I am reading that the golden wagers are being removed from the daily trophies. A while ago the GE was also removed for completing vehicles training. The battle pass now make harder to get premium vehicles. Does Gaijin has any plans to add balance on all the freebies we use to get that now are going away? 

• Sad 2
medal medal medal medal

https://warthunder.com/en/game/changelog/current/1200

• The content of the huge daily reward trophy has been changed: Universal doubles in sets of 3, 5 and 10 units; Silver Lions in the amounts of 50,000 and 100,000; premium vehicles have been added: Cromwell V (RP-3), Chi-Nu II, M4 Hybrid, B1 ter, IAR-81C, Yak-3 (France), 165 ft PC-466 Carmi, Pr. 1204; whilst equipment rental and gold wagers have been removed.

I believe the 1M SL also was removed, but not sure on that. Anyway, it is almost impossible to get any of these huge rewards.

• Sad 1
medal medal medal medal

Golden wagers use(d) to drop out of my huge trophies quite often

which may or may not be related to me never being able to earn any relevant GE sum with them, and basically just stockpiling them in my inventory

After this change, I don't expect premium vehicles to drop with any remotely "good" chance, but nonetheless I guess most players will find SL and universal backups being the most common drops an improvement over rentals. 

Edit: now I wish even more I could sell unused golden wagers in the marketplace. 

Edited by Serpiko82
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The content of the huge daily reward trophy has been changed: Universal doubles in sets of 3, 5 and 10 units; Silver Lions in the amounts of 50,000 and 100,000; premium vehicles have been added: Cromwell V (RP-3), Chi-Nu II, M4 Hybrid, B1 ter, IAR-81C, Yak-3 (France), 165 ft PC-466 Carmi, Pr. 1204; whilst equipment rental and gold wagers have been removed.

Most of us won't mind the equipment rentals, but the removal of golden wagers is going to have an effect on the game. Your thoughts?

_Catweazle_63 (Posted )

merged
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, ziggi57 said:

In line with their policy to make it harder to get premium vehicles and GE (remember they removed the free GE for training missions). Oh, and the useless rentals are still there.

1112582253_shot2021_01_2310_33_51.thumb.

The rentals in the Warbond shop are a choice and fine with me. At least you can try out a vehicle before buying it. Did that once actually.

I got my huge reward today, it was 5 universal backups. No more rental.

In the long run, I see one advantage: The average player isn't any longer cought up between 4-squads farming wagers and ending games in a few minutes.

I am not personally affected yet, as I do have huge stockpiles and have shifted my methods of gaining GE along other ways. I wonder if Gaijin will remove them eventually?

Edited by Dodo_Dud
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

I wonder if Gaijin will remove them eventually?

I don't think they are going to remove anything already given from players' inventories, lest they face a planet-sized poop storm. 

I have quite an amount of stockpiled unused GW too, since I always have the feeling that if I use one the granted extra stress and frustration will outweigh the possible income (I did some, but never went as far as completing one iirc; most of the times I fail not even halfway through). 

I read UNCONFIRMED RUMORS about GW going perhaps to be integrated in the Battle Pass system in the future, but it may as well be just speculation.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

• JagdEnte changed the title to GE Wagers Removed

Hi pre warning if you use such a bait title once again and the THread topic is different I will close this thread down in an instant. 

:salute:

• Confused 10

So, can I sell my old wagers? I have..... A LOT (never used, I'm solo so totally at mercy of team composition).

(Of course that won't be the case, but it would be nice)

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, JagdEnte said:

Hi pre warning if you use such a bait title once again and the THread topic is different I will close this thread down in an instant. 

:salute:

Actually, I think the title was changed by a mod. The thread had a different title (GE removed), and my thread had a different title too (Gaijin no longer hands out golden wagers). Then they were merged by a mod.

2 hours ago, Serpiko82 said:

I have quite an amount of stockpiled unused GW too, since I always have the feeling that if I use one the granted extra stress and frustration will outweigh the possible income (I did some, but never went as far as completing one iirc; most of the times I fail not even halfway through).

Much my sentiment too. All my wagers would max to about the same GE income I get from one year of event vehicles. I know what I prefer and I really don't need both. Even though I actually maxed all GE wagers I started on purpose.

Edited by Dodo_Dud

But now we can potentially get some more universal backups, actually something more useful IMHO because they are tangible, while winning is not.

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, qpranger said:

But now we can potentially get some more universal backups, actually something more useful IMHO because they are tangible, while winning is not.

uhhuh, now tell me how does the backup help me in AirRB exactly ? ...

Edited by Asghaad
  • Upvote 2
medal medal

I have been thinking this for a while, the new direction of Gajin is finding somewhere where Gajin is loosing a potential buy of GE and delete it or put it behind another paywall, at this rate battle trophies will be reworked too.

In the course of 5 years I have 19 rookies battle wagers, 10 officer battle wagers and 30 commander battle wagers. and someone must have made the math, why are are giving this for free.

medal medal medal medal medal

of course, no surprise here. Money hungry game devs be scummy and remove F2P options in their game.

doesnt help either when they refuse to show the actual drop rates of vehicles they throw into the crates, there are many people like myself who just see such thing as a "scam" for the sheer fact that we have 1000+ days of log ins and dont have a single vehicle drop, not even one of the super cheap ones.

So this basically means theyre removing the free 50 or so GE you could get now and again and replacing it with a useless backup.... thanks bro.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 minutes ago, WT_CT_Center said:

Money hungry game devs be scummy and remove F2P options in their game.

I feel dirty... After buying one year premium time (after 2 years I think) and Battle Pass I hate every single change they made this year. Wehraboo BR changes, removing golden wagers (even if I saved them for later), top tier balance etc.

