How to discourage spawn camping and relieve the pain against bombing and long distance helicopter atgms

How to discourage spawn camping and relieve the pain against bombing and long distance helicopter atgms  

33 members have voted

1. 1. I have some ideas I want to know how the community would feel about. Which of these you guys think is better?

• • Add a mechanic that when someone from the opposing team touches your team's red zone they get an X number of seconds that they can't spawn CAS (excluding aircraft without ground ordinance maybe?)
    • • Add a mechanic that when someone from the opposing team touches your team's red zone they get an X number of seconds that they can't spawn CAS (no exceptions)
    • • If someone from your team gets killed after an X number of seconds after the spawn immunity thing runs out, an X number of seconds is added to the spawn immunity for every teammate killed (So It Stacks)
    • • If someone from your team gets killed after an X number of seconds after the spawn immunity thing runs out, an X number of seconds is added to the spawn immunity (Does Not Stack)
    • • I think there are other ways to do this
    • • Nahhh, the game is fine as it is
    • • These ideas are terrible
  2. 2. Ideas in the comments.

• • After being spawn killed, in the second spawn the player should be able to spawn wherever you want on your side of the map (within a small zone of course). If the player picks a location that’s not reachable or an obstacle, put the vehicle to the next possible location. To avoid instant j-out and spawn the second vehicle on a better position, implement a timer for the second spawn like 30 seconds. (@tranquillium)
    • • A sort of bubble around the spawn where, as long as you stay in it, you're immune to damage, but the moment you leave, you lost that immunity even if you try to go back in (@Lahgtah)
    • • Make red zone larger at start of game. For every point the team holds red zone shrinks. Any enemy player passing into red zone would be auto moved back to their own spawn. This would mean at the start of the game anyone trying to spawn camp should not get near the opposing spawn, but if they win and hold all points then they can easily get close to enemy spawn to finish the other team off. (@TheDungBeetle69)
    • • Ai controlled Anti-Tank guns on spawn (@Juva96)
    • • When you spawn in, you are invincible while inside the red zone but you can't fire. If you leave the red zone you loose invincibility (but you can now shoot). If you return to the red zone you get proctected again but you cannot fire (@Bellator138)
    • • When you spawn in, you are invincible while inside the red zone but you can't fire. If you leave the red zone you loose invincibility (but you can now shoot). If you return to the red zone you will not get protected but you can fire (@Bellator138)

On 11/02/2021 at 14:57, Kasukaru said:

Don't play above 8.0 BR.

I don't. Early game spawn rushing is getting bad at low tier too. I think this is a player community issue, not really a Gaijin issue. We need to feel the same way about our own team doing it as we do about other toxic behaviours. 

• Upvote 1

I love the spawn camping meta. It makes big bomb multi-kills so easy. I killed 7 spawn campers with a single 1,000kg bomb in a Fw-190 F-8 this morning. I had to look at the log to be sure. Aside from R3 murder rampages, God-Modding in the 15cm sIG, and Strv m/39 long range ROMPLE stomps, how else am I supposed to generate so much hate and saltiness in War Thunder? Thanking them for the SL is so immensely satisfying; and I also make sure that I do.

Edited by Gurumagoo
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

These "ideas" (if you want to call them that) are terrible. The "ideas" from the comments are even worse. You don't fix a problem in-game by creating another one.

Edited by Gurumagoo
  • Confused 2
medal medal medal medal

On 11/02/2021 at 23:43, Bellator138 said:

When you spawn in, you are invincible until you leave the red zone. As soon as you leave red zone you aren't invincible. But while you are invincible you can't fire because other wise this would become the toxic place for anti air to sit. If you leave the red zone you loose invincibility but you can now shoot. If you go back into the red zone you are invincible again but you lose the ability to shoot.

So you can peek out, shoot, return inside and become invincible? Preatty exploitable, too much surely

medal

8 hours ago, Evinsher_IT said:

So you can peek out, shoot, return inside and become invincible? Preatty exploitable, too much surely

That is why there is second alternative:

On 11/02/2021 at 16:43, Bellator138 said:

Or when you spawn in and leave red zone you lose invincibility and you can fire. But if you go back into red zone you can still fire but you don't have invincibility anymore.

25 minutes ago, Bellator138 said:

That is why there is second alternative:

Would it change something? You still have to go out and you wouldn't be able to see all spawncampers (if more then one), or one far away. And if you would see one, you could not shoot him as you would have to go out of the bubble. Spawncampers will measure the bubble instead of MGing in the spawn.

medal

It was a suggestion that I put in. I don't make games. I play them. I didn't say "You have to do this!" This channel is for suggestions.The Developers will decide. But that doesn't mean I wont post a suggestion here.

Why not if you capture a spawn it becomes a third spawn point for the team that captured it then? And stacks for every point captured.

I mean there are endless ideas. this game has so many people. If every one posted here you would be on here all day criticizing their ideas.

@Evinsher_IT

Edited by Bellator138

1.) Idea: Magic smoke

Mechanic: Sets up a smokescreen around spawn that conceals everything within a small area. But this smoke is only visible at longer distances thus eliminating spawn sniping but enemies who are close enough will not be affected by the smoke.

