3 hours ago, Evinsher_IT said:

The more the obstacles that protect you the more chance you won't get bombed

Tbh i find it easier to get bombs on target with buildings cause you can drop em right on top of em, but the AA have a much harder time in city's cause buildings give planes a much better coverage

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal

6 hours ago, DOCTOR_OF_WAR said:

Tbh i find it easier to get bombs on target with buildings cause you can drop em right on top of em, but the AA have a much harder time in city's cause buildings give planes a much better coverage

I find easier killing lone wolf in open or even forest(after i spot a muzzle fire). Prob most spaa can't engage on the other side of big maps.

medal

• 1 month later...

RB Tank Battles just suck, its all over in few minutes, cant stress enough how much they suck, its just too damn short and i don't have the bloody clue why the F is it set up like that -_- I gave up on tanks completely and i'm playing realistic air battles only, they are quite enjoyable and the match ends usually when all veichles are destroyed.

Why do tank battles suck that much? I just Hate domination game mode, tickets bleed before I loose my first veichle -_- And every damn game mode is that damn domination, why cant i atleast choose which gamemode to play, even if they all kidna suck and tickets bleed out before any kind of satisfaction is possible... Someone tell me why is it like that? This game is 10y old, by now they would figure out what players want, is this what you all want? Are we suppose just to grind this game with quick matches, or actually enjoy playing it ? Where is the enjoyment if battle lasts for few minutes and its over long before players lost even 50% of their veichle. Ofc not to even mention, everyone is just RUSHING including me, no other playstyle is allowed, because if i take my time and play carefull game will be over before i even fire a shot. It just sux. There is my 2 cents

Btw im at br 4.0 with poor russian tanks, i get zero satisfaction in playing as everything is done and over in minutes. Usually games end like this: i get my first KV rushing and get killed because i rushed, then i try to get my 2nd KV into battle, i fight for a bit, and game is allready over because tickets bleed out. Few minutes, so fun.

Edited by Skyliner13158

Good Map Design should have something fun for everyone to enjoy.

-Lights and TDs need open areas with clear line of sights

-Medium and heavy (non-MBTs) generally prefer medium to close quarter 

-tanks with poor gun depression don't do well on open maps with rolling hills and prefer flat areas

-vice versa for tanks with great gun depression

A good map does not have to be huge or tiny, but it should have areas for CQC and areas of long range sniping/overwatch in order to suit all playstyles. 

Maginot line is a good example for a big map. In traditional domination version, if you prefer CQC, spawn and go fight around A point. If you prefer long range sniping, fight around C. Mid-range, go to B. Each point is connected by paths with some cover so you are not in the open.

Berlin is a small map done right. Sniper hills beside each spawn are perfect for tanks with good gun depression and/or player preferring to snipe. Low valleys and debris plies in open areas create natural cover to counter sniper hill advantage. Elevation differences makes this map three dimensional with overlapping fields of fire and mutual support.

Worst maps IMO:

Worst maps are those flat city maps. Advance to the Rhine and Cargo Port are my least favorite with all capture points in CQC areas. No positions to provide overwatch, no overlapping fields of fire, no mutual support and it's every lane for themselves. 

medal

On 09/01/2021 at 23:43, BlES said:

Some maps - like cities or tiny crowded labirynths or medieval castles or japanese shrines - belong to Arcade only because they are utterly unrealistic.

Playing Realistic or Simulator Battle INSIDE medieval castle..., or on the stairs of japanese temple..., or inside some arfificial labirynth of rocks placed especially to force 50 tons behemots with 5-6 meters long barrels developed to shoot at 2-4km to fight each other at 10-100 meters. Very often literally putting the barrel inside the enemy vehicle point blanc, than fire...

In anything other than Arcade it is simply ridiculous.

BTW: the sheer amount of gigantic rocks (in reality found only in a few selected places on whole Earth) here used in nearly every single map in huge quantities to artificially force only 2-3 possible routes to meet the enemy at point blank range and to artificially block the line of sight of 90% of the map from every single place except of very few "spots" pre-selected by map creator... yeah...

No they do not belong in AB past rank 5 ! We AB players suffer the most from these mini/labyrinth maps in rank 6 and 7.

On 13/01/2021 at 18:23, Savanne said:

Go back to Arcade battles, this thread is not for you.

And do not mention a thing about "Preferred maps".

