Hi Everyone,

Don't really see a reason yet to upgrade to Series X from my current One S except if WT has significantly better performance. Anyone know of a good comparison video that aren't about people showing off BR 1.0 stuff?
My main issue with One S performance is that most Enduring Confrontation matches I play the resolution of my aircrafts textures are significantly lowered. Doesn't really happen in RB, probably because the game caches more stuff on those 3 hour matches and reduces texture quality as a result I suppose.

Attached screenshot: everything is pretty sharp except a lot of the details. In the image you can see the range ring under cross hairs is not readable at all. Not that it matters for gameplay but the whole cockpit interior looks like this blurry mess. Very frustrating and takes away from the sim experience! I sincerely wonder if Series X has this in Enduring Confrontation?

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 15.07.53.png

Edited by Kaasjager010

I don't have any video but I can say that the game is running very good on my series X right now.

At the start it had major issues and I was crashing to the xbl menu every single match but props to the dev team as in a month they had it running smooth and almost all my issues were fixed.

They did have to turn off the hdr as we had the colors really washed out with the HDR on.

I haven't gotten on to play today after today's 1 gb patch to see if anything more has changed.

Plus I haven't been flying in Sim EC lately (normally my main mode), that's because the BP is not including sim modes yet.

Hopefully that changes with this next BP so i can get back to playing Sim battles! Grrr.

I am sure they are working on more fixes for the Xbox versions.

There is a noticeable difference in the FPS on the Series X and the loading times are wicked fast compared to my one X.

One thing I am having in ground Rb on the higher Br's is some kind of files loading during a match. Mostly at the start.

It will say at the top left, loading files" and when it does this the ping goes clear into the red! Then when that is done the ping comes back down to 62 on a US server.

I do feel that the resolution is better then it was on my Xbox one X.

Maybe I will try Sim battles for a couple of matches this evening and see how that is running on the series X.

medal medal medal medal medal

Thanks for the reply guys. Loading times improvement seems nice but no reason to upgrade unless the graphics are considerably better!
Also well aware that the sales are exactly the same as on Xbone....

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, S [email protected] said:

I started playing this game a few years ago  on the X One and then after some time off came across a trailer and decided to download it on my Series X and I love the upgrade. The game looks and plays much better.

@S [email protected] I am guessing you haven’t run into the glitches where your game will crash or the one where war thunder crashes the series x to the point where you have to hard reset it?

medal medal medal medal medal

19 hours ago, [email protected] said:

@S [email protected] I am guessing you haven’t run into the glitches where your game will crash or the one where war thunder crashes the series x to the point where you have to hard reset it?

I have not, I have had a problem with Call of Duty CW doing that.

medal

On 27/01/2021 at 09:01, S [email protected] said:

I started playing this game a few years ago  on the X One and then after some time off came across a trailer and decided to download it on my Series X and I love the upgrade. The game looks and plays much better.

@S [email protected] could you perhaps share a video? Online I've only seen videos of crappy tier 1 stuff that people made that clearly don't even play the game. Perhaps a test flight in a Tier V premium which is something I could easily compare with.
Understandable if it's too much effort.

1 hour ago, Kaasjager010 said:

@S [email protected] could you perhaps share a video? Online I've only seen videos of crappy tier 1 stuff that people made that clearly don't even play the game. Perhaps a test flight in a Tier V premium which is something I could easily compare with.
Understandable if it's too much effort.

Half way through in a Helo https://www.twitch.tv/videos/888523271

medal

On 1/30/2021 at 01:44, S [email protected] said:

I don't think twitch does the game justice - I'll see if I can stream to YouTube in HD. I do it for our Madden league a few times a week if that helps more?

Yeah, I can see the compression struggling when subsequent frames are very different but figured this was due to the streaming.

If it's not usefull, then atleast it'll be something to watch since I am outta town this week!