German 9.0/8.7 lineup is way too strong right now

16 hours ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

You don't need to move the whole lineup.  The Rad90 is easily a 9.7 or 10.0 capable vehicle.  The sheer speed of the thing is almost gamebreaking.  Given teh size of many maps, the things is 2/3 across the map before you can say "spawn camping."   And the G91's are definitely 9.0 or 9.3 worthy.  That relieves some pressure on 7.7-8.7 and takes away the most dangerous tool at 9.0.  The 1A5 is fine at 9.0.  As is the C2A1.  The L44 might be a 9.3 candidate, but I think its fine at 9.0.  

I also don't think that the german 9.0-9.3 vehicles are extremely strong individually, but gaijin needs to find a way to stop germany from spawning 5 of their thermal and DM33 tanks in 1 game. 

And the only way I can think of beside hard limits in game is the good old 25-30k repair cost per tank. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

11 hours ago, SNIPRS said:

Okay, perhaps I was too harsh, but I do think the gun handling on the Leopard series is seriously underrated.

Perhaps gun handling on Leopard 2 series is underrated, but Leo 1 seems about average on this.

11 hours ago, SNIPRS said:

Also, I am in favour of having 2 of the 1A5, C2A1, A1A1, and L44 at 9.0 and 2 at 9.3 at least, since that prevents you from having 4 very capable MBT's in a single 9.0 lineup, which is very dominating in a long match of attrition. 

A1A1 is already 8.7 and fine there. 1A5, C2A1 and L44, all three are basically the same tank. I think they should be in the same BR, 9.0 or 9.3.

Edited by Taeblamees
medal

6 hours ago, __Renzo__ said:

I also don't think that the german 9.0-9.3 vehicles are extremely strong individually, but gaijin needs to find a way to stop germany from spawning 5 of their thermal and DM33 tanks in 1 game. 

And the only way I can think of beside hard limits in game is the good old 25-30k repair cost per tank. 

That's kind of the point we've all been making.  The consensus is that none of the vehicles, alone, are game breaking.  But, together, the lineup is game breaking.  The solution isn't increased repair costs.  Why do people constantly want to punish people for playing???  Especially when early quitting is the absolute bane of many higher tier games???

Note: I think the Rad90 is game breaking at 9.0, but that's another discussion.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle
  • Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal

-Sure Germany has OP as everywhere and always from the begining of the game. Gaijin love them (too much imo) because main nation played (so business), they are always super tweaked with a low BR than equal vehicule in USA/Britain. They receive the best vehicule from other nations even in a premium form.

-But the worst of the worst if the matchmaking. They are the faster, stronger, stabilisator, optic, with good ATGM, low BR jet with magic ammo (cheated completely), and Gaijin put them with his copy-brother Italian+French and half time soviet who are by far a superior matchmaking than US/Brits/japan!! But now they add magic trolling Swedish who is a total xxxx to this super unbalanced situation.

Go play US 8.0, its a loose 8/9 on 10 games and by humiliation. So many times spawnkilled after 2 minutes the game start or even less!! I love be kill at 300m of the spawn by centauro, Leo or by a STRV 103 like 30 min after i write here. This cheated sweden resist to even ATGM  in the face because shillelagh are so crap and same with my bradley, so you can put your surprise to your ****.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal

16 minutes ago, Pexitron said:

-Sure Germany has OP as everywhere and always from the begining of the game. Gaijin love them (too much imo) because main nation played (so business), they are always super tweaked with a low BR than equal vehicule in USA/Britain. They receive the best vehicule from other nations even in a premium form.

-But the worst of the worst if the matchmaking. They are the faster, stronger, stabilisator, optic, with good ATGM, low BR jet with magic ammo (cheated completely), and Gaijin put them with his copy-brother Italian+French and half time soviet who are by far a superior matchmaking than US/Brits/japan!! But now they add magic trolling Swedish who is a total xxxx to this super unbalanced situation.

Go play US 8.0, its a loose 8/9 on 10 games and by humiliation. So many times spawnkilled after 2 minutes the game start or even less!! I love be kill at 300m of the spawn by centauro, Leo or by a STRV 103 like 30 min after i write here. This cheated sweden resist to even ATGM  in the face because shillelagh are so crap and same with my bradley, so you can put your surprise to your ****.

