How to discourage spawn camping and relieve the pain against bombing and long distance helicopter atgms

How to discourage spawn camping and relieve the pain against bombing and long distance helicopter atgms  

33 members have voted

1. 1. I have some ideas I want to know how the community would feel about. Which of these you guys think is better?

• • Add a mechanic that when someone from the opposing team touches your team's red zone they get an X number of seconds that they can't spawn CAS (excluding aircraft without ground ordinance maybe?)
    • • Add a mechanic that when someone from the opposing team touches your team's red zone they get an X number of seconds that they can't spawn CAS (no exceptions)
    • • If someone from your team gets killed after an X number of seconds after the spawn immunity thing runs out, an X number of seconds is added to the spawn immunity for every teammate killed (So It Stacks)
    • • If someone from your team gets killed after an X number of seconds after the spawn immunity thing runs out, an X number of seconds is added to the spawn immunity (Does Not Stack)
    • • I think there are other ways to do this
    • • Nahhh, the game is fine as it is
    • • These ideas are terrible
  2. 2. Ideas in the comments.

• • After being spawn killed, in the second spawn the player should be able to spawn wherever you want on your side of the map (within a small zone of course). If the player picks a location that’s not reachable or an obstacle, put the vehicle to the next possible location. To avoid instant j-out and spawn the second vehicle on a better position, implement a timer for the second spawn like 30 seconds. (@tranquillium)
    • • A sort of bubble around the spawn where, as long as you stay in it, you're immune to damage, but the moment you leave, you lost that immunity even if you try to go back in (@Lahgtah)
    • • Make red zone larger at start of game. For every point the team holds red zone shrinks. Any enemy player passing into red zone would be auto moved back to their own spawn. This would mean at the start of the game anyone trying to spawn camp should not get near the opposing spawn, but if they win and hold all points then they can easily get close to enemy spawn to finish the other team off. (@TheDungBeetle69)
    • • Ai controlled Anti-Tank guns on spawn (@Juva96)
    • • When you spawn in, you are invincible while inside the red zone but you can't fire. If you leave the red zone you loose invincibility (but you can now shoot). If you return to the red zone you get proctected again but you cannot fire (@Bellator138)
    • • When you spawn in, you are invincible while inside the red zone but you can't fire. If you leave the red zone you loose invincibility (but you can now shoot). If you return to the red zone you will not get protected but you can fire (@Bellator138)

19 hours ago, FastGT007 said:

Gaijin has tried several times to create a spawn protection. Some players then thought to use it as a troll. If the players would stop driving to the spawn at all, the problem would not exist and if the opponents come to the spawn at all, then the team has done something wrong. Either they didn't protect the flanks or they pushed directly and died without doing anything.

Oh yeah it totally doesn't have anything to do with the maps where you literally spawn in view of enemy spawn tho

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Bellator138 said:

Yes sir. I stand corrected. When I read it I thought you were just trying to beat me over the head because of something I didn't think of. Just forget I said anything and thanks man.

Sorry for the ... miswrite. It's not my first language.

medal

1 hour ago, Daffan said:

Oh yeah it totally doesn't have anything to do with the maps where you literally spawn in view of enemy spawn tho

this is not spawn camping, so to speak, you shoot into the spawn, but you are not at the spawn. 
To solve the problem, the maps would have to be edited

I understand spawn camping:
Shooting enemies directly at the spawn.

For your information: It has been said several times that spawn camping is not against the rules of the game, so it is actually allowed.

Edited by FastGT007
medal

20 hours ago, Evinsher_IT said:

Sorry for the ... miswrite. It's not my first language.

Nothing for you to be sorry about. I am the one that misunderstood.

On 23/02/2021 at 04:40, Golden_____Squad said:

Spawn Camping happens on the most Maps if one team was really bad, so they might deserve it :D

Long Range ATGM from Helos are NOT an Issue IMHO because if just one Player spawn a good AA they can easily shoot them down.

I don't know if you have noted, but heli air to ground weapons, even tho carry less TNT kill armored SPAA with a close miss. The Ka missile, even tho HEAT, can kill a SPAA through a building? Yet, a ADATS missile, larger TNT, near miss on an unamored heli, results in a hit or crit and it keeps flying? The damage models for air are badly modeled toward indestructible. Heli, even the passive lock from an ADAT is detected by the Ka? I have on a number of occasions tested a lock and watch the Ka go defensive? No missile, just the lock with passive system? Also when destroyed, a heli can keep firing weapons and killing tanks? Why, when a SPAA gets hit, just on fire or damaged or even destroyed can't keep firing it's guns/missiles? The game is mastered as an air battle, tanks/SPAA are ground targets nothing more. Have you ever watched as both team air kill ground and ignore each other? Reason is they don't want to have air battles, they want to kill ground targets. Spawn camping is acceptable as in real life, you think they tell everyone, ignore their base, not fair!!! Have you noted that air spawn base has defenses against attack? Ground force are targets, why provide spawn air defense?

