1 minute ago, RytisLTU1 said:

I think Zerstörer 45 would have been better atleast there is this foto

3cm_FlaK_103-38_Vierling.jpg

According to Mr. Doyle the 45 was never built.... but the gun was tested on a Mobelwagen hull granted. 

medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, jon_man1199 said:

According to Mr. Doyle the 45 was never built.... but the gun was tested on a Mobelwagen hull granted. 

Well thats sad to hear. Well I think Germany could do without spaa at that br then

medal medal medal

16 hours ago, jon_man1199 said:

Odd, I spoke to Hillary Doyle several weeks back and he stated it was nothing more than a proposal made within the final couple months of the war, just like the Zerstörer 45. Although he did say he had documents stating that they were doing some testing of guns on a Mobelwagen which might explain the claims of one each being built. 

We do not use information provided by him as our only sources.

Something he said also is not enough of a source too I'm afraid. We had the same thing with the Lighting where people claimed to have spoken to pilots who said "it's like a rocket" and expected us to do something with that and treat it like a valid source.

Indeed he's extremely knowledgeable and we have used some of his source material. But spoken words or something outside of a proper publication are not proper sources or something we can use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smin1080p said:

We do not use information provided by him as our only sources.

Something he said also is not enough of a source too I'm afraid. We had the same thing with the Lighting where people claimed to have spoken to pilots who said "it's like a rocket" and expected us to do something with that and treat it like a valid source.

Indeed he's extremely knowledgeable and we have used some of his source material. But spoken words or something outside of a proper publication are not proper sources or something we can use.

Oh I’m not trying to use that as an official source. I’m just pointing out what he said about it. Being the fact he’s considered to be the world leading expert in German military vehicles I was just pointing out that as he claims the vehicle was nothing more than a simple proposal with no chance of ever being built that there’s definitely something to look into there, being that he most likely has documents to back that up. That is in fact how he confirmed the "Zerstörer 45" was also a proposal rather than a prototype  (he is in possession of the Private papers of the teams at Ostbau which claim that the 3cm Flakvierling 103/38 was only ever mounted on a Mobelwagen). The other big issue with the Ostwind II is the lack of publicly available documents and the apparent lack of photographs of the vehicle which makes confirmation of its existence rather difficult. I’m just pointing out that it might be a good idea to look into it further, perhaps see what documents Mr. Doyle has available on the matter. In reality this situation is nearly the same as the O-I situation, we have official sources saying one vehicle was built however at least with the O-I we have apparent photographs and film to confirm it, (however it seems that those particular photographs and films are not and will most likely never be publicly available, unless a special deal could be reached with the owners) unlike the Ostwind II.

Realistically speaking though Smin, what would be needed to prove to Gaijin that the Ostwind II is indeed a paper vehicle might I ask? As in what sort of sources would you require. 

medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, jon_man1199 said:

Then shouldn’t Gaijin have not implemented the Ostwind II being that it also is in the same boat as the Tiger II 105 and Coelion ie a proposal/paper vehicle?

Their entire logic to their removal is ridiculous. Bringing them back as premium would resolve all the controversy imo 

1 hour ago, jon_man1199 said:

Oh I’m not trying to use that as an official source. I’m just pointing out what he said about it. Being the fact he’s considered to be the world leading expert in German military vehicles I was just pointing out that as he claims the vehicle was nothing more than a simple proposal with no chance of ever being built that there’s definitely something to look into there, being that he most likely has documents to back that up. That is in fact how he confirmed the "Zerstörer 45" was also a proposal rather than a prototype  (he is in possession of the Private papers of the teams at Ostbau which claim that the 3cm Flakvierling 103/38 was only ever mounted on a Mobelwagen). The other big issue with the Ostwind II is the lack of publicly available documents and the apparent lack of photographs of the vehicle which makes confirmation of its existence rather difficult. I’m just pointing out that it might be a good idea to look into it further, perhaps see what documents Mr. Doyle has available on the matter. In reality this situation is nearly the same as the O-I situation, we have official sources saying one vehicle was built however at least with the O-I we have apparent photographs and film to confirm it, (however it seems that those particular photographs and films are not and will most likely never be publicly available, unless a special deal could be reached with the owners) unlike the Ostwind II.

Realistically speaking though Smin, what would be needed to prove to Gaijin that the Ostwind II is indeed a paper vehicle might I ask? As in what sort of sources would you require. 

Films and photos of O-I what? Never heard about that

medal medal medal

13 minutes ago, NoodleCup31 said:

Japanese Super Heavy tank project.

