Just another check in to say everything is fine and I'm enjoying the game.

Just to counter all of the over dramatic posts here,  I'm just popping in to say everything is going fine for me. No major game breaking bugs, no @live targeted occurrences, no crashes,  no crossplay problems.  Everything is working just fine for me.  If you want to post here stay on topic. This post's topic is about the positive and how your game is doing fine.  If it isn't, no worries, just don't bother with it here. I've been drinking fireball and having a great time for the last few hours. If (almost)  anyone wants to join,  I'm playing mid/high tier ground rb, several different nations. Just message me on Xbox first so I know what you want. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal

Heck yeah, good vibes.  My 5.3 German lineup in ground RB is going great, and I've gained more motivation to continue British ground and naval. :DD

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, False_Swiss said:

Heck yeah, good vibes.  My 5.3 German lineup in ground RB is going great, and I've gained more motivation to continue British ground and naval. :DD

5.3 is a good BR for Germany. I'm playing 6.7 with a friend right now trying to spade some of them with some 7.0 Russian on the side. The 268 is so much more enjoyable at 7.0. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal

On 08/02/2021 at 10:00, [email protected] said:

As much as these things drive me nuts too, am sure most people would cry a lot harder if Gaijin decompressed the BR's and half of their vehicles became obsolete due to being at an unpopular BR, already an issue with some vehicles.

I do think Gaijin would love to find a workable solution, that keeps people happy and the game working smoothly, but the BR compression issue is an unfortunate trade off as it stands.

Anyway, back on topic, despite all of the threads I have started on this forum being me crying about obscure issues and personal gripes, the past week has seen some hilarious moments.

I set a new, paltry, personal record of 11 kills in a game of ground RB... a low tier seal clubbing rampage that left me feeling a bit dirty inside, but still a flawless performance from my beastly M15/42.

I also had a couple of memorable moments related to spading my Semovente da 75/46, Na-To and Panther F.

First two where concerted efforts I motivated myself to do.

I had enough of Italian tank destroyers by the time I reached the last one, and the Na-To just requires patience I generally don't have, so they had been sat there for ages untouched.

A bit of a struggle at times getting them spaded, but the last battle in each was epic!

Finished off the 75/46 on Carpathians with a 7 kill rampage, immediately followed by the closest yet I have come to shooting something to death with the P.108 passenger plane.

In the Na-To I actually managed to outflank a Locust swarm in Tunisia, definitely a confusing and unexpected moment for all of us!

I finished off the Panther F in a tense CQB style game on the Sweden map, genuinely scary gameplay at times! ha

On top of that, this match awarded me some Battle Pass points, for an award or something, anyway that was enough to get me over the mark and earned me a free Super Corsair.

Was a pleasant surprise, and felt a bit daft after moaning on here not too long ago, about how the game is definitely conspiring against me so that I can't progress in the Battle Pass event, primarily because I hadn't yet figured out how it works! :facepalm:

Anyway, still can't get a game in Air RB with my new plane, as it seems lots of other people had similar timing!

So, I have been enjoying flying my Fw-190 Dora around in Corsair central, providing a decent target at the very least!

• Upvote 1
medal medal

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I don’t even know how anyone enjoys the game with the br compression and server issues that always exist. How many years does it take to fix the servers? The answer is still unknown atm.

Just play until you start to get too aggravated, then take a break. This game does get to everyone eventually in one way or another. If you play mad it'll only get worse. After you calm down a bit give it another go. That's how I usually stay positive. I end up having more good than bad moments bc of that. :)

medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Drexciyan909 said:

As much as these things drive me nuts too, am sure most people would cry a lot harder if Gaijin decompressed the BR's and half of their vehicles became obsolete due to being at an unpopular BR, already an issue with some vehicles.

I do think Gaijin would love to find a workable solution, that keeps people happy and the game working smoothly, but the BR compression issue is an unfortunate trade off as it stands.

Anyway, back on topic, despite all of the threads I have started on this forum being me crying about obscure issues and personal gripes, the past week has seen some hilarious moments.

I set a new, paltry, personal record of 11 kills in a game of ground RB... a low tier seal clubbing rampage that left me feeling a bit dirty inside, but still a flawless performance from my beastly M15/42.

I also had a couple of memorable moments related to spading my Semovente da 75/46, Na-To and Panther F.

First two where concerted efforts I motivated myself to do.

I had enough of Italian tank destroyers by the time I reached the last one, and the Na-To just requires patience I generally don't have, so they had been sat there for ages untouched.

A bit of a struggle at times getting them spaded, but the last battle in each was epic!

Finished off the 75/46 on Carpathians with a 7 kill rampage, immediately followed by the closest yet I have come to shooting something to death with the P.108 passenger plane.

In the Na-To I actually managed to outflank a Locust swarm in Tunisia, definitely a confusing and unexpected moment for all of us!

I finished off the Panther F in a tense CQB style game on the Sweden map, genuinely scary gameplay at times! ha

On top of that, this match awarded me some Battle Pass points, for an award or something, anyway that was enough to get me over the mark and earned me a free Super Corsair.

