M103 isn't really any better if I'm being honest, would be better off using the M60 instead. Might not have as much armor but it's much better with the 105 ammunition and reload.

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

19 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

The M103 suffers because Gaijin doesn't feel like giving the proper sloped performance for the APBC.

This too, but I was thinking about how it's in the game right now + any big full-bore shell gets #volumetric'd constantly and I'd rather not deal with that.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Although both are classified as heavy tank, they play quite differently.

T-10M is a heavy tank by traditional sense, great at rushing the enemy while bouncing off rounds. Armor is strong all-around and mobility is better than some medium tanks at its BR. Gun is stabilized.

The APHE is EXTREMELY destructive and often kills any tank with a single penetration, not bad with under 20s reload. You also have HEAT-FS to deal with other heavies, which is comparable to the M103's HEAT round. The APHE damage output does well even at uptier, as those MBTs have little armor.

M103 is typical of post-war Western heavy tank. They are actually heavy turreted tank destroyer by WWII terminology. The gun has extremely high penetration and good damage output at 7.7, but isn't stabilized and requires firing at stationary position. Armor is only strong at the front, side armor is same as Tiger I, which is a heavy at BR 5.3.

Reload is the same as T-10M, which means lower damage output per minute as neither HEAT nor solid AP is as deadly as the APHE. You do have the advantage of -8 degree gun depression, as well as a lower BR that sees WWII enemies sometime.

So stay at second line and support your friendly mediums and heavies. You are great at dealing with other heavies from a range.

medal medal medal

Can't speak for the T-10M, but I just finished spading the M103. Not a fun experience, as someone else pointed out you're better off with the M60. My time spading it the constant thought in my head was "man I sure wish I was in the M60/Magach 3 right now". I imagine it was powerful in its heyday, but it hasn't aged well with time. Reload rate is anemic and too slow for close in brawling, and at long range it's too slow to to reverse coupled with a massive profile. The better armor and 5 man crew really doesn't make it for its downsides. Not to mention if your loaders get killed you might as well just "J" out of it and respawn at that point.

It's an okay backup to the M60 if you're free to play, but otherwise I highly recommend the Magach 3. The Magach 3/M60 combo is awesome and I'm currently using it to skip 8.0 and go straight to the M1/M1IP. I'll really have to find a good reason to ever spawn the M103 again after spading it. 

edit: To clarify the M103's APC currently is underperforming and will likely never get fixed since solid shot has always been an undesirable ammo and that's unlikely to ever change. By Comparison The M735 APDS has much higher velocity and slightly better penetration. Sure the M358 APBC-T is something of a nuke round when it connects but I still find it to be often inconsistent. I had one bounce off the UFP of a T-55A the other day for some reason. M469 HEAT-T again has slightly worse pen than the M60/Magach 3's HEAT (too lazy to look up the round designation) and you often have to shoot twice with heat unless you're hull breaking a light vehicle. This is really the crux of the issue with the M103. The gun is powerful on paper but often I find I cannot OHKO anything besides lower tiered tanks when I shoot through them head on and ammo rack snipe. Why deal with 2.5 times the reload when the earl M68 guns and ammo often kill in 1-2 shots for significantly less reload time and better mobility?    

Edited by AssaultPlazma

14 minutes ago, Whisky_077 said:

I think this guy hit the nail on the head. The Conqueror takes the stabilizer of the T-10M, the armor of the M103 and puts it all together at a very reasonable 7.7 BR. You lose out a bit on damage output, but after volumetric I don't use APHE on my T-10M anyway, since you just constantly nonpen on Leopards and whatever else has overlapping plates.

• Thanks 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, watch_your_fire said:

I think this guy hit the nail on the head. The Conqueror takes the stabilizer of the T-10M, the armor of the M103 and puts it all together at a very reasonable 7.7 BR. You lose out a bit on damage output, but after volumetric I don't use APHE on my T-10M anyway, since you just constantly nonpen on Leopards and whatever else has overlapping plates.

Everyone I've seen write about the Conqueror says it's worse than both the M103 and the T-10.....

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Everyone I've seen write about the Conqueror says it's worse than both the M103 and the T-10.....