This effectively eliminates spawn sniping. To prevent players from taking advantage of the smoke it should only be visible to enemies who are at much longer distances and the distance should scale depending on map size. So there is still an impending danger of getting invaded but enemies that get too close to spawn are already at an disadvantage due to an already existing mechanic that makes them visible on the map.

2.) Extended Invulnerability with a twist

Mechanic: As the name implies just give more invulnerability time and add an auto scout that whenever a enemy hits you while you're invulnerable they will be shown in the map by everyone regardless of distance. The invulnerability time should have some randomness that ranges for example 15-20 sec to make it hard for enemies from memorizing the duration. Of course the invulnerability should disappear as soon as the player gets out far enough from spawn. This should allow enough time for players to get to cover while deterring campers.

Edited by Corona_Chan69
spelling
medal

18 hours ago, Evinsher_IT said:

i just put up other's suggestion to see where do people lean on this, this is not necessarily what the devs should do. If a bad idea is popular then they can just use it as a reference and give people something similar but different, that's their job.

medal medal medal medal

22 hours ago, Bellator138 said:

If every one posted here you would be on here all day criticizing their ideas.

That's what's discussing it's about. It's about analyzing pro and co of a thing, and generally for not making things worse it should start by talking about the bad things

Edited by Evinsher_IT
medal

On 17/02/2021 at 13:54, Evinsher_IT said:

That's what's discussing it's about. It's about analyzing pro and co of a thing, and generally for not making things worse it should start by talking about the bad things

So it should be negativity first and being obnoxious to devs. Right..... Got you....I think.......

It can be fixed by better map design, and not making maps where the enemy can shoot into your spawn from 2km.

Spoiler

MapLayout_Domination_AshRiver_ABRBSB.jpg

Ash river is an example of a map I consider has some good spawns like the North-East spawn and the South-West spawn are pretty hard to spawn camp, they're completely surrounded by rocks which give good cover and you can reach good positions on top or the rocks or between the rocks which you can use to snipe anyone that's trying to camp your spawn. So it keeps you safe while giving you an opportunity to fire back. 

But then it also has bad spawns like the South-East spawn which has no cover, is lying on the low ground and the enemy can get on higher locations (such as the the grids I7 and I8) to look directly into your spawn.

Spoiler

Carpathians: 

MapLayout_Domination_Carpathians_ABRB.jp

Poland:

MapLayout_Domination_Poland.jpg

Some of the worst spawn locations have to be in Carpathians and Poland.

In Carpathians, which team captures the C point determines who's going to be getting spawn camped because the entire hill around the C point looks directly into the spawn points for both team while also giving the spawn camper a lot of cover to hide or go hull down in. What's even worse is you can drive behind the spawn into the grids H2 and I2 to literally sit behind the spawn and kill anyone that drives out of it.

Poland has only bad spawns, 

> The North-East spawn can be sniped by anyone hiding in the D3 and C4 region, especially things like the hull down ATGM launchers like the M901.

> The North-West spawn also gets camped by people who drive all the way up to D3 and C4, some enemies drive all the way to E3 and get behind the spawn.
> The South-East spawn gets instantly camped if they don't capture the C point, apart from that campers drive all around the forests in I6, I7 and I8 grids and shoot directly into the spawn.

> The South-West spawn gets similarly camped if they don't capture the C point, and again the forests around I4 and I5 are good hiding locations for any spawn camper who wants to shoot into the spawn.

Poland is a good example of bad map design and bad spawn design, not only do you spawn in the open with bare minimum cover, you spawn in front of a firing squad of enemies ranging from 500m to 2km all of whom are either hidden or in cover.

medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Bellator138 said:

So it should be negativity first and being obnoxious to devs. Right..... Got you....I think.......

Oh no i commented negativity an opinion that i find not good as solution oh no.

Tell me next time what i have to do when i find a bad solution? Simply skip it and don't discuss it? Right..... Got you....I think.......

5 hours ago, Agent0029 said:

Ash river is an example of a map I consider has some good spawns like the North-East spawn and the South-West spawn 

In the end and proctected spawn by some Rock it's the best choice.

Rock or building, neither attacker or defender can see through and it protects by shelling.

medal

5 hours ago, Evinsher_IT said:

Tell me next time what i have to do when i find a bad solution? Simply skip it and don't discuss it? Right..... Got you....I think.......

10 hours ago, Agent0029 said:

Yes sir that would be logical. Or try to type something that is a nicer way of putting it instead of sounding kinda like "I know it all".

On 16/02/2021 at 06:11, Evinsher_IT said:

You could have said."People will probably exploit this by firing and then going back into it while they reload. This would cause a lot of people complaining about people abusing the protection." There are ways to say things without sounding obnoxious.

52 minutes ago, Bellator138 said:

"I know it all".

Your problem not mine, it was not nice not bad.

52 minutes ago, Bellator138 said:

You could have said."People will probably exploit this by firing and then going back into it while they reload. This would cause a lot of people complaining about people abusing the protection." There are ways to say things without sounding obnoxious.

