please make tanks as fast as in arcade battles i think it's much more fun and seriously if the tanks has the same speed allround in both arcade and realistis the speed in realistic is just to wierd what do you guys think :)?

• Haha 4
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, kenley9 said:

please make tanks as fast as in arcade battles i think it's much more fun and seriously if the tanks has the same speed allround in both arcade and realistis the speed in realistic is just to wierd what do you guys think :)?

It's one of the very few things that are still realistic in realistic battles.... gaijub allready buttered the hills. dont give them any more ideas.

• Like 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, kenley9 said:

if the tanks has the same speed allround in both arcade and realistis the speed in realistic is just to wierd

What?

6 hours ago, kenley9 said:

If you want fast tanks please stick to arcade. RB is already slowly getting skewed by having arcade like maps.

medal

12 hours ago, MagicalMethod said:

It's one of the very few things that are still realistic in realistic battles.... gaijub allready buttered the hills. dont give them any more ideas.

actually it's not realistic, tanks are as fast in real life as they are in arcade many of them, the tiger tank could drive 47 km in max speed and in realistic you can't drive more than 30 with it if your going down a hill, it's true you don't accelerate so fast but you can still drive fast

Edited by kenley9
error
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

dont like it dont play it, if you love the speed of arcade then play arcade

what kind of response was that if you don't like what i have to say don't spent time on me then, I do like realistic course you can't get seen so easily as in arcade, but the speed isn't realistic at all, tanks are faster in real life the tiger could drive as fast in real life as in arcade, in realistic you got nothing, and if they made a 3 gamemode where you have the speed as in arcade but you can't see people with that read circle fine give me that

Edited by kenley9
mistake
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, False_Swiss said:

What?

why is there 2 speeds, why isn't the speed the same? the speed in arcade battles are realistic so why have a much slower speed in "realistic battle" a tigers max speed is 47km but in realistic you don't get more than 30km

8 hours ago, Corona_Chan69 said:

If you want fast tanks please stick to arcade. RB is already slowly getting skewed by having arcade like maps.

and if i want fast tanks without getting seen trough walls ?:) then what, should i stick to arcade battles :)?

Edited by kenley9
error

8 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

why is there 2 speeds, why isn't the speed the same? the speed in arcade battles are realistic so why have a much slower speed in "realistic battle" a tigers max speed is 47km but in realistic you don't get more than 30km

- Has only played German tanks in AB, with very little in the way of success

- Plays 20 matches in RB

- Has magnificent suggestions for the improvement of the RB mode based on his desire for Tigers to be faster.

I'm all for the free exchange of ideas, but that comes with some minimal responsibility on your part to become educated in the matters under discussion. Until you do that, we'll have to insist that you go be dumb on somebody else's time.

• Haha 1
medal medal medal

20 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

what kind of response was that if you don't like what i have to say don't spent time on me then, I do like realistic course you can't get seen so easily as in arcade, but the speed isn't realistic at all, tanks are faster in real life the tiger could drive as fast in real life as in arcade in realistic you got nothing, and if they made a 3 gamemode where you have the speed as in arcade but you can't see people with that read circle fine give me tha

This is like talking to a 10 yr old lol.. Even in RB war thunder tanks are still faster than their real life counterparts. Please do your own research to have even the basic knowledge on how tanks or even a normal vehicle speed works. If you want to be fast play a light tank or play top tier and you'll see how absurdly small and badly designed the maps are in war thunder.

• Like 1
medal

10 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

Just a quick check from Wikipedia for Tiger:

"Maximum, road: 45.4 km/h (28.2 mph)
Sustained, road: 40 km/h (25 mph)
Cross country: 20–25 km/h (12–16 mph)"

and:
"Early Tigers had a top speed of about 45 kilometres per hour (28 mph) over optimal terrain. This was not recommended for normal operation, and was discouraged in training. An engine governor was subsequently installed, capping the engine at 2,600 rpm and the Tiger's maximum speed to about 38 kilometres per hour (24 mph). Tiger crews report that typical march speed off-road was 10 kilometers per hour (6 mph)."

The RB performance seems to be close to that. Deviations from reality can be either way for some tanks, but generally RB is a lot closer than AB. Please, provide sources, if you have better knowledge. Gaijin  may actually make changes to the game if enough documentation of performance is provided.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal

37 minutes ago, NotTheWave said:

- Has only played German tanks in AB, with very little in the way of success

- Plays 20 matches in RB

- Has magnificent suggestions for the improvement of the RB mode based on his desire for Tigers to be faster.

