What's next for top tier ground vehicles?

3 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

True, but in this game armored car seems gimped at top tier with their mobility depends on the terrain more than tracked vehicle.

And does not help the fact their power to weight ratio either lower or just barely over mbt.

Yep, unfortunately.  Even if reality has them climbing impressive inclines with all their tires flat... gaijin likes its vasoline  :/

medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

The problem is...... Everyone else is going to output similar firepower but with actual protection.....

Not true, for the firepower the hitfact mkii has access to a semi-automatic loading system, and blast panels on its ready rack. Also this is Italy we're talking about, when was the normal Ariete's ever considered to have decent protection in game. (even tho they have armour in real life its not reflected in game as of now)  If people want to play with protected vehicle's they can go to the other available nations.

25 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Maybe this will be mobile with a lighter turret?

Yes.

medal medal

18 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

M1A2 SEP.

Leopard 2A7V.

T-90M.

Challenger 2E.

Leclerc série XXI

Type 10.

ZTZ-99A.

Sweden is fine.

RIP Italy.

I think they could add a Strv122 with L55 cause I think 2a7v would have just as good armor and a better gun

14 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

PL-01 

hehe....

Yes

medal

Well if we want to talk only about MBTs Italy is currently developing the Ariete MLU (Mid-Life-Update), so maybe in the future (and for future I mean not before 2022) we'll see a new Ariete in game. But in the meantime we could get the Centauro 2 like someone said earlier. Sure they won't be competitive like a Leopard2A7, but they'll still be the top tier vehicles for Italy. 

medal medal medal

8 hours ago, SaekoB said:

Well Ukraine and Russia are recognized as sovereign nations, Taiwan isn't, the only nations that recognize Taiwan are Belize, Guatemala, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland and Tuvalu, mammoths of soft power, influence and economy. Until this hypocrisy stops from majority of the nations, Taiwan will be a sovereign nation only in words spoken on the internet and behind a fake smile, until majority of the nations, particularly the big and influential ones, find the "balls" to recognize it and not cower in fear from the political and economical consequences of angering China. Taiwan has it rough and will for some more time.   

That was in response to the guy saying the USSR tree can't have Ukrainian vehicles cause of the relations between both countries as of late. 

There's still a decent way to go before Gaijin have run out of tanks to put in the game. There are tons of Russian variants of the T-90 left. US could get the SEP 2/3 and TUSK just on their MBT alone. Germany have the 2A7 and various other 2A6 variants. The rest of the nations...Not so much. But I reckon they can milk it for another two years until they run into "Well...Now what?".

medal

21 hours ago, senzawa said:

Leopard 2A7 alone weights 2.5 tons over the 2A6M+ (which is 62.4 tons) and 2A7V weights about 68 tons, it's fair to say those two have had received newer armour packages and since we've no way of knowing even the name of this new package (perhaps it's just D-tech or no) it's guesstimating 24/7. 2A7V would probably be a bit superior to Strv 122A in though.

The Leopard 2a7+ weighs 68 tons. The 2a7V model shown is almost 65 tons. 

1 minute ago, WolfFang2003 said:

The Leopard 2a7+ weighs 68 tons. The 2a7V model shown is almost 65 tons. 

I've no idea where you're getting this info from, because it's inaccurate to begin with, 2A7+ or rather URBAN weights even more, 2A7V is 67.9 tons precisely.

medal

If I had to take a guess on the next round of top tier additions, its hopefully going to be bringing as many other nations up to the same level as the 2A6. The main reason I say this is that Germany doesn't really get any tanks that hold a substantial improvement(at least from an in game standpoint) over the 2A6 until the 2E, 2A7V, and 2A7+, and I don't believe any of those three tanks will come for a long time.

From my understanding of modern tanks, possible 2A6 counterparts could include:

M1A2 SEPv1 w/ M829A1 or possibly M829A2

T-72B3 UBH (as in game) w/ an improved round, IIRC it can fire up to 3BM60. Or possibly a T-80BVM or T-72B2 which IIRC have full relikt ERA and also can fire up to 3BM60.

Leclerc Serie XXI w/ OFL 120 F1 or possibly OFL 120 F2 possibly a better round(I don't know French projectiles too well)(I went on to google and found out the name of the projectile)

The Strv 122B PLSS seems fine, but I also don't think it would hurt anyone if it did receive Slpprj/M95

No matter what way I look at this, Italy is screwed in the top tier MBT game. At least until more information about supposed newer upgrade packages is released.

