Dear, Gaijin. Make well though out events or don't make them at all

This isn't first time and you guys are already veterans. So I don't know what is your excuse for making events like this.

Now you ask what is wrong with them? They make game almost unplayble. They make players do toxic things in game, they promote toxic playtyle. Game in general is worst than ever during events. For example now, you want new players and want player retention, right? So how does it look when new players come and see full team of R3 driving around dying. Then you end up fighting 2v10 non stop, because those R3 players just leave after death. Problem is this happens in like first 2 minutes of game, and they simply leave. 

Those players who do leave after first death in their car are also mostly veterans, shameful from them too, but there is cause for this kind of mindset. Reason is objectives and events force them on this behaviour.

This is again where developers come in and where all flaws are displayed, flaws that some of us(myself included) showed you over years. Flaws like not punishing leaving too early and boosting, because we can call this boosting. Every game out there punish people somehow for this kind of boosting. There have to be way to stop one death leavers, there also needs to be reward for staying in game and fighting until last tank. 

You guys, THE DEVELOPERS. Should promote staying in match, for healthy game and better matches. Reward players for using all tanks, for not leaving, for not suicide bombing. Not that all I get from fighting with all 5 tanks is huge repair bill. Because this also makes people leave after one death.

So please before you make event next time, first try to fix problems which in general makes me want to delete game. Like constant spam of same vehicle, constnatly have half of team leave in first 2 minutes. All this need to be adressed and found solution to reduce or remove. I gave suggestion of punishment for leavers and booster,while bigger reward for those who stay, maybe ever smaller repair bill if you used 3 or more tanks. Each spawn give yo % away from repair bill or something.

• Thanks 6
medal medal medal medal medal

They should look at how Star Trek Online does events. Some of Cryptic's events boil down to sign on once a day and play a certain battle. Do this for X number of days to get a free starship. Pretty sure Gaijin could do this. Star Trek Online even offers a buyout option if you either don't want to or can't do the event for some reason. Gaijin wants players suffering so they buy premium vehicles.

Cryptic, on the other hand, wants you to enjoy the game.

medal

If the cap requirement was removed it would alleviate this issue somewhat.

A very simple change to make the easiest of events less toxic inducing.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

54 minutes ago, JP_MR_Wiggles said:

so long as its replaced by best squad or come in the top 5 on the team

Or just wipe one requirement. I never get caps done anyway.

Best Squad would be hard since this Team game isn't a Team game (I know you can make it work but since only 1 award per match it might be too unfair against unsquaded, plus the fact usually there are one or two unlinked).

The Top 5 is good, however people dropping when they realise they aren't going to make it might be a similar issue.

Still, it would remove the cap requirement which appears to cause the worst effect.

30 minutes ago, Deranger79 said:

Or just wipe one requirement. I never get caps done anyway.

Best Squad would be hard since this Team game isn't a Team game (I know you can make it work but since only 1 award per match it might be too unfair against unsquaded, plus the fact usually there are one or two unlinked).

The Top 5 is good, however people dropping when they realise they aren't going to make it might be a similar issue.

Still, it would remove the cap requirement which appears to cause the worst effect.

similar effect had or even still have Battlefiled 5. 

They made each of their 40-50 weapons have 14 assignments, on top of other 50+ assignments. For each finished assignment you have to leave to activate new one. LIke that wasn't enough objectives in those assignments were so stupid and promoted toxic way of playing.

Just example, kill 20 with shotgun on objective from the hipfire - people ended camping in corners of objectives and blast you as soon as you arrive.

Or 20 kill from 150m with sniper - promoted camping on spawn and never leaving it.

Worst of this all those objectives where often 20 kills in one match. So if you are on 19, you fail and you have to start all over next match.

They alone made this assignments meta, toxic to the bone. The game was created to reward and require you team to play as team in order to win but assignments told them otherwise . Then when you asked why you guys wont attack or why you won't move with team, they would replay: Leave me alone i am doing assignments

And then when they finish doing those assignments, they had to leave. Leaving made a lot of maps with one side having 5-10 players more, all because of assignments and devs not making feature where you can change them in game.

