New BR changes feel incredibly out of touch

1 hour ago, watch_your_fire said:

Imagine putting the T-44-100 at the same BR as the T-34-100

More like, why was the T-34-100 at 6.7 in the first place?

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal

39 minutes ago, Thodin said:

It just makes no sense to mix all those different eras into each other. WW2 + Cold War at 6.7 / 6.3  is just iffy. Seperate it. T-64 = T-80 .... umm how about no?

Some vehicles are just bad. Doesn't really matter if you lower their BRs. Like PT-76, which is now 5.3 and annoys WW2 tank players. AND its still just bad for most situations. Do you want to do the same for other HEAT FS slingers, just because they are bad? Using statistics for everything just means we will soon have even more Cold war vehicles in WW2 matches. This kills all immersion and  those vehicles won't even perform better.

the problem has never been that they are cold war vehicles at a BR with WW2 tanks. The problem is that many of the cold war tanks also happen to be newer implementations into WT, and newer implementations usually tend to be more power-creeped. its the difference between correlation and causation. great examples of cold war vehicles balanced at lower BRs include: 

M41 (US and japan)

ASU-57

SU-100P

M4A4 (SA50) (though I don't think it would hurt if it went up to 5.0)

ARL-44 (all)

AMX-13 (FL-10, M24, and 75)

Char 25t

AMX M4

CA Lorraine 

great examples of WW2 vehicles with massive power creep include:

Me 264 (specifically for the first few months after launch, it was 3.7 and at least 6 months if not more to get to 4.7 like it is now)

M8 Chinese(at least before it was an uncommon under-tiered event vehicle, now it is a under-tiered reserve vehicle)

The T-80B stats do suck, but that doesn’t mean it should be moved down. It should left it at 10.0 and the tanks that are clubbing it moved up. Yes, I am another player begging you too expand the freaking BR range, Gaijin. 

Also, it appears this will be another round of BR adjustments where the Chieftain Mk. 10 will be left to suffer at 9.0. And why can’t the T32e1 be moved back to 7.3? It suffers from the regular up tiers where it faces tanks with stabilizers and apfsds.  If the German M48  can be moved to 6.7, the T32 should be able to go back to 7.3.

medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, VehicIe said:

Yeah, didn't you guys know that Germany had time travelling M48 Pattons to fight American WW2 tanks?

Patton Movie: What Tanks are Those? - Off-Topic - World of Tanks official  forum

Historical accuracy confirmed.

#innowayfake

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, VehicIe said:

Yeah, didn't you guys know that Germany had time travelling M48 Pattons to fight American WW2 tanks?

Patton Movie: What Tanks are Those? - Off-Topic - World of Tanks official  forum

Nonsense—Germany developed the M48 late in the war as another miracle weapon. It was only later that the Allied meanies came in and claimed it for themselves...for reals!

At this point, the level of coddling Germany gets is absolutely pathetic—and I say that as a German player myself.

Handouts are not the solution to Germany’s problems, handouts are the problem.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So with T-80B going to 9.7 does anybody want to explain what the point of the T-64B is again? On every metric the T-80B is on par or is flatly superior to its predecessor especially regarding mobility and the access to gen 1 thermals. If you wanted to punt a 10.0 Soviet MBT down to 10.7 again, the T-72B '89 is far less egregious. With the way the base '27B's key armor arrays perform in game, no 9.7 can pen it so slapping K-5 on top doesn't really change much when the rest of the tank is identical.

Also I think the complaints against the JPZ going down are a touch overblown. It's been a running gag for years that this objectively inferior tech tree counterpart to the RU 251 shared the same BR. Casemates, even mobile ones are at a pretty big disadvantage in War Thunder, so I don't really mind seeing that one drop to 6.3.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, NoblemanSwerve said:

So with T-80B going to 9.7 does anybody want to explain what the point of the T-64B is again? On every metric the T-80B is on par or is flatly superior to its predecessor especially regarding mobility and the access to gen 1 thermals. If you wanted to punt a 10.0 Soviet MBT down to 10.7 again, the T-72B '89 is far less egregious. With the way the base '27B's key armor arrays perform in game, no 9.7 can pen it so slapping K-5 on top doesn't really change much when the rest of the tank is identical.

T-64B does have better armor, not that it ever matters.

T-72B 1989 is pretty bad at 10.0, it should have come down instead.

