Simplified profit/earning system in EC missions

Best answer

Thank you for all your feedback! Your suggestions and ideas were passed to the development team. They will continue to work on it and when ready, we will again share any news with you.

On 22/03/2021 at 20:38, nazradu2 said:

Honestly at a BR higher than 4.7 you have to play EC for the fun of it. If you have any goals aside from that you end up with a grind burn out.

Sorry mate, but... Nope! It's not about grinding, more about "surviving" . In EC 6/7 even starter planes aren't cheap,. unless you're uptiering a cheap premium jet. I'm farming hard in this period, so one day i can afford to fly some planes without risking bankrupt. 

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, LostF0X said:

Sorry mate, but... Nope! It's not about grinding, more about "surviving" . In EC 6/7 even starter planes aren't cheap,. unless you're uptiering a cheap premium jet. I'm farming hard in this period, so one day i can afford to fly some planes without risking bankrupt. 

When I fly EC6/7 I never ever expect to earn any SL. Even If you get out n:0 you will not get much. For quick SL I play SB GF.

medal medal medal

51 minutes ago, nazradu2 said:

When I fly EC6/7 I never ever expect to earn any SL. Even If you get out n:0 you will not get much. For quick SL I play SB GF.

I lose SL when I play SB GF.

I'm just really unlucky. If I go in there with the intention to play CAS, the enemy team has a hundred fighters in the air and I don't even get time to find a ground target before they kill me.

If I take a fighter to find a good dogfight, they have zero fighters and usually one or two attackers at most, if any. 

This happens to me literally Every Single Time I play. 

And since GF has this ridiculous mechanic that kills you if you land and J-out, you can never change loadouts or planes without sacrificing a life/SP.

medal medal

53 minutes ago, AngelPiret said:

You play SB for SL??? It doesn't give nearly as much as RB...

I won't play RB for lions, i want to play SB 

3 hours ago, nazradu2 said:

I do instead! How could gaijin expect us to progress with the game if we're constantly with a negative SL income? 

Oh and it's not only about EC7, try and check some tier 3/4 planes, especially on axis side. Man fw 190 a5 with 30k repair cost. 

Wanna fix economy on EC? Quite easy, eliminate the half reward without landing and make more human repair costs

394160458_shot2021_03_2522_33_26.thumb.j

Edited by LostF0X
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LostF0X said:

I won't play RB for lions, i want to play SB 

I do instead! How could gaijin expect us to progress with the game if we're constantly with a negative SL income? 

Oh and it's not only about EC7, try and check some tier 3/4 planes, especially on axis side. Man fw 190 a5 with 30k repair cost. 

Wanna fix economy on EC? Quite easy, eliminate the half reward without landing and make more human repair costs

394160458_shot2021_03_2522_33_26.thumb.j

.....it's almost like that's the point so ppl buy stuff.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

So, considering the ground forces are getting a highly accurate and much more resilient DMs, I think players-like rewards for killing them are in order, as well.

Edited by C0lander
medal

15 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I'm guessing Gaijins given up on this after their proposed changes were criticised, since we haven't heard anything back in nearly two months

No offense, but you must not have experience with game design. These proposed changes will take a decent amount of time to implement, especially as only a small number of people work on the Sim side of things. Also, these were  proposed  changes - and they proposed them to get our feedback. Feedback has been given and I expect they have probably decided to make some changes based on our feedback.

Most tasks, no matter how simple they may seem, take a certain amount of time to implement, especially with games that have gone through may iterations (such as War Thunder) - and any changes made might cause issues elsewhere which need to be tested by QA teams etc.

Patience, people.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

On 25/03/2021 at 14:28, LostF0X said:

No! That is not going to correct anything.

A bit of a back story! Before it was added there was a severe bug that count TNT drops twice, providing double the rewards. Due to this most AB and RB players figured it was just more efficient to just suicide into airfields, then respawn again to repeat the process. Considering that bombers are easy to fly even with mouse/keyboard, it wasn't too difficult for anyone to get started. While it was a good grinding experience for them, it was very bad experience for everyone else since the games were ending too quickly due to the ticket bleed. This is where the term "Zomber" came from!

Back to present day... this was implemented to combat players who continue to abuse Sim rewards who suicide their aircraft. The most notorious was the Premium A2D-1 since it was very cheep on repair cost, breaking EC6 games into full A2D-1 zomber matches.

If you don't want to loose so much SL, then you need to take the initiative to RTB when you can. I'm sorry, but as long as certain dishonest players continue to find ways to abuse Sim. It is what it is!

