What's next for top tier ground vehicles?

Hey looking at some of the nation's like France, UK and Japan, their tank trees are over (well I mean type 10 could still come in but come on that tank was made in 2012 and it's most likely not heavily armored) we got the challenger for the UK and that tech tree is also over. Same for France. But nations like Germany, USA, and Russia still got more modern MBT's ready to be added to the game while all other nations are gonna get left in the dust. 

Are all other nations top tier MBT's doomed to get uptiered constantly and have to fight an uphill battle? Or is gaijin going to have those tanks not see tanks higher then their BR? 

I think we're nearing the end of new stuff if Gaijin continues their policy of trying to get something resembling a good source to support their (specifically armor related) values. US, Germany, and Soviets will probably end up with M1A2 SEPV1 or 2, Leopard 2a6M, and T-90M respectively since it isn't *to* hard to get a good guess for those vehicles based on available sources (past that you're getting into solid fantasy territory since I don't think there is anything approaching a Swedish Trials type source for newer vehicles). As far as minor nations go there are more Chally 2, Leclerc, Type 90 (Type 10 may be too new), (presumably) Ariete, Strv 122, and ZTZ 99 variants that can be added and are fairly minor upgrades compared to the vehicles in-game. These vehicles' main improvement over their predecessors will probably be mostly in the firepower department via dm53-like rounds.

medal medal

1 hour ago, God_Slayer_Garou said:

Hey looking at some of the nation's like France, UK and Japan, their tank trees are over (well I mean type 10 could still come in but come on that tank was made in 2012

service dates really aren't an issue when we have things like the T-72B3 UBH, Type 16 and BMP-2M

and it's most likely not heavily armored)

oh boy

repost this comment in the japanese section ))

we got the challenger for the UK and that tech tree is also over. Same for France. But nations like Germany, USA, and Russia still got more modern MBT's ready to be added to the game while all other nations are gonna get left in the dust. 

Italy is omega level ****ed

UK still has the Challenger 2E (more meta) and whatever kit Megatron is currently using (not so meta)

idk about France

39 minutes ago, Ariesv said:

I think we're nearing the end of new stuff if Gaijin continues their policy of trying to get something resembling a good source to support their (specifically armor related) values. US, Germany, and Soviets will probably end up with M1A2 SEPV1 or 2, Leopard 2a6M, and T-90M respectively since it isn't *to* hard to get a good guess for those vehicles based on available sources (past that you're getting into solid fantasy territory since I don't think there is anything approaching a Swedish Trials type source for newer vehicles).

we've long since wandered into guesstimates.

As far as minor nations go there are more Chally 2, Leclerc, Type 90 (Type 10 may be too new), (presumably) Ariete, Strv 122, and ZTZ 99 variants that can be added and are fairly minor upgrades compared to the vehicles in-game.

Type 90s are exhausted, Leclerc there's only the AZUR kit afaik which would only really be a cosmetic/3rd MBT spawn, Swedish MBTs are exhausted, I wouldn't call the ZTZ99A a minor upgrade.

These vehicles' main improvement over their predecessors will probably be mostly in the firepower department via dm53-like rounds.

If there's one positive to take away from the Leopard 2A6s introduction it's that penetration values have ultimately peaked. I seriously doubt anything will be introduced now with more firepower, even now the round is held back as the code for its heavy ERA countering isn't active, and if/when it is activated the T-90M moves from "likely" to "required".

TL;DR: Powercreep.

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Thodin said:

Like to see the Leopard II PSO with additional protection and remote controlled weapon station on the turret.

Don't you worry about Germany, they got more toys that are coming. 

4 minutes ago, VIT2002 said:

Most likely some additions to the US top tier, considering that USSR and GER already recieved some high tier toys in previous updates(if talking about the big three)

Only addition to the US tech tree would be the M1A2C as far as I know.

56 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

service dates really aren't an issue when we have things like the T-72B3 UBH, Type 16 and BMP-2M

True true.

58 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Powercreep

Yup powercreep is already showing its head

25 minutes ago, Necrons31467 said:

M1A2 SEP.

Leopard 2A7V.

T-90M.

Challenger 2E.

Leclerc série XXI

Type 10.

ZTZ-99A.

Sweden is fine.