I don't really know enough about UK, CHA, or japan tanks to say anything about them

Edited by G3cko873

For Italy there's basically two ways of viewing the issue

1. War Thunder is an MMO and all tech trees need to be broadly comparable, so Italy will need some new top tier tank eventually, likely a Greek Leopard 2(lol I know, but Britain has a Canadian ADATS so anything is possible) or the C2 Ariete which is basically napkin-drawing tier
  2. War Thunder is a realistic action game and Italy's lack of tank development IRL must translate to a lack of top tier presence in game. Basically what did you expect, pick a better faction next time
Edited by watch_your_fire
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Sweden have one more MBT they can add i think.... Or it can be a module for Strv 122 B.

Which is the B plus.

UMfvbHQ.jpg

l2h1Uk5.jpg

medal

4 hours ago, MuricaxSuffers said:

still waiting for puma ifv? Wiesel....
well some ifv better than the BAGEL panzer  

Highly doubt the Wiesel would be better than the Bagel...

All variants carry way too few rounds and 7.62 can pen it.

• Sad 1
medal medal medal

7 hours ago, G3cko873 said:

I

I don't really know enough about UK, CHA, or japan tanks to say anything about them

Britain has been broke since the 90's so we havn't really advanced anything. Chally had several upgrade plans put on hold/cancelled due to costs.

At this point our best bet is to just scrap the bloody thing and buy American or German like we did with the Apache.

medal medal

1 hour ago, Fallenkezef said:

At this point our best bet is to just scrap the bloody thing and buy American or German like we did with the Apache.

Well that's not going to happen as we already are going through with the BAE/Rhinemteal upgrade.

13 hours ago, G3cko873 said:

No matter what way I look at this, Italy is screwed in the top tier MBT game. At least until more information about supposed newer upgrade packages is released

11 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

War Thunder is a realistic action game and Italy's lack of tank development IRL must translate to a lack of top tier presence in game. Basically what did you expect, pick a better faction next time

Ariete Hitfact MK2 

Leonardo M60 upgrade 

+3 Ariete AMV. 
thats 5 tanks, for top tier. So no they’re not screwed. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal

47 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

Ariete Hitfact MK2 

Leonardo M60 upgrade 

+3 Ariete AMV. 
thats 5 tanks, for top tier. So no they’re not screwed. 

And are there even any pictures already available of that Ariete AMV? 

Wasn't that the tank that is due to enter prototype stage in 2021/2022?

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, __Renzo__ said:

Yes and No. 

The pictures for the program IE everything new and a improved that will come to the Ariete is already known, recently pictures of the new transmission and engine have also been shown. Since we know already what’s coming for the tank (such as it getting WAR+PSO to increase protection) its actually not hard to add to the game. The prototypes are being worked on right now, il make a suggestion on them once they’re complete. In the meantime we have 2 other tanks that can get added. 

medal medal

6 hours ago, Fallenkezef said:

Britain has been broke since the 90's so we havn't really advanced anything. Chally had several upgrade plans put on hold/cancelled due to costs.

The CR2 LEP is quite a reality now.

• Confused 1
medal medal medal

6 minutes ago, __Renzo__ said:

None that are confirmed to be AMV, this however has been posted in the Ariete AMV thread;

unknown.png

6 minutes ago, __Renzo__ said:

Yes, more so than that, it'd be a complete X tank to us as there is nothing known about it, we have more info about Leopard 2A7V which is scheduled to enter service this year than on the AMV.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4
medal

15 minutes ago, senzawa said:

None that are confirmed to be AMV, this however has been posted in the Ariete AMV thread;

That’s not the AMV..... 

Thats the Ariete Hitfact MK2. 

15 minutes ago, senzawa said:

Yes, more so than that, it'd be a complete X tank to us as there is nothing known about it, we have more info about Leopard 2A7V which is scheduled to enter service this year than on the AMV.

Nothing known about it? Do you know what you’re talking about? Maybe nothing known to you but there’s definitely information on it and what the upgrade will consist of. 

Edited by Nicholas_Concu
  • Sad 1
medal medal

47 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

Nothing known about it? Do you know what you’re talking about? Maybe nothing known to you but there’s definitely information on it and what the upgrade will consist of. 

2A5 upgrade was supposed to consist of many more things but it in the end didn't, just because something is "planned" doesn't mean the end product will look like that, but please, since you're such a fanboy that you have to resort to basically insulting me, do feel free to belive in what Dr_Pavel wrote, not that any of those changes are definite and set in stone.

No matter, AMV won't be coming to WT anytime soon, we will prolly see a 2A7V and M1A2C faster than the AMV.

• Confused 4
medal