Planned Battle Rating changes - January 2021

cover_facebook_answers_developers_07a5fc

Planned Battle Rating changes - January 2021

To open the Battle Rating changes list in a new tab, click here!

If you think we should make some additional changes or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!
We read all your feedback, so it can take some time to approve your post. Please be sure to stay on topic.

Thanks!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 17
  • Confused 87
  • Sad 7
  • Upvote 3

Switched location with the Panther F which is in the group with the Panther A

I believe that F is supposed to be a G

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 13
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

In my opinion of old player:

Required a up to 11.0 for top Jets BR:

- F-4E (high amount of high capability AAM, actually better turning abilities than F-4C/Mitsubishi F.1)

- F-4EJ (high amount of high capacity AAM, actually better turning abilities than F-4C/Mitsubishi F.1)

- MiG-21bis (high amount of high capability AAM, actually better aircraft in flight caracteristics)

[later] - Mirage-IIIE or Mirage F-1 (Mirage-IIIC has no RWR, no Flares, have a medium amount of high capability AAM) 

[later] - AJS-37 Viggen (J-35D has no Flares, has no RWR, medium amount of Medium capability AAM) 

to get a real balance with up/down-tiered 9.7-10.0 BR brackets. 

Which will permit to send

To 10.7:

- F-4C

- Mirage-IIIC 

- J-35D Draken

- Mitsubishi F.1

- MiG-21 MF/SMT

- J-7II

(actuals 10.7)

To 10.3:

- Latest F-104 variants (G / S) 

(unfit for 10.7 or 10.0 - balancing BR)

To 10.0: 

- MiG-21F13(low amount of missile of low capability , but highly performing in flight caracteristics) 

- MiG-21PFM(low amount of missile of low capability , but highly performing in flight caracteristics) 

- All MiG-19's variants(low amount of missile of low capability, but highly performing in flight caracteristics) 

- J6A (low amount of missile of low capability, but highly performing in flight caracteristics) 

- Q5's(low amount of missile of low capability, but highly performing in flight caracteristics) 

- A-7D (low amount of missile of high/medium capability, having flares, but under performing in flight caracteristics than all subsonics in both max speed and turning abilities) 

- early F-104 A & C variants(low/medium amount of low capability missile, but tremendous max speed and acceleration) 

- BAC Lightning(good aircraft in most of flight performance, low amount of medium capability missile) 

- Jaguar A (low amount of high capability missile, slower than most 10.0 listed aircraft, no flares[for now], worst flight performance than 10.0+)

- Jaguar GR.(low amount of high capability missile, slower than most 10.0 listed aircraft, no flares[for now], worst flight performance than 10.0+)

- T-2(k)(low amount of high capability missile, slower than most 10.0 listed aircraft, no flares[for now], worst flight performance than 10.0+)

To 9.7:

- F3H-2

- Shenyang F5

- MiG-17AS

- Hunter FG.9 & F6(medium amount of SRAAM) 

- F-86 D&K

- G.91YS

- J32B

(mostly aircrafts over but close to Mach1, mostly having afterburner, sharing lot of flight performance than lower BR, having AAM of low capability) 

To 9.3:

- All A-4 variants (the B is good as F86F2, the colt mk12 make good damages to any part of ennemy jets, it have low amount of low capability AAM) 

- Etendard IVM (until it got ccip/radar/AS.30, low amount of low capability AAM)

To 9.0:

- G.91R4 (4x AAM while being nimble and fast aircraft / AGM load) 

- G.91R3 (No AAM but heavy AGM load, and 30mm aircraft making kill with low ammo count) 

- F9F-8 (4x AAM as F3H-2 while being less performing in flight caracteristics) 

(my listing may forgot some aircrafts)

In other hand:

If the H.75A2 we speak about is the French one, it's not necessary. Because of armement of only 4x7.5mm which is very light to compare with a P-40E (6x.50cals)

Oh and: ADD MATCHMAKING TO CHOPPER ONLY MODE. 

Edited by Cpt_Bel_V
Edited for arguments into aircraft list / adding a [later] for further implementation in the game.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8
  • Upvote 73
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So why is the German M48 being lowered to 6.7 while the US one is still at 7.3? :016:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 143

The German M48 should at the very least stay at 7.0 or preferably return to 7.3 in RB alongside the other nations exact same vehicle. If it goes to 6.7 then in a full downtier you will have to face against it in things like the M4A376. It also goes even further to break immersion given you will have the Tiger II(H) and now M48 in the same lineup. The Object 120 also should stay at 7.7 too.

Sturer Emil is a welcome change, it's a poor vehicle for the meta and will still struggle no matter where it is placed. The KV-85 and KV-122 probably deserve a downtier given they are worse versions of the IS series at present.

Lastly the T-80B is a good benchmark for 10.0, I feel it should stay the same as well.

Edited by ItssLuBu
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 102

Hey uh quick question?

The M48A1 is at 7.3.