RIP Italy.

Gaijn could literally add any Leopard 2 variant by KMW to Germany and there wouldn't be a fuss because it would be hypocrisy. I would rather wait on the Leopard 2a7V because it is too far. I would rather have a better backup or 2a5 equal like the 2a4M. The best armored German leopard 2 they could add is the 2a7+ or the 2a7 PSO. The only armor differences between the 2a7V, 2a7+, and 2a7 PSO are mostly addon armor like AMAP and other composite blocks. They don't even have to add a mbt when they could add a good German ifv (puma)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, WolfFang2003 said:

Gaijn could literally add any Leopard 2 variant by KMW to Germany and there wouldn't be a fuss because it would be hypocrisy. I would rather wait on the Leopard 2a7V because it is too far. I would rather have a better backup or 2a5 equal like the 2a4M. The best armored German leopard 2 they could add is the 2a7+ or the 2a7 PSO. The only armor differences between the 2a7V, 2a7+, and 2a7 PSO are mostly addon armor like AMAP and other composite blocks. They don't even have to add a mbt when they could add a good German ifv (puma)

Leopard 2A7 alone weights 2.5 tons over the 2A6M+ (which is 62.4 tons) and 2A7V weights about 68 tons, it's fair to say those two have had received newer armour packages and since we've no way of knowing even the name of this new package (perhaps it's just D-tech or no) it's guesstimating 24/7. 2A7V would probably be a bit superior to Strv 122A in though.

Edited by senzawa
medal

14 minutes ago, God_Slayer_Garou said:

It is also possible to get the Ukrainian versions of the soviet vehicles with the Ukraine ERA blocks since there is some data available on them 

Wouldn't matter. Same drivers hatch weakspot, same lack of real reverse gear. Either add T-90M or add cool prototypes like the Black Eagle, Object 195, or Object 292

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

33 minutes ago, watch_your_fire said:

Wouldn't matter. Same drivers hatch weakspot, same lack of real reverse gear. Either add T-90M or add cool prototypes like the Black Eagle, Object 195, or Object 292

It does matter tho, if you are hulldown.

The stealth leopard could be added, it is built and in a tank museum if you are looking for a cool prototype 

Edit, don't forget the hard kill system 

Edited by God_Slayer_Garou

5 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Italy is omega level ****ed

2 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

RIP Italy.

Seems like you guys could use some time to check out a lot of suggestions I’ve made for new Italian top tier vehicles, and yes, there are tanks. 

medal medal

IIRC, Ukrainian T-84s do actually have a reverse gear, faster than the T-80's even. Plus if you take the Oplot M, the Duplet era will give the hull and turret similar protection to T-90M.

The main problem I have with these tanks (including T-90M) is the welded turret is probably gonna end them up with only 4 degrees of gun depression.

medal medal

Merge the minor nations into the big three then move on from there. Would be nice to see some of the post soviet state MBT's like the Oplot or the T-72 Moderna. Would also like to see some of the other M60 SLEP's. 

40 minutes ago, Nicholas_Concu said:

Seems like you guys could use some time to check out a lot of suggestions I’ve made for new Italian top tier vehicles, and yes, there are tanks. 

anything that matches a 2A6 or better?

16 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Russia can't get ukrainian tanks. This would be redicoulus. For obvious reasons.

wont stop people suggesting it

like japan getting south korean mbts

8 minutes ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Merge the minor nations into the big three

no thanks

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

M1A2 SEP. 1998

Leopard 2A7V.  Being tested as of 2020

T-90M.

Challenger 2E.

Leclerc série XXI

Type 10.

ZTZ-99A.

Sweden is fine.

RIP Italy.

Yeah..  probably.  Can't make the German top tier fight equivalent generation opponents.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

M1A2 SEP.

Leopard 2A7V.

T-90M.   T-14 Armata

Challenger 2E.

Leclerc série XXI

Type 10.

ZTZ-99A.

Sweden is fine.

RIP Italy.

Fixed /s

Edited by ColdMatches
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Thodin said:

Russia can't get ukrainian tanks. This would be redicoulus. For obvious reasons.

Good thing we don't have a Russian tech tree then. It's a Soviet tech tree. Ukraine is a former member nation of the Soviet Union.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal