Centurion MK1 moving to 6.0

On 04/02/2021 at 09:16, Deranger79 said:

Now the MM is unlocked everything is up in the air.

It isn't though.

They simply added some setups to BRs that didn't need it 

• Confused 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 31/01/2021 at 17:15, Muzlie said:

I am not too precious about it going up to 6.0, it is at least as capable as the Panthers, armour is ok and sabot has its advantages over APHE and disadvantages.

But it has no line up whatsoever here. Gaijin has brought the Leo 1 down to 7.3 to make a line up with the M48, why can’t they do something similar with Briton? Perhaps move the Charioteer down to 6.0 (good gun, good speed, poor reload and paper armour with small crew) that would solve it partially. Also adding the Cent Mk2 or Cent Mk1 with Polsteen... just something to make a bit of a line up between 5.3 and soon to be 7.3...

that's actually a cool idea, the Charioteer could really use a downtier

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, NoodleCup31 said:

It isn't though.

It is. Yesterday I had a couple of games with British 6.0 and was paired with Germany.. my Centurion fighting alongside Tigers and Panthers against US, SW and Russia. IMO nothing below 6.7 should be anything but Allies v Axis.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

It isn't though.

I really have no idea what you are talking about.  From 6.7 down the mixes are random and all can happen.   Have you actually played recently??

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

28 minutes ago, MadukBot said:

IMO nothing below 6.7 should be anything but Allies v Axis.

More like 6.0, after that HEAT FS etc start

• 2 weeks later...

I swear Gaijin is trying to make the british mid tiers unplayable. They move the 6.7 Lineup to 7.3, which is understandable, but then they leave them at 7.3 with 15k SL repair costs? Then they for some reason move the Centurion Mk. 1 to 6.0 where it is practically useless. 

medal

If they keep it at 6.0 they should bring back it's 152 armor turret that it originally had, the current armor is the pre production model. Also they should include the one with the 20mm cannon as a separate vehicle to give Britain a better 5.X to 6.X line up cus at the moment you go from 6.0 up to 7.3 more or less. I expect that as the win rate/kill ratio for British players tank with these new BR their repair prices will slowly come down.

Also another thing I have to note, more of an observation, with the new br increase for their old 6.7 line even further Britain is being paired with axis teams due to the lack of British players at the 5.X-6.X brs.

Edited by Gdsryrox

On 16/02/2021 at 14:56, IllegalLettuce said:

I swear Gaijin is trying to make the british mid tiers unplayable. They move the 6.7 Lineup to 7.3, which is understandable, but then they leave them at 7.3 with 15k SL repair costs? Then they for some reason move the Centurion Mk. 1 to 6.0 where it is practically useless. 

Aye, between 5.3 and 7.0 we can't build a decent lineup

medal medal

2 hours ago, Fallenkezef said:

Aye, between 5.3 and 7.0 we can't build a decent lineup

Not too sure on that, as long as you use backups if you really want to last and reduce SL bills.

5.3: Challenger (+AC), Avenger as backup, Crusader as scout (or AEC II).

5.7 Comets, + Challenger, + scout, + Avenger still viable as flanker.

6.0 Cent + both Comet and Challenger as backup, actually use my BP, + scout.

No good AA but a shed load of CAS that are very good.

Once you have them all spaded and feel comfortable with each style (not brawlers) I find them all decent lineups. Just not the level of some other nations that somehow demand lineups everywhere with no gaps.

6.3, yeah, bit poor as Cent + Chariot + scout are limiting 

6.7 my favourite lineup currently:

FV Barn, Charioteer, Tortoise, scout, CAS/CAP. Teaches me the sit back and think style more than any other I've used in UK.

My theory on most of these is: if you are getting shot at you are playing them wrong.

Edited by Deranger79
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

On 19/02/2021 at 23:04, Deranger79 said:

Not too sure on that, as long as you use backups if you really want to last and reduce SL bills.

5.3: Challenger (+AC), Avenger as backup, Crusader as scout (or AEC II).

