Is a normal bomber actually worth spawning in a mixed battle?

Alright, so i was playing ground battle recently, i was yeeting some T-34's and Shermans when i died. So i spawned my dive bomber. When i was in the air and searching for targets i saw a HUGE line of tanks, holding their positions. Not moving an inch. So i thought; wouldn't it be really cool if i just dropped alot of bombs in a normal bomber? (i got shot down 3 seconds after that by a spitfire but that is not important.)

So i went back to my hanger and equiped my Heinkel 111. I actually never equiped a normal bomber so i was pretty ecxited to see what would happen. Then i noticed that it required 600 spawn points.

I am okey at War Thunder but i think 600 sp is not a thing i can reach in a match, i got many losses when having the heinkel equiped so i swapt it for a bf 109 with a single bomb and suddenly started winning again. 

Is it just coincidence, or are bombers really useless in mixed battles?

Edited by Vincent007_super
This do be pretty light gray text tho
  • Like 1

Full skilled French and german 1.7 Bombers are the strongest Cas in this game nothings can stop them . not from the ground not from the air .an infernal 50 (250) KG bomb massacre if you stay at 1.7 or below.  Dont use Heinkel over 3.0 ~ .....

Arado B , DO 217 Ju 188 or Ju 88 are the better option in higher BR .

Your aircraft should be at about the same level as your tanks.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Dive bombers, light bombers, and frontline bombers are all viable options for ground RB.  The idea behind these is to get in and get out as quickly as possible.  Make a pass or two, and don't bother lingering around.  The longer you stay behind, the higher the chance that SPAA or fighters shoot you down.

Of course, this isn't a catch-all mindset.  Before getting in your bomber, think about the situation and make your judgement from there.

• Are their friendly fighters to keep you covered?
  • How many enemy planes are up right now?  If there aren't any, does the enemy have enough SP to spawn any?
  • What's on the ground?  How many SPAA's are there?  Are most of the enemy tanks behind cover or really close to your teammates?

In general, don't completely overlook bombers.  They have a lot of potential if you use them right.  Ask me anything you want about them.  I've used a couple for my Russian lineups, and I'm actually considering making light bombers my primary form of CAS for other nations.

Edited by False_Swiss
correction