7 minutes ago, BeriY_ said:

On a serious matter, the falcon clone would be at the same BR if not higher, so there is no need.

Will most likely be the same BR as that is how Gaijin does it for SPAA.

For example the British ADATS is inferior to the American one in every way (no cannon, slower, easier to die, no launcher depression...) and both are 10.3.

medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Loongsheep said:

For example the British ADATS is inferior to the American one in every way (no cannon, slower, easier to die, no launcher depression...) and both are 10.3.

Ye, or the Crusader AA MK. I being 4.3 like the Ostwind XD or the M19 being 4.7 like the Ostwind II ...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

10 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

From what I've seen, he's doesn't strike me as a particularly great player.

Or perhaps it is the other way around and you are too good to retain average player perspective. :)

11 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

1) He claims it's the worst stock grind in the game, even though it's got APHE as a Tier I researchable module. The fact that all top-tier MBT's are stuck with HEAT-FS in stock conditions, and that some of them don't even get APFSDS untill Rank III  already disqualifies his statement.

Well, top tier stock HEAT-FS was another questionable (from gameplay perspective, not profit generation) move. Now we are witnessing another one, this time without profit generation part... well, beside Obj 120.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

3) It doesn't even need stock HEAT-FS, stock APHE is just fine and would make it perfectly playable. Furthermore, and I don't think he mentioned this, they need to fix the mantlet so that it is equal to that of the US M48 in protection.

That's massive hyperbolic. Even with M82 APCBC the M48 (and the M46/M47 for that matter) Where absolute nightmares to grind until I got HEAT. Sure if you DO manage to get a sideshot it's practically a guaranteed kill, but that's the point. You often can't get those side shots. Good luck trying to go through anything not a light tank or named Leopard 1 with M82 rounds....

Well tbf the american one has a way stronger mantlet that is 152+82mm (~250mm effective with the angle, Will stop 88mm and 100mm apcbc and sometimes german 128mm) while the german one for some reason has the 82mm part hollow when the gun is looking at you so it doesn't count so it's only 152mm (~170mm effective with the angle)

American:

Spoiler

uMQl00R.jpg

TeOMEPc.jpg

Hd06xgr.jpg

German:

Spoiler

WqCydPA.jpg

C9OIUpw.jpg

S0tT7Bb.jpg

They should fix the german mantlet and make it like the american one and put it at the same br as the american

Cheers

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

3 minutes ago, Anonimo_LLopi said:

They should fix the german mantlet and make it like the american one and put it at the same br as the american

Probably a bug, report it .

3 hours ago, BeriY_ said:

No idea about 7.0 , but I've played UK 7.7 last week.

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.14_-_05.3

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.15_-_05.4

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.10_-_22.1

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.15_-_04.3

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.10_-_22.1

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.09_-_01.1

War_Thunder_Screenshot_2021.01.08_-_00.3

But Germany OP :016:

More or less same for France 7.7, im near 80% win ratio but you know clearly all is a problem of bad germans/soviets teams allies never have undertired or op vehicles ;)

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Loongsheep said:

1.thumb.jpg.4a66edffeec8178052b2d964589c

2.thumb.jpg.4b2ab5828fcd362a539fc8f6be2d

They love doing this. Sgt York = same BR as a slightly slower, less armoured equivalent with worse radar and no proxy fuse

btw, Sgt. York max lock range reduced to 1.5km when?

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, BeriY_ said:

Ok, I have done it:

Spoiler

DsrxWGd.png

(You will be able to click the link if/when they aprove it)

But now if the 170mm effective mantlet get fix to 250mm effective and they also decrease the br to 6.7 it will truly be better than the american one in every way and might even stomp a little bit

Cheers

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

Maybe this will finaly shut up the Wehraboos who constantly whine about allied cold war tanks shooting their precious Tiggers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

1 hour ago, BeriY_ said:

Already done.

Affected vehicle

M48A2 C

Description

Hi,

I noticed that the German M48A2 is missing some mantlet armor.

As you can see, this 82mm part is solid on the US and Chinese M48A1 tanks and provides protection.

The hitcam shows that it has a damage model and interacts with the shell.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.571a00bb3151b843519cc39d

image.thumb.png.bc66eb562a4cc13463627928

On the German vehicle however, this part is hollow.

It has no hitbox, doesn't interact with the shell and thus offers no protection.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.4ccf31f7c4fd4eabbab0d05e

image.thumb.png.335fceec1744d9ea1184abe1

Firing tests using the Pzgr 39/43 of the long 88.

Suggested solution

Give the 82mm armor on the M48A2 C hitbox and armor value like on the US counterpart.

Edited by NoodleCup31

31 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

Maybe this will finaly shut up the Wehraboos who constantly whine about allied cold war tanks shooting their precious Tiggers

Nobody wants the thing moved to 6.7. 

I think allied players complain wayyy more about newer vehicles shooting their vehicles. Just look at the pasta cart hate.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CodyBlues said:

Nobody wants the thing moved to 6.7. 

I think allied players complain wayyy more about newer vehicles shooting their vehicles. Just look at the pasta cart hate.

By newer, you mean US and UK vehicles on other tank trees and blatantly undertiered things like the R3.

medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, ColdMatches said:

Germany has the best SPAA around there and US/UK/USSR have nothing that's good and you want more AA?*

Bar the UK Falcon.

Falcon is pretty much op in an anti-tank role, you see it often successfully berserking around in narrow city maps. You lose tanks in less than a second to its APDS spray. Even Leopard 2's can't shrug this off for more than a few secs. An APDS slinger like this would be welcome, since Gepards just have 40 shots AP. Its very cheap to spawn and thus would be a nice addition for lineups up to 10.7.

