12 minutes ago, Allen_Krieger442 said:

im still setting things for the sim, because i dont have stick or maybe not suited for me because im moving around here and there, im using keyboard. I was training in test flight, my plane decided to flat spin when im pitching up, im in mkVb. why is that happening? 

Spitfires are easily the most difficult planes to fly right now. Theyre very sensitive. Dont pull too hard, trim -8 degrees, and use your rudder to keep her, well, flying xD. 

You gotta ease her into the turn, dont yank the stick like someone who freaks out because theyre getting shot at. Ease her into it and let her do the rest. 

medal medal

11 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Spitfires are easily the most difficult planes to fly right now. Theyre very sensitive. Dont pull too hard, trim -8 degrees, and use your rudder to keep her, well, flying xD. 

You gotta ease her into the turn, dont yank the stick like someone who freaks out because theyre getting shot at. Ease her into it and let her do the rest. 

also - NEVER use anything other than 100% sensitivity and full linear input with spitfire

Many people make mistake of lowering sensitivity to help them be more gentle with spit. It helps in things like take off but in combat it makes things way worse. stick to linear 100% sensitivity.
I've seen lot of people (including at least one youtuber) finally switching to that approach for spit, or for all planes as I would recommend - it just works. It will feel chaotic but it works.

But if you are new to SB try different planes - in UK tree Hurricane is nice and easy. Overall P-38 is recommended as it have no torque

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

What are you using to fly with? If you're using a controller I can upload a pic of my Spitfire setup if you'd like. 

38 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

What are you using to fly with? If you're using a controller I can upload a pic of my Spitfire setup if you'd like. 

14 hours ago, Allen_Krieger442 said:

i... im using keyboard. ...

to be fair - not sure you can fly spits well w/o JS - they are one of the most demanding plane to fly

11 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

to be fair - not sure you can fly spits well w/o JS - they are one of the most demanding plane to fly

Did....did you just input shame me? 

To be fair it's not an easy plane to fly but you learn its characteristics reasonably quickly as long as you're rudder savvy. I know saying this risks a Polish hand slapping me upside the face but lowering sensitivity just a little bit on controller does make a world of difference with the Spits, only a smidge though as otherwise it's a floaty mess.

3 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Did....did you just input shame me? 

I meant keyboard but you are right - PC guys can use controller too - I keep forgetting that :)

13 hours ago, [email protected] said:

What are you using to fly with?

OP said:

On 17/02/2021 at 20:01, Allen_Krieger442 said:

im using keyboard.

On 17/02/2021 at 16:01, Allen_Krieger442 said:

im still setting things for the sim, because i dont have stick or maybe not suited for me because im moving around here and there, im using keyboard. I was training in test flight, my plane decided to flat spin when im pitching up, im in mkVb. why is that happening? 

Try to reduce the deadzone in the keyboard and mouse, it helped me a lot. Smaller the best and let you make more fine movements. I say that by self experience, when I started to learn sim, I always got a flatspin on my I-16 Ishak and since I reduced the deadzone, the plane is much more stable to fly.

Other players can give you other tips to help, sim is learning by failing, if you get where you failed, you can learn and correct to improve your performace. Keep playing and soon you be always on top of the scoreboard.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Juva96 said:

Try to reduce the deadzone in the keyboard and mouse, it helped me a lot. Smaller the best and let you make more fine movements. I say that by self experience, when I started to learn sim, I always got a flatspin on my I-16 Ishak and since I reduced the deadzone, the plane is much more stable to fly.

Other players can give you other tips to help, sim is learning by failing, if you get where you failed, you can learn and correct to improve your performace. Keep playing and soon you be always on top of the scoreboard.

can you share screenshot of the settings? if so, i might try from yours and tweaking it

medal