32 members have voted

1. 1. Do we add the drop tanks?

• yes, we want it.
    • no, we dont want it.
  2. 2. Do we add Voice chat ?

• yes, between allies only.
    • yes, for all players in the lobby.
    • no, we dont want it.

Hello everyone i have a feeling this was suggested before. But i wanted to suggest that we need drop tanks its completely balanced and idk why Gaijn didnt add it yet.

Advantages of Drop Tanks:

1.Increases your fuel and your aircraft range.

Disadvantage of Drop Tanks:

1.Extra drag.

2.Extra Weight.

3. less hard points which means less missiles if there is.

so i think the drop tanks are basically balance.

for the second one is voice chat between pilots that are within near range like 1Km or 2Km it will help to be more coordinated and if there is a dogfight u can easily communicate i think we limited to only allies.

Advantages:

1. not chasing around a near dot.

2.more tactical and strategy

Disadvantages:

1. i think trolling

While I like the idea of drop tanks, our maps are already too small for that. What we need is a fuel slider first. Would I like to adjust my own fuel and take external tanks? sure, but I do not want to add an extra load on an aircraft where the minimum fuel is already above 30 min and I can't change that at all. Most of the aircraft in the game is already crippled with too much fuel.

• Like 1
medal medal medal

all droptanks would do is that everyone will run at min internal fuel + bags and they will drop bags as soon as they meet enemy to get boost to flight performance. it would actually take away quite significant tactical aspect.

Edited by przybysz86
  • Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal

Kind of in agreement with the previous replies.  There are some jets that could make good use of drop tanks, even on WT’s small maps, mainly to increase endurance.  However, for the most part, they simply aren’t needed; as Thrash said, too much fuel is an issue more often that too little.  It would be great if we had some larger maps where drop tanks would be necessary in some circumstances - say to reach the most distant targets - but such operations would require an attention span greater than the one Gaijin think the average player possesses. 

medal

10 hours ago, _Thrash_ said:

While I like the idea of drop tanks, our maps are already too small for that. What we need is a fuel slider first. Would I like to adjust my own fuel and take external tanks? sure, but I do not want to add an extra load on an aircraft where the minimum fuel is already above 30 min and I can't change that at all. Most of the aircraft in the game is already crippled with too much fuel.

2 hours ago, Kernow1346 said:

Kind of in agreement with the previous replies.  There are some jets that could make good use of drop tanks, even on WT’s small maps, mainly to increase endurance.  However, for the most part, they simply aren’t needed; as Thrash said, too much fuel is an issue more often that too little.  It would be great if we had some larger maps where drop tanks would be necessary in some circumstances - say to reach the most distant targets - but such operations would require an attention span greater than the one Gaijin think the average player possesses. 

hmmm maybe add it only to the vehicles who needs it? for the example J21RA cause the 23 min max fuel is quite low time to be airborne and do missions. but if the fuel tanks are not need then i guess we wait until bigger maps comes out.

9 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

all droptanks would do is that everyone will run at min internal fuel + bags and they will drop bags as soon as they meet enemy to get boost to flight performance. it would actually take away quite significant tactical aspect.

how is this gonna take away the tactical aspect?(no offense just asking ahhaha)

24 minutes ago, TimeFaker said:

how is this gonna take away the tactical aspect?(no offense just asking ahhaha)

right now you need to judge how much fuel you need.
This is especially crucial on jets with afterburner that burn a lot of fuel WEPing but also matter on props - if you have chance compare the same plane with 45min fuel and 15min fuel in a dogfight. On many later war props 30min of fuel is often as carrying 250kg bomb or so and late war props often burn much more fuel per minute while WEPing than at 100% (on earlier models the difference is usually much smaller since WEP is also much weaker).

So if you have plane that have much higher fuel consumption on WEP the tactical aspect emerges. If in prop I take 45min fuel and meet enemy right away I am at disadvantage but if I take 20min fuel and I do not meet enemy soon after take off and/or I fly further away from home AF I might find myself in situation where I need to RTB very quickly

in jets with afterburner this is even bigger issue because their WEP fuel consumption is much, much higher. For example on props 1.3x on WEP is considered very high. On jets 2-3.5x the "normal" rate is not impossible.

Now imagine everyone fly with drop tanks. They can all take 20mn fuel internal and 1,2,3 bags. They fly for 10-15min or so if needed on external and as soon as combat starts they drop the bags and get max performance.
In other words with external tanks you always get best of two options w/o real disadvantage other than slower cruise speed and a bit slower climb before first fight (which is problem only if you are impatient but have no real effect on how good you can be).

as It was said - maps are so small that we do not need drop-tanks. IF we get more maps size of Dover or larger - sure.
Another option is to force people to take full internal fuel before they take droptanks. In other word - droptanks would just be an extension of internal fuel not replacement.
Thing is - in that case I guarantee you, no one will use them (maybe except mentioned Dover map)

Edited by przybysz86

6 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

right now you need to judge how much fuel you need.
This is especially crucial on jets with afterburner that burn a lot of fuel WEPing but also matter on props - if you have chance compare the same plane with 45min fuel and 15min fuel in a dogfight. On many later war props 30min of fuel is often as carrying 250kg bomb or so and late war props often bur much more fuel per minute while WEPing than at 100% (on earlier models the difference is usually much smaller since WEP is also much weaker).

