similar-aircraft random-battle dueling mode for SB

Do you want such a mode to be added to the game?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want such a mode to be added to the game?

I suggest adding a new SB game mode:

1- It will be a "random battle" game mode, so you will be fighting (and teamed up with) random people.
2- It will be in 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 setups. you will choose which setup you want to participate in.
in 2v2 and 4v4 setups, you can join as a squad. if you join alone or join 4v4 with a squad that has less than 4 people, you will be teamed up with random people.
3- It will be based on similar aircarfts: everybody in the match will be using the exact same aircraft, i.e. the matchmaker will put people who have queued with that particular aircraft in the same match. and that will be the aircraft that you currently have selected in the hanger, when you join the matchmaking queue (similar to air RB).
4- It will be based on especial "duelling" mode and maps. this does NOT require development of new mode and maps, because those mode and maps are already in the game, and are used for tss.warthunder.com SB tournaments.
5- It will be a purely Air-to-Air combat mode.

Why do we need this? how would this benefit SB players?

This will provide a very balanced and enjoyable game mode for people who are interested in simulated Air-to-Air combat, to improve their air combat skills.

Why not just play EC?

1- EC matches are 3 hour long and due to time constraints many people are lured away from such long battles. matches in this game mode will last less than 10-15 minutes and people can play them very casually even if they only have 30 minutes to play.
2- EC is focused on and centred around bombing, and killing AI bombers and AI ground units. for many if not most people who are interested in air-to-air combat, bombing and killing AI bombers isn't very fun. this game mode will be purely about air-to-air combat against actual players. (like TSS tournaments, the objective will be to either kill the enemy players or push them out of the cap zone in the centre of the map)
3- Since this is a random battle, it will be free of abusers. unlike EC, where people can join both sides of the same match with their friends or using alt accounts and ruin the game play for others.
4- EC matches need more people to start and play: even though you can start an EC match with 2 players on each side, EC maps are designed for a high number of players, and playing with just 2 people on each side on a large map makes it a boring and "dead" match. but in this game mode, you can start and play an "action packed" match with just 1 player on each side.
5- Since this game mode is based on similar aircarfts, popular or "spammed" vehicles or nations won't cause any problem with the matchmaking.

Why not just participate in TSS SB tournaments?

1- Flexibility and availability: Tournaments are not that frequent and also consist of multiple rounds and battles. continuously playing for several hours and participating in multiple matches that happen at set dates and times (which might be past mid-night in some time-zones) isn't possible for a lot of people and lures people away. but since this game mode will be very flexible in terms of the time and duration of playing, like RB & AB random battles, even casual players who just have 30 minutes of free time to play the game can play and enjoy this game mode, without the need to wake up in the middle of the night and stay up for several hours to participate in a match.
2- Progression: People like to progress in the game and unlock and try out new vehicles. Tournaments happen in custom battles and don't count toward progression and this lures a lot of people away. since this game mode will be "random battle", it will reward players with SL and RP and count toward progression.
the economy (repair costs and SL & RP multipliers) can be initially based on ground SB, and tweaked later at dev's discretion.
3- Inclusion and diversity: Tournaments are based on a very limited number of aircrafts. many aircrafts are never playable in tournaments. while in this game mode you will be able to play any aircarft that at least one other person also wants to play.
4- This mode will also provide an easily and publicly accessible practice ground for players who want to practice and improve their skills, to participate in TSS tournaments.

How would this benefit gaijin?

This will promote the game and expand its player base by providing a game mode for people who are interested in simulated action-packed air-to-air combat against similarly capable aircrafts and skilled pilots.

Edited by sudo__su
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10
medal medal medal

Open for discussion. :salute:

• Upvote 5

Oh cool, I also made the same suggestion, This got approved first . . so thats great.

Yes and Yes . . . we really need this mode.

There is some additional info in this topic also and some poll info

1 vs 1 Practice Game mode - Air Battles - War Thunder - Official Forum

Please give us this 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal

Absolutely brilliant idea. Any dueling thing with in game rewards would be great- like the 2v2 Duelist weekend we had last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

Fmo there should be some more additions

• Only standard skins,
    There is a chance that marketplace skins, will either render black or totally invisible except the pilot, canopy, propeller and wing votices
  • Preferably long crew locks for players who quit the duel instantly
    I assume (and I hope not) this mod will be niche within SB community, players might sometimes might wait long queues.
  • Weekly (or daily) rotation of the available aircraft,
    Many great tournament aircraft slowly disappeared from the tournaments and it became series of 109s only. We used to duel in T1-T6 aircraft even in twin engines (from D.500s to Mig-15s) I'd certainly like a bit more color than what we have now.

Apart from these I agree with OP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
medal medal medal

Yes, such mode is must-have for game like WT.

I'm pretty sure it will be popular among squads.

Important features to have:

• 1v1, 2v2, 4v4
  • Player's rating (Elo would be ok)
  • Squad's rating

On 19/01/2021 at 15:22, _Thrash_ said:
  • Only standard skins,

Customization options are "must have". You probably talking about "invisible plane" texture bug - but that's not the reason to remove paid customization from f2p game.

Edited by HOPPING_PONY
  • Upvote 5
medal

On 16/01/2021 at 03:44, AliBaba_EC78WHEN said:

... against similarly capable aircrafts ...

For competitive gameplay both team's aircrafts should be the same.

This will require some kind of rotation in those battles - changing event's aircraft each day or once in a few hours for example.

• Upvote 1
medal

On 19/01/2021 at 14:17, _Reddot said:

Please also AB and RB

There it is already like that. It is not a 1vs1, or 2vs2 ... etc but on the whole already like that. A number of players on each side, take flight, fight and duel each other I want a way with goals to do, like IL2, and EC comes close to that Just an opinion

Just now, Cayari said:

There it is already like that. It is not a 1vs1, or 2vs2 ... etc but on the whole already like that. A number of players on each side, take flight, fight and duel each other I want a way with goals to do, like IL2, and EC comes close to that Just an opinion

It isnt, there are ground targets, randomness of planes, too many planes, AAA, landing/repairing/reloading, etc. Having a strictly fighter combat mode without all the nonsense and a better balance linked to some ELO would be a lot better. I know TSS has some of those things, but not everyone can be available at those set times/dates to participate (ie- I can never play in those tourneys due to time restriction)

medal medal medal medal medal medal