Edited by I_Termx_I
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, I_Termx_I said:

A bit of a back story! Before it was added there was a severe bug that count TNT drops twice, providing double the rewards. Due to this most AB and RB players figured it was just more efficient to just suicide into airfields, then respawn again to repeat the process. Considering that bombers are easy to fly even with mouse/keyboard, it wasn't too difficult for anyone to get started. While it was a good grinding experience for them, it was very bad experience for everyone else since the games were ending too quickly due to the ticket bleed. This is where the term "Zomber" came from!

Back to present day... this was implemented to combat players who continue to abuse Sim rewards who suicide their aircraft. The most notorious was the Premium A2D-1 since it was very cheep on repair cost, breaking EC6 games into full A2D-1 zomber matches.

If you don't want to loose so much SL, then you need to take the initiative to RTB when you can. I'm sorry, but as long as certain dishonest players continue to find ways to abuse Sim. It is what it is!

Well man, Screw you and who added that bs of half reward without landing. I don't care if someone exploits bugged game mechanic, it's not my problem. And EVERYBODY knows that suicide runs are for RP not lions.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, The_Tea_Rex said:

No offense, but you must not have experience with game design. These proposed changes will take a decent amount of time to implement, especially as only a small number of people work on the Sim side of things. Also, these were  proposed  changes - and they proposed them to get our feedback. Feedback has been given and I expect they have probably decided to make some changes based on our feedback.

Most tasks, no matter how simple they may seem, take a certain amount of time to implement, especially with games that have gone through may iterations (such as War Thunder) - and any changes made might cause issues elsewhere which need to be tested by QA teams etc.

Patience, people.

I really doubt it takes months to change values so that you earn more for different actions and lose less, I don't think you have much experience with Gaijin, we're all the QA team so that argument is pretty null, given their history of abandoning things or putting them down on extremely low priority especially after receiving poor feedback after a terrible implementation it's likely that's what happened here, the only thing that spurred them to make changes in the first place was zombers actually making a profit so they don't seem to care about the EC economy otherwise when players aren't making SL gains, if they've truly been at work on this since the first announcement and it's taking this much time then why can't they communicate that themselves after 2 months, just an update on how the progress is going or even that there's still progress being made, hard to put any faith in them with their silence and history, maybe they could spare a dev or two from these April fools events that they're able to put so much more work into ahead of the actual gamemodes

Edited by [email protected]
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 02/04/2021 at 02:18, LostF0X said:

Well man, Screw you and who added that bs of half reward without landing. I don't care if someone exploits bugged game mechanic, it's not my problem. And EVERYBODY knows that suicide runs are for RP not lions.

I'm just providing you the reason and the facts behind it. There's no need to be so... touchy, and let alone get angry towards me over it. Regardless on how you feel, it is all our problem!

TNT bombing bleeds tickets quicker = ends matches too soon. It maybe great for that player, but it's at the expense of others who get less rewards for their time spent. That just leads to more players getting frustrated and leaving the mode entirely. The last thing Sim needs is less players playing it.

It changes the meta into repetitive one-sided games. Maybe it's fine for you, but it is not for those who prefer to play all (or certain) aircraft types that lack bombing capabilities. Not every Sim player plays EC for grinding reasons. They do so because they want the simulator experience.

Gaijin sees the data on their side and as usual, higher repair costs! None of us likes to pay 40k, 60k, or 80k+ repairs for a lot of these aircraft; especially in top-tier. Even the stock grind for some nations is getting pretty expensive right now.

Gaijin has severely nerfed the rewards in Sim than what it use to be last year, and the years before it. It was x2 to x3 times the amount than what we get right now. So screw them? Your barking up the wrong tree here pal. It's those that abuse these mechanics that end up screwing the entire Sim community in the long run.

Edited by I_Termx_I
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 03/04/2021 at 19:11, I_Termx_I said:

I'm just providing you the reason and the facts behind it. There's no need to be so... touchy, and let alone get angry towards me over it. Regardless on how you feel, it is all our problem!

TNT bombing bleeds tickets quicker = ends matches too soon. It maybe great for that player, but it's at the expense of others who get less rewards for their time spent. That just leads to more players getting frustrated and leaving the mode entirely. The last thing Sim needs is less players playing it.

It changes the meta into repetitive one-sided games. Maybe it's fine for you, but it is not for those who prefer to play all (or certain) aircraft types that lack bombing capabilities. Not every Sim player plays EC for grinding reasons. They do so because they want the simulator experience.

Gaijin sees the data on their side and as usual, higher repair costs! None of us likes to pay 40k, 60k, or 80k+ repairs for a lot of these aircraft; especially in top-tier. Even the stock grind for some nations is getting pretty expensive right now.

