What's next for top tier ground vehicles?

2 hours ago, Ariesv said:

IIRC, Ukrainian T-84s do actually have a reverse gear, faster than the T-80's even. Plus if you take the Oplot M, the Duplet era will give the hull and turret similar protection to T-90M.

The main problem I have with these tanks (including T-90M) is the welded turret is probably gonna end them up with only 4 degrees of gun depression.

Well then T-84 might actually be worth it then

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 hours ago, Thodin said:

Russia can't get ukrainian tanks. This would be redicoulus. For obvious reasons.

Laughs in China having Taiwanese tanks... 

• Haha 1

Just now, watch_your_fire said:

Well then T-84 might actually be worth it then

Here's a very interesting suggestion @Alan_Tovarishch put together. Duplet is nasty stuff, reducing dm33-type apfsds pen by up to 60%.

The 4 reverse gears gives it -35km/h in reverse. It also has neutral steering, CITV, and 40 deg/s turret rotation.

Honestly the only downsides is a potential limitation to 3bm42 ammo and likely -4 degrees gun depression.

Edited by Ariesv
  • Thanks 1
medal medal

6 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

Wouldn't matter. Same drivers hatch weakspot, same lack of real reverse gear. Either add T-90M or add cool prototypes like the Black Eagle, Object 195, or Object 292

The Ukrainian T-84 iirc have actual reverse speed

medal

Considering we have Sweden here with tanks/vehicles they never fielded, but could produce, or borrowed vehicles for neighboring countries, like for instance the CV90105, CV90120, ASRAD-R, and pretty much every other CV90 variant but the 9040C & 9040C with the radar which are actually fielded, we might find similar scenarios for other smaller nations. For example, there's plans for a L50, L55 upgrades for the Type 10, might want to include those two next to the L44 variant, then there's the plan to upgrade the Type 16 to the 120/L44. There's also the 130mm JSW Type 90 prototype etc. etc. I guess other nations explored similar options, I'm sure the French did test/consider a 130mm Leclerc, probably Italians too. China still has about 30+ modern units they could add, UK has some Challenger somewhere, or some other Commonwealth excuse, like Indian units etc. All in all plenty of units/vehicles to add, if we go past the "what was and is currently fielded" of said militaries.  

5 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Laughs in China having Taiwanese tanks... 

Well Ukraine and Russia are recognized as sovereign nations, Taiwan isn't, the only nations that recognize Taiwan are Belize, Guatemala, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland and Tuvalu, mammoths of soft power, influence and economy. Until this hypocrisy stops from majority of the nations, Taiwan will be a sovereign nation only in words spoken on the internet and behind a fake smile, until majority of the nations, particularly the big and influential ones, find the "balls" to recognize it and not cower in fear from the political and economical consequences of angering China. Taiwan has it rough and will for some more time.   

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

38 minutes ago, SaekoB said:

Considering we have Sweden here with tanks/vehicles they never fielded, but could produce, or borrowed vehicles for neighboring countries, like for instance the CV90105, CV90120, ASRAD-R, and pretty much every other CV90 variant but the 9040C & 9040C with the radar which are actually fielded, we might find similar scenarios for other smaller nations. For example, there's plans for a L50, L55 upgrades for the Type 10, might want to include those two next to the L44 variant, then there's the plan to upgrade the Type 16 to the 120/L44. There's also the 130mm JSW Type 90 prototype etc. etc. I guess other nations explored similar options, I'm sure the French did test/consider a 130mm Leclerc, probably Italians too. China still has about 30+ modern units they could add, UK has some Challenger somewhere, or some other Commonwealth excuse, like Indian units etc. All in all plenty of units/vehicles to add, if we go past the "what was and is currently fielded" of said militaries.  

Well Ukraine and Russia are recognized as sovereign nations, Taiwan isn't, the only nations that recognize Taiwan are Belize, Guatemala, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Paraguay, St Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland and Tuvalu, mammoths of soft power, influence and economy. Until this hypocrisy stops from majority of the nations, Taiwan will be a sovereign nation only in words spoken on the internet and behind a fake smile, until majority of the nations, particularly the big and influential ones, find the "balls" to recognize it and not cower in fear from the political and economical consequences of angering China. Taiwan has it rough and will for some more time.   

Iirc the sweden vehicle was either mass produced/ trialed/ and just have one off prototype.

Was the so call planned upgrade you mean for japanese tank have actually tested, built or fitted onto the vehicle yet?

Edited by [email protected]
medal

Best way to add the minor nations tanks would be to have them get into an already existing nation, look at Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India, and South Africa, all these nations unique tanks can be added to Britain, same think could happen for other countries, I mean it has already happened for the Israeli people, their merkava tanks are all being added to us event by event. 

They should probably add these tanks to the current ally of that country 

9 hours ago, Livewyr7 said:

Yeah..  probably.  Can't make the German top tier fight equivalent generation opponents.

Hey, I'm just listing what I expect to be added, not what I want to get added.