This thing is utter garbage, dust in the eyes by Gaijin. It allows for 3 maps to be disliked, and 1 to be banned. Can you guess how many of those i keep getting?
All of them.
I have disliked 3 small maps, banned another one. I keep playing the same maps every single time.
Karelia, Carpathians, White Rock Fortress, Ask River.
And this at 10.7, with guns that are made to kill tanks at 2km+. The entire map is from A to C, like 800m big. Usual encounter range? 300m.
If we go to a city map, like Advance to Rhine - 100m encounter range.
Alaska or American Desert? 100m encounter range.
And there is a certain Ardeness map, that is from spawn to spawn less than 800m.

If you want small maps, keep playing AB.
Majority of paying players are playing RB.

What is up with the RB elitist talk? I want larger maps past rank 5 that are balanced in AB.

medal medal medal medal medal medal

Big maps are desperately needed for top tier, getting spawned killed within the first minute on maps like American Desert, Berlin, or Middle East should not be acceptable at this point when Gaijin are trying to push "E-sports ready". Maps like Maginot line are among the best maps Warthunder has, being large enough to prevent instant death and having a diverse area to fight(city/open rolling hills/small towns).

It's very jarring to have people actually defend such crap map designs also, as if you all enjoy having matches end within the first 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FallenZulu said:

Big maps are desperately needed for top tier, getting spawned killed within the first minute on maps like American Desert, Berlin, or Middle East should not be acceptable at this point when Gaijin are trying to push "E-sports ready". Maps like Maginot line are among the best maps Warthunder has, being large enough to prevent instant death and having a diverse area to fight(city/open rolling hills/small towns).

It's very jarring to have people actually defend such crap map designs also, as if you all enjoy having matches end within the first 5 minutes.

That's what Gaijin wants. Shortens que times. 

10 minutes ago, AssaultPlazma said:

i dont understand gaijin, i prefer quality instead of quantity in this case, i prefer to wait 3 minute for good match rather than 5 sec to get advance to the rhine.

• Upvote 2
medal

2 hours ago, AssaultPlazma said:

Gaijin clearly has no idea how to even improve their game at this point. The quality of life is slowly getting worse, the map design can be mixed at best depending on tiers you are playing on, Naval forces are more depressing than a dying orphan, balancing is all over the place, and modes like EC or World War which are interesting or enjoyable concepts are rarely touched or even expanded on, and top tier specifically for tanks and to some extent jets are a joke.

When when Gaijin has no more shiny vehicles to release then they will be stuck with a game that has not evolved at its core sense 2013, with poorly balanced maps(depending on tier) that has been reused sense the very launch of this game with the exact same game modes. And people will quickly grow tired of it and leave. It's also not about fast que times, it's about the fact that the maps are just terribly balanced favoring one play style or another instead of a mix of both and the game modes remaining the exact same.

Edited by FallenZulu

3 hours ago, SuperKnight333 said:

i dont understand gaijin, i prefer quality instead of quantity in this case, i prefer to wait 3 minute for good match rather than 5 sec to get advance to the rhine.

Not everyone thinks like you. I prefer smaller, flat, urban maps and i would be willing to wait 3 minutes to get advance to the Rhine, American desert, Alaska, Sweden, cargo port... and get a good mach, instead of instantly getting Euro tank simulator such as Fulda or fields of Poland.

• Confused 1
medal

5 minutes ago, SlovenskaZver said:

Not everyone thinks like you. I prefer smaller, flat, urban maps and i would be willing to wait 3 minutes to get advance to the Rhine, American desert, Alaska, Sweden, cargo port... and get a good mach, instead of instantly getting Euro tank simulator such as Fulda or fields of Poland.

more like not everyone think like you, if you prefer small map with 10.0 tank than youre just either brainded or xxxx. modern tank are way to fast in small map and it make the game bland. it also only benefit russian tank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
medal

1 hour ago, SuperKnight333 said:

more like not everyone think like you, if you prefer small map with 10.0 tank than youre just either brainded or xxxx. modern tank are way to fast in small map and it make the game bland. it also only benefit russian tank.

Since people end up playing on small maps most of the time and Gaijin keeps making them, I think we can conclude that the silent majority is voting for and prefers small maps. Btw how do small maps benefit russian tanks?

Edited by AraMacao
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SuperKnight333 said:

Calm yourself. His opinions are valuable as yours. Many players (cause if not it wouldn't be a problem), more often casuals (that's why there are few people on the forums to defend this opinion) want city maps, not often small, but city ones.

