Need help with settings

On 12/02/2021 at 13:08, Amyel said:

My Warthunder

Image result for warthunder full graphic details

Mihail's Warthunder

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Msfs1.00_000.png

E-sport ready!!!!

As if someone said - your opinion is worth ... if you can't get full immersion. Aye, right.

I am using a virtual reality headset.
Crank your resolution high and immerse yourself while glaring at those screen edges.

What do i do with high resolution and a thousand shaders if they make the planes unspottable ?
Explain.

Edited by ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL

Adapt.

Playing Pong in VR is not full immersion.

Unspottable - how dare they paint their planes with colours that make it hard to spot? They should be bright yellow or pink!!

But let's go with official definition:

Cheating in online games is defined as the action of pretending to comply with the rules of the game, while secretly subverting them to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent.

Removals allow the cheater to remove a game's inhibitors or annoyances. These include gun recoil, bullet spread, and obfuscating visual effects. Such removals can significantly decrease a user's skill requirement levels.

You fall in line. Why? Lack of skill? Must of having adventage over other players to play well?
Explain.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

20 minutes ago, Amyel said:

Adapt.

Unspottable - how dare they paint their planes with colours that make it hard to spot? They should be bright yellow or pink!!

Cheating in online games is defined as the action of pretending to comply with the rules of the game, while secretly subverting them to gain an unfair advantage over an opponent.

Removals allow the cheater to remove a game's inhibitors or annoyances. These include gun recoil, bullet spread, and obfuscating visual effects. Such removals can significantly decrease a user's skill requirement levels.

You fall in line. Why? Lack of skill? Must of having adventage over other players to play well?
Explain.

How can be changing one parameter in a config file cheating? You still have to spot the dots, it's not like they have now a red marker above them

29 minutes ago, Amyel said:

Adapt.

Explain.

But let's go with official definition: Who's official definition ? What authority provided this definition ?
Settings are there to be changed because hardware varies across the userbase. 
How can you make the thousands of different hardware configurations provide the exact, same , identical experience ?
You became a hardware expert and graduated from the cheat authority school over night ?

You can put the same exact computer and only change the monitors : 1 monitor will "spot" the plane, the other monitor will not. 
Explain that.

Ah, you can't ?

Now, here i'm providing deep technical tips to improve players performance. 
What are you providing for us ? Nothing. Then shut up. 

Edited by ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL

On 12/02/2021 at 14:08, Amyel said:

My Warthunder

Image result for warthunder full graphic details

Mihail's Warthunder

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/71/Msfs1.00_000.png

E-sport ready!!!!

As if someone said - your opinion is worth ... if you can't get full immersion. Aye, right.

lol xD

anyways I have recently joined the PC MASTER RACE

This me below: 

Image result for pc master race playing

@Amyelhow do I make my game look like that? I have everything on full? What about post FX settings and config to make it even more realistic?

medal

13 minutes ago, AdelWolf said:

how do I make my game look like that? I have everything on full? What about post FX settings and config to make it even more realistic?

It has no purpose in battle unless you want the planes to disappear in the shadows.
Those graphics are to be set when you want to make a video ( usually from replays )

30 minutes ago, ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL said:

It has no purpose in battle unless you want the planes to disappear in the shadows.

I want to handicap myself to make War Thunder gain Sim players. 

• Upvote 1
medal

5 hours ago, AngelPiret said:

How can be changing one parameter in a config file cheating?

You remember people playing ULQ so no bushes or clouds? No cheating as withing game settings - a simple graphic change let them to be more competetive.

And those guys lock game settings to read only to prevent it to be run with the same specification as for every other players - it's not about hardware, but software at this case.
Locking setting file changes mechanics of displaying picture within a game. As at the same time this solution is not available to ALL players in game - it is taking adventage of them.

5 hours ago, AdelWolf said:

What about post FX settings

Does this change mechanics of the game for you?

5 hours ago, ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL said:

shut up.

ahh wovi - d(u)cks as usual.

5 hours ago, ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL said:

i'm providing deep technical tips

HAHA deep. Anyway yet again - as your solution is outwith game spec (cause you have to set file to RO) it is a cheat (unfair adventage over others).

I'm not saying this will not help players (some of them) to be more competetive, but then where we put a line?

