Today, I’m going to go over a base line for warthunder in its few recent updates. 

starting off with top tier, we see the introduction of some new vehicles for different nations, which is very nice to say the least. Clearly Germany had the top of the castle for awhile, but now it’s still mixed with Germany and America. The problem I see and bring up is I’ve noticed especially in the T-80U and B the survivability is nothing to be quite honest, you can’t take a shell frontally as the Kontact armor is not working as intended, and shells blast right through the armor regardless of position. The auto loader doesn’t seem to work when extinguishing a fire (maybe I’m wrong here but as far as I know it’s supposed to constantly be loading even in critical moments). Now I understand the game is supposed to be balanced, the fact, that Russia doesn’t have high penetration like the other nations, and the tanks do not go the speed they are supposed to along with the armor not doing its job... well... it makes the game difficult to say the least.

I know this next statement will annoy some people, but the KA-50 the Russian gunship of pure death (when your rocket actually blows up the ammo in a tank) I firmly believe that this premium helicopter should be equipped with at the very least night vision in the weapon sights, but hopefully be equipped with thermal sights, as the American premium AH-64A Penten comes with thermals that rotate! The G-LYNX, AH-1S Kisarazu, A-129 International, and the EC-665 tiger HAP all get thermals as well. The KA-50 does have a fixed sight, that can move yes. However I believe it to be fair that the KA-50 received its version of thermals, as all the other helicopters are in their later form. I personally would like to see this change, as I can never see anything beyond 3KM out of an battle zone, thus meaning the American ADATS (which already always kills me) will be able to handle me with ease. Last but not least, as a good trade off for having thermals, the whole losing the tail and having to jump out can stay in the game, as a fair way to semi balance the helicopter.

Please fix targeting for Helicopters and AA when you lock on. Especially for Xbox, when playing enduring confrontation my sight stabilization seems to randomly do its own things, from randomly flying off screen to not syncing with the target causing me to lose the target. I do play on Xbox so this may be why, but I play on an Xbox one X with rather good internet so it shouldn’t be on my end. 

last but not least for issues I find to be a problem is BR compression the max BR should be 11.7 or 12 to alleviate some games instead of playing America and all you see it tigers and panthers, like where are the panzers and stugs?

personally I must ask, since there is a lack of the Gaijin store on console, and I have played for a long time on both Xbox and PC, in addition to spending a lot of time, effort, and cash upon the game, and bringing many friends to support your game... may I please request an IS-7 tank? As I cannot obtain it on Xbox, and that’s one of my top most wanted tanks.

sincerely, a fan

medal medal

Helicopter CAS has had enough tending to by the devs.  Their focus needs to shift to something else.  For example, how about toning down what helicopter CAS can do?  Sure, it has its problems, but those can be fixed later.  What about the greater problem at hand that CAS in top tier outright ruins it?  I'm speaking on this as a person with great emphasis on the combined part of combined forces.  I myself enjoy CAS, but from what I've seen and heard about its fit in top tier, it absolutely does not deserve any more benefits right now.

2 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Today, I’m going to go over a base line for warthunder in its few recent updates. 

starting off with top tier, we see the introduction of some new vehicles for different nations, which is very nice to say the least. Clearly Germany had the top of the castle for awhile, but now it’s still mixed with Germany and America. The problem I see and bring up is I’ve noticed especially in the T-80U and B the survivability is nothing to be quite honest, you can’t take a shell frontally as the Kontact armor is not working as intended, and shells blast right through the armor regardless of position. The auto loader doesn’t seem to work when extinguishing a fire (maybe I’m wrong here but as far as I know it’s supposed to constantly be loading even in critical moments). Now I understand the game is supposed to be balanced, the fact, that Russia doesn’t have high penetration like the other nations, and the tanks do not go the speed they are supposed to along with the armor not doing its job... well... it makes the game difficult to say the least.

