Spitfire´s have ~3t takeoff weight in this BR while the Thyphoon has 6t, its very clear that this wont help in a sustained Dogfight. To be honest i havent flown the Mk.1a in a long time, but i really like to fly out the mk.1b which shouln't be too different (weight/performance wise -> same engine and weight).

Typhoon´s are faster than Spitfires and can turn well at certain speeds, while having the issue of a very bad rollrate at high speed. At the lower BR where the mk.1a sits i think it is worse off in comparison to the Spitfire as most other the planes are really nimble and can evade your shots more easily than from a Spitfire, which makes the later version of the Typhoon at the higher BR more enjoyable to play (when speed is deployed more easily).

At the otherhand you do have a far bigger ammo capacity than a Spitfire and can try to work around your speed (which can be a good training for later on).

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, Noir89 said:

Spitfire´s have ~3t takeoff weight in this BR while the Thyphoon has 6t, its very clear that this wont help in a sustained Dogfight. To be honest i havent flown the Mk.1a in a long time, but i really like to fly out the mk.1b which shouln't be too different (weight/performance wise -> same engine and weight).

Typhoon´s are faster than Spitfires and can turn well at certain speeds, while having the issue of a very bad rollrate at high speed. At the lower BR where the mk.1a sits i think it is worse off in comparison to the Spitfire as most other the planes are really nimble and can evade your shots more easily than from a Spitfire, which makes the later version of the Typhoon at the higher BR more enjoyable to play (when speed is deployed more easily).

At the otherhand you do have a far bigger ammo capacity than a Spitfire and can try to work around your speed (which can be a good training for later on).

whats the best fighting option for the mk.1a since its clearly not suitable for dogfights

At that BR, I used the Typhoon more than the early Spits. The massive ammo capacity made it a good bomber shredder. I also found it good for flying wingman and taking out enemy fighters that weren't watching their six while engaged with friendlies. Just keep away from turning dogfights and keep an eye on the skies above you so you don't get bounced by 109's.

medal

9 minutes ago, MovingtargeT said:

At that BR, I used the Typhoon more than the early Spits. The massive ammo capacity made it a good bomber shredder. I also found it good for flying wingman and taking out enemy fighters that weren't watching their six while engaged with friendlies. Just keep away from turning dogfights and keep an eye on the skies above you so you don't get bounced by 109's.

yea i found out while playing just now that its a good plane for surprisng the enemy and its 12 mgs are actually really good