if you had significantly more RB games under your belt. Go back and play a few hundred more and see if your opinion on the matter has changed at all. If afterwards you still maintain that tank speed in ground RB should be faster like it is in ground AB, then I'd still agree with those who suggest you stick to playing AB since that's the mode your do seem to prefer. It's not a personal judgment or anything of the sort.

im asking about increasing the speed in RB his typing as you just typed yourself "you don't like it don't play it" how does that make any sense what so ever? together don't waste my time, if you love the speed of arcade then play arcade, still has nothing to do with my request about speed in RB, I decide what i play and don't play and i figure out what i stick to and not stick to, and i never said I don't like playing RB so no it has nothing to do with disagreeing, course if you look closly enough on other things in this topic then you see i communicate perfectly with others, but not when people type something im not asking about " if i was saying i don't like playing RB then his response was perfectly otherwise that response make no sense what so ever, it's a fact not a discussion, some people don't wanna respect others peoples decisions they jsut wanna ruin everything they see and hear and im not listening to that, people say gaijin sucks and people don't want my idea fine then why are you playing this game not me and why are you guys in here you see?

and the last comment you made there where you say "and for the record" was a perfectly comment, and i tell you this as i told others i like to see an arcade speed in a realistic battle mode where you don't see people waiting for you around the corner unless they did spot you, but i have had a hard time in realistic course of the speed it simply felt wrong in my opinion, but i just found out as i said to a other guy that there is actually a boost giving in RB on some vechiles i play so it seems fine 

and i don't wanna offend you i just don't want to spent time on people who can't talk proberly so im sorry if i was rude 

Edited by kenley9
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

but i have had a hard time in realistic course of the speed it simply felt wrong in my opinion

Trust me, it felt awkward for me too.  If I thought a stock tank in AB was annoying to drive around with, driving a stock tank in RB was a nightmare.  But you get used to it.  We shouldn't change the speed just because it doesn't feel right.  Heck, AB speed doesn't feel right to me anymore, and I think a lot of experienced RB players would agree that increasing the speed to that found in AB or near that would be awkward for them.

And as others have said, tank speed in RB is already higher than what it should be.

15 minutes ago, False_Swiss said:

Trust me, it felt awkward for me too.  If I thought a stock tank in AB was annoying to drive around with, driving a stock tank in RB was a nightmare.  But you get used to it.  We shouldn't change the speed just because it doesn't feel right.  Heck, AB speed doesn't feel right to me anymore, and I think a lot of experienced RB players would agree that increasing the speed to that found in AB or near that would be awkward for them.

And as others have said, tank speed in RB is already higher than what it should be.

Yes i actually realised that now, it's just the heavy tanks and heavy SPG there can be painful, since i like jagdtiger and it is so slow + it has no turrent all around except it's front and then it has so high reload time to so it's insane so i just feel like jagdtiger need a boost but it might be reload time since it's on 21 second and 18 if full weapon reloading and leadership, where it could be more realistic with a lower realod time, it has good armor but taking 3 hits before firing one is just to much

7 hours ago, kenley9 said:

Yes i actually realised that now, it's just the heavy tanks and heavy SPG there can be painful, since i like jagdtiger and it is so slow 

what do you expect from a vehicle of 75 tonns with a 619 hp engine? for 60-70 tonns vehicles with 600-700 hp  engine is very weak, INR tigers had problems with their engine being too weak

but i do agree that reload time on some high caliber vehicles such as jagdtiger, maus, rus 122mm cannons need reload buff, 24 and 27 sec reload is realy just nerf on ger+rus, while usa and brit reload on 120mm cannons at the same br is 19 sec stock (so it can be better)

11 hours ago, kenley9 said:

No i haven't, MBT tanks are american and i play german

you get the term MBT very wrong, in ww2 there were medium and heavy tanks, and you can guess, heavies had better armor and more powerful guns while mediums had better mobility but less armor and weaker guns, after the war medium tanks evolved soo much that they had better armor and firepower than heavies (also weight more than heavies) while maintaining their speed (good example is t-64 vs t-10), so the new chategory were born Main Battle Tanks, and its not an usa only term

also many nation chategorized tanks based on their weight, above 40 tonns it was considered a heavy tank ( thats why many call panthers heavy tanks while germans said its a medium tank)