One of my students couple of years ago made for his PhD overlay for WT that simply outlined any moving, but not always visible to naked eye, object. Worked perfectly - it's not a cheat and we didn't even had to change game settings.

p.s. you would be surprised how many programmers, analysts, statisticians or hardware designers are playing this game, so don't be such a wovi

medal medal

13 hours ago, Amyel said:

One of my students couple of years ago made for his PhD overlay for WT

Lol, if that's phd material for your university....

13 hours ago, Amyel said:

you would be surprised how many programmers, analysts, statisticians or hardware designers are playing this game, so don't be such a wovi

You are not one of them, unfortunately. (?)

I mean...i built a fully working bot on a game called ragnarock. All hardware based. It took a video stream with a webcam, did some very simple edge detection, made a bunch of decisions and it basically autolevelled the character for me.  Was it cheating ? Yes. The most undetectable of all ( all the processing was done on the external system, linked only by usb to the computer, to send inputs as if it was human...)
But that-s another story.
as a hypothesis, i could gather the flight data from the network source to wich warthunder sends real time information and feed it into my joystick, where i could put some pid controllers to basically have : "instructor" in simulator. That would be cheating ? Yes. Would it be usefull ? Not for good pilots.

Improving visibility in the game, by changing some configuration file, that is not binary encoded, can help a lot the new players that struggle to spot enemies. Again, hardware varies across continents, brands, quality etc, so if we cannot adjust the graphics some will be at an advantage, and some not. That is not fair.

And if we want to go down that route, then, all the overlays that top pilots from rb to sb, use, to gain performance advantage over their enemies ( like wtrti )by displaying flight performances in real time should be illegal and 50% of warthunder base should be banned, including you.

3 hours ago, ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL said:

Lol, if that's phd material for your university...

Only a part of it.

You are not one of them, unfortunately

Yes, i am.

All hardware based. It took a video stream with a webcam, did some very simple edge detection

Sure - hardware based. So you mean it's PHYSICAL detection? Sure YOU are hardware designer, programmer and wovi at the same time., Sure, sure, man.

i could gather the flight data from the network source to wich warthunder sends real time information and feed it into my joystick, where i could put some pid controllers to basically have : "instructor" in simulator.

Already done. We already have autopilot and AI taking its baby steps into aerial combat.

Improving visibility in the game, by changing some configuration file, that is not binary encoded,

Nope, even binary encoded would be fine as long as devs let's you do it. Setting it to read only to prevent game to run within its specification is cheating.

To gain performance advantage over their enemies

This is cheating - no matter how it's been done.

to gain performance advantage over their enemies ( like wtrti )by displaying flight performances in real time should be illegal

But why only this? Running game outwith it's design should also be considered cheating and banned. Especially when some part of player base can't go for that solution.

should be banned, including you.

And i have no clue why you would like to ban me? Not using any software of such sort when i play.

Unlike you.

Edited by Amyel
  • Like 1
medal medal

17 hours ago, Amyel said:

You remember people playing ULQ so no bushes or clouds? No cheating as withing game settings - a simple graphic change let them to be more competetive.

And those guys lock game settings to read only to prevent it to be run with the same specification as for every other players - it's not about hardware, but software at this case.
Locking setting file changes mechanics of displaying picture within a game. As at the same time this solution is not available to ALL players in game - it is taking adventage of them.

Still no cheating

ULQ was no cheating - you were able to set the game running with those parameters using game GIU or launcher.

Locking game out of desinged parameters is.

medal medal

On 11/02/2021 at 22:49, ARHANGHEL_MIHAIL said:

If that,s not enough, you will have to start adjusting postfx options, ingame. 

Set it to polynom

Go to an offline, custom battle. 

Keep adjusting it ( the a,b,c,d,e components), while you look at targets against the ground and the sky.

Try to find something that works for both simultaneously....

Bear i  mind, that, after you find the sweet spot for your monitor with postfx ( it depends on your monitor....everyone is different) .

You will still have to adjust in game, for luminosity ( last parameter), based on time of battle ( morning, noon,evening,night)

I have tested "the mild cheat" og settings in a locked config file. It don't give med much on my pretty nice rig. I quoted the best tip you gave ARCHANGEL_MIHAIL, a very useful tip, maybe the best you gave :-)

• Upvote 1