The German M48A2C, nigh identical to the M48A1, is going to be at 6.7 with BR changes.

How? How?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 93
medal medal medal medal

Moving the MiG-19s and the MiG-21PFM to 9.7 will make them quite useful, but I always have mixed opinions on having supersonic jets at that BR. On one hand they become quite good, but on the other they're too good for subsonic jets like the F-86s, MiG-15s, etc.

You really need to start considering 11.0, regardless of how you think that could affect queue times. To begin with, a more balanced matchmaker attracts more players and lowers queue times anyway.

Edited by EpicBlitzkrieg87
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 71

I just want to point out that the J32B has a higher BR than: 

• all Mig-19 variants

• multiple Mig-21 variants

• all? F-100 variants

• EE lightning

• A7D

This despite it only having aim9b, being sub/transsonic, has low/average acceleration and lack-luster manouverability. And a high repair cost to top it off. Please lower the J32B (or decompress the jet br-brackets)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 59
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Do you guys really think the a MiG-19 and an F-3H deserve the same battle rating? And speaking of adding more insane vehicles like the MiG 19s to 9.7, when are the J32 and G91YS going there? They fit right in.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 6
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Vehicle: ZTZ59D1

Nation: China

Gamemode: Arcade Ground Battles

Suggested change: 9.0 to 8.7

Reasoning: The ZTZ59D1 currently sits at 9.0 battle rating in arcade, while a premium equivalent, or the closest thing to it, the Type 69-IIG, sits at 8.7. What does the ZTZ59D1 have over it? Thermals, but that's about it. It has worse turret traverse, worse ERA protection, and worse sabot penetration. It also sits at 8.7 in realistic and simulator, where its thermals might make a difference, but in arcade, they really do not matter. On top of this, the ZTZ59D1 going to 8.7 would lead to better lineups at that battle rating, increasing the number of people willing to play, and likely pay, for vehicles in the Chinese tree. As it stands however, the ZTZ59D1 is not equivalent with its 9.0 counterparts, and has no other vehicles at 9.0 to support it.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 8
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

T-80B should stay at 10.0.

German M48 should go up to 7.3 (like every other M48 in the game).

Object 120 could easily be 8.0, no way it's 7.3 material.

The EBR should be around 5.7

Edited by BPA_JON
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 32
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

So why is the T29 and US M48 still 7.0 and 7.3 but we're just dropping the BRs of all the German HEAT slingers?

Put the T29 back at 6.7 where it belongs and match the US M48 with the German one, please. There is no reason for the T29 to be above the T34 at all.

Edited by _31420124242011
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 24
medal medal medal medal medal

The Cent MK1 at 6.0 why? The UK will no longer have a 5.7 battle rating. Also the Object 120 at 7.3 what are you thinking? You know that it'll just get spamed out and will be back at 7.7 by the next patch. The German M48 should stay at 7.0 it has heat-fs and good ammo, it just requires a slower approach.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 58

If the Panther Ausf. F will go to 5.7, shouldn't the Panther Ausf. G also be at that BR? If the changes will be implemented like this, the Panther Ausf. G will be the highest BR Panther, while being inferior to both the Panther Ausf. F and Panther Ausf. A.

Imo, it would perhaps make more sense to increase the BR of the Panther Ausf. A to 6.0 or 6.3 (it is by far the best Panther in the game, thanks to the absence of the govenor, while both the Panther Ausf. G and Panther Ausf. F are slower in speed and turret rotation.

This would further make sense, since the Panther Ausf. A will now the the furthest Panther down the medium-tank line in the tech-tree, since it will swap places with the Panther Ausf. F, so a BR of 6.0 or 6.3 would be logical, while the Panther Ausf. G would be reduced to 5.7

Edited by Stuhlfleisch
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal medal medal

RB: The German M48A2C should NOT be any lower as it currently is, it is already better than the US and chinese M48 at a lower br! the tank performs VERY well and should go in the reverse to back to 7.3!

RB: The T80B likewhise should not go any lower than it currently is it easely keeps up with the other 10.0s.

RB: The Object 120 Should also not go down to 7.3 its a VERY effective sniper at 7.7 and compares pretty well in roll to the ATGM vehicles at that BR where range is your best friend and compared to those is much more effective depending on the situation.

RB: EBR (1954) i think you should skip 5.0 and go directly to 5.3 as there it has an actual lineup and would fit very nicely into it. at 5.0 you basicly have no lineup and you would need to uptier the 4.7s up to 5.0 or uptier the EBR to 5.3 anyways! 

Thank you!

• Upvote 50
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

26 minutes ago, Stona said:

cover_facebook_answers_developers_07a5fc

Planned Battle Rating changes - January 2021

To open the Battle Rating changes list in a new tab, click here!

If you think we should make some additional changes or do not agree with listed changes, please support your suggestions with arguments!
We read all your feedback, so it can take some time to approve your post. Please be sure to stay on topic.

Thanks!

