what happen if gaijin ran out of vehicle to add?

so im just curious what will happen after that, will the game population slowly decrease? right now there still alot of plane to be added but tank are close to the end. not a whole lot of new MBT can be added only old ww2 and old mbt maybe. some T.T are closer to the end than some like japan.

• Confused 1
medal

Hopefully they go backwards. But there are so many things they could add they won't be out of things to add for a long time

4 minutes ago, SlayerMkX said:

They might actually fix and balance this game.

For real, a major patch with nothing but bug and game mechanics fixes, proper maps and vehicle balancing would be more welcome than adding vehicles.

I agree

I am among many that wouldn't mind seeing more prototypes being added. All current vehicles are only based on real machines, setup and balanced somewhat after real values. They're still not real, they're only pixels on a screen. Prototypes would be completly fine to have, as long as they would be balanced well. People wouldn't really notice. Because as long as it look like a tank, sound like a tank, behave like a tank, people are going to say it's a tank. Put some wings on anything and people would say it's a plane.

18 minutes ago, SoyGardel said:

they will start to sell more advantages to pay for win.

they already started, by the way.

Like what? Anything that is sold still require player performance for gains.

• Confused 5
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 minutes ago, Arium said:

Like what? Anything that is sold still require player performance for gains.

Not necessary. Tracks blow up constantly by arty when you are not premium, for example. Any arty nearby and your tracks are gone.

Also, every 2 or 3 hits given you get a ricochet.

Your ammo rack explodes even if a fly farts nearby.

Perhaps those are not significant differences. But there are. And I guess there will be much more. Free players are over.

Edited by SoyGardel
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, GajahTerbang123 said:

maybe gaijin will add some fictional tanks,just like wot/b.

This but most likely they'll abandon War Thunder and make a new game dedicated to futuristic fictional vehicles, there'll be no shortage of premiums that way as they can constantly invent new ones and they won't need any justification for why it isn't a researchable vehicle

2 hours ago, SlayerMkX said:

They might actually fix and balance this game.

For real, a major patch with nothing but bug and game mechanics fixes, proper maps and vehicle balancing would be more welcome than adding vehicles.

That doesn't give instant profits unfortunately 

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

24 minutes ago, SoyGardel said:

Not necessary. Tracks blow up constantly by arty when you are not premium, for example. Any arty nearby and your tracks are gone.

Perhaps those are not significant differences. But there are. And I guess there will be much more. Free players are over.

Gotta file a bug report asap then, my premium axx keeps blowing up like anyone else's, this is unacceptable!

If you want to complain about P2W, use a dedicated thread. 

On topic, I guess that when (cuz that's a when, not an if) the pool of viable vehicles will be empty, Gaijin will shift its marketing strategy efforts from squeezing long time players (who already unlocked all) to attracting more new ones and encouraging everyone to play all nations and all trees. 

Edited by Serpiko82
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, SoyGardel said:

I have some unfortunate news for your conspiracy: this is happening to everyone. I am running premium at the moment and seem to spend an awful lot of my time fixing tracks, wondering how shots ricocheted or ghosted and generally shaking my head at RNG.

• Upvote 7
medal medal medal medal

48 minutes ago, SoyGardel said:

At first when your messages are read it seems that you know what you are talking about, then we read your posts about "p2w caterpillars" or your "p2w tests in panzer f1" and all your credibility goes down the drain.
Excuse me for saying it bluntly but you don't know what you're talking about.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Seems everybody’s in the same situation regarding the theory that p2w mechanics far out weights free to play, it’s effecting both Ghost shells, spotting issues, RNG server stability / performance the ease of your tracks falling off after going over some dust. 

Both premium players and player that just play are effected, There’s no such thing as pay to win in this, i would say pay to speed up experience 

premium = pay to grind

free2play = play to grind 

The game as a whole needs a lot of tender care, they have to nail down the main issues of the game for me these are , balance, new servers ( improve performance ) a relook into the new graphics engine for a start, quality of life improvements and bug fixing is what is required.

Edited by Tubby_Vermin
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I hope they do stop adding new stuff.

Maybe then Gaijin will:

1. Fix the badly thought out (some will say broken!) mechanics in this game.
  2. Fix the many bugs in this game.
  3. Pay some attention to their long-standing playerbase, instead of pandering to new recruits.

If anyone reading this played Robocraft, that amazing game that won awards several years in a row, they'll know what I'm on about.

Free Jam (the developers) didn't listen to what their long-term players were saying, pandered to new players, and after a spectacular rise, they went bust and game died. It's now a sorry bugridden mess on Steam, a shell of its former glory.

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify for everyone. Working on adding new vehicles, fixing bugs and a lot of other game related aspects are usually separate people working on separate things. A sound guy doesn't do any 3D modeling, and a modeler is not doing any programming, etc etc. 3D modeling is also likely out-sourced to other companies as well, which other things also can be at times.

Players really need to understand how companies divide their work force into sub-groups, and even within those groups there are different responsibilities. When they are hiring, they are hiring people that can fill a need. They don't pick someone up that "just wanna make a game". 

Here's an example of how it can look. As you can see, there's the CEO, different managers, chiefs, directors, etc. Split further and further into groups focusing on different aspects of the game. A special effects designer will not go and fix sound issues if he has no knowledge about the subject. In very small companies individuals can have multiple responsibilities of course.

game-company-orgchart.jpg

So point of this? Adding new vehicles does not interfere with fixing bugs, or adding new features, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, Arium said:

Just to clarify for everyone. Working on adding new vehicles, fixing bugs and a lot of other game related aspects are usually separate people working on separate things. 

Then they are doing a terrible job. 

We have beeb playing on the same maps and the same game modes for years...

On topic... I support the idea of prototype/blueprints vehicles (P43 and E series come to mind for me), they would fill several TT gaps, or make good mid tier premiums.

Still, I am certain it will take a long time till they run short of actual built vehicles, so I wouldn't put much thought on it...

Edited by QuintusMaximus99

On 21/01/2021 at 08:15, SoyGardel said:

There is no difference in treatment for premium and non premium users for anything you just listed. :facepalm:

medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 21/01/2021 at 03:05, fiuu said:

At first when your messages are read it seems that you know what you are talking about, then we read your posts about "p2w caterpillars" or your "p2w tests in panzer f1" and all your credibility goes down the drain.
Excuse me for saying it bluntly but you don't know what you're talking about.

p2w caterpillars? what are you talking about?

So if I delete all my previous posts my credibility goes up? The logic of your post is totally flawed.

Do not trust me, do your own homework.

This forum is full of gaijin employees trying to shoot messengers...

On 21/01/2021 at 02:39, Serpiko82 said:

If you want to complain about P2W, use a dedicated thread. 

I am not complaining about p2w, I am complaining about exaggerate p2w. Some p2w is fine. A company needs to pay retirement and rich CEOs, but if the balance goes to hell then free players are out.

Edited by SoyGardel
  • Confused 1