Jump to content

How works BR in this mode?


I assume this is for Arcade Air Battles?

 

Then yes, it is the best lineup with the aircraft you have. Your Total Battle Rating is 3.7, the best you can get with the aircraft you have unlocked:

 

Because the strongest BR in your lineup is 4.0-3.7-3.3 you get downtiered to 3.7 total. If you add another 3.7 or 4.0 aircraft your Total Battle Rating goes up to 4.0.

 

The best lineup is always all vehicles of the same BR. If one vehicle has a different BR it should always be lower, never higher.

 

You can always see your current Total Battle Rating in the hangar screen (see red circle below)

 

 

2055993185_Inkedshot2020_08_2909_38.07_L

 

Hope this helps.

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2021 at 14:20, Superyuruli said:

I want to know for what is the BR in this mode, is safe play with a line of planes like  image.thumb.png.99870a324e7f745bd269700a this?

AB?  With that linup your BR is 3.7.

 

A bit hard to explain so best if you read up the wiki article - https://wiki.warthunder.com/Battle_ratings.

Edited by Josephs_Piano
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sb2c over a20-g imo.  A20 is okay now, used to be better, but is already spaded for you I see.. Sb2c is slightly slower, however it gets cannons(pretty good ones, too), has bomber spawn, and can typically make it to target.  Since it is not spaded for you, spading it would increase your research points earned as you would get bonus research points for finishing a whole row of modifications in the same tier for that aircraft(mods row 1, 2, 3, etc).

medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, krise_madsen said:

I assume this is for Arcade Air Battles?

 

Then yes, it is the best lineup with the aircraft you have. Your Total Battle Rating is 3.7, the best you can get with the aircraft you have unlocked:

 

Because the strongest BR in your lineup is 4.0-3.7-3.3 you get downtiered to 3.7 total. If you add another 3.7 or 4.0 aircraft your Total Battle Rating goes up to 4.0.

 

The best lineup is always all vehicles of the same BR. If one vehicle has a different BR it should always be lower, never higher.

 

You can always see your current Total Battle Rating in the hangar screen (see red circle below)

 

 

2055993185_Inkedshot2020_08_2909_38.07_L

 

Hope this helps.

but i had diferents planes with BR in a line i don't get it

2 hours ago, ragedz said:

Sb2c over a20-g imo.  A20 is okay now, used to be better, but is already spaded for you I see.. Sb2c is slightly slower, however it gets cannons(pretty good ones, too), has bomber spawn, and can typically make it to target.  Since it is not spaded for you, spading it would increase your research points earned as you would get bonus research points for finishing a whole row of modifications in the same tier for that aircraft(mods row 1, 2, 3, etc).

but what  i had a plane of 3.0 and 3.3 with  4.0 planes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Superyuruli said:

but i had diferents planes with BR in a line i don't get it

but what  i had a plane of 3.0 and 3.3 with  4.0 planes?

 

You are thinking along the lines of an average Battle Rating, but that's now how it works.

 

Look, it can be difficult to wrap your brain around how it works. I thought I had it figured out at first, but I got it wrong for a whole year. However, there are a few simple rules you can follow that helps you make good lineups:

 

The highest BR of your lineup determines your Total Battle Rating.

  • Adding an aircraft with a higher BR increases your Total Battle Rating.
  • Adding an aircraft with a lower BR does not reduce your Total Battle Rating.

The goal is to have as many aircraft with the highest possible BR without increasing your Total Battle Rating.

 

The lineup below is good: Total Battle Rating is 3.0 and all aircraft are BR 3.0

2101521235_shot2021_01_0623_52_34.thumb.

 

The lineup below is OK: Total Battle Rating is 3.0, most aircraft are BR 3.0 and the rest are just below at BR 2.7.

1992354799_shot2021_01_0700_06_12.thumb.

 

The lineup below is bad: The Total Battle Rating is 3.3, but only one aircraft is 3.3 the rest is 3.0
1588519727_shot2021_01_0700_03_44.thumb.