I am always pleased to see changes happen. I have couple thing I'd like to suggest though. Panther F is going to 5.7 but Panther G is still 6.0. I don't see why, Panther F is better than G in my experience.

Other thing is with EBR. It is only going to 5.0. I regularly use that vehicle in my 6.3 lineup and it usually performs best from all of them. (CA Lorraine, Amx-13 etc.) 5.3 would be better suitable for it in my opinion so 4.0 vehicles would not have to face it. 5.7-6.3 might be too hard for most players.

• Upvote 5
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Oh boy oh boy oh boy,

some of these BR changes seem good, and some seem rather, strange or illogical to say the least. For a long time, the community has asked for BR decompression, especially at the higher tiers, and yet here you are, wanting to compress it more and make the game for players of the BRs 1.0 lower (meaning by one full BR step lower to the vehicles being lowered) even more less enjoyable. I always tell myself "Gaijin can and will do better" and then you come around the corner with something like that, why? Never cease to amaze me, but in the negative sense of that statement.

During the past year, we had the discussion, twice, to lower the Leopard 2K and the M1 Abrams by one BR step, respectively 9.3 and 9.7 and both times the community was heavily against it. Now you try it again with the T-80B, a tank that is a solid performer, and better than the Leopard 2K, better than the T-72B, better than the T-64B, similar to the M1 Abrams and similar to the Leopard 2A4, better than the AMX-40, better than Challenger Mk.2 and Mk.3, better than ZTZ96A, better than Ariete(P) and similar to the Strv 121...

It is not only bad enough that Germany 9.0 to 9.3 stomps hard enough (btw, I am a German main and find that already disgusting; on a side note, also the M60 AMBT at 9.7 was a bad mistake imo) but now you want USSR 9.7 to stomp everything at 9.7 all the way down to 8.7. Like come on, e.g. a M60A1 RISE (P), Type-74s and other 8.7 tanks fighting a T-80B?!

Since you want to lower the T-80B to 9.7, please go ahead and lower the BR of the aforementioned vehicles as well by one step, so that the compression of the BRs is coherent and would screw over the lower BRs even further /s

Lowering that vehicle (T-80B) to 9.7 is a big mistake.

Same goes for the Object 120 to 7.3 or the M48A2C to 6.7 ... why?! Both vehicles are perfectly fine where they are...

Raising the EBR is welcomed and lowering some of the aircrafts as well, though here I don't understand why the MiG-19 with the AAMs gets lowered as well. And the biggest question mark for me in air is the F-4C Phantom II with its radar guided AAMs lowered to 10.3 oO

So please Gaijin, revise that list and don't commit to some of the changes you have planned, or consider the approach to lock vehicles and matchmakings to their specific ERAs and within that ERA work with BRs, e.g. have a tech tree page for WW2 vehicles and in that work with BRs, same for Cold War and Vietnam War ERA together and then the last the more modern stuff from the 70/80s upwards. There is absolutely no common sense that WW2 tanks face mid to late 50s tanks.

On a very sarcastic note: Why don't we continue and put the T-90A directly to BR 10.0 when you already consider lowering the T-80B to BR 9.7 ...

Edited by Yedidya
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 14
medal medal medal medal medal

in what mind can come the idea that the german m48 (with smokes and better engine ) deserves a battle rating lower than an m46? german players are probably bad , ok , but still this does not justify this br

i ask this change since 2017: swap the br of t26e1 and m26e1 , they are the same tank exept that the t26 is much more armored , and with a t26 u can easly face tiger 2 so deserves a 6.7 br

also the t44-122 is much worse than normal t44 and having the t44-100 at 6.7 now , makes sense moving down it at 6.0

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

I dont understand most of the ground BR changes.

T80B at 9.7? If something must be done with it, it was be uptiering it to 10.3, same with Leopard 2A4, T80 will absolutely murder everything at 9.7.

T20 is hopeless if it meets 7.0, 76 mm is already nearly useless when it meets King Tigers headon and you want it to meet T44s and german M48s?

German M48 is going down why? It is identical to US one and that is 7.3. It should go to 7.3 if anything.

Object 120 and JPZ doesnt need downtier either, you want 6.3 and 5.3 to meet even more things with HEAT-FS?

Panther F goes to 5.7 while T20 goes up? You are telling me that Panther F, that is better in everything other than mobility over T20, is worse tank than T20?

Centurion 1 deserved a uptier for what? For having average Sabot, that needs player to carefully aim for weakpoints like ammo or crew while Panther F most of the time just needs to hit centre mass of Allied tanks?

I dont want to insult anyone from dev team, but these changes logically make no sense.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

T20 should stay at 5.7. At 6.0 the tanks it would be meeting out class it in almost every aspect, except the stabiliser. At 5.7 the tanks it faces are equivalent to the T20. Also, with 149mm pen at 10m, it already struggles to pen things at 5.7. Moving the T20 to 6.0 would only exaggerate the pen issues it faces, and make this currently situational medium tank poor.

• Upvote 19