New BR changes feel incredibly out of touch

9 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

T-64B does have better armor, not that it ever matters.

But why does T64A have better turret armour than T64B? At least protection analysis seems to suggest it.

8 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

No, the T-72B '85 is just as good as the '89, because the kontact-1 coverage is much better than kontact-5. Sure, it won't protect against APFSDS, but you have the exact same weakspots anyway so it doesn't matter.

Would be more protection against the high pen rounds we see coming into the game more and more. The ones between 500 and 600mm of pen.

Edited by Taeblamees
medal

I like how the EBR got a BR adjustment barely a month after being introduced, but the Pak Puma still 3.0 despite being one of the best performing vehicles in the game for the BR.

It is glaringly undertiered when you look at the M18 at 5.7, the EBR moving to 5.0 and the ASU-57 being 4.3.

But somehow, despite of the stupidly high kill and win ratios, being outright better than the ASU-57, having scouting and a similar role to the M18 and outright negating the armor of all heavy tanks between 2.0 and 4.0 effortlessly, being an event vehicles like the EBR, it still 3.0.

That is favoritism plain and simple.

• Upvote 10
medal medal medal medal

I didn't even bother writing in the BR change topic, Gaijin simply doesn't care. The "statistics" they have for those BR changes but never share with us :D.

T80B going to 9.7 , why ? The T72B 1989 got moved to 10.0 some time go without having thermals but Kontakt V, so why should the T80B be 9.7 (despite being better as a Leopard 2A4 which is 10.0)

T20 going to 6.0 , why? It was okay at 5.3 , 5.7 was a stretch and now 6.0 ? 

German M48 C going to 6.7 while the US and Chinese stay at 7.3 :facepalm: 

Centurion MK going to 6.0 lmao, so instead of down tiering the Balck Prince to 5.7 or 5.3 they up tier the Centurion MK 1 for a line up? :lol2:

• Upvote 9
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

51 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

of course it's out of touch

it's handled by algorithm based on statistics Gaijin will not share

It just baffles my mind, they said they wanna be more in touch with the community about BR/Econemy changes, yet they wanna pull this off . (It isn't live yet, so fingers crossed they listen, but we know Gaijin).

4 hours ago, BeriY_ said:

T80B going to 9.7 , why ? The T72B 1989 got moved to 10.0 some time go without having thermals but Kontakt V, so why should the T80B be 9.7 (despite being better as a Leopard 2A4 which is 10.0)

2A4>T-80B>T-72B'89

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

7 hours ago, SlayerMkX said:

I like how the EBR got a BR adjustment barely a month after being introduced, but the Pak Puma still 3.0 despite being one of the best performing vehicles in the game for the BR.

It is glaringly undertiered when you look at the M18 at 5.7, the EBR moving to 5.0 and the ASU-57 being 4.3.

But somehow, despite of the stupidly high kill and win ratios, being outright better than the ASU-57, having scouting and a similar role to the M18 and outright negating the armor of all heavy tanks between 2.0 and 4.0 effortlessly, being an event vehicles like the EBR, it still 3.0.

That is favoritism plain and simple.

Gaijin has little focus on vehicles that aren't top tier or recently introduced. There are a lot of questionable tanks in Low-Tier battles, Gaijoobles just doesn't care a whole lot because that's not where the money is.

medal medal medal medal

23 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

I know it is supposed to be a joke, but the in-game T-64BV and T-80BV are actually both 1985 tanks.

Both got retrofitted with Kontakt-1 ERA.;)

We actually don't have the t80 bv, we have a weird t80 b with Kontakt-1, the bv should have the armor layout from the t64bv

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

M48 in us: slower, no smoke, big weak spot——7’3

M48 in German: Better in all respects

When German kill every opponent( literary EVERYTHING), Gaijin be like: “hey, this be German doesn’t  get  99% win rate, we need fix this”

If this really get in game, by July will be M4A1(75) vs Jagepanther

medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SrNowel59917 said:

We actually don't have the t80 bv, we have a weird t80 b with Kontakt-1, the bv should have the armor layout from the t64bv

Or make is simple - a T-80BV with wrong armor like most tanks in game.

medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Loongsheep said:

Or make is simple - a T-80BV with wrong armor like most tanks in game.