Was a pleasant surprise, and felt a bit daft after moaning on here not too long ago, about how the game is definitely conspiring against me so that I can't progress in the Battle Pass event, primarily because I hadn't yet figured out how it works! :facepalm:

Anyway, still can't get a game in Air RB with my new plane, as it seems lots of other people had similar timing!

So, I have been enjoying flying my Fw-190 Dora around in Corsair central, providing a decent target at the very least!

Oh yes vehicles would become obsolete in br decompression when half of them are already obsolete due to compression. The maus and T-10A are examples of this and there are many many many aircraft that are examples at the battle ratings they are at and I mean look at the jet bombers they moved up in br. They are probably going to compress the battleratings more this year and barely decompress it by making 11.0 a br. I have already heard that germany is probably getting an F-4 so the night-21 pfm which suffers will die to even more radar guided weapons and I heard about sea harriers coming so more British harrier bias is going to probably exist. Between the glitches in the game, the matchmaker, and the br compression it is a very big mess that needs to be fixed and I feel like if need be maybe they could make it so you can only get uptiered or Downtiered by a maximum of 0.7 br change to hopefully help a bit on that side.

medal medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I feel like if need be maybe they could make it so you can only get uptiered or Downtiered by a maximum of 0.7 br change to hopefully help a bit on that side.

I don't think that'd be unreasonable. The population is high enough right now where it probably wouldn't hurt the queue times.  WT could at least try it for a weekend and see how it goes. 

medal medal medal medal

17 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I don’t even know how anyone enjoys the game with the br compression and server issues that always exist. How many years does it take to fix the servers? The answer is still unknown atm.

I personally play Air Enduring Confrontation usually. I shoot down F4 Phantoms in my German Sea Hawk and it's not because I am some sort of ace player!
Even When I can jump into a BR 10+ aircraft I get into a BR 8 for getting a specific objective.
Rewards are also insane which help with the broken economy.

May I ask, which game modes do you usually play? air/ground/naval/mixed? AB/RB/SB?

Another general thing that helps with the grind and other imperfections is that I play three nations tier 5/6 so if I get bored grinding a Soviet Mig-21 then I jump into an American F104 for a while.

Edited by Kaasjager010
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kaasjager010 said:

I personally play Air Enduring Confrontation usually. I shoot down F4 Phantoms in my German Sea Hawk and it's not because I am some sort of ace player!
Even When I can jump into a BR 10+ aircraft I get into a BR 8 for getting a specific objective.
Rewards are also insane which help with the broken economy.

May I ask, which game modes do you usually play? air/ground/naval/mixed? AB/RB/SB?

Another general thing that helps with the grind and other imperfections is that I play three nations tier 5/6 so if I get bored grinding a Soviet Mig-21 then I jump into an American F104 for a while.

I switch between AB and RB and I mainly use germany and Sweden for obvious reasons but I am also slowly using Britain, the us, and the USSR(mig-21 pfm still needs an even lower br) just because I need stuff to do but the fact that the br uptiering and down tier ing system is by a max of 1.0 uptier or down tier it affects everything since the br changes @Kaasjager010. The object 120 and leopard 1 are both 7.3 now for example meaning they can be fighting 6.3s atm while one of them has 425 mm pen sabot so lowing the maximum uptier and down tier br would be good and certain vehicles(examples being the maus and t-10A) should be moved down slightly to combat other vehicles that were moved around. Then you look at other vehicles that were moved up for some reason(examples being centurion mark 3 and strv 81s, and almost every jet bomber) and since the changes occurred I don’t think that all of the changes were ideal and people said the F-4C was having trouble so they put it at 10.3 so now when it gets down tiered, everything at 9.3 gets killed by a radar guided missiles so some changes have ruined parts of the game. I am not trying to rant but what I am trying to say is gaijin needs to try suggestions because with the amount of players on just the pc side of the community alone, you could reduce the max uptiering and downtiering br to a 0.7 maximum or a 0.3 maximum without it affecting much else besides top tier which even then there are enough F-4 players to fill an entire match. We need to make suggestions and we need gaijin to look at the suggestions so we can fix some of the main issues(uptiering/downtiering, extreme repair costs, certain vehicles that need br changes, etc). 

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I am not trying to rant but what I am trying to say is gaijin needs to try suggestions because with the amount of players on just the pc side of the community alone, you could reduce the max uptiering and downtiering br to a 0.7 maximum or a 0.3 maximum without it affecting much else besides top tier which even then there are enough F-4 players to fill an entire match. We need to make suggestions and we need gaijin to look at the suggestions so we can fix some of the main issues(uptiering/downtiering, extreme repair costs, certain vehicles that need br changes, etc). 