16 hours ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

what do you expect from a vehicle of 75 tonns with a 619 hp engine? for 60-70 tonns vehicles with 600-700 hp  engine is very weak, INR tigers had problems with their engine being too weak

but i do agree that reload time on some high caliber vehicles such as jagdtiger, maus, rus 122mm cannons need reload buff, 24 and 27 sec reload is realy just nerf on ger+rus, while usa and brit reload on 120mm cannons at the same br is 19 sec stock (so it can be better)

you get the term MBT very wrong, in ww2 there were medium and heavy tanks, and you can guess, heavies had better armor and more powerful guns while mediums had better mobility but less armor and weaker guns, after the war medium tanks evolved soo much that they had better armor and firepower than heavies (also weight more than heavies) while maintaining their speed (good example is t-64 vs t-10), so the new chategory were born Main Battle Tanks, and its not an usa only term

also many nation chategorized tanks based on their weight, above 40 tonns it was considered a heavy tank ( thats why many call panthers heavy tanks while germans said its a medium tank)

yes of course i know they are heavier + a better engine could be provited maybe, i also said it should be slower in a other comment just not that much where i see other medium tanks as the panther you meantion can drive 60km/h if not more actually and the tiger on 35/45km/h, course it has it weight thats right but the tracks on a tank is fitted to carry that out unless it drives in mud and high hills so i think the acceleration is of course fine, but the main top speed could be a bit more, and i think if anyone could actually go drive that only tiger 1 we have left in the world today they would see how good it actually is if they try to drive it fast.

But if warthunder players simply can't see my point of view or won't accept it i have can't do much then, but there is just one crucial point as i see it first is one thing is to drive a tiger in real life during world war 2 the second is playing it, if you drive it it's another experience, if you play it diffently not the same, and im sure the tanks crew in a tiger would like a higher speed, course they took many hits from t-34 with slow manuevering allready on the speed they had so that's kinda how i see it, its not a racing tank but a good tank except it's good armor which clearly means nothing in war thunder so yeah

and ty for understanding my jagdtiger issue :)

Edited by kenley9

On 23/02/2021 at 12:11, NotTheWave said:

Other than simulation, naval, and assault, GFRB is the least popular mode:

GameModeCountPerHourFeb7to15.png.ead5f8d

GFAB is the most popular.

I happen to agree with the OP in that I'd like to combine RB's lack of non-scouted markers with AB's faster pace and random-spawn airplanes (although the way naval does it might be ok too with both random and lineup-based aircraft). Whether that is removing markers from AB, or adding speed to RB and changing the spawn mechanics, I don't really care. But I certainly admit that the latter would be a much bigger change (spawn mechanics), so it'd be easier to remove markers from AB. And honestly, if you removed non-scouted markers from AB but kept the on-mouse-over outline, I don't think most AB players would complain. That would make scouting a lot more important and make hiding/concealment more important.

Edited by LtChambers

16 hours ago, LtChambers said:

Other than simulation, naval, and assault, GFRB is the least popular mode:

GameModeCountPerHourFeb7to15.png.ead5f8d

GFAB is the most popular.

I happen to agree with the OP in that I'd like to combine RB's lack of non-scouted markers with AB's faster pace and random-spawn airplanes (although the way naval does it might be ok too with both random and lineup-based aircraft). Whether that is removing markers from AB, or adding speed to RB and changing the spawn mechanics, I don't really care. But I certainly admit that the latter would be a much bigger change (spawn mechanics), so it'd be easier to remove markers from AB. And honestly, if you removed non-scouted markers from AB but kept the on-mouse-over outline, I don't think most AB players would complain. That would make scouting a lot more important and make hiding/concealment more important.

Many thousands of  people play RB Ground, that is a fact. This one AB player with a handful of RB battles under his belt doesn't get to roll up and demand fundamental changes to our mode, any more than you'd catch me telling the Arcade or SIM guys how their modes ought to be.

As for the rest of your post, go talk about changing AB over in the Arcade Battle forums. You've played almost no RB at all.

inb4 accusations of being an "RB elitist"...it has nothing to do with one mode or its players being better or worse. It's about how ridiculous and frankly rude it is to demand changes to modes that one has never personally played, that many other people have invested quite a lot of time and effort into.

Edited by NotTheWave
medal medal medal