Well for starter, it doesnt have HEATFS.

The best part of T-10M is not having to face T-55AM and the decent repair cost.

medal medal medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, Renamed56354 said:

TBF the M103's HEAT-FS isn't worth much besides fighting the rare USSR heavy and hullbreaking light vehicles. 

44 minutes ago, AssaultPlazma said:

I have two out of the three, from my experience the T-10M might be one of the worst tanks in the game, the Conqueror is a fair bit better (though still food for Leopards, but so is everything else)

The M103 would be great if it's APBC performed correctly. Right now it's better to take the M60 at the same BR. Which is sad because it's already better than the T32E1, also at the same BR. Conqueror I've had a lot of fun with, and with it APDS and stabilizer I think it's the better choice. Don't play Russians anymore so won't comment on them.

Edited by ADrunkMoth
medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, Renamed56354 said:

The HEATFS of the M103 and the T10M aren't even worth it. 

The Conqueror is the best 7.7br heavy tank in the game due to it having a stabilizer, very good armor, and gets a high pen APDS with decent post pen damage. 

medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

It is... for beginners.

Like most British tanks, it takes a while to adjust to its play style, once you do they are good.

There is a reason Conqueror has a 18K repair cost in RB... it is way too much IMO but I guess some people really pumped up the stats.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal

Directly: T-10M is better than M103

Indirectly: M103 at 7.7 is better than T-10M on 8.3

T-10M is a better tank. Both are late heavy tanks, so they are facing MBTs and lot of anti-tank weaponry (ATGMS, Helis, etc). But T-10M is much more useless and obsolete at 8.3, even if You are top tier.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Endwarcb said:

Lets just say T10M is an MBT without the speed and the armour

There you go, 17s reload with an average gun of a tank.

It's got armor and for a heavy (won't stop heat or apfsds) it's mobility is alot higher than most of its class. And I think you can get the reload down to 15 seconds.

Just requires a rather passive playstyle honestly does poor in a uptier. It wouldn't be so bad if Germany was such a powerhouse at that br area. 

medal medal medal medal

On 13/01/2021 at 06:34, watch_your_fire said:

T10M isn't very good

T-10M is actually pretty solid.

It's not as good as the days in which it could club Flavour of the Month Leo 1 players, but it's still pretty good.

On 13/01/2021 at 22:34, watch_your_fire said:

I think this guy hit the nail on the head. The Conqueror takes the stabilizer of the T-10M, the armor of the M103 and puts it all together at a very reasonable 7.7

So where'd the mobility, 14.5mm MG's and actual mantlet armour go?

Conqueror used to be blatantly overpowered back in the HESH SMASH days, but those are long gone, now it's just 'fine'.

Edited by Necrons31467

2 hours ago, Necrons31467 said:

So where'd the mobility, 14.5mm MG's and actual mantlet armour go?

Conqueror used to be blatantly overpowered back in the HESH SMASH days, but those are long gone, now it's just 'fine'.

You do miss the 14.5 KPV switching between the two, but I'm not sure why the mantlet on the Conqueror is relevant. 

The Conqueror's mantlet is already completely immune to APHE, and if your opponent has HEAT-FS well then it's not going to matter if you're in the Conqueror or the T-10M anyway, you're going to be penetrated.

I also find that the Conqueror is far more survivable when it is penetrated, since it has better crew spacing and the massive gun breech tends to absorb damage well.

Of course, at the end of the day both the conqueror and T-10M are somewhat irrelevant since heavy tanks have fallen out of the meta. Each of the two is overshadowed by their factions MBTs at the same tier.

On 13/01/2021 at 23:18, AssaultPlazma said:

because they have no clue.

With volumetric shells so many of the conquerors pixel weakspots are gone. Especially around the gun and mantlet where a few pixels had 200mm and entire shells went through. All this is gone. The biggest weakspot is the cupola and the lower glacis. With the super conqueror modification you can even angle the frontplate to a point where the 105mm heat-fs cannot penetrate the frontplate and has a very hard time with the side armor aswell.

shot 2021.01.16 04.29.23.jpg

shot 2021.01.16 04.29.30.jpg