4 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Now if THAT thing manages to become a balance issue I will gift you 10k GE or smth...

You mean the Tank Destroyer that is equivalent to the M56 but suddenly has a lower BR because brainlets couldn't figure out how to use it and keep comparing it to the undertiered R-251?

Sure, Germany has now 2 undertiered HEAT-FS slingers instead of just one.

6 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

338069781_BRchanges.thumb.jpg.a48e8b23dc

• Imagine downtiering the German M48 when it was already the best 7.0 in the game
  • Imagine downtiering the T-80B when the T-72B 1989 is like ten times worse
  • Imagine leaving the T-64A at 9.3 when every single German 9.0 is better
  • Imagine downtiering the Object 120 when the T-54 1949 is like ten times worse
  • Imagine putting the T-44-100 at the same BR as the T-34-100

This has to be the worst round of BR changes yet, and I'm speaking as someone who plays a lot of these newly downtiered vehicles...

And how the hell is the Panther F going to 5.7 but the T20 is moving to 6.0?

Gaijin is double punishing US and UK players again by lowering every German vehicle while raising the BR of US and UK tanks again.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Super Pershing and the Pershing were moved to 6.7, the T25 to 6.3 and the M48 back to 7.7while Gaijin lowers the German tanks even further.

How the hell the T20 is getting a BR raise but the German KV-1C and KV-1B haven't been touched is beyond ridiculous .

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, SlayerMkX said:

And how the hell is the Panther F going to 5.7 but the T20 is moving to 6.0?

Clearly, the T20 is just superior in every metric. Its armor, mobility and firepower are all world class. The US should have stopped developing tanks with the T20. They only reason the M1A2 is currently in service instead of the T20 is because using the T20 would constitute a war crime.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

With no surprise a TOTAL xxxx. Great majority of this vehicules really not need to change BR, and thoses who have a really problems because so high BR for efficacity and constantly uptiered are absent!!! Stupid Gaijin, tired put my money to a game who always want make gift to axis and his precious Soviet! USA, British and French can go in hell  like always and have negative change when Axis/Soviet bonus. Always always the same!!

- Only 7.0/7.7 are ok for allies, the rest is painfull and the worst Matchmaking. I have no pleasure to always be in top 5 of the looser team 8/9 times on 10 battles especially with French 7.7 to 9.0. GO xp a Amx 30 series, AMX10 or ACRA i look you going mad play this BR without stab even without night/thermal for Acra when all soviet/german have the best matchmaking and all fastest, good relaod/ammo and so low BR with magic BMp + cheated planes.

Thx let again Hunter FGa9/F6 to 9.7/10.0 when its equal to 8.7/9.0 to all other nations, thx let 7.7 Sea FAW have a 10.7 need of xp for each upgrade (this problem only exist in allies nations), thx let Patton US at this BR, thx let M60 series at this BR, let Sheriden/starship 8.0 with 18 sec relaod atgm crap when bmp low profile supa fast 7.3 even in germany...the list is so long to do so much work better than this list...

• Upvote 3
medal medal medal

7 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

However, if the rank of t72b1989 is reduced to 9.7, then t72b should also be reduced to 9.3.

No, the T-72B '85 is just as good as the '89, because the kontact-1 coverage is much better than kontact-5. Sure, it won't protect against APFSDS, but you have the exact same weakspots anyway so it doesn't matter.

14 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

However, if the rank of t72b1989 is reduced to 9.7, then t72b should also be reduced to 9.3.

Because the T-72A is at 9.3 too? BRs are compressed like a sardine can inside a sardine can and they won't get decompressed period, it's almost like Gaijin has no intention or incentive to do so.

medal medal medal medal

12 minutes ago, watch_your_fire said:

No, the T-72B '85 is just as good as the '89, because the kontact-1 coverage is much better than kontact-5. Sure, it won't protect against APFSDS, but you have the exact same weakspots anyway so it doesn't matter.

Kontact-5 have better protection against top tier darts when T-72B 89 get uptiered

medal

8 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Kontact-5 have better protection against top tier darts when T-72B 89 get uptiered

You always get one-shot through drivers viewport, doesn't matter if you're in T-72A or T-90A. All I care about with soviet tanks is the mobility, optics and gun handling at this point

9 minutes ago, watch_your_fire said:

You always get one-shot through drivers viewport, doesn't matter if you're in T-72A or T-90A. All I care about with soviet tanks is the mobility, optics and gun handling at this point

So when russian have armor that force ppl to aim, you guys use the same driver port weakspot excuse.

