Time To change the Challenger 2 Turrent traverse speed

Right just reading this book on the challenger 2 and found it also mentions that the Challenger 2 has a turret rotation speed of 30 degrees a second (12 sec full rotation), and as the last bug report was rejected due to a single source thought we could use this, if anyone has any more sources to support this it would be appreciated as it would be nice to send them 3 or 4 sources and it really needs fixing as its currently the turret rotation is more like half of what it should be.

136079538_203752428076346_4949970785867083008_n.jpg

134996887_409483446836675_1619818784983603014_n.jpg

Edited by Forlorn_Hope_
medal medal medal medal medal medal

This isn't necessarily on topic, but if you like books like that, you should sign up to Scribd.  It's an online library with tons and tons of stuff.  There's a 30 day free trial period and after that its like $10 a month.  I recognize that book from my Scribd subscription.  If the sub fee isn't what you're interested in, you can sign in with different email addresses.

medal medal medal medal medal

40 minutes ago, Forlorn_Hope_ said:

strange mine with expert is 24.8 does it really make that much of a difference ? if so and its 30 deg a second I'm happy just need to grind to ace now

Because you don't have the Horizontal Drive module.

medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

3 hours ago, Korvetten said:

Aced crew is 31 degrees already.

Gaijin likely wont accept this source anyways.

Wait if what korventten said is correct.

Aint challenger 2 already perform on par with what OP mentioned.

medal

The report has been submitted.

The failure mode is at 600 mill/second, currently in WT the best case scenario is 551 mill/second (mill as defined in manual, 6400 in a circle).

The best case scenario on WT with modifications and an aced crew is still classed as a failure. Things like turret rotation speeds and muzzle velocities are almost always factory new and so should be expected to be closer to 45o/s rather than the failure mode of 34o/s. It certainly should not be 31o/s.

Edited by Shirazz

That's surprising, that document wasn't reported yet? 

I've seen that page since a whole year ago thinking it was already reported.

7 hours ago, Korvetten said:

That's surprising, that document wasn't reported yet? 

I've seen that page since a whole year ago thinking it was already reported.

A lot of people like talking the talk but not walking the walk here.

9 hours ago, Shirazz said:

A lot of people like talking the talk but not walking the walk here.

Well have you written a bug report about the side turret armor missing a 60mm plate at all yet?

2 hours ago, Shirazz said:

Nope, but I havnt seen any measurements provided. However, I do currently have 2 outstanding reports on the redtop missile, 6 on CR2 and 1 on stormer.

image.thumb.png.45fc861dc03eccc90e59f7af

Construction photo here has the same plate found on the front turret there where in the X-ray view ingame the walls closest in the turret have an empty gap on the side.

54 minutes ago, DramaticPooP said:

How does crew skill affect electrical input? Why is turret traverse for modern tanks affected by crew skill?

This was discussed a very long time ago... It's a Gaijin thing

The same way that the 'electrical power' counts down when you switch the main engine off despite there being a GUE (Generator Unit Engine) or aux engine that is used for that exact purpose... to power the gun kit in silent watch indefinitely if required. Challenger 1 had the same and so did Chieftain... 

Furthermore, since most modern MBT's have a commanders override function (although the degree of functionality differs from tank to tank) . That situation when you cannot move the turret or fire when the gunner gets killed despite still having the breech and full turret functionality is also inaccurate... 

Edited by _Fear_Naught_
medal medal medal

51 minutes ago, _Fear_Naught_ said:

This was discussed a very long time ago... It's a Gaijin thing

The same way that the 'electrical power' counts down when you switch the main engine off despite there being a GUE (Generator Unit Engine) or aux engine that is used for that exact purpose... to power the gun kit in silent watch indefinitely if required. Challenger 1 had the same and so did Chieftain... 

Furthermore, since most modern MBT's have a commanders override function (although the degree of functionality differs from tank to tank) . That situation when you cannot move the turret or fire when the gunner gets killed despite still having the breech and full turret functionality is also inaccurate... 

For Britain you can even go back as far as the FV214 Conqueror for full commander overide.

medal

43 minutes ago, TwitchyCarlos said:

For Britain you can even go back as far as the FV214 Conqueror for full commander overide.

I was referring to the GUE when I mentioned the other tanks... but thanks.

medal medal medal

6 hours ago, Korvetten said:

Construction photo here has the same plate found on the front turret there where in the X-ray view ingame the walls closest in the turret have an empty gap on the side.

This doesn't provide any measurements, the bar is so high for reports that reporting this would not go anywhere. I have, however, used this to bug report gaps in the the NERA array that should not be there.

In terms of turret rotation Gaijin are like talking to a brick wall on these issues, just like with practically every other issue on the challenger tanks. Either they refuse partially restricted documents because they think they're classified or they straight up tell you that there isn't enough information because the document doesn't give a nursery level explanation for them (looking at Gaijin's stance on the L26 and L27 muzzle velocities here, literally gave them a 1st hand document giving the strike energy and penetration and they won't change muzzle velocity because apparently changing muzzle velocity based on a school level physics calculation (KE=1/2mv^2) is too much for them). I believe @_Fear_Naught_ even sat in a goddamn chally 2 and filmed himself rotating the turret and Gaijin still wouldn't take it.

medal medal

15 hours ago, Korvetten said:

This was actually reported on the Russian side of the forums from what I recall could be wrong worth doing it on the English forum though just incase

Meh, the front plate of that turret there is already in game as 50 could just tell them to use the same plate.

Either way gaijin is half correct in refusing sources that require implications. It's not their fault that the information is not there, but its there fault for not doing it right in the first place. There are so many missing pieces to the Challenger 2 that its incredibly hard to actually get it right, without making guesses. Which is sort of a double standard but here we are, its not been an issue as  much for most other tanks considering the abundance of information for them to the point you can figure out everything about them.

If that gets reported it will almost certainly be a waste of time and not pass as there are no measurements for those plates provided. Gaijin will just state they are included in the estimations for the NERA array if they give any response at all. Gaijin do not know what the NERA packages look like and so the representation in game is almost certainly an approximation.

9 hours ago, Korvetten said:

Either way gaijin is half correct in refusing sources that require implications. It's not their fault that the information is not there, but its there fault for not doing it right in the first place. There are so many missing pieces to the Challenger 2 that its incredibly hard to actually get it right, without making guesses. Which is sort of a double standard but here we are, its not been an issue as  much for most other tanks considering the abundance of information for them to the point you can figure out everything about them.

I have a feeling that, in the past at least, Gaijin accepted fewer sources if very little information was available for the vehicle or the vehicle was a prototype (or just a handful built). So if sources tell us that the Challenger has quicker turret traverse than we have in-game for example, and Gaijin replies; "this isn't enough evidence". Then the question in reply should be "well where is your evidence for the current figure Mr Gaijin?". This has already worked for more obscure vehicles.