I'm all for the free exchange of ideas, but that comes with some minimal responsibility on your part to become educated in the matters under discussion. Until you do that, we'll have to insist that you go be dumb on somebody else's time.

go be dumb on somebody else time haha I come with an idea i know from many players + myself so as i said to the guy earlier if you don't like my comment stop wasting my time my idea is my idea deal with it or don't there is no gaijin law there says i need to play 300 matches in rb before telling people my idea so again don't like it don't comment

Edited by kenley9

26 minutes ago, Himish said:

Just a quick check from Wikipedia for Tiger:

"Maximum, road: 45.4 km/h (28.2 mph)
Sustained, road: 40 km/h (25 mph)
Cross country: 20–25 km/h (12–16 mph)"

and:
"Early Tigers had a top speed of about 45 kilometres per hour (28 mph) over optimal terrain. This was not recommended for normal operation, and was discouraged in training. An engine governor was subsequently installed, capping the engine at 2,600 rpm and the Tiger's maximum speed to about 38 kilometres per hour (24 mph). Tiger crews report that typical march speed off-road was 10 kilometers per hour (6 mph)."

The RB performance seems to be close to that. Deviations from reality can be either way for some tanks, but generally RB is a lot closer than AB. Please, provide sources, if you have better knowledge. Gaijin  may actually make changes to the game if enough documentation of performance is provided.

exatcly 45 km/h per hour that was also what i read and im commenting on so why not make it possible to actually get 45 km/h per hour over normal terrain, and what they change and don't change is so far away from what i think they do, i just type what i feel and many others proberly feel :)

29 minutes ago, Corona_Chan69 said:

This is like talking to a 10 yr old lol.. Even in RB war thunder tanks are still faster than their real life counterparts. Please do your own research to have even the basic knowledge on how tanks or even a normal vehicle speed works. If you want to be fast play a light tank or play top tier and you'll see how absurdly small and badly designed the maps are in war thunder.

you say to me "don't like it don't play it" you really think i would give you guys my time a day on something i don't like playing, come on step up this is a discussion a seriously one not a " im right or wrong concurrence" I give you guys + gaijin my idea and my opinion like it or not, comment on that maybe and not on whatever i should only play arcade or what i should or not should play"

Edited by kenley9
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

you say to me "don't like it don't play it" you really think i would give you guys my time a day on something i don't like playing, come on step up this is a discussion a seriously one not a " im right or wrong concurrence" I give you guys + gaijin my idea and my opinion like it or not, comment on that maybe and not on whatever i should only play arcade or what i should or not should play"

Because your ideas are absolutely absurd and will get you laughed at by virtually everyone in the community. 

medal

5 minutes ago, Corona_Chan69 said:

Because your ideas are absolutely absurd and will get you laughed at by virtually everyone in the community. 

you mean the community there only has about 100000 left, how many players did war thunder have for many years ago and look now, people want new idea's, new game modes mate so what does it take for these players to come back you think? course how it's going now this game is pretty dead by the looks of it, and fine my idea here is amybe not good then i accept it but tell me in a good way thanks would that be to hard

Edited by kenley9

WT wiki says max speed for the Tiger H1 is 45 kmh in RB and 48 kmh in AB. So this little tempest in a teacup is all about a 3 kmh difference?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

no I mean that you have a hard time reaching a speed over 30km/h in realistic in the tiger, in arcade you reach 45 easily thats the thing im commenting on, not the 3 km

5 minutes ago, HalbKana said:

WT wiki says max speed for the Tiger H1 is 45 kmh in RB and 48 kmh in AB. So this little tempest in a teacup is all about a 3 kmh difference?

no I mean that you have a hard time reaching a speed over 30 km/h in realistic but you get 45 km/h in arcade easily

Edited by kenley9

3 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

you mean the community there only has about 100000 left, how many players did war thunder have for many years ago and look now, people want new idea's, new game modes mate so what does it take for these players to come back you think? course how it's going now this game is pretty dead by the looks of it, and fine my idea here is amybe not good then i accept it but tell me in a good way thanks would that be to hard

You know the forum community generally quarrel and argue a lot but there are 2 things that the community agrees on. These are 1 gaijin sucks and 2 we want the game to improve but there are some ideas that are really just bad and ridiculous and yours is one of those. The sole reason why war thunder still exist is that it's the only game that has semi-realistic gameplay which World of donkeys and Battlefield don't replicate. So the last thing we want is to turn RB into another arcade game by mindlessly speeding up tanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal

13 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

no I mean that you have a hard time reaching a speed over 30km/h in realistic in the tiger, in arcade you reach 45 easily thats the thing im commenting on, not the 3 km

Well, you started out complaining about speed. It seems your real beef is acceleration and responsiveness.  You do understand that these values are artificially boosted in AB, right? They are not indicative  of the actual vehicle performance. 

I was very concerned about vehicle speed in RB when I started in RB. For a while I would spade a vehicle in AB before playing it in RB. After a while I would switch over after getting filters, engine and transmission modules. Eventually I realized it wasn't the big deal I thought it was.