But leopard 2 get impenetrable turret except the manlet that cause secondary spalling when penetrated , you all go "germany armor is too good" geez.

medal

10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

you guys

I play Italy and Germany at top tier too, getting pretty close with my Brits as well. Though I generally avoid 10.7 because the gameplay is meh

So when russian have armor that force ppl to aim, you guys use the same driver port weakspot excuse.

You aim under the gun on all top tier tanks if you want to do reliable damage, barely matters if it's a 2A6 or a T-80U or a Chally 2. It's the same spot on basically all top tier tanks. Only difference is, when you shoot under the barrel on a soviet tank it dies in the first hit, whereas a Leo 2 usually takes two hits.

But leopard 2 get impenetrable turret except the manlet that cause secondary spalling when penetrated , you all go "germany armor is too good" geez.

It's not the armor, it's just that the Leo 2 does everything a top tier tank has to. Good mobility, armor that makes you take half a second to aim, good post-pen survivability, thermals, good gun handling, etc.

Next time my 2A4 takes 5 hits to die I'll be sure to record it, because trust me, that just doesn't happen in a T-72.

Edited by watch_your_fire

Everyone else had to sacrifice something but when it comes to germans, they always gets the best stuff....

Russian T series? crap gun depression, crap reverse great armor. Sometimes Ammo is good.

US Abrams Series? Meh ammo, Dubious armor for its BR (thanks to the germans), Nice speed. Ammo Is only Great on M1A2

German Leo 2 series? Great armor, Great gun, Nice speed, Great Gun Handling.

Does it match the repair cost? No.

Is it harder to get? No.

Is it the current power creep king? Absolutely.

Almost every gun mantlet is a weakspot for many tanks, Germans having their gun mantlet as the only weakspot somehow makes german tanks bad now????

medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, StaszekJones said:

but waaaait, T-64B is ... 9.7 too :D So, T-64B = T-80B ? :D no progress, nice

I know it is supposed to be a joke, but the in-game T-64BV and T-80BV are actually both 1985 tanks.

Both got retrofitted with Kontakt-1 ERA.;)

51 minutes ago, Pexitron said:

Thx let again Hunter FGa9/F6 to 9.7/10.0 when its equal to 8.7/9.0 to all other nations

I know it might not seem so at first glance, but the late Hunters are legit 9.3-9.7 planes and SRAAM makes F.6 a 10.0.

The Hunter has some of the best power retention at turns. They might not have the highest acceleration or top speed, but they can turn tight without dropping much speed.

Even with late Sabres and G.91, they would drop down to ~600km/h after a turn or two with Hunter, which is when you get to destroy them.

It is a plane that takes skill, but those who mastered them would really club 7.7-8.7 if it gets downtiered.

The Venom and Jaguar and Swift F.7 on the other hand can go down.

medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, Loongsheep said:

I know it might not seem so at first glance, but the late Hunters are legit 9.3-9.7 planes and SRAAM makes F.6 a 10.0.

The Hunter has some of the best power retention at turns. They might not have the highest acceleration or top speed, but they can turn tight without dropping much speed.

Even with late Sabres and G.91, they would drop down to ~600km/h after a turn or two with Hunter, which is when you get to destroy them.

It is a plane that takes skill, but those who mastered them would really club 7.7-8.7 if it gets downtiered.

The Venom and Jaguar and Swift F.7 on the other hand can go down.

Hunters are great jets, like you said that MER is just excellent, better than anything else I've flown. They also look the part, Hawker really had some good aesthetics with their aircraft. Shame the F.6 has such a high repair cost.

11 minutes ago, Loongsheep said:

I know it is supposed to be a joke, but the in-game T-64BV and T-80BV are actually both 1985 tanks.

Both got retrofitted with Kontakt-1 ERA.

Even if it isn't particularly competitive at the moment I do love the T-64B. I hope they update it's engine sounds sometime, that old 2017 audio clip that loops every 3 seconds is really annoying.

IRL it's truly an audio experience, lol

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Just because two tanks perform differently doesn't mean they should be at a different BR. Its a matter of how differently they perform. The reasoning you are trying to use is the same reason that the Tiger H1 got pushed to 5.3.