 

The lineup below is very bad: Total Battle Rating is 5.3, but only one aircraft is BR 5.3, the rest are much lower.

1185562159_shot2021_01_0700_14_42.thumb.

 

 

  • Try to have all aircraft in your lineup with the same BR, or as close to the same BR as possible.
  • If some aircraft in your lineup has a different BR it must always be lower BR, never higher BR.

 

Remember, the highest BR in your lineup decides your Total Battle Rating; it is not an average of BR's.

 

Sometimes, when you unlock a new aircraft with a higher BR, it is best not to use it until you have 3-4 aircraft of nearly the same BR to make a good lineup:

1185562159_shot2021_01_0700_14_42.thumb.

In this example, it is better to not use the F4U-4 (BR 5.3) until you have unlocked 2-3 aircraft more of BR 5.0 or 5.3.

 

Again, this is not the whole story. The wiki that  @Josephs_Piano linked to has the full explanation. But until then you can use the simple rules version I described above.

 

Hope this helps, but don't be afraid to ask more questions.

 

 

shot 2021.01.07 00.06.12.jpg

medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krise_madsen said:

 

You are thinking along the lines of an average Battle Rating, but that's now how it works.

 

Look, it can be difficult to wrap your brain around how it works. I thought I had it figured out at first, but I got it wrong for a whole year. However, there are a few simple rules you can follow that helps you make good lineups:

 

The highest BR of your lineup determines your Total Battle Rating.

  • Adding an aircraft with a higher BR increases your Total Battle Rating.
  • Adding an aircraft with a lower BR does not reduce your Total Battle Rating.

The goal is to have as many aircraft with the highest possible BR without increasing your Total Battle Rating.

 

The lineup below is good: Total Battle Rating is 3.0 and all aircraft are BR 3.0

2101521235_shot2021_01_0623_52_34.thumb.

 

The lineup below is OK: Total Battle Rating is 3.0, most aircraft are BR 3.0 and the rest are just below at BR 2.7.

1992354799_shot2021_01_0700_06_12.thumb.

 

The lineup below is bad: The Total Battle Rating is 3.3, but only one aircraft is 3.3 the rest is 3.0
1588519727_shot2021_01_0700_03_44.thumb.

 

The lineup below is very bad: Total Battle Rating is 5.3, but only one aircraft is BR 5.3, the rest are much lower.

1185562159_shot2021_01_0700_14_42.thumb.

 

 

  • Try to have all aircraft in your lineup with the same BR, or as close to the same BR as possible.
  • If some aircraft in your lineup has a different BR it must always be lower BR, never higher BR.

 

Remember, the highest BR in your lineup decides your Total Battle Rating; it is not an average of BR's.

 

Sometimes, when you unlock a new aircraft with a higher BR, it is best not to use it until you have 3-4 aircraft of nearly the same BR to make a good lineup:

1185562159_shot2021_01_0700_14_42.thumb.

In this example, it is better to not use the F4U-4 (BR 5.3) until you have unlocked 2-3 aircraft more of BR 5.0 or 5.3.

 

Again, this is not the whole story. The wiki that  @Josephs_Piano linked to has the full explanation. But until then you can use the simple rules version I described above.

 

Hope this helps, but don't be afraid to ask more questions.

 

 

shot 2021.01.07 00.06.12.jpg

ohh now i get it, thanks for help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/01/2021 at 15:25, krise_madsen said:

 

You are thinking along the lines of an average Battle Rating, but that's now how it works.

 

  • Remember, the highest BR in your lineup decides your Total Battle Rating; it is not an average of BR's.