RB is not going to get the boosted mobility of AB. You have to choose between that AB mobility or the lack of markers in RB. You can't get both.

Edited by HalbKana
medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Corona_Chan69 said:

You know the forum community generally quarrel and argue a lot but there are 2 things that the community agrees on. These are 1 gaijin sucks and 2 we want the game to improve but there are some ideas that are really just bad and ridiculous and yours is one of those. The sole reason why war thunder still exist is that it's the only game that has semi-realistic gameplay which World of donkeys and Battlefield don't replicate. So the last thing we want is to turn RB into another arcade game by mindlessly speeding up tanks.

Okay if thats how you feel thats how you feel, i just don't get it why you says it's ridicilous thats a strong word for a little boost xD whats fun about it being so slow since there are plenty playing arcade with the speed boost, and to say mine is ridicilous is a bit angry to say, every man has it's ideas and everyone deserve it's respect whatever you like it or not

Edited by kenley9

11 minutes ago, HalbKana said:

Well, you started out complaining about speed. It seems your real beef is acceleration and responsiveness.  You do understand that these values are artificially boosted in AB, right? They are not indicative  of the actual vehicle performance. 

I was very concerned about vehicle speed in RB when I started in RB. For a while I would spade a vehicle in AB before playing it in RB. After a while I would switch over after getting filters, engine and transmission modules. Eventually I realized it wasn't the big deal I thought it was.

RB is not going to get the boosted mobility of AB. You have to choose between that AB mobility or the lack of markers in RB. You can't get both.

i know AB has a boost yes, and thats the thing im typing about, i don't understand why there even would be a mode where i'ts boosted and 1 mode there isn't, if i go play counter strike i almost run faster than i drive in RB, and since there is alot of hills i don't think people should be suck in them all everytime they try to get a spotting site, But anyway if thats how you feel cool, i just see it diffent

2 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

Okay i just don't get it why you won't speed it up whats fun about it being so slow since there are plenty playing arcade with the speed boost, and to say mine is ridicilous is a bit angry to say, every man has it's ideas and everyone deserve it's respect whatever you like it or not

Ok to frankly explain, speeding up tanks kinda ruins the gameplay and point of ground RB. Most players who play RB want a tank gameplay that's close to realism as possible without crossing the line of being a simulator game so WT vehicles are modeled exactly that way to replicate vehicle specifications as closely as possible IRL. So putting up speed changes that don't match the specifications ruins the point of ground RB and in turn ruins the purpose of war thunder in general. Tanks come in different flavors some are fast and some are slow and that's the beauty of it. It's because of that we can appreciate each vehicle and it's features, their strengths and their weaknesses and changing any of those as I said ruins it.

medal

2 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

Okay i just don't get it why you won't speed it up whats fun about it being so slow since there are plenty playing arcade with the speed boost, and to say mine is ridicilous is a bit angry to say, every man has it's ideas and everyone deserve it's respect whatever you like it or not

dude, saying arcade has "realistic" speed is the stupidest thing someone said here

and here is an innocent question, dont take it personaly: have you ever learned about phisics? there are many things what influence a vehicle max speed or if it reach it or not, also tanks max speed are measured on ideal conditions, on road, thats the 45km/h on tiger I but there is a thing called off road speed for tanks, thats the speed what they reach on rough terrain

4 minutes ago, kenley9 said:

if i go play counter strike i almost run faster than i drive in RB

i dont think you could run faster with full military equipment than any tank, even with bike its hard to maintain speed of 23-24 km/h

and i think there is a reason why people dont wanna see tigers doing tokyo drifts in RB

medal medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

dude, saying arcade has "realistic" speed is the stupidest thing someone said here

and here is an innocent question, dont take it personaly: have you ever learned about phisics? there are many things what influence a vehicle max speed or if it reach it or not, also tanks max speed are measured on ideal conditions, on road, thats the 45km/h on tiger I but there is a thing called off road speed for tanks, thats the speed what they reach on rough terrain

i dont think you could run faster with full military equipment than any tank, even with bike its hard to maintain speed of 23-24 km/h

and i think there is a reason why people dont wanna see tigers doing tokyo drifts in RB

then think it's stupid, there is also plenty things you said i never commented on as stupid, I just don't mean to tell people thats course i know how to maintance a surden order, people will never fully understand each other but thats not the point here it was an idea to speed it up even on a normal road basic i never said anything about turning the speed up to 45 km/h up hill, and no i coulnd't run faster but i would say with that realistic speed a bicycle doesn't take to much to beat it, but you all seems to forgot why tanks are tanks and it's because they are specially good to get trough hard terrain but in realistic it's simply just not right in my opinion there are places you should even be able to claim on which is not possible in RB with a tank so thats my opinion i think they need a little speed boost, not much but a speed boost yes  

• Haha 1