That's what we call a rant post.

4 hours ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

That's kind of the point we've all been making.  The consensus is that none of the vehicles, alone, are game breaking.  But, together, the lineup is game breaking.

Because when you lose one, you can spawn in another without any loss of perfomance. Rest of nations usually have to spawn vehicle that is less effective.

G91 has lower reasearch cost, because it is rank 5, whilst A-4s (and Entedard) are rank 6 hence more expensive to research. To level this up you could make G91 also rank 6 ( too late for that as there are many among people now) or lower other ATGM planes to rank 5 as well.

15 minutes ago, Pexitron said:

You have a lot experience in German vehicles, right?

18 minutes ago, Pexitron said:

They are the faster, stronger, stabilisator

First stabilized German tank is 8,7. Allies receive them much sooner.

18 minutes ago, Pexitron said:

Go play US 8.0, its a loose 8/9 on 10 games and by humiliation.

I have witnessed your "performance" today. Perhaps if you take out the heart from your trousers and actually support your teammates instead of cowing behind the building and complaining in chat how useless they are, you might be winning more...

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, __Renzo__ said:

Gaijin needs to stop handing out DM33 to every German tank they can. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, [email protected] said:

Gaijin needs to stop handing out DM33 to every German tank they can. 

And start to hand something better than DM23-equavlent to the other trees.

(Yes I am talking about the 9.0 VFM.5 with DM23-level top round at the bottom of mod)

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

9 hours ago, Pexitron said:

Not quite.  When GF first released, the Russians were stupidly OP.  Their sloped armor meant that T-34's would just pretend they were Jumbos in a reserve match and press "W" for the win.  Hordes of unkillable T-34's roamed the battlefield.  As more vehicles got released, specifically the IS-3, the game stopped being fun.  The Russian rampage was what ultimately made me quit.  Came back 6 years later and am having much more fun.  I do agree that Russian bias has shifted to German hand holding.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, NoodleCup31 said:

That's not the problem.

No, it’s not the problem but it shows a clear double standard with how Gaijin operates. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Problem is not german line, but premium tanks: somewhat 50% of players rushed tier 6-7 in 3 days with premium tanks and now have no green idea how to play this game other than just duck tape W key and try to snap shot kill or cap base. Even when they lose they still make profit and 1000rp so why even bother to try winning. 
Same thing happens to german teams some times now too they just rush like headless chickens to death. And yeah they drive leo a1 120mm, dies once, then leave.
Yes some nations face lack of tanks( japan, china) but there are like 1-2 players each game. Majority of players are usa, german, russia, some brits. 
So brace yourself on upcoming same thing that happened to WOT- Free to play, pay to win... 

medal medal

On 14/01/2021 at 16:40, [email protected] said:

No, it’s not the problem but it shows a clear double standard with how Gaijin operates. 

It's not double standard, it's profits and unwillingness to balance the game, because of profits. 

• Upvote 4
medal medal medal medal medal medal

• 1 month later...

Let me nekro this thread with a proposal:

Germany 8.7-9.3 should never be teamed with any other nation, how is that for a change?

i mean having played USSR, US, Brits and Germany at 8.3-9.3, germany has the strongest lineup in that BR range with some of the best vehicles in their class, on top with a premium that sports a 9.7 gun and thermals at 9.0.

dont split up the lineup and for the love of everyone, please dont even consider "balancing" through immense repair costs, that does nothing to even things out, it only leads to experienced players using those vehicles instead of a mix of experienced and unexperienced players.

germany can keep its very strong 8.7-9.3 lineups but everyone else at least stands a chance if instead of facing fast germans with great guns, fast italians with good guns, somewhat decently armored or light and fast soviets with ok guns, the swedish very strong 9.0 premium with thermals and a good gun as well as some decent french tanks with good guns at this BR.

this way, the team opposing germans would at least have some good counters against that very strong and versatile german 8.7-9.3 lineup.