Gaijin has severely nerfed the rewards in Sim than what it use to be last year, and the years before it. It was x2 to x3 times the amount than what we get right now. So screw them? Your barking up the wrong tree here pal. It's those that abuse these mechanics that end up screwing the entire Sim community in the long run.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  And again BOMBER ABUSE IS FOR RESEARCH POINTS NOT SILVER LIONS and here we're talking about E C O N O M Y! So nothing to do with grinding. 

On 02/04/2021 at 01:55, I_Termx_I said:

I lost my patience right after reading those bs of yours. AB/RB came for grinding, and gaijin in, order to fix the huge bomber spam, nerfed economy, seems legit (how about no!).
Do you think bomber abusers cared about that? since nothing has changed in the last years I will say.... NO!!!! And like I've already said, on the one side always winning maybe you can always manage to rtb. On the other side, being constantly outnumberd you can't and if it isn't like that... Why have I to get back to base if I've still ammo and fuel??? Man do you use your brain or you have it just to keep your ears separated??? I'm not angry, i've just had enough, i'm tired of being part of a penalized community. That's why i suggest to restore full reward and reduce the cost, to bring some balance, but I saw it's too hard for you to understand

The real problem is that we are penalized compare to all other game modes. Nerfed rewards, higher costs.  No need to study Economy at the university to understand that, no need to be a genius, just use your brain. 

And here the "small" difference between realistic and sim about repair cost (put a couple of shots).

it's absurd that now even premium aircrafts have high repair cost (I won't waste real money to get a plane that makes me lose lions instead of earning, oh but maybe some use premium vehicles just to grind, not to farm)

ahi.jpg

ahi1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, LostF0X said:

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:  And again BOMBER ABUSE IS FOR RESEARCH POINTS NOT SILVER LIONS and here we're talking about E C O N O M Y! So nothing to do with grinding. 

This was not the case back than when the x2 TNT / suicide bombing meta was around. Even after that was fix and the -50% RTB mechanic was added, the rocket spam meta started soon afterward. That alone was rewarding a very large amount of Silver Lions for just spamming rockets into airfields for TNT damage. I guess you forgot when RB players were posting those results on the WT Reddit with screenshots of them earning up to 1,000,000 SL for something so... basic.

15 hours ago, LostF0X said:

I lost my patience right after reading those bs of yours. AB/RB came for grinding, and gaijin in, order to fix the huge bomber spam, nerfed economy, seems legit (how about no!).
Do you think bomber abusers cared about that? since nothing has changed in the last years I will say.... NO!!!! And like I've already said, on the one side always winning maybe you can always manage to rtb. On the other side, being constantly outnumberd you can't and if it isn't like that... Why have I to get back to base if I've still ammo and fuel??? Man do you use your brain or you have it just to keep your ears separated??? I'm not angry, i've just had enough, i'm tired of being part of a penalized community. That's why i suggest to restore full reward and reduce the cost, to bring some balance, but I saw it's too hard for you to understand

The real problem is that we are penalized compare to all other game modes. Nerfed rewards, higher costs.  No need to study Economy at the university to understand that, no need to be a genius, just use your brain. 

And here the "small" difference between realistic and sim about repair cost (put a couple of shots).

it's absurd that now even premium aircrafts have high repair cost (I won't waste real money to get a plane that makes me lose lions instead of earning, oh but maybe some use premium vehicles just to grind, not to farm)

If you want to provide a logical solution regarding the Sim economy, you have to understand the past on why certain features like the "-50% RTB mechanic" was implemented in the first place. I do understand, but the problem is your not taking the time to even listen to anything different outside of your own personal opinion. You have this strong belief that removing the RTB mechanic is going to magically resolve all your problems. It is not! The same Sim economic problems will still continue. Modifiers on the aircraft will continue to get reduced. More task earnings will get nerfed. Aircraft repair costs will continue to increase. All this due to ignoring the key culprits that cause these problems in the first place - Sim abusers.

You already said yourself that you don't care about those that abuse game mechanics. Like it or not all these economy changes and new mechanics are a result of these abuse metas over the past year or two. The entire economy system at this point needs a full rework in order to reward those that play the mode legit based their performance and time well spent, while also punishing those that continue to abuse it with little effort. You can't simply turn a blind eye and just ignore it.

Also it's funny to say your not angry, but your behavior says otherwise. Remember you told me to "screw myself" when replying to my last response. All because you just can't be an adult about it and respect another person's point-of-view.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2