14 minutes ago, Conflux59 said:

imagine actually believing Italy is screwed

Spoiler

Ah yes, because these paper-thin, massive profile, limited-by-terrain-type wheeled vehicles are totally more META than a Leopard 2A6, amirite?

Edited by Necrons31467

17 hours ago, God_Slayer_Garou said:

Hey looking at some of the nation's like France, UK and Japan, their tank trees are over (well I mean type 10 could still come in but come on that tank was made in 2012 and it's most likely not heavily armored) we got the challenger for the UK and that tech tree is also over. Same for France. But nations like Germany, USA, and Russia still got more modern MBT's ready to be added to the game while all other nations are gonna get left in the dust. 

Are all other nations top tier MBT's doomed to get uptiered constantly and have to fight an uphill battle? Or is gaijin going to have those tanks not see tanks higher then their BR? 

France is far from over :

Leclerc S XXI (More armor)

Spoiler

1276977867_leclerc_xxi_on_training_field

Leclerc XLR (Even more armor)

Spoiler

77586b11523a002d5c0d9699c116f952.jpg

Leclerc T4 (more armor and a better gun)

Spoiler

lec3.jpg

E-MBT (Mix between a Leclerc and a Leo)

Spoiler

European_main_battle_tank.jpg

and thats only for mbts ...

There is still a tonne of IFV type vehicules, anti tank vehicules ...

Spoiler

9840483e4b79157388b3babaa586f859.jpg

JOgi2oJ.jpg?1

ob_ea6a3c_vbci-t40-nexter.jpg

amx%2010%20hot%2001.jpg

1200px-VAB_Mephisto.JPEG

CkwCOetWgAAPhx7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

Well since some seem to be inclined to believe Italy doesn’t have anything for top tier left, here is a small list I compiled, of my suggestions I’ve made, it would be nice of you guys to go support them by voting and commenting on them.  (B1 Draco and Leonardo M60 made by someone else)

• Like 3
medal medal

Just now, [email protected] said:

It's not about whats left

it's about the next wave/gen of  main battle tanks  

As you can see on the list, there's 2 MBT's that have been suggested, there's at least 3 more Ariete's that in theory could be also suggested, however im putting off suggesting it until more info comes out on them. 

medal medal

1 hour ago, Conflux59 said:

I'm sorry I thought the title of this thread was the next step for top tier vehicles

Hey, you responded with a remark that concerns their competitiveness.

Italy is screwed when it comes to remaining competitive, the stuff that can still be implemented won't compete with a Leopard 2A7V.

Edited by Necrons31467

1 minute ago, Necrons31467 said:

Hey, you turned it into a competitive thing.

Italy is screwed

clearly...

1 hour ago, Necrons31467 said:

Ah yes, because these paper-thin, massive profile, limited-by-terrain-type wheeled vehicles are totally more META than a Leopard 2A6, amirite?

Look to thy own self first. 

I don't care about META or otherwise, nor is this thread about META, it's about the "What's next."  In fact you made it into something akin to being "competitive."

I simply said Italy isn't screwed and posted 1 example.

medal medal medal

14 minutes ago, Conflux59 said:

that's a strange way to say " What's next for top tier ground vehicles?"

To be fair, the only 10.7 ground vehicle we have in game is mbt.

And the first post by OP only mentioned mbt

Edited by [email protected]
medal

2 minutes ago, Conflux59 said:

I don't care about META or otherwise, nor is this thread about META,

it's about the "What's next."  In fact you made it into something akin to being "competitive."

egferh.png.ca1dc94e30111a90c33947143168f

''Are all other nations top tier MBT's doomed to get uptiered constantly and have to fight an uphill battle?''

- God_Slayer_Garou  (the original poster)

17 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

An Ariete with a Centauro turret and another M60?

Yes. Its not as simple as you think it is, if you go unto the suggestions, there're actually capable of putting out some serious damage. 

medal medal

4 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

Yes. Its not as simple as you think it is, if you go unto the suggestions, there're actually capable of putting out some serious damage. 

The problem is...... Everyone else is going to output similar firepower but with actual protection.....

Maybe this will be mobile with a lighter turret?

medal

8 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

To be fair, the only 10.7 ground vehicle we have in game is mbt.

This is true.  To be fair if the B2 was put in, there's no way it wouldn't be 10.7.

At least speaking in terms of future top tier ground vehicles, there would be one.

Call it "light tank" or "tank destroyer" or whatever titles or semantics you so choose.  It's armored and has a mbt tank turret on it.  Only difference is it's not tracked.

medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Conflux59 said:

This is true.  To be fair if the B2 was put in, there's no way it wouldn't be 10.7.

At least speaking in terms of future top tier ground vehicles, there would be one.

Call it "light tank" or "tank destroyer" or whatever titles or semantics you so choose.  It's armored and has a mbt tank turret on it.  Only difference is it's not tracked.

True, but in this game armored car seems gimped at top tier with their mobility depends on the terrain more than tracked vehicle.

And does not help the fact their power to weight ratio either lower or just barely over mbt.

medal