I am going to vote with my wallet and I hope others will open their eyes too.

• Upvote 6

Well, when they gave the GE-wagers, there was a constant influx of people calling it a scam, because they lost early. All sorts of hate against Gaijin for giving out these wagers. Now they remove them, people are disgruntled again.

41 minutes ago, Ingram_IV said:

In the course of 5 years I have 19 rookies battle wagers, 10 officer battle wagers and 30 commander battle wagers. and someone must have made the math, why are are giving this for free.

So at most 64500 GE. I got way more out of the events for far less stress. So in a way, they grew obsolete. Perhaps they cancel them, because you can now transfer from Sony to PC?

Edited by Dodo_Dud

Great, another thing about the game that was good is now gone. Being able to make some GE on the side was one thing that set this game apart from many other F2P titles and allowed even free to play players to earn some premium content every now and then, if they were good enough at the game. Now this option is gone, which is a terrible change. Makes it way harder to recommend this game to new players, because the reality now is, everything takes ages without premium time and premium vehicles, and you won't ever be able to get those unless you pay up.

And you know what, I am willing to bet the reason for this incredibly stupid change was the Battle Pass, as Gaijin doesn't want people to just be able to earn that without having to trow money at them. "The battle pass will only add things for you, not take anything away", yeah sure, it massively nerfed the warbond shop and now probably also caused the removal of GE wagers, and replaced them with stuff you can mostly only acces by paying. Amazing. One of the worst changes made to the game in years, and these really start piling up over the last couple of months. I've been playing this game for 7 years, and for the most part I think it was a pretty good time. But maybe, that's started to change...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 hours ago, Serpiko82 said:

Golden wagers use(d) to drop out of my huge trophies quite often

Hide contents

which may or may not be related to me never being able to earn any relevant GE sum with them, and basically just stockpiling them in my inventory

After this change, I don't expect premium vehicles to drop with any remotely "good" chance, but nonetheless I guess most players will find SL and universal backups being the most common drops an improvement over rentals. 

Edit: now I wish even more I could sell unused golden wagers in the marketplace. 

that is total nonsens let players have the GE wagers i dont care about premium vehicles that i already owe! i want the freedom to do what i want with my GE from those wagers  

PS: i dont care abouth the backup's there is a warbond for that, i dont care about the 1mil SL coz its farmed in under 4h nor do i care about those prem vehicles  just let the players keep the GE wagers they are hard to do anyway why would you remove them WTF

commander wager.jpg

Edited by I_3oD3_I
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Same for me,that wagers was my only income of random eagles. I know usually was 50-250 eagles but thats better than nothing! Was a small chance (usually the 90% of the time the"prize" was a rental so...) every 15 days!!! why they deleted something useful ? for sure because they want to avoid people buying BP with free eagles,right? How many people can farm enough eagles with them...with luck the chances give me 1 golden wager every 2-3 months :dntknw: but was USEFUL for me!!

The chance for a golden wager was one of the few motivations
that I still have to keep login in WT. Now 1 less

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, Firnen_ said:

Great, another thing about the game that was good is now gone. Being able to make some GE on the side was one thing that set this game apart from many other F2P titles and allowed even free to play players to earn some premium content every now and then, if they were good enough at the game. Now this option is gone, which is a terrible change. Makes it way harder to recommend this game to new players, because the reality now is, everything takes ages without premium time and premium vehicles, and you won't ever be able to get those unless you pay up.

And you know what, I am willing to bet the reason for this incredibly stupid change was the Battle Pass, as Gaijin doesn't want people to just be able to earn that without having to trow money at them. "The battle pass will only add things for you, not take anything away", yeah sure, it massively nerfed the warbond shop and now probably also caused the removal of GE wagers, and replaced them with stuff you can mostly only acces by paying. Amazing. One of the worst changes made to the game in years, and these really start piling up over the last couple of months. I've been playing this game for 7 years, and for the most part I think it was a pretty good time. But maybe, that's started to change...

100% agreed!

now getting GE will be only available if you are pro enough to win tournament but i think this will way will be removed too since every GE income is being removed. So basically the only way to get eagles is to pay for them and we don't like it. Why would you give something to your players or better word would be "customers" and then take it out? this is not fair play in my opinion.

Yes i call my self customer because i was buying GE from store. I wanted buy premium but didnt have enough golden wagers to do it for free. I had to buy GE to get battle pass. But now... i think i am not gonna put any $ into your store because from what i see... this game is becoming truly p2w.

I mentioned Battle pass... Yes this was huge nerf of Warbond shop because now we have to pay for premium vehicles which was free previously... Please tell me why? I enjoyed doing daily to get warbonds in order to get premium vehicles but now... its just grind. i have to log in every day to get stupid points, do over 50 special tasks and other challenges to reach 151 level...

Maybe for once its not that bad but i am 10000000% sure that after this BP there will be another. For example look at other games? there is BP one after another since its good way of income and it creates illusion of having fun.

The other thing are tutorials and GE as reward for completing them. This was probably the first thing for new players who want to try premium. Getting around 300 GE at their beginning is enough to provide premium for 1 day and just try if its worth or not.

Getting 500 gold for invited friend who reached 3rd rank. So now i see there is no point to invite anyone. Yes you can tell me there is still 2500GE for 5th rank but you know what? I believe this will be removed too since as i mentioned at the beginning... You remove every free GE income in order to make us pay. But no... Believe me or not i am not going to pay any $ for this game anymore.

Your every decision nowadays makes this game just worse. Why would you fix glitches we demand to be fixed? NO... its better to add new sounds, change economy! thats what everyone wants!

Or... remove wagers...

I really want competition for War Thunder... since WoT isnt counting...

Maybe this would make them do something we would like to be changed instead of useless stuff

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
medal medal medal