 

 

You still have have it wrong. Total Battle rating is the AVERAGE of your top 3 BR planes. The highest  BR plane does not determine your Battle Rating unless you've put together your lineup wrong. The easiest way to do your lineup is to start with 3 planes. For example, a 4.0 a 3.7 and a 3.3. Your total BR is now 3.7. You can now add up to 7 more planes of 3.3 or less and your BR will not change. If you get a good Match Making, you will see planes of 2.7 which you can dispose of with your 4.0 plane

medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, itchee_roids said:

You still have have it wrong. Total Battle rating is the AVERAGE of your top 3 BR planes. The highest  BR plane does not determine your Battle Rating unless you've put together your lineup wrong. The easiest way to do your lineup is to start with 3 planes. For example, a 4.0 a 3.7 and a 3.3. Your total BR is now 3.7. You can now add up to 7 more planes of 3.3 or less and your BR will not change. If you get a good Match Making, you will see planes of 2.7 which you can dispose of with your 4.0 plane

 

  1. That's, um. That's now how averages work. I know what you mean though.
  2. I was keeping things simple for the newbie. There's a lot to learn and no need to carpet bomb the poor sod with information (see my previous post below)
    On 07/01/2021 at 00:25, krise_madsen said:

    Again, this is not the whole story. The wiki that  @Josephs_Piano linked to has the full explanation. But until then you can use the simple rules version I described above.

     

     

  3. @Superyuruli: Yes, you can have one aircraft with a BR one step higher than the Total Battle Rating. It's called downtiering. Don't worry about that just yet. Stick to the simple rules I posted, and when you are comfortable with that concept you can send me a PM and I'll give you a guide for downtiering.
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get this, the average of my top three BR planes here should be closer to 3.7 than 4.0, but the system insists my battle BR will be 4.0. Yet the Wiki page linked to at the start of this thread clearly states: "Total BR will only be lowered if there is only one aircraft with the highest BR in the lineup". My setup matches this criterion :

 

2JojLFD.jpg

Edited by qpranger
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qpranger said:

I don't get this, the average of my top three BR planes here should be closer to 3.7 than 4.0, but the system insists my battle BR will be 4.0. Yet the Wiki page linked to at the start of this thread clearly states: "Total BR will only be lowered if there is only one aircraft with the highest BR in the lineup". My setup matches this criterion :

 

 

 

Yeah, that's not how it works. Again, average has nothing to do with Total Battle Rating*

 

If you want to downtier (=lower Total Battle Rating than the top BR in your lineup) your three top BR aircraft must each have a BR one step below the other.

 

  • In your example, the top BR is 4.0. Because you have more than one aircraft at 3.7 your Total Battle Rating remain at 4.0.
  • Try removing three of the 3.7 aircraft so you have one at 4.0, one at 3.7 and one at 3.3. Your Total Battle Rating will go down to 3.7.
  • You can add more 3.3 aircraft to this and your Total Battle Rating will remain at 3.7.

In the examples below, the lineup on the left has a 4.0 Total Battle Rating because there are two 3.7 aircraft. The lineup on the right has just one 3.7 to Total Battle Rating goes down to 3.7.

1738439513_shot2021_01_1700_00_07.thumb. 1103990133_shot2021_01_1623_59_49.thumb.

 

The simple rule is: One top BR aircraft, one aircraft a step below and the rest below that. Think of it like these steps:

 

images.thumb.jpg.54876c1e766fe35ca8c36af

 

One aircraft on the top step, one a step below, and the rest on the floor.

 

(*technically speaking, yes, it's calculated with math and averages, but there are so many special rules and exceptions it becomes moot. The "danger" of calling it average is that people think they can add up the BR's and divide with the number of aircraft to get the Total Battle Rating, and that doesn't work).

  • Upvote 1
medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/01/2021 at 12:10, krise_madsen said:

The simple rule is: One top BR aircraft, one aircraft a step below and the rest below that. Think of it like these steps:

 

images.thumb.jpg.54876c1e766fe35ca8c36af

 

One aircraft on the top step, one a step below, and the rest on the floor.

 

Nice!:good:

 

ETA:  with this setup your BR is that of the aircraft 1 step below the top :)

Edited by Josephs_Piano
  • Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...