• Upvote 2

On 22/02/2021 at 20:51, Daffan said:

I hate those...it is just such poor map design. :facepalm:

medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, barial said:

I don't know if you have noted, but heli air to ground weapons, even tho carry less TNT kill armored SPAA with a close miss. The Ka missile, even tho HEAT, can kill a SPAA through a building? Yet, a ADATS missile, larger TNT, near miss on an unamored heli, results in a hit or crit and it keeps flying? The damage models for air are badly modeled toward indestructible. Heli, even the passive lock from an ADAT is detected by the Ka? I have on a number of occasions tested a lock and watch the Ka go defensive? No missile, just the lock with passive system? Also when destroyed, a heli can keep firing weapons and killing tanks? Why, when a SPAA gets hit, just on fire or damaged or even destroyed can't keep firing it's guns/missiles? The game is mastered as an air battle, tanks/SPAA are ground targets nothing more. Have you ever watched as both team air kill ground and ignore each other? Reason is they don't want to have air battles, they want to kill ground targets. Spawn camping is acceptable as in real life, you think they tell everyone, ignore their base, not fair!!! Have you noted that air spawn base has defenses against attack? Ground force are targets, why provide spawn air defense?

My fav is killing a rushing heli at start of game with a bmp2/2m and he still kills you with rocket spam even after he's 'dead'. Yep that's fun. 

Thnx hullbreak, worst mechanic in this game. 

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

16 hours ago, barial said:

The game is mastered as an air battle, tanks/SPAA are ground targets nothing more.

Oh c’mon, you’re still going on with that tank victimhood tripe? :facepalm:

In RB GFs, ground units have far more influence than any air units—with GFs’ ability to practically interact with the objectives being their greatest advantage over other units. RB GFs is the combined mode but one in which ground forces have far more sway than aircraft.

These bogus claims of GFs being mere “targets” are just defeatist nonsense made up by people who are biased against aircraft and resentful of fair competition. The people who have spread the tank victimhood myth should be ashamed of all the misleading they have done.

Have you ever watched as both team air kill ground and ignore each other? Reason is they don't want to have air battles, they want to kill ground targets.

I have played thousands of battles and that just isn’t how things play out. Aircraft invariably engage one another for fear of one another.

The suggestion that things commonly differ from that is either dishonest or just signals you have not been watching things as closely as you claim to have.

Have you noted that air spawn base has defenses against attack?

AI AAA is terrible and should be gotten rid of.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Always love it when a comment is made by a player who has no experience above BR 3 on how air power works at top tier? May claim experience at 7.7 but 2 battles hardly explain the "expert opinion" hahahahaha.

Everyone knows the BS Heli destroyed yet keeps killing tanks, well except those that have never played upper tiers ;)

Thousands of battles at tier 3 hardy suggests knowledge of upper tiers where the issue exists. Don't comment on something you have never experienced. It's just so lame.............

33 minutes ago, barial said:

Always love it when a comment is made by a player who has no experience above BR 3 on how air power works at top tier? May claim experience at 7.7 but 2 battles hardly explain the "expert opinion" hahahahaha.

lmao, "no experience above BR 3"

Hmm, let's take a look:

Spoiler

HicLQua.png

I better remind Gaijin that all of these are 3.0 vehicles, eh? :016:

I have played far beyond BR 3.0 and everyone knows it and may confirm it. As fake claims go, yours was a letdown. (You know records are public right?)

33 minutes ago, barial said:

Don't comment on something you have never experienced.

Yeah, you say this...but you're the first person to insist "aircraft OP!" despite results wholly inconsistent with that claim.

Again, it seems like you've been caught making claims you cannot back up. I understand that you're upset by the truths I've laid out above but you cannot just deny facts because you don't like them.

Edited by warrior412
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 hours ago, barial said:

Everyone knows the BS Heli destroyed yet keeps killing tanks, well except those that have never played upper tiers ;)

The best option to understand the topic is to play top tier SB, or play against russian helis in RB where from the start they just use their rockets to one shot a tank 

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal