Cannon breech damage infinite reload

I initially thought this was maybe due to lag but when it started happening consistently I understood something was wrong. Every time my cannon breech gets damaged, no matter the amount, it puts me in a loop of infinite shooting. It isn't just me firing and nothing coming out, I see the shell actually go, disappears in midair, makes me reload for only 1 second, so I try shoot again but the cycle repeats. I heard about failed detonation or something, but this doesn't make me reload the cannon completely while my shell not working, this just looks like lag, whilst not being lag because it can't start lagging every time my cannon breech gets damaged. I am on Ps5.

Furthermore, I was curious wether there was a guide for every part of the tank that gets damaged and the consequences of that part being damaged. 

Thank you guys.

It feels jittery and it's awkward, but that it is a misfire.  If you have parts or if you're in a capture point already taken by your team, repair your tank.  When your breech is damaged, three things can happen:

• The shell fires just fine.
  • A misfire occurs and you have to reload.
  • The shell explodes inside the tank.  The risk for this only gets worse as your breech is damaged further.  I know this risk exists in RB, but if I remember correctly, it doesn't in AB; don't count me on that, though.  When this happens, your tank can be damaged even more (especially in the turret).  Your tank can be outright knocked out from this as if an enemy shell penetrated your turret and exploded from there.

For me and most players, an orange/red/black breech is a no-go.  Don't fire with that unless you have absolutely no other choice.  Get behind cover if you can, pray that your teammates will save you, MG the enemy if they're lightly armored, and repair when your situation is safe.

Edited by False_Swiss
clarity