Repair Time-Cost Mitigation's

Here lately I been hearing a lot of players talking about repair cost and what GJ can due to mitigate repair costs.   Here are my observations.

For one I have noticed that if I have vehicles that are in free repair under one tree ... lets say US ground ... and I switch to US AV or US Fleet my my repairs stop on the vehicles in US ground.   I have to ask the question why?  After all my air crews and my ground crews are different crews correct?   At least for gaining experience and training they appear to be ...  So why not let those vehicles continue to be repaired while I am playing another tree of the same Nation?

In fact why not give players an incentive to stay in the game and playing other modes and other nations?   Why not speed up repair time while players are in a battle or actively playing the game?  The repair time and cost listed on the vehicle info should be the amount of time for repair while the player is logged out but while he is in game and actively playing, the repair time should decrease faster. 

In addition, how about adding RT (Repair Time) bonuses  like the SL bonuses or the RP bonuses that can be used to speed up repair time while playing a match?  These could be awarded in the same way that the other bonuses are currently awarded.

I would even be in favor of giving a RT bonus to players who buy premium time.   I know many will say that these measures wont go far enough in reducing repair Costs or time but we need to start somewhere.

1 hour ago, RockyB85699 said:

So why not let those vehicles continue to be repaired while I am playing another tree of the same Nation?

Designed to highlight an advantage of having multiple nations, and a disadvantage to just focusing on one (while playing another you leave all other nations covering repairs).

You can always speed up repairing through Crew Skills, and Crew Skills force you to keep up to date with the repairs available per Battle Rank.

A vehicle will slowly repair if it is not in your active lineups per nation, though this is about 14 days (there is even a Steam Achievement for it), so it is possible to leave a vehicle (when you have a thousand or so vehicles).

Repair is a huge part of how Gaijin allow for a grinding game rather than a total free ride, otherwise investment would take quite a hit.

I see Premium as SL and RP makers only, not savers.  Crew Skills allow for a reduction in time for Repairs, so reduction already exists and does not add other features to their Premium model (which is pretty good in my mind at half price if you don't mind some investment).

Of course at the level you are at repair times are pretty darn short; not long and a costed one takes anything from 1-5 days, even when an Expert crew (not sure on Aced).

Basically, I doubt they will change much as it is a core mechanic.  It's the poor division of repair costs and their consequences that cause a lot of player grief.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Deranger79 said:

Designed to highlight an advantage of having multiple nations, and a disadvantage to just focusing on one (while playing another you leave all other nations covering repairs).

I forgot about the crew skills having a property for repair skill.   I pretty much thought that was for repairs done during battle instead of repairs in the hanger.    I'm aware that the repair in hanger mechanic is designed to generate developer income as well as  to encourage players to try other nations instead of focusing on only one.  

However I would think that an even greater consideration would be to make sure that more players were actively engaging in battles across all modes  instead of sitting on the sidelines waiting for their high tier favorite vehicle to be repaired.   

Now you are correct in that at my level repairs are not too much of a worry for me.  In fact I have so little free time to devote to WT that a few hours a week is about it for me.    However I do enjoy the game and would like to see it evolve and stay viable.

So my OP was really designed to make some suggestion on how GJ can reduce repair times without completely dismantling a core mechanic and losing revenue as some people seem to be been calling for.