Centurion MK1 moving to 6.0

5 hours ago, GoddePro said:

can attest to this. Had over 80 battles since the latest update in it and the shell just goes wherever it wants to. the APDS is almost impossible to use at range. I can run through around 10 APDS rounds a foe at range, and up to 30-40 a battle. It's a nightmare. 

The only time I had issues with "17pdr APDS" accuracy was one time, before the APDS buff, at which I shot a Tiger with my Comet at 1.2-1.5km around 15-20 times with the shots landing all over the vehicle and barely dealing any damage to crew and components.

With the current APDS buff you can probably reduce that amount to 5-7 hits at that range. However a Tiger is also a tricky target at that range, since nothing with the same BR except the 17pdr APDS will penetrate it at that range, unless unangled, appart from maybe the 122mm with its very slow reload and lower muzzle velocity. I guess you could also count Soviet and French Panthers, but they are not very common.

I just tested the 17pdr APDS against the Tiger II H in test drive, which is around 1km away. The dispersion seems to be around 1m. The Panthers 75mm firing APCBC, seems to have around 0.6-0.8m dispersion, firing at the KV-2 at around 1km and the T-44 at around 0.7km. Not much of a difference honestly.

Edited by KillaKiwi
medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, KillaKiwi said:

The only time I had issues with "17pdr APDS" accuracy was one time, before the APDS buff, at which I shot a Tiger with my Comet at 1.2-1.5km around 15-20 times with the shots landing all over the vehicle and barely dealing any damage to crew and components.

With the current APDS buff you can probably reduce that amount to 5-7 hits at that range. However a Tiger is also a tricky target at that range, since nothing with the same BR except the 17pdr APDS will penetrate it at that range, unless unangled, appart from maybe the 122mm with its very slow reload and lower muzzle velocity. I guess you could also count Soviet and French Panthers, but they are not very common.

I just tested the 17pdr APDS against the Tiger II H in test drive, which is around 1km away. The dispersion seems to be around 1m. The Panthers 75mm firing APCBC, seems to have around 0.6-0.8m dispersion, firing at the KV-2 at around 1km and the T-44 at around 0.7km. Not much of a difference honestly.

I also recently changed mouse so there is probably some other factors reducing the validity of my own experience

medal medal

As I said a few pages back, the Cent Mk1 being 6.0 isn't really an issue, it is at least as good as any Panther, but with the King Tigers being 6.7 you now face more games against them, which can be a struggle as the 17pdr can only reliably pen the turret front on the KT

The main issue is that it has no line up, and the Black Prince cannot be considered a viable option as its premium which isn't available most of the year. If they brought the Charioteer down to 6.0, where I don't think it would overpowered considering its lack of armour, lack of crew and long reload. The Comet and Challenger are decent backups but there is most definitely space for some new vehicles to flesh out the gap from 5.3 to 6.7. A decent SPAA is needed like the Skink (5.0?) and another few tanks like perhaps the Comet A34 Star (6.0?) Centurion Mk1 with Polsten gun (6.0?) and maybe Cent Mk2 (6.3?), could also chuck in the Humber Hornet (6.0? the warehead is HESH & its MCLOS, so guess how effective it will be...)

Very much doubt Britain will get anything for the next few patches since we were so spoilt with Ixwa Strike...

The reload of the Cent does come into it massively as being able to out reload a Panther can be life or death if you both spaff your first shot (which can easily happen).

Edited by Muzlie
  • Upvote 1
medal medal

14 hours ago, Muzlie said:

A decent SPAA is needed like the Skink (5.0?)

Skink would be 3.7 at best. It's a worse Wirbelwind.

and another few tanks like perhaps the Comet A34 Star (6.0?)

5.7. It's not THAT big a difference. Comets should be 5.3 anyway.

Centurion Mk1 with Polsten gun (6.0?) and maybe Cent Mk2 (6.3?)

Mk2 all depends on whether it as a stab or not. But it should be 6.0 if not, given the Mk1 is a 5.7 tank really. At 6.3 it's going against much more monstrous things.

medal

The Sink could be at 3.7 while the current crusader AA is put down to 3.3 or lower

Comet A34s only real difference is added armor, though I could go at 5.7 while the one we have in game is put back down to 5.3

Seeing the humbler would be nice, give Britain more ATGM vehicles 

One thin is for certain they need to add in the P1 Cent, at 5.7 and have the cent 2 put at 6.0 with the cent 1

I mean Germany gets every variant of the panther and tigers but they skim out on the the centurions 

Edited by Gdsryrox

12 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

I mean Germany gets every variant of the panther and tigers but they skim out on the the centurions 

Panthers:

- Panther A, D, G, F, II (5)

Tigers:

- Tiger I E, H, Fur, Tiger 2 P, H, Diesel, 105 (7)

Centurions:

- Centurion 1, 3, 5/1, 10, AVRE, AX, Strv81 (UK), FV4202, Oliphant 1, 2, Shot (11)

There's certainly enough Centurions, it's more an arguement that the UK needs its 5.3 to 6.3 lines expanded in general and Centurions would be a good fit. :)

medal

51 minutes ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Panthers:

- Panther A, D, G, F, II (5)

Tigers:

- Tiger I E, H, Fur, Tiger 2 P, H, Diesel, 105 (7)

Centurions:

- Centurion 1, 3, 5/1, 10, AVRE, AX, Strv81 (UK), FV4202, Oliphant 1, 2, Shot (11)

There's certainly enough Centurions, it's more an arguement that the UK needs its 5.3 to 6.3 lines expanded in general and Centurions would be a good fit. :)

I can imagine the whines now if we had the 20mm cannon Cent!

There are some options to fill gaps with the pilot models to be fair, one of them had the Comet's 77mm aswell.

The real problem is the only things we built postwar other than the Centurion, Cahrioteer and Conq (excluding experiments and limited prototypes) where armoured cars untill the CVR(T) series.

medal medal

2 hours ago, TheFuzzieOne said:

Centurions:

5/1 and the Strid are prems and half of those are 7.3 so they don't count as their counter parts is the lep

• Upvote 1