3 hours ago, FallenZulu said:

World War

I had really bad matches with that, 5 SPAA against panthers and tigers or viceversa. Was it really great?

Edited by Evinsher_IT
  • Upvote 1
medal

1 hour ago, Evinsher_IT said:

Calm yourself. His opinions are valuable as yours. Many players (cause if not it wouldn't be a problem), more often casuals (that's why there are few people on the forums to defend this opinion) want city maps, not often small, but city ones.

Yes calm down. You are not enemys ! I also like big maps  and 1-3  small ones (some times) .

People want grind to reach a goal . If i grind i can play advanced the rhine ( domination only ) because i cap , go to a known spot and wait . Its over in 5-8min , one death leave . Profit .

This not gaming this is work .

Well , i have 5 completed nations and dont need to grind most of my time. Now I want to play and then i dont play any small map / night battle or bad placed single cap mode.

What could gaijin do ? just my opinion to please me ...

option 1 : split small and big map lovers with a real map selector and replace / rework the single cap maps . Or make 2 map pools small/ big and rework the single cap maps .

option 2 : open perma EC combined arms mode with the big map of the week for RB .

option 3 : delete all small maps and create big maps with more cap points wich can be used like forwarded bases to spawn . adds more tactical gameplay and a rolling frontier .

I have 5 complete nations and the small map issue forced me not to play HT for now and focus on CAS .

I test the chain 2 times for a god HT match/map and insta leave if not. Then i play a round mid tier , Air Rb , Naval and repeat .

Something must be done ... but i dont mean force the players wich want to play small maps to suffer like me now ...

Edited by Haxburch
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

option 3 : delete all small maps and create big maps with more cap points wich can be used like forwarded bases to spawn . adds more tactical gameplay and a rolling frontier

My fav so far, but as far as i know it would be desolate by half the match in,cause  1-death-leavers. Cause still people would leave.

55 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

open perma EC combined arms mode with the big map of the week for RB .

Sadly never tried EC for tanks.

55 minutes ago, Haxburch said:

split small and big map lovers with a real map selector and replace / rework the single cap maps . Or make 2 map pools small/ big and rework the single cap maps .

Dunno about queue times tho.

medal

5 hours ago, AraMacao said:

Btw how do small maps benefit russian tanks?

Top tier USSR tanks have the smallest weakspot profile making them harder to kill generally. This is backed by very powerful ammunition. Also sense urban maps often descend into attritional battles this massively benefits the USSR with a better ability to keep spawning similar tanks than any other nation although with the Leopard 2 PL Germany can basically match that at this point. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AraMacao said:

Btw how do small maps benefit russian tanks?

They don't. Other than the T-72B3 they respond slower due to terrible turret rotation and elevation speeds, terrible reverse and reload, no neutral steering and the amount of times I've had 3BM42, the worst ammo at top tier, fail on the UFP of Leo 2A5/6s when I've had no time to aim anywhere else makes me want to vomit as DM53 teleports through the thickest parts of the glacis array + Kontakt-5 and detonates the ammo carousel and/or knocks 2 crew members out.

Edited by [email protected]
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, [email protected] said:

They don't. Other than the T-72B3 they respond slower due to terrible turret rotation and elevation speeds, terrible reverse and reload, no neutral steering and the amount of times I've had 3BM42, the worst ammo at top tier, fail on the UFP of Leo 2A5/6s when I've had no time to aim anywhere else makes me want to vomit as DM53 teleports through the thickest parts of the glacis array + Kontakt-5 and detonates the ammo carousel and/or knocks 2 crew members out.

What about no gun depression so you cannot use most hull down positions.

Also lack of commander thermals amplifies the gun depression issue, you have to go on top of the hill to be able to use gunner thermals to see anyone.

Longer reload makes is more beneficial when you don't miss and are able to one shoot or at least cripple a tank (more likely to happen on smaller ranges). If both of you miss the enemy will be able to shoot again before you can do it.

Bad or awful reverse speed makes it really hard to reverse down the hill to cover if your gun is damaged, so you have to push forward and hope you will find some hard cover (insert a joke about Russian players only holding W).

On city maps you don't have to worry about playing hull down. Lack of commander thermals is not that big of a deal. You are also more likely to cripple or one-shoot enemy tanks, so below average reload is somewhat lessened. You are more likely to penetrate upper front plate of leopard 2a5 form 10 meters away compared to from 2 km.

