hullbreak system Disucssion

Hi everyone i hope you all having a great day!

So i really want to open an discussion on how the war thunder's hullbreak system work? I had an battle hours ago, my t34 (american) i got my hull broken by a German tank, and when the death cam showed the replay of the shot, my damaged tank components is the commander's hatch and the gunner and the loader so i died... so did i die because of shortage of crew or the..hull? i search it down youtube about this hullbreak, and i was surprised found dozenz of videos about something wrong the hullbreak system, either the death cam replay is not accraute? or the hullbreak system is broken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yZ1L7Jxsp8

here is an sample

medal

T34 is a Heavy Tank and does not have Hull Break. When the death cam plays it will say "Hull Destroyed" (sometimes "Vehicle Burnt Down" but I think Gaijin has fixed the display) if your tank was knocked out via Hull Break.

In your case it was most likely Crew Knockout via APHE.

Edited by [email protected]
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

5 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

T34 is a Heavy Tank and does not have Hull Break. When the death cam plays it will say "Hull Destroyed" (sometimes "Vehicle Burnt Down" but I think Gaijin has fixed the display) if your tank was knocked out via Hull Break.

That i probably lean off, it must be something wrong the display message or x-ray cam. kinda hard to believe a heavy tank hull break.

medal

17 hours ago, [email protected] said:

The T-34 is not a heavy tank, but a medium tank and a very heavy grenade (like a 15 cm grenade from a KV-2 or an SU-152) can destroy the vehicle totally (hull break).

medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't understand the hull break mechanism, so I'm not going to comment on that. However; the "kill cam" is not necessarily accurate as it shows things from your perspective, you need to watch the server replay to see how the kill "really" happened. I've been surprised by what the server "sees" and what I see on my client on several occasions (dunno if it's packet loss or ping (I'm usually under 50 ping)).

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/

On 16/01/2021 at 17:46, [email protected] said:

The T-34 is not a heavy tank, but a medium tank and a very heavy grenade (like a 15 cm grenade from a KV-2 or an SU-152) can destroy the vehicle totally (hull break).

On 16/01/2021 at 00:11, PursuiIt said:

So i really want to open an discussion on how the war thunder's hullbreak system work? I had an battle hours ago, my t34 (american)

In the context of the game: neither the T34 or T-34 have Hull Break.

As far as I know, the hull break mechanic works when the system determine that the hit points of the hull-breakable vehicle are gone and after some patch landed certain vehicle won't 'break' when hit by kinetic rounds (This made CV90105 actually playable but make Radpanzer 90 harder to be one-shot ).

When hull-breakable vehicles take hit from Chemical rounds, it would 'break' immediately, but there are rare cases that even HE round won't 'break' vehicles ( For example, the FCS radar of Gepard would stop fragments from hitting the hull, thus make it survive a deadly attack.)