20mm of 109 F2

Hi all :)

Data : I'm a player, say, not very good

I started to notice that the 20mm of my 109 F2 had no effect. I thought I would have to improve my aim, until during a match, 2 players were complaining about the same problem, and one of them said that the cause would be the servers ...

My ping is usually 230ms with no PL (I play on the European server because on the US server I have a lot of lost packages and this has been going on for a while and Gaijin doesn't solve it)

I'm from Brazil

Someone here also noticed something similar, I mean, the F2's 20mm cannon or any other plane, are they weak?

ps: I know that to hit the opponent I have to spend more bullets due to my ping.

many Thanks

109F2 do not have 20mm cannon but 15mm which is more like heavy MG (no\weak HE rounds).

Maybe this explains why? :D

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

109F2 do not have 20mm cannon but 15mm which is more like heavy MG (no\weak HE rounds).

I remember having good success with the ground target belts with the Cermet core rounds. You'd pilot snipe all day.

The funny thing about the 20mm is that it often 'sparks', with little more than a hit message.

So in a way the 109's with 20mm do suffer from this too. 

Thing is, it isn't as noticeable because later 109 variants have 20mm gunpods, and while a single hit from a 20mm might spark, 30 rounds will not.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blofeld_Returns said:

The funny thing about the 20mm is that it often 'sparks', with little more than a hit message.

Thing is, it isn't as noticeable because later 109 variants have 20mm gunpods, and while a single hit from a 20mm might spark, 30 rounds will not.

Sparking is only a 20mm issue? Or it's when it's more noticeable?

24 minutes ago, Blofeld_Returns said:

try the hispanos, they spark on all the hits

Edited by doflite
extra stuff
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, AngelPiret said:

Sparking is only a 20mm issue? Or it's when it's more noticeable?

Some of the 109 variants only have 1x 20mm, and especially with the default belts, even when there's HE rounds in it, you will often need quite a few shots to take down a plane.

The Mk 108's on a few German fighters really like to spark, as well. Even with almost full Minengeschoss belts.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Cayari said:

'sparks'

And could anyone explain why this occurs?

It's usually server desync issues making hits not register on the server. Other times its improperly modelled ammunition like the British SAPI 20mms.

• Upvote 1
medal

32 minutes ago, idiot400 said:

It's usually server desync issues making hits not register on the server.

thanks

So can it happen with any gun caliber?

Edited by Cayari

1 minute ago, Cayari said:

thanks

So it can happen with any weapon caliber ?

Yep. the 37s on my mig15 spark quite alot sometimes.

• Thanks 1
medal

5 hours ago, Cayari said:

thanks

So can it happen with any gun caliber?

Nearly all cannons can spark, the problem is higher on cannons from 20mm to 30mm and when you have high ping. Sometimes is the angle where you shoot, sometimes is a matter of lack of luck.

Have fun on sim Cayari and pague a série B.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 20:38, Blofeld_Returns said:

Some of the 109 variants only have 1x 20mm, and especially with the default belts, even when there's HE rounds in it, you will often need quite a few shots to take down a plane.

MG151's sparking?!

I've never ever had an issue with the MG151 other than the fact it's overpowered not underpowered. There's videos on this forum of people completely chopping tails off with literally one round, don't get me wrong the mine rounds were powerful but not that powerful... they're punching like 30mm's!

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

they're punching like 30mm's!

I know, right?

When I shoot a 30mm at a plane's tail it should do THAT.

Not the other way around.

yeah. 109 F2 has a 15mm mg151 not 20mm.

Damage is poor compared to 20mm mg 151.

109 F1 has mg ff 20mm that has worse shell than mg 151 20mm so it also might feel weak.

All cannons can "spark". sometimes its server issue, other times its ap or it rounds passing through enemy plane an doing only minor damage (nothing wrong there)

mg 151 is crazy OP.  once i had 109 G with single 20mm and 6 shells left. firing 2 round burst i managed to cut a wing off a p51 and second 2 round burst disassembled f4us tail section. still had 2 shells left after 2 kills.

Most of the time enemy tail or wing falls off immediately when first couple shells hit.

one mg 151 20mm is enough to kill any fighter plane with 2-8 hits.  3 or 4 makes everything go boom.

Hispanos for example are terrible damage wise compared to mg 151 20mm.

Edited by Mollotin
  • Upvote 1
medal

On 26/02/2021 at 10:19, Mollotin said:

109 F1 has mg ff 20mm that has worse shell than mg 151 20mm so it also might feel weak.

109F1 have MG FF\M which use mine shells just like 151. The big difference is that 151 have higher RoF

medal medal medal medal medal

45 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

109F1 have MG FF\M which use mine shells just like 151. The big difference is that 151 have higher RoF

yeah, i was wrong. that is correct. 

the belt composition is different. with less mine shells than 151 belts. 

i meant it is less powerfull weapon than 151.

medal