Upcoming Enduring Confrontation updates 2021

• Developer

Hello. There is some things I've answered to some guys in private, but it might be interesting for all players. Currently we have no clean roadmap for 2021 but we are working on it.

About maps size:

We have only few 128 km maps. Dover, Denmark, Moscow, Smolensk, Afghan, Vietnam and Spain (I might forgot one). Currently planes EC exist only for Smolensk, Dover, Vietnam and Afghan maps. I have plans to create planes EC at other maps and it allow us to remove small maps from EC6 and EC7. Also current "big" maps uses not full 128 km but only 86 dye to some technical restriction. But it might be changed during this year.

About units and current scripts:

Current EC missions are overwhelmed with units. There is maximum units that are allowed. But i'm working on rewriting some scripts and I hope it allow me to use units more accurate and it will solve some problems. Scripts rewriting also might reduce server load, and might resolve some old bugs

• Like 15
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 18

• Developer

There is alot of topics for discussion and a read most of them, so let's continue there. I've also hided all replies to my first post, sorry, mates.

I saw info about EC1 and his distance problems and i will think about it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hello. We have plans to update our setups for AI planes in EC (that are used for AI bots in "bombers", "assaults" etc tasks) Also we have plans to create different airfields setups for different ranks (similar to RB battles).

We also have plans to add more close airfields for low ranks and remove some close airfields for high ranks.

Something like that:

6-8 AFs for low ranks and most of them are "nearest" and "middle" airfields

5-6 AFs for mid-ranks with current setup (like on live servers)

4-5 AFs for high ranks mostly on "far" positions.

low rank AF will have 1.300 meters length

mid ranks: 1.700 (current ones)

high ranks: 3.000

estimated time is 2-3 weeks from now, but it is just rough estimate

also. We localized bug with no damagable airfields in certain situations (and it might be the same problem with repairing issue). Our programmers are looking for solution, but there is no ETA yet. But we can reproduct this bug via test missions, so i believe it's just a matter of time when it will solved

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Enduring Confrontation

All missions:

• A bug which caused ground convoys to continue moving deeper into enemy territory after the movement scenario had stopped has been fixed.

• A bug where new convoys would cease to appear after several convoys reached their destination points has been fixed.

• Mission "Sicily" has been disabled from rotation, but it can still be used when creating custom battles. This mission now uses new mechanics, with various changes and fixes. If you want to help us with testing, then create a room, play and share your impressions on our forums.

Known bugs

All Enduring Confrontation missions (including testing on“Sicily”):

• Some airfields are still unable to be damaged, and repairing on them may be hard or impossible. A fix has already been implemented into the code and is currently being tested.

• If a convoy reaches a square with an ongoing battle, It is possible for a new battle to start within that square.

The most notable changes to the “Sicily” mission:

• New airfield mechanics have been introduced which support a varying number of airfields of differing sizes, based on rank. Also, mechanics related to the destruction of an airfield, due to movement of the front line, have been reworked, which should solve the problems with non-disappearing airfields.

• The number of airfields in the mission, and their respective sizes, will now depend on rank.

Low ranks:

• 3 close airfields;
  • 2 medium airfields;
  • 2 distant airfields.

Mid ranks:

• 2 close airfields;
  • 3 medium airfields;
  • 2 distant airfields.

High ranks:

• No close airfields;
  • 2 medium airfields;
  • 2 distant airfields.

• Airfield positions for all ranks have been revised to improve their overall distribution and to unify the distances between them. Previously, distant airfields were too close to the center of the map.

• Bombers are unable to respawn on close airfields.

• For airfields in high-rank battles (including those of the German team), M61 Vulcan guns are now used instead of 37-mm war-time AA guns. The 88-mm anti-aircraft guns have not changed.

• A bug with the generation of air capture zones, whereby a new capture zone could appear while the previous one was active, has been fixed.

• The position of one of the bases for bombing in the “Sicily” mission, that was at the very edge of the map in the ‘A-5’ square, has been fixed. 

In the “Sicily” mission squares D-6 and F-7 which were marked as “sea” by a mistake are now marked again as “land”. Ground battles can take place in them and the front line will be drawn correctly.  Also issues with incorrect displaying of the front line on all squares touching the sea have been fixed. Now the front line doesn’t break by not reaching the cost line and it will not be drawn on the sea area.

so if anyone one to test new logic and give feedback - u can create a room on Sicilia and play

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

• Developer

we have plans to update Sicily (looks like update will be on live servers tommorow)

• Added presets for AI planes of rank 6 battles to those templates where it was necessary, and where starting from the fifth rank the same preset of planes was used
  • German planes for AI presets replaced with Italian ones
  • Changed all airplane AI presets for all ranks
  • Reduced the number of ground units involved in the mission logic to assess the server load and possible bug fixes when players did not see some ground units (in battles, convoys) due to the large number of simultaneously active units.
  • Airfield anti-aircraft guns for high ranks were replaced from M163 to M247 and Gepard. - it is ALREADY on live

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

• Developer

We have plans to update Sicily (and few fixes for other missions). It's auto-translate and official patch notes will come latter.

All missions

• Fixed an issue where players could not complete the "detect enemy aircraft carrier" task in certain situations
  • The battle zone of the "Port Moresby" mission is now correctly sized and the front line matches the squares on the map without any shifts

Sicily. Test Mission
We remind you that the mission is removed from the rotation and is only available in the lobby, as it is temporarily a test ground for the new logic of the EC mode.

• The ground troops of this mission now use unit presets.Now different ground vehicles will be present at different battle ranks. New units have the same DM as the player's vehicles. The changes relate to tanks, APC, SPAAG, bunkers and trucks
  • The mission is completely moved  to the new script logic, which should make it easier to find and fix bugs.
  • Multiple fixes on the reports of players involved in testing this mission in the lobby.

shot 2021.03.29 14.14.40.jpg

shot 2021.03.29 14.17.35.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

• Developer

it is on live.

Enduring Confrontation. All missions, excluding Sicily.

• The number of ground units has been lowered in order to reduce the server load and resolve an issue where some active units may not have been displayed by the server.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1