Ah yes because two wrongs = ))))))))

Can't really think of many other tanks that are that blatantly mislabelled. It's like if you unlocked ERA for the Chally 1 and the mod was labelled "Challenger 2"

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

While i cant agree T-80B BR dropped.

T-80B is not as good as Leo 2a4.

You can even argue its prob the worst 10.0

Considering it lacks the armor to protect its other major weakpoints, the lack of survivability.

But dropping its BR is still a mistake.

Its the worst 10.0 but its still a 10.0 material 

Edited by [email protected]
medal

17 hours ago, SlayerMkX said:

That is favoritism plain and simple

I bring you the AEC II... Beats the Puma hands down, and the EBR it holds toe to toe with.  Always at 3.0, rare so never really noticed, yet I'm pushing towards 1000 plays in it because it is awesome to the extreme (And use the Crusader III if you don't have it).  Oh, and I have never really used it at 3.0 to 4.0, only ever in 4.7/5.3/5.7/6.7 (up to 8.0 where you get the next Scout vehicle... since 2.7 if you are not with the Event vehicle!).

This thing could move to 4.0+ and I would not even notice, yet it sits at the same BR it started with.  And I say it is superior to all other Premium Event Lights it shares with purely because it succeeds in holding its own a lot further up the BRs (Never really see the 234/4, BT-7(F-32), nor T18E2, used higher up, though partly due to other options existing in some cases, or the advantages weakening as you get higher).

So, I would not say it is favoritism purely because one even better than the 234/4 or 234/2 has stayed at the same BR, and it is UK!

Oh, and in a non-spam situation, AEC II beats EBR hands down:

Almost same speed where it counts.
4.0 second reload with NO autoloader mechanics/first order racks.
30 smoke grenades to use as and when.
Faster turret traverse.
STABILSER

OK, you can't take on everything frontally at range, but you almost can (funny the AEC II can kill a TIger 1 a lot easier than the Jumbo 75, seriously :facepalm: :D).  A cheap 3.0 that proves Gaijin can't hate the UK that much.

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, BeriY_ said:

Personally i'd say the T80B is better, Leo 2A4 has trash hull and turret armor, the T80B can lol pen it.

To be fair the cheeks of 2A4 are absolutely fantastic, but the sheer size of the mantlet doesn't do them any justice.

Edited by Taeblamees
medal

16 minutes ago, Taeblamees said:

To be fair the cheeks of 2A4 are absolutely fantastic, but the sheer size of the mantlet doesn't do them any justice.

You sure? I don't remember them being good, Mango just punches trough it.

21 minutes ago, Taeblamees said:

To be fair the cheeks of 2A4 are absolutely fantastic,

They are also absolutely phantasy.

And it's a Leopard 2A3 in this configuration anyways.

2A4 is just for marketing purposes

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, BeriY_ said:

They are bugged, that's it.

You get absolute nonsene 480mm when shooting at the front turret but are back to the old value of 390 when shooting the cheek from no angle

Edited by NoodleCup31
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

23 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

They are also absolutely phantasy.

And it's a Leopard 2A3 in this configuration anyways.

2A4 is just for marketing purposes

I know they technically have wrong values. I mean for BR10.0 purposes they'd be good enough, if the mantlet wasn't so big.

27 minutes ago, BeriY_ said:

Dunno, protection analysis shows it shouldn't punch through, at least it did last year.

medal

6 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

Ah yes because two wrongs = ))))))))

Can't really think of many other tanks that are that blatantly mislabelled. It's like if you unlocked ERA for the Chally 1 and the mod was labelled "Challenger 2"

Remember the Challenger 2 (F) before we drowned them with bug reports to fix? NERA modeled as ERA?

Yeah, same case as T-80BV.

medal medal medal