It really pushed half of fanbase from game

Not same thing but similar with War Thunder. Where events make game worse and toxic. Like it isn't enough we already have GR1 or G91 R3 just being easy mode for months or years.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Kuky_HR said:

Just example, kill 20 with shotgun on objective from the hipfire - people ended camping in corners of objectives and blast you as soon as you arrive.

Yeah sounds awful. If we had reasonable objectives that people could get trough normal play, then they wouldn't be paying for Stars.

Sometimes it seems like the devs forget the huge ammount of grinding there is in this game, this is exactly what is driving people away and making retention rates so low.

I remember a few years ago you'd only needed 6 starts for main prizes and 3 for lower ones and the event itself wasn't as grindy as it is now. We get higher tiered vehicles now, it's true but the game expanded a lot as well so I'm not really sure if it makes a difference.

For me, the worse of it all is that this year's top prizes were not thought beforehand, they're poorly balanced and executed; T-10A is a joke of a tank at 7.7 and the MiG-21 PFM will get released as a worse vehicle than it already is because it was poorly modeled and now devs are on leave for Russian holidays. Worse than that, they refuse to make it any lower than 10.0 so we already know how the MM will be with a stream of new players right into 10.7.

That's why players get mad at Gaijin, it's the small stuff that could be corrected and is neglected.

medal medal

I am one of those players who do not play the tank events, although I do play tanks. For me, the tank event is too hard. If I were to do it, I would have to resort to odd strategies in order to get it done. I don't want to ruin the game nor my day, so I simply don't bother and enjoy the other two branches, where I find the conditions more reasonable.

Perhaps it would be better to replace the caps with kills over distance, kills/assists with arty or some such? Something one would encourage people to do anyway.

As this discussion is again labled realistic, I kind of wonder though, if you expect to get different tasks for different modes. Because if you don't, there is no point in putting it under realistic.

Edited by Dodo_Dud
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

2 minutes ago, Dodo_Dud said:

I am one of those players who do not play the tank events, although I do play tanks. For me, the tank event is too hard. If I were to do it, I would have to resort to odd strategies in order to get it done. I don't want to ruin the game nor my day, so I simply don't bother and enjoy the other two branches, where I find the conditions more reasonable.

Perhaps it would be better to replace the caps with kills over distance, kills/assists with arty or some such? Something one would encourage people to do anyway.

As this discussion is again labled realistic, I kind of wonder though, if you expect to get different tasks for different modes. Because if you don't, there is no point in putting it under realistic.

I have no problem doing this. Done it more than once in 7 years if WT. But they are just not worth it, some vehicles were fine but it took way to much of my time and effort. It made me play how I don't want to play. Which again can be frustrating. 

So I just said not anymore. 

But u noticed this event still affect me. Because I want to do golden wagers it just play for fun, but i can't. I noticed people play in strange way, they rush headlessly. Etc. It still affected match of us outside of events.

Objectives should be normal playsyle. Top 5, battle activity, kills. Not kill assists, it tells you not to kill targets lol. 

3 minutes ago, Kuky_HR said:

Objectives should be normal playsyle. Top 5, battle activity, kills. Not kill assists, it tells you not to kill targets lol. 

I'm not against assists, I wish scouting would count towards the assists as they already do in game but not for the event.

Not sure why but you can easily get some 8 assists that way in a single game, maybe that's why they prevent it.

medal medal

Assists are too unreliabe imo you neve know when you OHK a tank and i think i didnt even finish any of the Assists task before i got the others.

Maybe instead of Assists just have Score added like 1000min Score that also prevents 1 death 1 Cap leavers since they actually have to stay in for a bit longer maybe even make it 1500 Score 

2 hours ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

Assists are too unreliabe imo you neve know when you OHK a tank and i think i didnt even finish any of the Assists task before i got the others.

Maybe instead of Assists just have Score added like 1000min Score that also prevents 1 death 1 Cap leavers since they actually have to stay in for a bit longer maybe even make it 1500 Score 

Problem is that if half the team don't think they will achieve that score (for example, your side has one Uber player that mops up most of the kills, remember this is RIII+) then... One death leave again.