So if you have plane that have much higher fuel consumption on WEP the tactical aspect emerges. If in prop I take 45min fueland meet enemy right away I am at disadvantage but if I take 20min fuel and I do not meet enemy fast and/or I fly further away from home AF I might find myself in situation where I need to RTB very quickly

in jets with afterburner this is even bigger issue because their WEP fuel consumption is much, much higher. For example on props 1.3x on WEP is considered very high. On jets 2-3.5x the "normal" rate is not impossible.

Now imagine everyone fly with drop tanks. They can call take 20mn fuel internal and 1,2,3 bags. They for 45min or so if needed on external and as soon as combat starts they drop the bags and get max performance.
In other words with external tanks you always get best of two options w/o real disadvantage other than slower cruise speed and a bit slower climb before first fight (which is problem only if you are impatient but have no real effect on who good you can be).

as It was said - maps are so small that we do not need drop-tanks. IF we get more maps size of Dover or larger - sure.
Another option is to force people to take full internal fuel before they take droptanks. In other word - droptanks would just be an extension of internal fuel not replacement.
Thing is - in that case I guarantee you, no one will use them (maybe except mentioned Dover map)

okay now i understand so in order to use drop tanks we need bigger maps so that drop tanks are balanced. is that correct?

3 minutes ago, TimeFaker said:

okay now i understand so in order to use drop tanks we need bigger maps so that drop tanks are balanced. is that correct?

short story - yes. that's the main point :)

I'd be concerned about drop tanks becoming another Module that Gajin can add to increase module grind. They would also probably just retrofit all planes in the game that had fuel tanks with them and so unspade a huge number of planes in the process. Also most planes have enough fuel for the size of maps in the game. 

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

I'd be concerned about drop tanks becoming another Module that Gajin can add to increase module grind. They would also probably just retrofit all planes in the game that had fuel tanks with them and so unspade a huge number of planes in the process. Also most planes have enough fuel for the size of maps in the game. 

good point . idk y they would make it as a module since air RB is now 25 min so its useless and AB i can only see it usefull in sim only though.

12 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

Now imagine everyone fly with drop tanks. They can all take 20mn fuel internal and 1,2,3 bags. They fly for 10-15min or so if needed on external and as soon as combat starts they drop the bags and get max performance.
In other words with external tanks you always get best of two options w/o real disadvantage other than slower cruise speed and a bit slower climb before first fight (which is problem only if you are impatient but have no real effect on how good you can be).

It would be unrealistic anyway. IRL the fuel of the external tanks first went into the internal fuel tank and then to the engine. Having fuel in external tanks while the internal tank was not completely full was/is impossible. So this would be ok for arcade, but I would hate something like that for simulator. Would be one step further away from realism. 

medal medal

19 minutes ago, Celestiale said:

It would be unrealistic anyway. IRL the fuel of the external tanks first went into the internal fuel tank and then to the engine. Having fuel in external tanks while the internal tank was not completely full was/is impossible. So this would be ok for arcade, but I would hate something like that for simulator. Would be one step further away from realism. 

not necessarily.

In P-51D for example it was common to deplete fuselage tank partially before switching to droptanks.
Full fuselage tank make plane very unstable and incapable of pulling more than 6G w/o huge risk of falling into abrupt accelerated stall made worse by tendency of plane to self-tighten the turn.

In fact manual states that you first drain that tank at least partially and then switch to drop tanks, then (after bags are gone) deplete fuselage tank fully and then finally run on wing tanks.

Edited by przybysz86

We need voice chat for your own side desperately. We had it back in Birds of Steel and it worked great. But we do also need to have the ability to mute players for pretty obvious reasons. 

You'll know if Shmo is out there anyways, just give him a tiny tickle with an MG and wait for the "Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!"

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

We need voice chat for your own side desperately. We had it back in Birds of Steel and it worked great. But we do also need to have the ability to mute players for pretty obvious reasons. 

You'll know if Shmo is out there anyways, just give him a tiny tickle with an MG and wait for the "Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow!"

Hahahah yeah... I dont like being tickled by anything :D

• Haha 1
medal medal

2 hours ago, przybysz86 said:

not necessarily.

In P-51D for example it was common to deplete fuselage tank partially before switching to droptanks.
Full fuselage tank make plane very unstable and incapable of pulling more than 6G w/o huge risk of falling into abrupt accelerated stall made worse by tendency of plane to self-tighten the turn.

In fact manual states that you first drain that tank at least partially and then switch to drop tanks, then (after bags are gone) deplete fuselage tank fully and then finally run on wing tanks.

Ok, didn't know that the Mustang has a special systems for that case. But most fighters, even including today's ones have to first deplete the droptank before they can switch to the internal ones

medal medal

16 hours ago, [email protected] said:

then why they removed it if we already used to have it? is it bcz of trolling easy implement mute player option this is the easiest solution

Good points about small maps.... drop tanks should require you have FULL INTERNAL FUEL as well.  Otherwise guys will game it, with a 25% fuel load out and drop tanks.... (Unless Gaijan programs it so the drop tanks feed the internal fuel tanks so as soon as you are weight off wheels, you start transferring gas into internal tanks).....

Voice comm would be nice...within short range.  Option to mute as well needs to be present.

Sounds like someone just left AH:)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, TimeFaker said:

um what is AH?

Aces High, I assume - didn’t know it was still going TBH.  Does it still have the slightly silly 3-way war with all types available to all sides?

medal

• 3 weeks later...