I know I'm late to realize this, but why was Alaska removed? I genuinely liked it...

Yes, I know Ground Zero exists, but it never shows up because it's always night, which sucks, and therefore is only played (if ever played at all, cause I only played 2 battles on that map since Hot Tracks was released) at high tier.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

I know I'm late to realize this, but why was Alaska removed? I genuinely liked it...

Yes, I know Ground Zero exists, but it never shows up because it's always night, which sucks, and therefore is only played (if ever played at all, cause I only played 2 battles on that map since Hot Tracks was released) at high tier.

Thoughts?

Don't feel bad I only realized when you said it and the last time I saw it was during the early part of December. Can't say I'm sorry to see it go though.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 hours ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

Guessing more people disliked it 

Thoughts?

good riddance

5 hours ago, PointyPuffin said:

I hope, at some point we will get Volokolamsk back. 

ew

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

6 hours ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

I know I'm late to realize this, but why was Alaska removed?

Uh...no it wasn't...was it?

6 hours ago, PointyPuffin said:

I also got Sweden only once.

I get Sweden EVERY DAY:angry:

7 hours ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

Good, Sweden is a good map 

I get sweden every day too. It is a "good" map...but not one of my favorites...so also a bit wary of why i get it EVERY DAY.

(My lineups are moving from 5.3 to 6.3, so perhaps this is why...)

I actually preferred Alaska...at least it wasnt ALL CITY.

• Upvote 1

I like lil bit more Alaska than that chaotic Sweden map with 0 gameplay design,just streets and corners everywhere XDDDDD
Yesterday i played Ground zero(alaska but worse for gameplay) ...was a nightmare...night+alaska ground zero mode + 1 point mode in the middle of the hole!!! U can understand why a lot of people is banning that map!
Too bad for american desert,is not that bad..."was" a great map to farm caps...there people cap and rush enemy spwns giving u a lot of money for free(like Korea)

BTW when i played Alaska i was playing 8.7 BR vs 9.0 or 9.3 vehicles...maybe around that BR people like more alaska and is not that much banned ("low" BRs 4.7-6.3 alaska and american desert are gone i guess with more people doing bans)
The worse map for me is Middle East so eternal ban from my account and gameplay :)

On 20/01/2021 at 18:38, PointyPuffin said:

I hope, at some point we will get Volokolamsk back. 

Even small Volo was great for mid/low Tier, I have no idea why they took it away.

About Alaska, I haven't played it in weeks. I didn't like it that much.

• Upvote 1
medal medal

17 minutes ago, vTuro24 said:

Don't know why they removed Alaska or American Desert but I wish they'd bring them back even if just to have a bit more map variety.

i hate both , i have both dislike marked and i leave ASAP if i get forced to play it .

bring serios map/mod selector so i can play what i like and you to ...

Edited by Haxburch
medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, vTuro24 said:

Don't know why they removed Alaska or American Desert but I wish they'd bring them back even if just to have a bit more map variety.

do Cargo Port, Advance to the Spawn, Berlin, Abandoned Factory, Stalingrad, Sweden, Middle East, [Dom] Poland, [Dom] Hurtgen and Eastern Europe not have enough buildings, cqc and blind corners for you or smthin

Edited by [email protected]

2 hours ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

drive for 10 minuted to die instantly

Fun fact, it takes 4:30 to drive the length of the Fulda map in an M1A2. People need to get good and stop constantly crying FFS.

On the topic, I liked both the Alaska and American Desert maps. In fact I like all the maps, even the ones that I kind of hate. Constantly playing on maps that suit my playstyle etc. would probably become stale.

2 hours ago, TheKatyusHATman said:

gaijin probably removed them becouse top tier players always cried about close quarter maps, 

I think American Desert or Alaska would be fun at low tier...

medal medal medal

20 hours ago, [email protected] said:

do Cargo Port, Advance to the Spawn, Berlin, Abandoned Factory, Stalingrad, Sweden, Middle East, [Dom] Poland, [Dom] Hurtgen and Eastern Europe not have enough buildings, cqc and blind corners for you or smthin

so what? Alaska and American Desert didn't need to be removed, there's way worse maps in this game such as Vietnam, 38th Parallel, that one Mozdok map where you have line of sight to the enemy spawn from your spawn directly, Fields of Poland (small Poland is fine IMO)...

• Upvote 1

Removed just means temporarily out of circulation. It's bound to be returned in a different season.

Hard to know unless you regularly play every BR on every Nation 24/7 all at once. Though I accept this one currently doesn't show up.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

so what? Alaska and American Desert didn't need to be removed, there's way worse maps in this game such as Vietnam, 38th Parallel, that one Mozdok map where you have line of sight to the enemy spawn from your spawn directly, Fields of Poland (small Poland is fine IMO)...

lmfao dude liking Alaska and American Desert saying what maps are worse, crying over map variety when 99% of map rotation is cqc, the average engagement distance is <400m with blind corners absolutely everywhere 

I will take lane based MOBA **** like Finland, Ash River, 38th, Frozen pAss and spawn to spawn combat over Alaska and US Desert, they were trash (they all are but w/e, I actually like variety of less buildings and blind corners with no cover)

Now remove Sweden, Rhine, Stalingrad, Berlin etc. and I might be able to pretend this is actually a tank game and not Call of Duty with handicaps

4 hours ago, Deranger79 said:

Removed just means temporarily out of circulation. It's bound to be returned in a different season.

Hard to know unless you regularly play every BR on every Nation 24/7 all at once. Though I accept this one currently doesn't show up.

pretty sure they just enabled most maps at most BRs except Fulda, Sands of Sinai, European Province (all the big maps basically) etc. which only show up at higher BRs

yes it's possible to play Port Novorossysk in an Abrams and it's just as stupid as it sounds

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

blind corners absolutely everywhere

play with sound then? or 3rd person peek? or take a different approach? or play with teammates?

I will take lane based MOBA **** like Finland, Ash River, 38th, Frozen pAss and spawn to spawn combat over Alaska and US Desert, they were trash

Okay I...guess, spawn to spawn combat boring as xxxx imo but ight

But I guess some people prefer long engagements to CQC

By the way, if your interest is to hide from G.91s, there's a whole lotta more cover in city maps than open maps ;)

4 minutes ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

But I guess some people prefer long engagements to CQC

Not really a preference but the lack of variety and it having a visible effect on game balance

See:

- [U.S] Vehicles that are good at CQC being repeatedly nerfed and uptiered

- [German] Vehicles that suck at CQC being repeatedly downtiered

- Casemate TDs and ATGM platforms being unplayable most of the time

4 minutes ago, _TheCrimsonKing_ said:

By the way, if your interest is to hide from G.91s, there's a whole lotta more cover in city maps than open maps ;)

recently I've just been taking the Mi-24V with R-60Ms as a first spawn

don't even have to play on the ground and they hide from me

• Like 1