14 minutes ago, Apfelsator said:

Let me nekro this thread with a proposal:

Germany 8.7-9.3 should never be teamed with any other nation, how is that for a change?

i mean having played USSR, US, Brits and Germany at 8.3-9.3, germany has the strongest lineup in that BR range with some of the best vehicles in their class, on top with a premium that sports a 9.7 gun and thermals at 9.0.

dont split up the lineup and for the love of everyone, please dont even consider "balancing" through immense repair costs, that does nothing to even things out, it only leads to experienced players using those vehicles instead of a mix of experienced and unexperienced players.

germany can keep its very strong 8.7-9.3 lineups but everyone else at least stands a chance if instead of facing fast germans with great guns, fast italians with good guns, somewhat decently armored or light and fast soviets with ok guns, the swedish very strong 9.0 premium with thermals and a good gun as well as some decent french tanks with good guns at this BR.

this way, the team opposing germans would at least have some good counters against that very strong and versatile german 8.7-9.3 lineup.

no this is horrible

the only way to beat germany right now is dillute them with trash russians that take up 50% of their slots

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 17/01/2021 at 22:12, SaekoB said:

It's not double standard, it's profits and unwillingness to balance the game, because of profits. 

Gaijin's limitation of US ammunition loadouts is nothing new. It starts with the 90mms on the M36 and goes up through the rest of the tree. Even when Gaijin puts US tanks in other trees, they will often be given ammunition the US tree version does not get.

• Upvote 2

too powerful? germany has a total of 16 vehicle including event and premium on rank 6 while the ruski got 19.

minus event vehicle, germany got 13 while ruski got 18.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
medal

57 minutes ago, SuperKnight333 said:

too powerful? germany has a total of 16 vehicle including event and premium on rank 6 while the ruski got 19.

The game is not black and white, there's other nations in the game. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal

On 24/02/2021 at 07:38, SuperKnight333 said:

what are you on about? this is about team compositions, map design, game meta(because of map design and mechanics), vehicle performance, BR of vehicles, lineups for BR ranges, just to name a few things.

as this is about germans 8.7/9.0, soviets got exactly 3 vehicles at that BR, 4 if you include the even Obj 279 and of those 4, 2 are light tanks, arguably good ones but still and only one of their 8.7/9.0's has thermals. 

while germans got 6 vehicles at that BR including event/premium stuff and of those,

- C2A1 is a Leo 1A5 with spaced armor that works very well at that BR with thermals

- Leo 1 L/44 is a premium with a 9.7 gun with thermals

- Leo 1A5 gets DM33 and thermals

and the TAM and Leo A1A1 are very good backups for that BR range easily, the Class 3(P) is just the pakwagen of 8.7 and has a surprising survivability.

all of that isnt even including the CAS options germany has at 8.7 with 2 G91's with 4 nord ATGM's each.

and its not like germany doesnt  continue to have great vehicles at 9.3 or 9.7 so even after the discussed BR range, they got a good lineup going.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Apfelsator said:

what are you on about? this is about team compositions, map design, game meta(because of map design and mechanics), vehicle performance, BR of vehicles, lineups for BR ranges, just to name a few things.

as this is about germans 8.7/9.0, soviets got exactly 3 vehicles at that BR, 4 if you include the even Obj 279 and of those 4, 2 are light tanks, arguably good ones but still and only one of their 8.7/9.0's has thermals. 

while germans got 6 vehicles at that BR including event/premium stuff and of those,

- C2A1 is a Leo 1A5 with spaced armor that works very well at that BR with thermals

- Leo 1 L/44 is a premium with a 9.7 gun with thermals

- Leo 1A5 gets DM33 and thermals

and the TAM and Leo A1A1 are very good backups for that BR range easily, the Class 3(P) is just the pakwagen of 8.7 and has a surprising survivability.

all of that isnt even including the CAS options germany has at 8.7 with 2 G91's with 4 nord ATGM's each.

and its not like germany doesnt  continue to have great vehicles at 9.3 or 9.7 so even after the discussed BR range, they got a good lineup going.

But, But GERMANY SUFFERS!

• Haha 1
medal medal