Maintenance%20324_14b5eae21782b83c12bf2e

• A bug has been fixed with Swedish and Chinese AI aircraft not spawning in the Enduring Confrontation and Custom Battle modes.
  • Terms for vehicles available for naval Battle Tasks have been changed. Now they match ground and air Battle Tasks: easy challenge requires a vehicle of rank II or above, medium and special challenges requires rank III or above. The new rules come to effect for newly generated tasks.
  • The festive hangar has been disabled.

The current provided changelog reflects the major changes within the game as part of this Update. Some updates, additions and fixes may not be listed in the provided notes. War Thunder is constantly improving and specific fixes may be implemented without the client being updated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Terms for vehicles available for naval Battle Tasks have been changed. Now they match ground and air Battle Tasks: easy challenge requires a vehicle of rank II or above, medium and special challenges requires rank III or above. The new rules come to effect for newly generated tasks.

I think this part is a bit of an issue. Compression in naval is really tight, especially after the tech tree split. Currently, in the American/German/Russian Blue Water tech tree ships, to be at Tier III you must be within a BR of top tier which commonly results in uptiers against vehicles you can't even kill in many of these ships. Similarly, in Coastal ships, you'll be within a BR of Destroyers, which many of these ships struggle to kill; In my experience these are uptiered less since those DD's have something above them to even out the matchmaker, but it can still be a bit frustrating.

I'd propose changing back to a BR-based system for the daily tasks, but making that BR different between the two branches. 2.3 and up for Coastal, and 4.3 and up for Blue Water. This allows some of the most popular BRs to be used, while fixing what this change was presumably done to fix, being able to use reserve Blue Water ships to grind the tasks. The rank system for tasks doesn't work effectively in naval due to compression; For instance, a Rank I BR 4.3 Moskva can't grind it, while a Rank III BR 4.3 Battle-class or Corazziere can, leading to some imbalance between which trees can do the tasks in certain BR brackets and limiting player choice. Some players have old Destroyer premiums that are off-sale but retained their rank of III, which leads to old players being able to grind the tasks at BRs new players cannot, namely German 3.7 with the Type 1939 T31 and Type 1924 Jaguar. Due to this, a BR system would be more fair between all the different countries. I chose 2.3 and 4.3 as example BRs since, with the Tier III restriction in naval, this is the lowest BR of a Tier III ship within the tech trees; It doesn't lower the minimum grinding BR, it simply levels the playing field between the countries.

I'd also like to propose possibly splitting the naval daily tasks into two once the trees are more developed, like how air and tank tasks are separate. Lots of the tasks are specific to ship classes, such as ones for getting kills in Boats/Destroyers or 27 Cables, which requires getting a kill at 5km+ in a DD. I always found trying to re-roll to new tasks in naval far more frustrating than in tanks/planes, since so many of the tasks are so specific that you have to re-roll far more to find something for the class/BR you're playing. Naval has quite a few daily tasks already, so those daily tasks could be split into two branches with more tasks being added to both to pad them some. That'd be less frustrating for the players and possibly easier for Gaijin on the backend, since it'd presumably be simpler to separate the two by BR in separate tasks rather than separating two branches by two BRs in the same task.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Flipped_StuG said:

I think this part is a bit of an issue. Compression in naval is really tight, especially after the tech tree split. Currently, in the American/German/Russian Blue Water tech tree ships, to be at Tier III you must be within a BR of top tier which commonly results in uptiers against vehicles you can't even kill in many of these ships. Similarly, in Coastal ships, you'll be within a BR of Destroyers, which many of these ships struggle to kill; In my experience these are uptiered less since those DD's have something above them to even out the matchmaker, but it can still be a bit frustrating.

I'd propose changing back to a BR-based system for the daily tasks, but making that BR different between the two branches. 2.3 and up for Coastal, and 4.3 and up for Blue Water. This allows some of the most popular BRs to be used, while fixing what this change was presumably done to fix, being able to use reserve Blue Water ships to grind the tasks. The rank system for tasks doesn't work effectively in naval due to compression; For instance, a Rank I BR 4.3 Moskva can't grind it, while a Rank III BR 4.3 Battle-class or Corazziere can, leading to some imbalance between which trees can do the tasks in certain BR brackets and limiting player choice. Some players have old Destroyer premiums that are off-sale but retained their rank of III, which leads to old players being able to grind the tasks at BRs new players cannot, namely German 3.7 with the Type 1939 T31 and Type 1924 Jaguar. Due to this, a BR system would be more fair between all the different countries. I chose 2.3 and 4.3 as example BRs since, with the Tier III restriction in naval, this is the lowest BR of a Tier III ship within the tech trees; It doesn't lower the minimum grinding BR, it simply levels the playing field between the countries.

I'd also like to propose possibly splitting the naval daily tasks into two once the trees are more developed, like how air and tank tasks are separate. Lots of the tasks are specific to ship classes, such as ones for getting kills in Boats/Destroyers or 27 Cables, which requires getting a kill at 5km+ in a DD. I always found trying to re-roll to new tasks in naval far more frustrating than in tanks/planes, since so many of the tasks are so specific that you have to re-roll far more to find something for the class/BR you're playing. Naval has quite a few daily tasks already, so those daily tasks could be split into two branches with more tasks being added to both to pad them some. That'd be less frustrating for the players and possibly easier for Gaijin on the backend, since it'd presumably be simpler to separate the two by BR in separate tasks rather than separating two branches by two BRs in the same task.

I have to agree with this, Specially when the Task "Threat" can only be made by using Destroyers and the only Destroyer in rank lll is 5.0 and the others are light cruisers, and 5.0 is an Edgy Br for that task (fighting against LC, HC, and even BB And BC in uptier matches) so we need a change or fix in that aspect.

The change for daily tasks from BR to Rank make no sense when there are 2 naval branches in the fight. It is already enough hard to have to fight destroyers with costal ships. Not to say about nation that have very limited number of ships per rank.

Fully agree with Flipped_Stug, please reverse it or adjust it.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal