new player having trouble with fliying and dogfights

so im a semi semi new player been playing for a couple of weeks now but im having trouble with fighting air to air im playing usa planes and it seems once a plane locks on to me or gets behind me i cant shake them no matter what i do. i use mouse aim mode but even when i use the keys for moving i still notice an drop in turning power but if i turn off mouse aim i can maneuver how i want but then im all over the place in terms of aim is there a good middle ground i did buy the av-8a put the other planes i do have are the p-51 and even when i see other players play the same stuff they are doing manuvers and turns i just cant seem to pull off and also some how get a masiive speed boost

You aren't going to be outmaneuvering many things in the AV-8. Later tier jet gameplay is a lot different than propeller gameplay.

Other players are probably not turning better than you, they are just starting their turns with more speed, or they are using better trajectories.

Max performance turns bleed speed until reach corner speed where it will stabilize. In order to keep turn rate up you might need to sacrifice altitude.

Part of learning the game is recognizing what planes you can beat in a dogfight and what planes you might have to focus on doing things like out speeding and out-climbing them to make more straight line passes against.

American planes aren't exactly renowned for their dogfighting ability, the majority of USAF aircraft in the game have either average or below average turn rates, which is one of the most important aspects of prop dogfights. You put an inexperienced player in a relatively unmanoeuvrable plane like a P-51 or F4U, and of course we're going to get situations such as the player getting someone on their tail and being unable to shake them off. If you're wanting to get better, I'd recommend looking into reviews and gameplay of the planes you're flying, and also looking into energy fighting, which is what many American planes were designed for, instead of pure turnfighting. Energy fighting is basically the art of abusing an energy (speed/altitude) difference between you and an opponent. 

Plus, as a side note: Don't, just don't buy high tier premiums before you know how to play at least half decently. You'll end up being curb stomped by people that do know how to play, and it can be frustrating for people on your team who have to deal with newbie teams just serving as food for the enemy team. The only exception for this is with premium planes that are/were blatantly over powered (See F-89D, Harrier GR.1), but don't expect to continue doing well in them forever as they'll inevitably be nerfed or power creeped at some point in the future (See Harrier GR.1).

19 hours ago, bootysmaker1000 said:

so im a semi semi new player been playing for a couple of weeks now but im having trouble with fighting air to air im playing usa planes and it seems once a plane locks on to me or gets behind me i cant shake them no matter what i do. i use mouse aim mode but even when i use the keys for moving i still notice an drop in turning power but if i turn off mouse aim i can maneuver how i want but then im all over the place in terms of aim is there a good middle ground i did buy the av-8a put the other planes i do have are the p-51 and even when i see other players play the same stuff they are doing manuvers and turns i just cant seem to pull off and also some how get a masiive speed boost

happens the same to me hahaha

On 17/01/2021 at 23:05, TheFoxInTheBox_ said:

American planes aren't exactly renowned for their dogfighting ability, the majority of USAF aircraft in the game have either average or below average turn rates,

If you want to try turning fights on US planes use Buffalos (Or F3)...other than that, you will have to rely more on firepower (.5 cals are probably the best air weapons in game) and energy tactics (attack, run, turn, attack, repeat)

I have kills on US fighters...but many are from frontal or long range hits. As .5 cals are powerful and carry LOTS of ammo i usually fire a lot and also from far away.

(TBH...i prefer to attack bomber...US planes are great at it)