Edited by Thodin
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Falcon is pretty much op in an anti-tank role, you see it often successfully berserking around in narrow city maps. You lose tanks in less than a second to its APDS spray. Even Leopard 2's can't shrug this off for more than a few secs. An APDS slinger like this would be welcome, since Gepards just have 40 shots AP. Its very cheap to spawn and thus would be a nice addition for lineups up to 10.7.

Why is the Sidam 25 8.0 and the Falcon 7.3 haha

On 23/01/2021 at 21:22, Taeblamees said:

I have 46% win and 2,7 KD on RakJPz 2. Same BR as Leo 1´. In them I have about the same number of battles as well.

Individual statistics determine nothing, hell, even all players average statistics barely determine anything.

fake news

FAKE NEWS

• Haha 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, LahvanCz said:

Or perhaps it is the other way around and you are too good to retain average player perspective. 

I really don't follow what you're trying to say I'm afraid.

Regardless, SuperKnight333 made this a ''You don't have the game experience required for this discussion'' issue with his argument, not me.

2 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

That's massive hyperbolic. Even with M82 APCBC the M48 (and the M46/M47 for that matter) Where absolute nightmares to grind until I got HEAT.

That's personal preference I suppose, regardless, M82 should easily be sufficient to deal with most targets, given that you're aware of the weakspots.

2 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Sure if you DO manage to get a sideshot it's practically a guaranteed kill, but that's the point. You often can't get those side shots. Good luck trying to go through anything not a light tank or named Leopard 1 with M82 rounds....

I don't see the issue here.

Most vehicles with some armour require aiming for weakspots, why should this suddenly be an issue for the M48?

Nearly everything you face can be frontally knocked out/disabled with APHE.

2 hours ago, BeriY_ said:

We did that, multiple times, across 5 years, across multiple Pattons'.

56 minutes ago, Fallenkezef said:

M41 firing HEAT at 6.3 didn't seem to stop that.

Nor did German mains seem to complain about the R2 T20 on their teams at 3.7.

4 minutes ago, Thodin said:

2 months since this statement:

1096716259_Checkinonemonth.thumb.png.bc9

Spoiler

So when's it finally gonna ''Normalize''?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

t's not even going to help the Object 120, that's how clueless Gaijin is.

The Object 120 is going to face more and more APHE rounds that obliterate it, atleast when it's at APDS/APFSDS territory it might soak up a round every now and then.

At 7.3 it will still be a extremely non-META tank that'll be one-clicked by everything, whilst having inferior damage to nearly everything as well as worse gun handling, worse reload rates, worse protection and worse survivability.

fake news

object 120 gets way better because enemy shells go from 1500-1600 down to 800-1000 m/s more often

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

So when's it finally gonna ''Normalize''?

I bet next patch.

medal

On 22/01/2021 at 23:05, watch_your_fire said:

Ever heard of the US air tree? If Gaijin hated 'murica they wouldn't give them the best jets in the game

you're delusional

Give me a break.

The German Cl-13 Mk.5 dominated top tier jet battles for nearly 2 straight years as the best jet in the game way before they introduced supersonics and AAMs to the game.

Then they added Hunter F.1, it took over as best jet for a while taking out the Tu-4 spam when bombers DMs weren't actually made out of paper.

Then the Vautour IIA  jet bomber with 30mms that also had the best climbrate and pure acceleration over all subsonics... Nothing could catch it.

Then the MiG-19S with insane acceleration and maneuverability over the F-100 counterpart.

Then the Mitsubishi T-2 addition was literal power creep to the max with almost nobody in queue playing MiG-19 or F-100D.

And then the Phantom II and MiG-21s added had their periodic moments of best jets in the game back and forth of received buffs and nerfs

And now everything has went downhill for the entire 8.7 BR bracket when they alsoadded the F-104s, Lightning F.6s and GR.1 Harriers, premium tier V starter jets etc...

Every major and minor nations had their 'Best jet in the game' moment in War Thunder. 

It's not just U.S

Edited by VehicIe
  • Upvote 1
medal

42 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

Nor did German mains seem to complain about the R2 T20 on their teams at 3.7.

Pretty sure they did, because it makes that BR unplayable during events lol

Just now, NoodleCup31 said:

Pretty sure they did, because it makes that BR unplayable during events lol

Dont wasted your time, i still remember when this guy said the Tiger 1 have better gun than Centurion mk1 due the better post pen damage but in other topic said the Leopard 1 have better shell than T-54 becuase more penetration :016:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Flak_Dancer said:

and the blatantly underired UK 7.0 and France 7.3.

Gaijin shoud move up UK 7.0 and reforce Germany between 7.0 and 7.7.

Im sorry but how the heck is are Britain and France undertiered?

12 hours ago, Flak_Dancer said:

Yes of course all is a problem of bad players but fo sure your borderline overpowered British tanks they have nothing to do with it the actual debalce of certain nation.

?????

1 hour ago, Wilhuff_Tarkin_ said:

I don't know what's the deal about it. It's a historilac change. Photo proof that germany used M48 Pattons since 1943.

9jXpppn.jpg

Umner0n.jpg

idk why but holly s*it my sides :lol2:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

16 minutes ago, glock991 said:

Im sorry but how the heck is are Britain and France undertiered?

?????

Are you trolling me or are you living in a cave the last years???

Edited by Flak_Dancer