Remove cap task.

Kills - people won't leave as above.

Assists - people won't leave as above.

Wins - could lead to early leaving if not feeling they will win.

6 kills (etc) - could lead to people just needing that to leave if they don't think they will achieve.

So either just dump the cap one and keep as is, or REALLY think about what a new one could be. So far to me the other ideas could cause similar issues.

Maybe crits?

Or awards?

They come without thinking and can rack up a fair few over matches. But still, I'd be happy just dumping caps and only giving ground 4 options... Hell, dump the bomb amount for air too, that seems to annoy other players when you bring a bomber (been TKed a lot in early events due to this, so I generally won't bother doing air anymore).

(People's other ideas do not get a no from me, however I think we really need to think what could go wrong).

Edited by Deranger79

Swap the cap task with someting air releated. Its named combined battles for a reason. Aircrafts are an important part of this game mode. So include something like: Kill 10 air vehicles (helis & planes) in combined battles. But please with RB modifier 2x. Planes are very frequent and easy to kill in Arcade, its quite a bit harder in RB. Air to air and ground to air kills should be both legit to get the task done.

This way the insane R3 (+other speed cars) "caprushing & leave" would end. Well..leave is probably no the right word. Most speed cars relentlessly rush towars the enemy team to get killed asap. This immeadetly frees up the crewslot for another caprun. Otherwise you would have crewlock, no one does it like this. Its currently more like cap'n'suicide.

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

43 minutes ago, Thodin said:

Swap the cap task with someting air releated. Its named combined battles for a reason. Aircrafts are an important part of this game mode. So include something like: Kill 10 air vehicles (helis & planes) in combined battles. But please with RB modifier 2x. Planes are very frequent and easy to kill in Arcade, its quite a bit harder in RB. Air to air and ground to air kills should be both legit to get the task done.

This way the insane R3 (+other speed cars) "caprushing & leave" would end. Well..leave is probably no the right word. Most speed cars relentlessly rush towars the enemy team to get killed asap. This immeadetly frees up the crewslot for another caprun. Otherwise you would have crewlock, no one does it like this. Its currently more like cap'n'suicide.

or they could make so you won't get objective score if you leave to early. Like COD have, if you leave match it wont count

27 minutes ago, Kuky_HR said:

or they could make so you won't get objective score if you leave to early. Like COD have, if you leave match it wont count

But did you notice that if you finish a game in your plane that it will count towards the plane streak.

So once you are through your tanks and only left with air but want to leave you can’t coz you won’t get the score or it will count for your planes.

Basically it won’t stop the 1 death leavers but makes it more an issue for the ones that stick around.

9 minutes ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

But did you notice that if you finish a game in your plane that it will count towards the plane streak.

So once you are through your tanks and only left with air but want to leave you can’t coz you won’t get the score or it will count for your planes.

Basically it won’t stop the 1 death leavers but makes it more an issue for the ones that stick around.

I actually like that crossover between  pilots and tankers tasks. Yesterday I did both stars just with Ground RB. With the current state of Air Arcade and Air RB I really prefer this one.

19 hours ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

It's funny how i make mainly assist task (i with "kills" and "killstreak" or "win" tasks) 

In 2 hours, i do planes tasks:

RB Mode for 20 kills and the 4 killstreak(x2 RB reward helps a lot) 

AB Mode for assists(for 10 assists, i do approx 2 or 3 games)

In 3-4hours i do tanks tasks:

Going to the 6 kills in RB. 

Going for 50kills RB/AB. 

Then, Choosing between win or assists depending on what's left. 

(no RB reward for tanks,...) 

So 5-6hours each 2 days, for making 2/3 of the event (i hate naval),... It's not difficult, it just need time. 

BUT ON THE MAIN TOPIC:

Pretty much all games are making things harder during events time. 

It's part of the event. 

Edited by Cpt_Bel_V

1 hour ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Pretty much all games are making things harder during events time. 

It's part of the event. 

Point is, the cap task is the most obviously destructive. So would be an asset to remove it.

