Just a reminder that both the Conqueror and M103 actually use the same 120mm gun but with a different number of loaders and separate ammunition casings.   

All for just blowing apart the IS-3 first seen at a victory parade in 1945 that at the time could barely could hold the construction of its hull welds together. 

medal

24 minutes ago, EXC0MMUNICADO said:

I played that other game of tanks, S.Conqueror is incredible in that game. I really didn't know about that version of S.Conqueror on WT, l love heavy tanks, that's why I had set a goal to acquire T10-M first or M103, Thank you for the answers.

Spoiler

DaoDvAn.jpg

That "Super Conqueror" is merely a drawing and not even a technical one. Something like the designer drawn on napkin after 2 pints at a pub.

WOT was "inspired" by it and created their version by combining the proposed spaced armor for the regular Conqueror. The armor was never mass produced and later used to test ATGM damage.

Wargaming further fictionalized a Rolls Royce Griffon as its engine, as the real life Meteor engine was a modified Merlin. The real Griffon engine is much bigger and required extensive change to the Spitfire to mount it, can't imagine the Conqueror to take it drop-in.

At the end of the day, the "S. Conqueror" of WOT is a strange incarnation of several experiments, performance-wise our Chieftain is similar but better.

medal medal medal

T-10M without a doubt. Conqueror seems to be interesting, however it only uses APDS ammunition and has a long recharge. You will rarely get 1 kill with only 1 shot.
Taking this into consideration Conqueror is bad, Conqueror is a heavy, so a single shot would have to be enough to destroy any tank in your BR.

Example:

T10M vs Conqueror.jpg

Edited by _K4M1K4ZE_Panzer
  • Confused 1

t-10m is 8.3 and gets destroyed by apfsds and heat-fs and it hast no gun depression. The Conqueror is 7.7 and with its addon armor it is save from 320mm heat-fs and APHE (apart from the cupola or lower glacis).

it only depends on where you aim how effective your shot will be. The only problem I have with the APDS is this stupid shattering effect.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Rainbowprincess said:

The only problem I have with the APDS is this stupid shattering effect.

Does this happen at range only? Or is it other factors?

I only managed it once on a long distance side shot on something with my Charioteer. Thinking that if I hit it would be a clean pen I was disappointed by the shatter... and then the 3 enemy vehicles spotting me after my failed attempt resulting in a squishy Charioteer's early demise.

Edited by Deranger79
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

I don't really know. *summons* @Godman_82 

AFAIK it depends on overlapping armor structures because often you shatter on ferdinand frontplates (the overlapping 100mm plates) or leopard turrets (which is pure frustration and idiotic). recently I even shattered ojn a m48 side armor because of some sprocket wheel or whatever I hit.

I spaded my M103 recently and I would say it is a pretty decent tank:

-Quick acceleration to your top speed of ....... 33KPH.

-120MM HEATFS is my favorite that hull breaks all light vehicles, and you face a lot of them (Cent, Tam, AUBL, BMP, ZSU, R3, Geppard....)

-bully IS3 and IS4 whom cannot pen you from the front unless..

-be mindful of your commander cupola at close range fights, any APHE that pen will result in crew knockout

-don't be on the front line, make sure your flanks are secure, stay back and snipe. Your rangefinder is good up to 1.3KM.

medal

1 hour ago, DavidDeFrog said:

I spaded my M103 recently and I would say it is a pretty decent tank:

-Quick acceleration to your top speed of ....... 33KPH.

-120MM HEATFS is my favorite that hull breaks all light vehicles, and you face a lot of them (Cent, Tam, AUBL, BMP, ZSU, R3, Geppard....)

-bully IS3 and IS4 whom cannot pen you from the front unless..

-be mindful of your commander cupola at close range fights, any APHE that pen will result in crew knockout

-don't be on the front line, make sure your flanks are secure, stay back and snipe. Your rangefinder is good up to 1.3KM.

M60/Magach 3 does all of this but better..... M103 is a bit more survivable tha's about it. Doesn't make up for all of its downsides. 

On 20/01/2021 at 15:31, Deranger79 said:

Does this happen at range only? Or is it other factors?

Shell break mechanism works like this:

- below certain armor thickness the round will never gets shattered (usually 30 mm)

- above certain armor thickness the round will always shatter (usually 150 mm) <--- those values are effective thickness, not raw thinckness

- between those two values it depends on velocity

You can check it out in hangar by using protection analysis. If You will shoot at Tiger with L1G from Conqueror, and You will set distance to 600 m, You can see the round is still inside the tank, so it was not shattered. At range of 700m the round will not be visible inside the tank, only fragments. So round will not continue to travel and damage more things if you are shooting from range greater than 600-something meters.