5.7 Comets, + Challenger, + scout, + Avenger still viable as flanker.

6.0 Cent + both Comet and Challenger as backup, actually use my BP, + scout.

No good AA but a shed load of CAS that are very good.

Once you have them all spaded and feel comfortable with each style (not brawlers) I find them all decent lineups. Just not the level of some other nations that somehow demand lineups everywhere with no gaps.

6.3, yeah, bit poor as Cent + Chariot + scout are limiting 

6.7 my favourite lineup currently:

FV Barn, Charioteer, Tortoise, scout, CAS/CAP. Teaches me the sit back and think style more than any other I've used in UK.

My theory on most of these is: if you are getting shot at you are playing them wrong.

While in theory decent you have to take into account that axis and Russian players will have a full line up of 5.3 5.7 6.3 and 6.7 tanks while you'll be forced to use lower br tanks and a Strange concoction of one shot TDs which are often hard to use.

Also your lines ups don't account for upteirs, your first one could work, but if you are thrusted into a 6.7 match your avenger won't do much.
Same goes for the 5.7 one you recommended though it might not do as bad, but at that point you mas as well take the cent mk1 but then your guaranteed to be in 6.7 match's almost all the time.

I think the easiest option would just be to add in the dozen of so variations of the centurion (pre Mk3) and fill in the gaps, make is similar to the panther line up

43 minutes ago, Gdsryrox said:

While in theory decent you have to take into account that axis and Russian players will have a full line up of 5.3 5.7 6.3 and 6.7 tanks while you'll be forced to use lower br tanks and a Strange concoction of one shot TDs which are often hard to use.

Also your lines ups don't account for upteirs, your first one could work, but if you are thrusted into a 6.7 match your avenger won't do much.
Same goes for the 5.7 one you recommended though it might not do as bad, but at that point you mas as well take the cent mk1 but then your guaranteed to be in 6.7 match's almost all the time.

I think the easiest option would just be to add in the dozen of so variations of the centurion (pre Mk3) and fill in the gaps, make is similar to the panther line up

Actually I would not use RU lineups as comparison at these BRs... They have overtiered vehicles (T-44s gun!), not many (6.7??), and heavies which aren't exactly ground breaking. They really aren't amazing at these BRs.

Even Germany are limited to some extent, until recently with the M41 or Jp4. Though they get multiple Panthers and Tigers/IIs, so they do have a robust lineup potential (though I'm sure German mains will still complain due to the light/TD situation from the US at 6.7).

The Comet and Challenger have the same gun (re: top pen round) as the Cent, one has a great traverse, the other the extra armour and gun depression. So, in my mind and use the Challenger and Comet (for my own experience I'd have popped up the Chally, not the Comet) are perfectly fine in uptiers.... They face things they can pen on the front UFP, or take out the KTs as easily as the US can. The pen carries the vehicles, albeit wobbly handling and sometimes RNG at range, and at 5.3 they can be killed by everything, so makes not so much difference at 6.7. I find them better than the Cent in uptiers due to their speed. Since I don't brawl, as they aren't good at it, I find they do fine. Which is why I still use the 3.0 to 7.7 uptiers (my TD lineup of 6.7) with pretty good results. You pen EVERYTHING but the Maus as you hit sides, NOT frontal engagements (and if I can do it then I expect others can too).

The Charioteer is also strong due to that gun, to be replaced at 7.0 with the Conway. Of course these are more support in general, but teams need support. Same with the Barn and Tortoise, though with that silly turret the Tort gets bullied too much and more map dependent.

I know I'm a bit over optimistic but it is nowhere near as bad as people make out. With light additions and something like the Cent1+20mm they become more robust. I know people dislike the Comet/Chally, so did I, but I used them when their rounds were atrocious, and now I know how to better use them and don't have the issues others seem to. I have all the unlockable camos on them, even both Comets, so you can see I like them.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm not saying the tanks are bad, and though you can pen easily, against a smart German player (I know, they do exist sometimes, they aren't all wheraboos) a slightly angled panther or tiger tanks can be a challenge where as they can point and click willy nilly since no amount of angling can save your tank. And while I do think the Russians as these BR are quite lack luster my main point is that both the USSR and German tiers have multiple tanks in the 5.4-7 br meaning you can die up to 4 times and still have a 5.3 tanks to break out.

