Jump to content

A-4E Early rocking like its on a swivel


Hey Guys,

 

any veteran in SB can explain why my A-4E Early rocks like this ? Its the only plane i own that does that and its crazy to land or fight someone.

I am using keyboard and mouse which works fine for the other planes i have.

made a short video to show you guys what i am experiencing.

thank you

 

Edited by shadiliky
  • Like 1
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a known bug that sometimes with gear down you get the wobble (some sort of desync with server or whatever) maybe if you ripped your gear before you retracted it, game remembers them being deployed and also glitches?

Does this happen always or randomly?

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shadiliky said:

Hey Guys,

 

any veteran in SB can explain why my A-4E Early rocks like this ? Its the only plane i own that does that and its crazy to land or fight someone.

I am using keyboard and mouse which works fine for the other planes i have.

made a short video to show you guys what i am experiencing.

thank you

 

Have exactly the same problem with saitek joystick.  Unplayable 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, przybysz86 said:

there is a known bug that sometimes with gear down you get the wobble (some sort of desync with server or whatever) maybe if you ripped your gear before you retracted it, game remembers them being deployed and also glitches?

Does this happen always or randomly?

Its always happening, damaged or not ... gear up or not it just does that all the time and i have to fight it back with A D keys which messes with my aim and ability to follow a target.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shadiliky said:

Its always happening, damaged or not ... gear up or not it just does that all the time and i have to fight it back with A D keys which messes with my aim and ability to follow a target.

ahh - then it's not the bug I was thinking about as it is more random

medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shadiliky said:

same plane or different one?

Only that plane

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reduce the Sensitivity and multiplier on the roll axis. It has those short wings, set way back and great rate of roll. Just ease off on the settings. 

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Twisted said:

Just reduce the Sensitivity and multiplier on the roll axis. It has those short wings, set way back and great rate of roll. Just ease off on the settings. 

Mine is already quite low

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just adjust it, till its comfortable. I often have individual setting for individual air craft, one cannot expect to have the same settings for a A6m, A ho229 , A F4E, A F-104.

You will find, it is better to tweak out your favorite aircraft,  well at least I do :lol2:

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I can see almost the exact issue you're dealing with, it has to do with using simplified joystick mode. Simplified joystick mode will attempt to maintain a certain angle of bank depending on how much your mouse joystick input is to the left or right.

 

This is mostly fine for flying most aircrafts, but for certain planes with VERY good roll-rates (i.e. Sabres and A-4E), it can enter a cycle of left-and-right 'wobbleness' due to it constantly overcompensate on both sides.

 

2 solutions:

Solution #1: Reduce sensitivity on the mouse joystick, and don't use New Boosters modification.

 

Solution #2 and what I personally recommend: Just don't use simplified joystick mode. Switch Mouse Joystick mode to Standard (Controls> Mouse Joystick section> Mouse Joystick mode: Standard), and if you don't like the mouse joystick being 'inverted', then turn flip the toggle for Invert Y-axis (Controls> Movement section> Invert Y-axis (aircraft))

There's a billion reasons why Standard mode is 100x better than Simplified mode, and this 'wobbleness' is one of it.

Edited by Keemseemsmeen
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keemseemsmeen said:

I think I can see almost the exact issue you're dealing with, it has to do with using simplified joystick mode. Simplified joystick mode will attempt to maintain a certain angle of bank depending on how much your mouse joystick input is to the left or right.

 

This is mostly fine for flying most aircrafts, but for certain planes with VERY good roll-rates (i.e. Sabres and A-4E), it can enter a cycle of left-and-right 'wobbleness' due to it constantly overcompensate on both sides.

 

2 solutions:

Solution #1: Reduce sensitivity on the mouse joystick, and don't use New Boosters modification.

 

Solution #2 and what I personally recommend: Just don't use simplified joystick mode. Switch Mouse Joystick mode to Standard (Controls> Mouse Joystick section> Mouse Joystick mode: Standard), and if you don't like the mouse joystick being 'inverted', then turn flip the toggle for Invert Y-axis (Controls> Movement section> Invert Y-axis (aircraft))

There's a billion reasons why Standard mode is 100x better than Simplified mode, and this 'wobbleness' is one of it.

 

Alright sir, ill give it a try.

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AngelPiret said:

Try to bring down the sensitivity to see if that helps?

try bringing sensitivity up - lowering sensitivity add lag to control inputs. if you want less delay/lag you go up not down on sensitivity.

People make this mistake (lowering sensitivity) a lot

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shadiliky said:

 

Alright sir, ill give it a try.

well i did tried and behaves pretty much the same, it still  rocks side to side but i guess a bit less. I also tried my G.91 R/3 on SB a plane that has similar roll rate and does not do that thing at all gotta be something with the plane at this point.

Edited by shadiliky
medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadiliky said:

well i did tried and behaves pretty much the same, it still  rocks side to side but i guess a bit less. I also tried my G.91 R/3 on SB a plane that has similar roll rate and does not do that thing at all gotta be something with the plane at this point.

If I'm not wrong, the A4E Early, Yak-38 and Yak-38M was introduced to the game in the same update. Maybe it's really a bug or they made a error on flyght model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Juva96 said:

If I'm not wrong, the A4E Early, Yak-38 and Yak-38M was introduced to the game in the same update. Maybe it's really a bug or they made a error on flyght model.

Different patches. I'm pretty sure at least 6 months apart

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I just spaded a4e. Seemed perfectly fine with hotas. They actually fixed fm a little since last time I played A4 series, it used to rip when rolling. 

 

 

Edited by Daffan
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...