Actually, it should be otherwise (round should be shattered from close range and not from distance), but that is how it works in the game right now.

• Thanks 1

On 17/01/2021 at 20:28, VehicIe said:

Just a reminder that both the Conqueror and M103 actually use the same 120mm gun but with a different number of loaders and separate ammunition casings.   

All for just blowing apart the IS-3 first seen at a victory parade in 1945 that at the time could barely could hold the construction of its hull welds together. 

Structural problems with the IS-3 were ironed out by '47, a solid decade before the M103 showed up. All around, the IS-3 turned out to be one of the most successful WW2 heavy designs, still popping up in the occasional conflict even today.

17 hours ago, watch_your_fire said:

T32E1 is so bad it didn't even make the list lmao

I wouldn't even call the Surbaisse that much of a heavy. Outside of the gun which I do enjoy. M103 cannon with 6 seconds reload time. 

medal medal medal medal

21 hours ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Of the 7.7 heavies, I would rate them best to worst in this order:

Conqueror, AMX-50 Surbaisse, T-10A, IS-4M, M103, Maus.  

All I want to say after seeing this list:

You'll need to get better at ground RB and your understanding in these vehicles are incorrect. 

Just an example.

T-10A is no better than IS-4M despite having 23km/h stab and Maus is better than both two. 

In fact all USSR 7.7s tanks are ranked at the bottom of BR 7.7,only better than T32E1 perhaps. 

medal medal

On 13/01/2021 at 16:16, EXC0MMUNICADO said:

Which one to choose ?

I even like the M103, but it doesn't seem to be as armored as the T-10M.

I know they are tanks with different BR, I also know that one hour or another I will have to face M103 or T10M...

War Thunder Realistic Battle Gameplay - M103 v T10 Compilation - YouTube

t10m is far better

103 is power crept trash

Edited by Daffan
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

The M103 is ok in down tiers because its armor and gun works. In uptier it is trash like most tanks but mostly cause of poor mobility.

medal

12 hours ago, Rainbowprincess said:

is-4 has a 160mm weakspot at the front. the t-10 is basically invincible to aphe frontally.

and the maus is a joke. Saying it is better than both is ridiculous.Surely 

Don't forget Maus got an 320mm pen Apcbc that is able to go through some part of T-10 Lfp while being immune to your 122mm frontally and you get poor depression

Maus is ''Stablized'' due to its speed too. 

Edited by Dreamer__61444
medal medal

12 hours ago, Rainbowprincess said:

is-4 has a 160mm weakspot at the front. the t-10 is basically invincible to aphe frontally.

and the maus is a joke. Saying it is better than both is ridiculous.

The not well angled part of T-10A turret too plus a bunch of bugged armors. 

And experienced Maus tanker is also able to perform quick track break with 75mm Heat. No doubt both of them will lose the 1v1 duel to Maus if both sides are good enough.Not to mention survivablity after being penned

That's why you can sometimes see Maus in the 8.0 Squadron battles meta and it work well,  but never the Soviet heavies. 

Anyways, the Conqueror is the only heavy that stands out at the BR7.7

All others have quite a few fatal flaws here and there and are just mediocre/bad at this BR

Edited by Dreamer__61444
medal medal

On 21/01/2021 at 17:27, Godman_82 said:

Shell break mechanism works like this:

- below certain armor thickness the round will never gets shattered (usually 30 mm)

- above certain armor thickness the round will always shatter (usually 150 mm) <--- those values are effective thickness, not raw thinckness

- between those two values it depends on velocity

You can check it out in hangar by using protection analysis. If You will shoot at Tiger with L1G from Conqueror, and You will set distance to 600 m, You can see the round is still inside the tank, so it was not shattered. At range of 700m the round will not be visible inside the tank, only fragments. So round will not continue to travel and damage more things if you are shooting from range greater than 600-something meters.

Actually, it should be otherwise (round should be shattered from close range and not from distance), but that is how it works in the game right now.

but there is another shattering effect. if you hit armor the kill cam says "shell shattered" and no damage is given to the enemy and you see how the shell shatters on the armor

On 23/01/2021 at 08:55, Dreamer__61444 said:

That's why you can sometimes see Maus in the 8.0 Squadron battles meta and it work well,  but never the Soviet heavies. 

that's not because the Maus is so good but because people still have no clue how to fight it properly and still get tricked by the fake 75mm shot when they think the Maus has shot the 128mm.