J1w0L7g.jpg

I know what O-I is, but I never heard about there being photos or videos of it. I only seen drawings and blueprints of it

Edited by RytisLTU1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, NoodleCup31 said:

There aren't

Not publicly avalible, there's a company in Japan that owns every little scrap of documentation on the O-I, their president is a bit of a tank fan with a vested interest in Japanese tanks (he actually reportedly tried to buy a Soviet Armored Car out of the Kurils at one point, but that's beside the point).

1 hour ago, RytisLTU1 said:

I think the same but @jon_man1199 mentioned that there is, so now I want evidence of that

Reportedly said company has film and photographs of the testing of the O-I, the film reportedly shows the turret and gun firing against a poor defenseless captured M3 Stuart and the photographs show the hull rolling around. However the company refuses to share any of its documents publicly as they have some sort of exclusivity agreement with Wargaming and anyone who wishes to see the documents must pay and sign an agreement that they won't share any documents that FineMolds doesn't want them to share (in this case the photos). But perhaps we should go back into on topic areas before we further venture down the rabbit hole I just used the O-I as an example of the situation we find ourselves in regarding the Ostwind II and other such vehicles.

Edited by jon_man1199
medal medal medal medal

29 minutes ago, jon_man1199 said:

Reportedly said company has film and photographs of the testing of the O-I, the film reportedly shows the turret and gun firing against a poor defenseless captured M3 Stuart and the photographs show the hull rolling around. However the company refuses to share any of its documents publicly as they have some sort of exclusivity agreement with Wargaming and anyone who wishes to see the documents must pay and sign an agreement that they won't share any documents that FineMolds doesn't want them to share (in this case the photos). But perhaps we should go back into on topic areas before we further venture down the rabbit hole I just used the O-I as an example of the situation we find ourselves in regarding the Ostwind II and other such vehicles.

Sorry for pulling this offtopic stuff but can you show where you found that FineMolds "reportedly have video and photos of O-I"?

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Ya but wasn't it tested though I thought Japan made one and it got stuck 

Japan made one but not fully. According to @Mai_Waffentrager it didnt have main turret and additional 75mm plates.

medal medal medal

9 minutes ago, RytisLTU1 said:

Sorry for pulling this offtopic stuff but can you show where you found that FineMolds "reportedly have video and photos of O-I"?

Japan made one but not fully. According to @Mai_Waffentrager it didnt have main turret and additional 75mm plates.

Seon (Mai) mentioned it awhile back in one of the Initial posts where she talked about the O-I. I'll try and dig through the posts and find it if you would like

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, jon_man1199 said:

Seon (Mai) mentioned it awhile back in one of the Initial posts where she talked about the O-I. I'll try and dig through the posts and find it if you would like

If you could find that it would be awesome

Edited by RytisLTU1
medal medal medal

4 hours ago, RytisLTU1 said:

I was aware the gun wasn't attached but I didn't know the turret wasn't. Makes sense 

medal medal medal medal

On 15/01/2021 at 00:52, Stavroforos said:

The Maus was removed because it was too difficult to balance, not because it wasn't built. 

Which is a weird reason to remove it because a lot of vehicles are like that in game. They just flat out refuse to even try and move it down slightly abs see if it truly ruins the game.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

8 minutes ago, CodyBlues said:

Which is a weird reason to remove it because a lot of vehicles are like that in game. They just flat out refuse to even try and move it down slightly abs see if it truly ruins the game.

They actually did similar to the Black Prince, which is in a similar position and hopelessly overtiered at 6.0.

Since it is a premium, they removed it from regular store and only re-introduce it from event times. Just like Maus gets to return once a year or so.

Edited by Loongsheep
medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Loongsheep said:

They actually did similar to the Black Prince, which is in a similar position and hopelessly overtiered at 6.0.

Since it is a premium, they removed it from regular store and only re-introduce it from event times. Just like Maus gets to return once a year or so.

Yeah but the black prince is a premium and lots of those get removed. Plus it was at a lower BR to begin with.

The Maus is the only main tree vehicle to be removed for balance reasons.

1 hour ago, Loongsheep said:

Not the same at all, you can still buy loot crates to win the Black Prince. They regularly remove premium vehicles that don't sell well.

17 minutes ago, BeriY_ said:

Not the same at all, you can still buy loot crates to win the Black Prince. They regularly remove premium vehicles that don't sell well.

Well the Maus is still easy to get if you play regularly.

I just got it grinding from last event. Only able to rush Panther II before it was removed from regular tree.

medal medal medal

1 minute ago, Loongsheep said:

Well the Maus is still easy to get if you play regularly.

What? What is eassier to get? The Black Price, which you can buy via GE with luck, because loot chest, or the Maus, which you can't get at all, right now, maybe in 11 months again.