I am currently trying to start small with creating custom units by adding/removing parts from planes. Right now, I am trying to remove the tanks on the side of the Swedish A21-3. Only problem is, I'm following the wiki as it is in the custom unit creation page, and I can't seem to get it right, since the plane doesn't show up in a custom mission with the plane on there. 

My code right now:

include ""#/develop/gameBase/gameData/flightModels/saab_a21a_3.blk"

hideNodes{
    node:t="tank2"
    node:t="tank3"
}

I think I am missing something. If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks again :)

22 hours ago, Evertrolleee said:

I am currently trying to start small with creating custom units by adding/removing parts from planes. Right now, I am trying to remove the tanks on the side of the Swedish A21-3. Only problem is, I'm following the wiki as it is in the custom unit creation page, and I can't seem to get it right, since the plane doesn't show up in a custom mission with the plane on there. 

My code right now:

include ""#/develop/gameBase/gameData/flightModels/saab_a21a_3.blk"

hideNodes{
}

I think I am missing something. If anyone can help, please let me know. Thanks again :)

Check that wiki page again, this method was kinda broken so I had to correct some stuff

https://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Custom_units_creation&oldid=90943#Removing_physical_parts_from_existing_units

It will require some more work and you will need to create a new weapon preset.

Also there's a typo in your code, this line should look like that:

include "#/develop/gameBase/gameData/flightModels/saab_a21a_3.blk"

Basically in your case you will need a code that looks like that:

include "#/develop/gameBase/gameData/flightModels/saab_a21a_3.blk"

"@override:weapon_presets" { preset { name:t="saab_custom"; blk:t="gameData/flightModels/weaponPresets/saab_custom.blk"; } } 

and then in weapon preset file

hideNodes{
}

And you will need to select that weapon preset in the mission file

armada{
    name:t="armada_02"
    tm:m=[[1, 0, 0] [0, 1, 0] [0, 0, 1] [-23326, 400, -7352.3]]
    unit_class:t="custom_saab"
    objLayer:i=1
    closed_waypoints:b=no
    isShipSpline:b=no
    shipTurnRadius:r=100
    weapons:t="saab_custom"  // <--------------------
    bullets0:t=""
    bullets1:t=""
    bullets2:t=""
    bullets3:t=""
    bulletsCount0:i=0
    bulletsCount1:i=0
    bulletsCount2:i=0
    bulletsCount3:i=0
    crewSkillK:r=0

Edited by RideR2
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

Thanks man, looks like it works properly. My next questions on this topic is this.

How can one add/replace weapons on the plane, such as replacing some of the 13.2mm with 20mm cannons, and is it possible?

Is it possible to to play as these custom units? I already own the A21A-3 (plane I'm making a custom unit of). I tried to set the custom aircraft as the player, but every time I try to play the mission, it will just boot me to the mission failed screen. Are they not meant to be played, or it isn't possible?

1 hour ago, Evertrolleee said:

How can one add/replace weapons on the plane, such as replacing some of the 13.2mm with 20mm cannons, and is it possible?

Yes but it would require datamining and I'm not going to post any datamined blk files here, all I can do is just upload this list:

list.txt

and use this code to apply them:

"@override:commonWeapons" { "@override:Weapon[1]" { "@override:blk":t="gameData/weapons/weapon_name.blk"; } } 

I think it should work.

That number next to Weapon indicates the gun number, so basically you should make 4 of them (one line per weapon - [1], [2] etc.).

1 hour ago, Evertrolleee said:

Is it possible to to play as these custom units? I already own the A21A-3 (plane I'm making a custom unit of). I tried to set the custom aircraft as the player, but every time I try to play the mission, it will just boot me to the mission failed screen. Are they not meant to be played, or it isn't possible?

It's not possible.

Edited by RideR2
medal medal medal medal

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 00:21, RideR2 said:

Yes but it would require datamining and I'm not going to post any datamined blk files here, all I can do is just upload this list:

list.txt 273.42 kB · 3 downloads

and use this code to apply them:

"@override:commonWeapons" { "@override:Weapon[1]" { "@override:blk":t="gameData/weapons/weapon_name.blk"; } } 

I think it should work.

That number next to Weapon indicates the gun number, so basically you should make 4 of them (one line per weapon - [1], [2] etc.).

It's not possible.

can you tell me where to find those vromfs files? i could only find the dxp.bin's
nvm im just dumb as xxxx

Edited by gungurbuz