Game crash at exit: Fatal Error Exception

Hi!

I have a fresh install of the game (directly not through steam) on my laptop and desktop. The game crash every time I exit from War thunder on both computers.

196154225_2021-01-0910-10-50.thumb.jpg.0

My Desktop system: Linux Mint 20 on i5-4690+AMD RX480

I attached the launcher log, clog and dmp files.

2021_01_09_09_41_42_2563.txt 504c40e5-217f-de39-7d6e3d00-487a09b0.dmp 2021_01_09_09_47_37__3516.clog

medal

Ubuntu 20.04 but with NVIDIA card have experienced crash on Quit problems recently. Never followed up looking through the log files because who supports this? I was just killing the aces process rather than Quit using the menu.

However, since switching to NVIDIA 460 driver (from 450) due to what looks like a Vulkan problem with that driver causing frequent crashes trying to load a battle on leaving the hanger it's no longer crashing when quitting using the menu.

Possibly all unrelated but might there be a common Vulkan issue that's affected AMD as well as NVIDIA drivers?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Balazs_hun said:

Thanks for the advice! 
My laptop is an intel+nvidia machine, so I just update the drivers and take look if the crash still presists.

The 460 drivers may not be available to easily download via the driver GUI if you're using 20.04 LTS. I made a post on installing them if that's the case.

medal medal

This is how the Linux version of the game has been exiting for a LONG LONG time. Not sure if they will ever fix it. Basically all they need to do is pass a FORCE kill of the aces process to exit the game rather then whatever the heck their trying to do now.

AMDGPU 6800XT here!

Edited by The_Riddick
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Hello @Balazs_hun,

This issue has already been reported and is known however If you are still experiencing these crashes could you please post your full system information for both machines if both are affected so I can update the report?

Or:

@The_Riddick,

This only seems to affect some players, I haven't had any issues closing WT for ages now.

@longusnickus,

Could you please post your full system information and a .clog and .dmp file from a session in which the issue occurred?

I had this issue with my 1080TI and with my 6800XT. The only common component is my AM4 board/CPU.
I've also reinstalled a couple different distros since then, back on Manjaro Plasma atm however which was installed like couple weeks back!

steam spec info. steamspec.txt

Edited by The_Riddick

@The_Riddick,

Yeah it just seems to be seemingly random as to when and who it affects. Currently not sure what exactly is causing it.

@Balazs_hun,

Thank you, I have added your files to the report.

@longusnickus,

The .dmp file should be in the same directory as the .clog file.

23 hours ago, apemax said:

The .dmp file should be in the same directory as the .clog file.

i guess it does not generate a dmp file, when i kill the game
here is one of a game that crashed (my first game crash since the big vulkan update, so i dont know if there is something about the exit error)

6ca93dad-7550-9951-47335b56-5343f59b.dmp

2021_01_20_04_52_40__206020.clog

Edited by longusnickus

@longusnickus, @Balazs_hun,

Yes if you kill the game process before it has closed itself after crashing it probably won't generate a .dmp file. Could you please switch to the WIP client (The "Use 'Work-in-Progress' client checkbox in launcher) and see if you still get the same error and crash?

@longusnickus,

Right, Could you please upload a .clog and .dmp file from a session when the crash happened from the 2.3.0.74 version? Could you also please post up to date system information as well?

1 hour ago, apemax said:

@longusnickus,

Right, Could you please upload a .clog and .dmp file from a session when the crash happened from the 2.3.0.74 version? Could you also please post up to date system information as well?

my system didnt change since i posted my info yesterday

but now it made a dmp file for some reason, when i kill aces

2021_01_20_22_17_54__119021.clog 31aaeb59-d713-80a9-490dfb97-1f581fae.dmp

Edited by longusnickus

@longusnickus,

Do you get a error message when the game crashes? Could you please not kill the process and just let the game crash and upload that .clog and .dmp file?

1 hour ago, apemax said:

@longusnickus,

Do you get a error message when the game crashes? Could you please not kill the process and just let the game crash and upload that .clog and .dmp file?

the error you see in the very first post

then the PC freezes for a few sec, then its useable for some sec before it freezes again... and so on until i kill aces

and thats the way it created these files

as far as i remeber it worked when this update came out

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/236390/view/2905346555623106586

and one of the following broke it

Here is some log files of mine. This one just the exception error shows up and I press OK and let it close by itself. Sometimes there is a second box that pops up about the crash but not this time.

2021_01_24_12_51_43__20126.clog

27a2280e-edd2-8023-2c9f8abe-76774059.dmp

steamspec.txt

Edited by The_Riddick

@longusnickus,

Right, Could you please upload a .clog and .dmp file from the latest client version 2.3.0.76?

@The_Riddick,

Thank you, I have updated the report with your files.