If you take out only the Comet and Chally and die you are forced to use much lower br tanks if you don't want to hop into a plane or AA, similar with the cent 1 now. Also I will note that another major problem is that with the br raise and lack of a goot spread of 5.3-7 tanks there are much fewer brits players in this area and as such be it playing the British line up or Russia or japan and this br the UK seems to be always paired with Axis, meaning panther/tigers no longer have to worry about being out penned at range, unless it's an m18.

Edited by Gdsryrox

12 minutes ago, Gdsryrox said:

Also I will note that another major problem is that with the br raise and lack of a goot spread of 5.3-7 tanks there are much fewer brits players in this area and as such be it playing the British line up or Russia or japan and this br the UK seems to be always paired with Axis,

Yep, noticed this too. Only myself and at most two others, even up to about 6.7.

I have had less DE/IT groupings over 6.0 but the 4.7 seems perpetually linked with them (personally). And although most players at this range are generally "learning" (i.e. grinding to get to TT I presume), I find the Axis less fun to be joined with.... Apart from the current BP spam of that new 4.7.

• Upvote 1

I find being paired with German teams at that BR rather lack luster, I can just sit on a hill and snipe anything, and be almost invulnerable as the Americans and Russian tanks have a hard time penning the turret or the Cent 1 and comet when hull down. Only the IS-2 and Super Pershing have a real change to bounce sabot rounds.

Edited by Gdsryrox

I dunno, this was sort of the last straw for me. I can't even find motivation to play right now even with a battlepass and free stuff. Tried to play today and had absolutely zero fun, each patch it keeps getting worse for british tanks since like late 2018 and each time I complain about there being practically nothing left worth playing and for the first time I got on and literally couldn't find something to play and enjoy. I enjoy the conway but I've been playing that enough I'm bored of it.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

If they added Cuckoo the captured Panther tank, that would be an extra tank at 5.7

Also bringing down the Charioteer to 6.0 would be great and making the BP and Comet premium available again.

Edited by guffers

While that is a neat idea I think it's rather not needed, there are plenty of variants of the Centurion that could easily fit into the 5.7-6.7 range and would not require much working, it's just Gaijin being lazy and not adding them in

7 hours ago, Gdsryrox said:

While that is a neat idea I think it's rather not needed, there are plenty of variants of the Centurion that could easily fit into the 5.7-6.7 range and would not require much working, it's just Gaijin being lazy and not adding them in

It would be an easy tank (The Panther) to put into the game though as it is already fully modeled.

10 hours ago, guffers said:

It would be an easy tank (The Panther) to put into the game though as it is already fully modeled.

Yes it would be easy to put in but it would be a premium while the cent 1 variants and P versions would be part of the main line. Not everyone it going to shell out $50 to buy a British panther

• Upvote 1

I'm still waiting for them to correct the embarrassing pen number of the 17 pounder sabot for them to even justify putting it at 6.0 

On 03/03/2021 at 16:58, guffers said:

If they added Cuckoo the captured Panther tank, that would be an extra tank at 5.7

the game doesn't need more panther spam, the panther spam is already insanely annoying as it is, I don't want more panther spam at 5.7. might as well give literally every nation a panther in that case

• Upvote 1

I completely agree that they should put in more Centurion variants, just thinking the Panther would be a cool premium as German seems to get Premium vehicles of every nation.

Really for these Centurions it should be:

Centurion P16 (Comet's gun)

Comet

Centurion Mk1

Black Prince

Centurion Mk2

A45

Panthers have the armour and the APHE. Centurions have the penetration. There's no reason for them to be above Panthers. Both are about the same mobility.

Edited by TheFuzzieOne
  • Upvote 1
medal