Now you are doing the "I know it all".  Next time i'll send you my message to translate in a nicer version. Ok? Cuase i will be honest, i don't find it a bad way to say it

medal

They had the immunity bubble before, they even used to make it so you'd die in seconds if you walk into the bubble, but they xxxx removed it for some reason and here we are with this absurd spawncamping.

On 10/02/2021 at 07:21, pancake_addict said:

That's a terrible idea. People will just sit in bubble forever if they lose. It is bad for several reasons: 1) SPAA sitting there immune to cas, ruining game for plane players; it also has no incentive to leave bubble and protect team in field, making it worse for team; 2) Game will drag on, resulting in very frustrating and boring experience for winning team (you can't blame opponent for winning)

If I would suggest some idea it would be to make vehicles invisible to opponents during spawn protection. Right now spawn protection can easily be played around by either machinegunning protected vehicle until it is vulnerable, or waiting until it moves 10m after spawn, easily predicting it's movement and lining up a shot. If you can't see target, spawncamping will require more skill, defending team will get some advantage, and on open field maps like European Province you might even make it to tree cover after spawning before being shot from 2km away.

Yeah no I'd rather just sit in the bubble all match if the enemy team is spawncamping me. I'd happily leave a match if I get spawncamped if I can leave without paying any repair bill, but Gaijin loves to force people into a corner so too bad.

Edited by Clangokkuner

27 minutes ago, Clangokkuner said:

They had the immunity bubble before, they even used to make it so you'd die in seconds if you walk into the bubble, but they xxxx removed it for some reason and here we are with this absurd spawncamping.

Yeah no I'd rather just sit in the bubble all match if the enemy team is spawncamping me. I'd happily leave a match if I get spawncamped if I can leave without paying any repair bill, but Gaijin loves to force people into a corner so too bad.

Could always change tactics so you DON'T get spawn camped?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Yeah me, ONE MAN, ONE TANK, can totally influence an entire match enough for the team to resist not being steamrolled over, yeah, almost as if even if I do ok when I die I get spawncamped regardless. I like how the default response for these very real actual problems are "git gud".

3 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

Could always change tactics so you DON'T get spawn camped?

Edited by Clangokkuner

3 minutes ago, Clangokkuner said:

Yeah almost as if me, ONE MAN, ONE TANK, can influence an entire match enough for the team to resist not being steamrolled over, yeah, almost as if even if I do ok when I die I get spawncamped regardless.

Exactly, so this issue is general rubbishness of fellow players, not the game as such.

Should I just never ever respawn if I die unless it's a surefire win?

1 minute ago, Deranger79 said:

Exactly, so this issue is general rubbishness of fellow players, not the game as such.

that's just plain absurd, yeah bro just have people get spawncamped over and over because it's totally fine and fun

1 minute ago, Clangokkuner said:

Should I just never ever respawn if I die unless it's a surefire win?

that's just plain absurd, yeah bro just have people get spawncamped over and over because it's totally fine and fun

Because the team lets them... It's not Gaijin playing the winning team.

• Like 1

Gaijin has tried several times to create a spawn protection. Some players then thought to use it as a troll. If the players would stop driving to the spawn at all, the problem would not exist and if the opponents come to the spawn at all, then the team has done something wrong. Either they didn't protect the flanks or they pushed directly and died without doing anything.

• Upvote 1
medal

On 19/02/2021 at 13:06, Evinsher_IT said:

Cuase i will be honest, i don't find it a bad way to say it

Yes sir. I stand corrected. When I read it I thought you were just trying to beat me over the head because of something I didn't think of. Just forget I said anything and thanks man.

16 hours ago, FastGT007 said:

Gaijin has tried several times to create a spawn protection. Some players then thought to use it as a troll. If the players would stop driving to the spawn at all, the problem would not exist and if the opponents come to the spawn at all, then the team has done something wrong. Either they didn't protect the flanks or they pushed directly and died without doing anything.

The Germans are equipped with tanks that have great frontal armor, descent speed, and powerful guns = perfect for spawn camping.( actually some to think of it. They are perfect for camping anywhere. )

And honestly I think if there was a spawn point protection added, people would just find another way to make it hurt. :) Ask me how I know ;) .

Edited by Bellator138

54 minutes ago, Bellator138 said:

And honestly I think if there was a spawn point protection added, people would just find another way to make it hurt. :) Ask me how I know ;) .

There are several ways of spawn camping:
- Drive directly to the spawn at the beginning of the match and shoot everything away.
- Own 1 cap and push the spawn
- own all caps and drive slowly to the spawn
- CAS bombs the spawn

I think the third point is not so bad, because it simulates for example blocking reinforcements or something.

The other points I just find a pity for the game

medal

24 minutes ago, FastGT007 said:

There are several ways of spawn camping:
- Drive directly to the spawn at the beginning of the match and shoot everything away.
- Own 1 cap and push the spawn
- own all caps and drive slowly to the spawn
- CAS bombs the spawn

Yes sir.