This is a legit rant so no worries. Yea I'd like to see a 0.7 max up/ down tier. I usually do ok in a full uptier but I don't have fun because I have to play way more cautiously.  I'm to the point now where I just like to yolo around.  If I'm forced to camp,  I'll get bored. 

medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I switch between AB and RB and I mainly use germany and Sweden for obvious reasons but I am also slowly using Britain, the us, and the USSR(mig-21 pfm still needs an even lower br) just because I need stuff to do but the fact that the br uptiering and down tier ing system is by a max of 1.0 uptier or down tier it affects everything since the br changes @Kaasjager010. The object 120 and leopard 1 are both 7.3 now for example meaning they can be fighting 6.3s atm while one of them has 425 mm pen sabot so lowing the maximum uptier and down tier br would be good and certain vehicles(examples being the maus and t-10A) should be moved down slightly to combat other vehicles that were moved around. Then you look at other vehicles that were moved up for some reason(examples being centurion mark 3 and strv 81s, and almost every jet bomber) and since the changes occurred I don’t think that all of the changes were ideal and people said the F-4C was having trouble so they put it at 10.3 so now when it gets down tiered, everything at 9.3 gets killed by a radar guided missiles so some changes have ruined parts of the game. I am not trying to rant but what I am trying to say is gaijin needs to try suggestions because with the amount of players on just the pc side of the community alone, you could reduce the max uptiering and downtiering br to a 0.7 maximum or a 0.3 maximum without it affecting much else besides top tier which even then there are enough F-4 players to fill an entire match. We need to make suggestions and we need gaijin to look at the suggestions so we can fix some of the main issues(uptiering/downtiering, extreme repair costs, certain vehicles that need br changes, etc). 

That sounds troublesome. Enduring Confrontation is a nice escape in my opinion as the uptiering/downtiering only really affects the amount of SP required to spawn into one.
F-4C is just as deadly as an F-4E I'd say versus anything without radar or radar guided missile. I think what you can realistically expect is one of the following, perhaps several in a different order:
-Nothing, F-4C is the new alpha at it's BR
-F-4C costs are going to skyrocket
-F-4C will get put up a BR, possibly F-4E gets upped too when there is a BR over 10.7 which I imagine there might be in the next one or two major updates.

But serious, EC is such a relief from all the other game modes. If you haven't tried I recommend giving it a go. Without a premium account and without a premium aircraft or boosters I still do 100k SL and 60k RP without even doing a full match. It's more of an open "world experience" with objectives popping up that are relatively easy.

18 hours ago, Kaasjager010 said:

That sounds troublesome. Enduring Confrontation is a nice escape in my opinion as the uptiering/downtiering only really affects the amount of SP required to spawn into one.
F-4C is just as deadly as an F-4E I'd say versus anything without radar or radar guided missile. I think what you can realistically expect is one of the following, perhaps several in a different order:
-Nothing, F-4C is the new alpha at it's BR
-F-4C costs are going to skyrocket
-F-4C will get put up a BR, possibly F-4E gets upped too when there is a BR over 10.7 which I imagine there might be in the next one or two major updates.

But serious, EC is such a relief from all the other game modes. If you haven't tried I recommend giving it a go. Without a premium account and without a premium aircraft or boosters I still do 100k SL and 60k RP without even doing a full match. It's more of an open "world experience" with objectives popping up that are relatively easy.

You forgot I use a controller not a keyboard so simulator is a pain to play for me. I would play enduring confrontation on naval if they would bring it back or I would play it if it was on realistic mode and I don’t understand how naval enduring confrontation was on realistic when it was around but enduring confrontation for aircraft is on simulator. It makes 0 sense

medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, [email protected] said:

You forgot I use a controller not a keyboard so simulator is a pain to play for me. I would play enduring confrontation on naval if they would bring it back or I would play it if it was on realistic mode and I don’t understand how naval enduring confrontation was on realistic when it was around but enduring confrontation for aircraft is on simulator. It makes 0 sense

I have not forgotten, I am also on a  controller. I use the microsoft chatpad on it though for extra buttons. You can get 3rd party ones for like 10 bucks I think. Can highly recommend to give it a serious try! it's a different game all together. I would've abandoned War Thunder 100 euros and 2 years ago if I couldn't play sim on Xbox.

3 hours ago, Kaasjager010 said:

I have not forgotten, I am also on a  controller. I use the microsoft chatpad on it though for extra buttons. You can get 3rd party ones for like 10 bucks I think. Can highly recommend to give it a serious try! it's a different game all together. I would've abandoned War Thunder 100 euros and 2 years ago if I couldn't play sim on Xbox.

Oh yes use a mini controller keyboard attachment that won’t let me use my headset at the same time while the buttons are too small on said mini keyboard that I can’t use it because of my finger size lol

medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Oh yes use a mini controller keyboard attachment that won’t let me use my headset at the same time while the buttons are too small on said mini keyboard that I can’t use it because of my finger size lol

I double bind a lot of stuff on my main gamepad buttons and even on the microsoft mini keyboard the buttons don't always work so I bind stuff that doesn't need super quick access. Honestly, the only difference in gamepad controls between and RB and SIM are the trim axis which you can replace with an "instant trim button".
Of course feel free to not do it but I can strongly recommend trying EC. I see you not enjoying the game a lot and going to EC is a whole new experience, you can even pick a server. If you pick a server that has been going for a while and your side has the upper hand then the victory bonus is almost guaranteed. It's by far my favourite game type and can at the very least be a place to cool down for someone screwed over by the matchmaker.