Not having neural steering and having slow turret rotation and elevation speed is a big disadvantage too, but in my opinion it is the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1
medal

On 23/02/2021 at 04:25, DavidDeFrog said:

Good Map Design should have something fun for everyone to enjoy.

-Lights and TDs need open areas with clear line of sights

-Medium and heavy (non-MBTs) generally prefer medium to close quarter 

-tanks with poor gun depression don't do well on open maps with rolling hills and prefer flat areas

-vice versa for tanks with great gun depression

A good map does not have to be huge or tiny, but it should have areas for CQC and areas of long range sniping/overwatch in order to suit all playstyles. 

Maginot line is a good example for a big map. In traditional domination version, if you prefer CQC, spawn and go fight around A point. If you prefer long range sniping, fight around C. Mid-range, go to B. Each point is connected by paths with some cover so you are not in the open.

Berlin is a small map done right. Sniper hills beside each spawn are perfect for tanks with good gun depression and/or player preferring to snipe. Low valleys and debris plies in open areas create natural cover to counter sniper hill advantage. Elevation differences makes this map three dimensional with overlapping fields of fire and mutual support.

Worst maps IMO:

Worst maps are those flat city maps. Advance to the Rhine and Cargo Port are my least favorite with all capture points in CQC areas. No positions to provide overwatch, no overlapping fields of fire, no mutual support and it's every lane for themselves. 

Berlin map is one of, if not the most unbalanced map in this game. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

1 hour ago, SlovenskaZver said:

What about no gun depression so you cannot use most hull down positions.

Also lack of commander thermals amplifies the gun depression issue, you have to go on top of the hill to be able to use gunner thermals to see anyone.

Longer reload makes is more beneficial when you don't miss and are able to one shoot or at least cripple a tank (more likely to happen on smaller ranges). If both of you miss the enemy will be able to shoot again before you can do it.

Bad or awful reverse speed makes it really hard to reverse down the hill to cover if your gun is damaged, so you have to push forward and hope you will find some hard cover (insert a joke about Russian players only holding W).

On city maps you don't have to worry about playing hull down. Lack of commander thermals is not that big of a deal. You are also more likely to cripple or one-shoot enemy tanks, so below average reload is somewhat lessened. You are more likely to penetrate upper front plate of leopard 2a5 form 10 meters away compared to from 2 km.

Not having neural steering and having slow turret rotation and elevation speed is a big disadvantage too, but in my opinion it is the lesser of two evils.

what even is this post

- If you're crippled in a city fight you are far more screwed than if you lose your breech poking a hill in a Russian MBT

- Easier to reverse back on a hill into cover than traversing your entire tank around in hopes of getting away

- why would you drive forward after cresting a hill and being shot assuming you can just reverse, as slow is it might be

- the Gun depression is bad but it's not as bad as the stat cards imply due to the T-72/80s construction, you're still screwed on Kuban but most other maps you can play around it

- City fights are utterly absurd in WT, they're all arbitrary labyrinths with blind corners you can shot from, you get shot in the side in a Russian tank, 99% of the time you explode, NATO MBTs can survive a hit or two which sometimes lets you save yourself, not to mention again the poor reactionary abilities of Russian tanks

- Longer reload is always has significant drawbacks

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

what even is this post

- If you're crippled in a city fight you are far more screwed than if you lose your breech poking a hill in a Russian MBT

- Easier to reverse back on a hill into cover than traversing your entire tank around in hopes of getting away

- why would you drive forward after cresting a hill and being shot assuming you can just reverse, as slow is it might be

- the Gun depression is bad but it's not as bad as the stat cards imply due to the T-72/80s construction, you're still screwed on Kuban but most other maps you can play around it

- City fights are utterly absurd in WT, they're all arbitrary labyrinths with blind corners you can shot from, you get shot in the side in a Russian tank, 99% of the time you explode, NATO MBTs can survive a hit or two which sometimes lets you save yourself, not to mention again the poor reactionary abilities of Russian tanks

- Longer reload is always has significant drawbacks

Urban maps are always chiller for Russians

No depression concern

all urban maps are lanes with narrow roads, you don't have to reverse or turn turret fast if you have ze high IQ and used it for planning route

• Upvote 2
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

15 hours ago, Evinsher_IT said:

I had really bad matches with that, 5 SPAA against panthers and tigers or viceversa. Was it really great?

Never said it was great, but the mode did have a lot of potential for improvement. I played in the first WW mode, so I know how bad it got.