I know this next statement will annoy some people, but the KA-50 the Russian gunship of pure death (when your rocket actually blows up the ammo in a tank) I firmly believe that this premium helicopter should be equipped with at the very least night vision in the weapon sights, but hopefully be equipped with thermal sights, as the American premium AH-64A Penten comes with thermals that rotate! The G-LYNX, AH-1S Kisarazu, A-129 International, and the EC-665 tiger HAP all get thermals as well. The KA-50 does have a fixed sight, that can move yes. However I believe it to be fair that the KA-50 received its version of thermals, as all the other helicopters are in their later form. I personally would like to see this change, as I can never see anything beyond 3KM out of an battle zone, thus meaning the American ADATS (which already always kills me) will be able to handle me with ease. Last but not least, as a good trade off for having thermals, the whole losing the tail and having to jump out can stay in the game, as a fair way to semi balance the helicopter.

Please fix targeting for Helicopters and AA when you lock on. Especially for Xbox, when playing enduring confrontation my sight stabilization seems to randomly do its own things, from randomly flying off screen to not syncing with the target causing me to lose the target. I do play on Xbox so this may be why, but I play on an Xbox one X with rather good internet so it shouldn’t be on my end. 

last but not least for issues I find to be a problem is BR compression the max BR should be 11.7 or 12 to alleviate some games instead of playing America and all you see it tigers and panthers, like where are the panzers and stugs?

personally I must ask, since there is a lack of the Gaijin store on console, and I have played for a long time on both Xbox and PC, in addition to spending a lot of time, effort, and cash upon the game, and bringing many friends to support your game... may I please request an IS-7 tank? As I cannot obtain it on Xbox, and that’s one of my top most wanted tanks.

sincerely, a fan

The Ka-50 has night vision but not thermals yet the AH-64A Peten has thermals so it doesn’t really make sense on that part lol but the KA-50 has the range advantage and it has more flares but the AH-64A Peten has more maneuverability and more guided missiles but they don’t have the range(range is not even listed for the hellfire missiles lol). Also hoping to get event tanks that were pc only basically is hopeless unless gaijin puts it as a pack for us or they add a new event with it or it gets put in the battle pass. Also the reason The T-80U and T-80B are useless is because the Leopard 2A6 and M1A2 Abrams and a few other vehicles can literally ignore your armor with very good sabot.

1 hour ago, False_Swiss said:

Helicopter CAS has had enough tending to by the devs.  Their focus needs to shift to something else.  For example, how about toning down what helicopter CAS can do?  Sure, it has its problems, but those can be fixed later.  What about the greater problem at hand that CAS in top tier outright ruins it?  I'm speaking on this as a person with great emphasis on the combined part of combined forces.  I myself enjoy CAS, but from what I've seen and heard about its fit in top tier, it absolutely does not deserve any more benefits right now.

If the ka-50 did have thermal irl then it needs to have it in game. Also the AH-64A can literally club the KA-50 if it gets close because nothing survives the auto cannon or the missile spam.

medal medal medal medal

• 4 weeks later...

Don’t get me wrong I somewhat agree. However helicopters should be more prevalent in combined battles than planes, coming from an veteran I know for a fact more often then not a helicopter will be your CAS.

but for supersayin, there are variants of the KA-50 with thermals the version in game is technically the KA-50N (night vision) but we should have gotten the KA-50SH. Not to mention the more I play the more I realize America and Germany have been highly catered to for these past 3-5 updates. In gaijin’s own words the BMP-3 should have commanders thermals, yet doesn’t... nor does the BMP-2M can be seen with a commanders thermal, yet it can’t be used at all. 

ERA Kontact 5 is supposed to be able to stop up to 330-340 mms of kinetic munitions but only does 120 mms (assuming for balancing) but it’d be balanced with its accurate ERA since it can’t aim down, or kill a leo 2a6 frontally. (Unless you use HE. Good luck with missles)

Also I don’t know what hulk has ever been in an Abrams or Leopard but I’ve never heard of someone reloading either tank in less than 7 seconds, order of operations inside an Abrams would be way different than what the game or devs think.

I honestly try to enjoy this game as much as possible, but man do I feel like quitting and somehow getting my money back, or my time. I’ve been playing for 4-5 years on and off... but it’s just bad gameplay all around now.

and for the love of god, fix the servers!!! I’m so sick of dying due to momentary lag mid shot. 38C0F4B1-1B2B-4B21-B1CA-9738E4A1FFCE.thu

D9E6F410-D5D1-4F63-8C14-5F9A732E6704.png

Edited by [email protected]
Correcting facts, and fixing errors in spelling.
medal medal