PaK 43/L71 different performance

It is about the PaK 43/L71 cannon. The Waffelträger and the Nashorn have the same gun and same ammo.

I noticed when I'm shooting at IS-2's that I easily manage to pen the turret with the Waffenträger but struggel to do the same with the Nashorn.

Even on the Test Range I had similar experiences

Protection Analysis is too flawed to give a satisfying awnser.

Do someone of you have the same impression?

8 hours ago, FPPlayer said:

It is about the PaK 43/L71 cannon. The Waffelträger and the Nashorn have the same gun and same ammo.

I noticed when I'm shooting at IS-2's that I easily manage to pen the turret with the Waffenträger but struggel to do the same with the Nashorn.

Maybe the height of the vehicle affecting the angle of the shot?

medal medal medal medal medal

One of the content partners said something like there are minor adjustments of vehicle performance according to their BR/rank. So just having the exact same weapon system in different vehicles doesn't mean it performs exactly the same way. For lower ranked vehicles it might be toned down. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

9 hours ago, FPPlayer said:

Waffentrager is really short and the Nashorn is really tall. It's just your angle that makes one easier to use than the other.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

18 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

Waffentrager is really short and the Nashorn is really tall. It's just your angle that makes one easier to use than the other.

it cant matter that much....can it?

It shouldn't matter. Even if height difference is 2 m at 1000m angle difference is 0,11°, at 500 m 0,22°.

Edited by KH_Alan

1 hour ago, KH_Alan said:

It shouldn't matter. Even if height difference is 2 m at 1000m angle difference is 0,11°, at 500 m 0,22°.

I think he is talking about how the shots connect. So it's probably not an ammunition issue but related to aiming and where the shell actually strikes the IS-2.

On 18/01/2021 at 23:12, Thodin said:

One of the content partners said something like there are minor adjustments of vehicle performance according to their BR/rank. So just having the exact same weapon system in different vehicles doesn't mean it performs exactly the same way. For lower ranked vehicles it might be toned down. 

Sounds logic. The only problem i see is that the gun on both has the same stats. Even the Ammo is the same.