1 hour ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

It's funny how i make mainly assist task (i with "kills" and "killstreak" or "win" tasks) 

For me to get assists i have to shoot tracks and stuff then hope my team mates get the kill, bit easier when i squad up with my clan mates but they are on vacation :yes_yes_yes:

1 hour ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

For me to get assists i have to shoot tracks and stuff then hope my team mates get the kill, bit easier when i squad up with my clan mates but they are on vacation :yes_yes_yes:

Never do (ground) assist tasks^^ Thats just too idiotic and rather hard to achieve...simply far too many assists. Doesn't suit my playstyle as well: Crippling an enemy vehicle and leave it there for others to kill...no thanks.

I understand your anger but be honest my friend  Gaijing doesn't give  what we think .  How could they possibly listen to us? Do you remember the Golden Eagle vehicle? Many players have only one Golden Eagle vehicle and they don't have a full team. If Gaijing increases the penalty for quitting then they will lose those players which means a lot of money.  Have you not noticed what Gaijing is doing now? Constantly adding new vehicles without fixing bugs, ignoring game balance and ignoring the BR system is now overloaded.  They never intended the game to run for a long time.

1 hour ago, Thodin said:

Never do (ground) assist tasks^^ Thats just too idiotic and rather hard to achieve...simply far too many assists. Doesn't suit my playstyle as well: Crippling an enemy vehicle and leave it there for others to kill...no thanks.

I think there is a place for an assist task. It is a matter of vehicle choice to some extent. Poorly gunned heavies and AAs are best for the assist task. Stay close to action and just shoot at everything you see and aim for the barrel first if not able to pen turret and soak the blows with the heavy or take cover with the AA. The distraction you are causing will be helping your team to win especially if you time your shots to draw fire from your team mates who are getting to a position for a kill shot. Doing single shots with a high caliber AA can make the enemy think you are something else if they don't have a proper visual on you and the kill feed does not reveal your vehicle before you kill something. Also properly placed arty averages around assist/minute on small maps if your team is doing a decent job.

The assists tasks usually don't come before other tasks are fulfilled if played normally. However sometimes after getting both of the usual kill tasks it is closer than caps or wins, so taking out your KV1B with wirbel or 5.3 Jumbo with m19 and hoping for a full uptier is a good recipe for assists.

Of course victory must never be sacrificed for tasks. If the game is not going well for your team, you need to change tactics and possibly vehicle, which is cheap with uptier spawn costs. Once I was trying to get assist with my 5.3 jumbo uptiered all the way to 6.3, but since there were no team mates around to do the killing I accidentally ended up killing pretty much everything and getting balancer award with well over 5 five kills with the thing, I failed to be disappointed with the outcome although I got only a couple of assists.

The cap task however is terrible. Even without meme vehicles it makes a lot of players make battle losing decisions chasing the next cap before properly securing the previous.

medal medal medal medal

4 hours ago, Cpt_Bel_V said:

Let newbies going for cap, I'll kill faster than ever. XD 

I tried to do have that mindset but it started to grate :016:

• Haha 1

i think there was once also a task like "get x times first place in a match", but that ended just in the guy in first place teamkilling everyone that was coming close to having more points than him. A ranking task will probably just get you a whole new level of toxic stuff to experience xD

better would be something that everyone can easily get by just playing, like "play 20 matches with reasonable amount of activity" (activity requirement was once 50%, now it´s 70%...)

uuh, and if you come up with ever increasing requirements for tasks people will go for the way that feels the fastest (and cap something with an r3 and get a few kills from the baguette clowncars will give you 2 tasks quite easily).

in one of the first events in ground forces, you just had to kill 30 (or 20/25?) tanks while commanding a german vehicle to get the pz3n, and for the other side it was the same with russian vehicles to get the t-34-57 mod43 . And now it´s 500 kills, 250 assists (and 20 days time) for 2 clowncars, one is as big as a mouse, but with hullbreak and the other looks like someone strapped the one ugly turret the french designed on a ww1 tractor and called it a day.

I somewhat feel that reward / effort is not at it´s peak, more like still digging for a new all time low^^

medal medal medal medal medal medal