a good game slowly getting ruined

well aside from the lag last few days with 100k people online and the game being unplayable, realistic battles is no better than arcade mode. its ridiculous damage dynamics has made it a instagib kill game. at 4.7 the EBR has utterly ruined historical gameplay. EBR no matter where it hits you, you are dead. one shot one kill. i dont care where you get hit , an EBR always kills on first shot. 1940 tanks cannot compete with this and the game has become more a nightmare than fun anymore. why the EBR is at 4.7 is utterly ridiculous. does gaijin want people to quit? **** poor decisions being made and alot of players are down right pissed off. unbalanced gameplay and horrible lag, do not expect people to dump more money into a game that is getting more ignorant by the day. pull it together gaijin or youre going to lose alot more players

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 8

They could move it all the way to 7.7 and it will still see King Tigers.

Also doesn't it not have anything in the way of armor?

• Haha 2
medal

The EBR is probably 5.3 worthy imo but as usual ppl only look from the point that they are getting killed by it and not from both sides using and facing it.

Now 4.7 is argulably low for a gun with such an performance an 10 round Autoloader with a 143mm pen at 1000m thats more of an 5.3 kind of weapon.

Matter of fact the AMX-13 uses the same gun and 6.3 for the Tech Tree and 6.7 for the Premium Versions now they both do get a better round with 156mm pen at 1000m and the Premium gets ATGM.

Now lets have a look at the Chassis/Armor of the EBR 

20mm to the front and sides and 15mm on the Back needless to say it can be penned by .50cals or higher Caliber HMG's

Also a single HE round will finish the Job.

As it currently stands the EBR for some reason has really slow despite a similar weight to power ratio to the AMX-13's but the lack of tracks and those two steel wheels providing no tracking off road as well as the fact that you cannot retract them to increase on road speed/Accellaration makes it mediocre at best and Horrible in rough terrain.

So like i said at best its worthy of a 5.3 BR not higher as some ppl here mentioned if some of its mobility issues get fixed.

and if you cannot deal with it in a 3.7 tank lobing a HE shell at it i suggest some practise as fighting this tank its about who sees who first and frankly almost all other 4.7's can take out a 3.7 in 1-2 Shots with the first shot rendering you useless.

• Like 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

WWII vehicles need to have separate tiers, R3, EBR etc are really breaking the part of the game I love.

Would be possible to have tiers only for vehicles that actually fought in WWII? prototypes, incomplete vehicles, concept vehicles, imaginary vehicles and post war vehicles should have their own tiers range (in which you could bring also WWII vehicles if you want).

It is an historically accurate game the game I am willing to invest on.

• Confused 1
medal

1 hour ago, NSallaNuto said:

It is an historically accurate game the game I am willing to invest on.

There is a reason why Gaijin stopped calling it Historical Battles to Realistic Battles coz it aint Historical accurate.

On that Note Gaijin could do with some events, but if you want Historical accuracy then Tigers should be 4.7 Tanks based of their Production Date alone 

2 hours ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

Now 4.7 is argulably low for a gun with such an performance an 10 round Autoloader with a 143mm pen at 1000m thats more of an 5.3 kind of weapon.

Even though we have had the FL10 in game at 4.7 for a VERY long time (yes it is not as nimble, but has better armour), and the SA50 with the same gun (but no autoloader).

Some of the issue is that all those "just drive in straight line till i hit something" that plague a majority of matches now have people more often using F L A N K S, or forward ambush positions.  But like when the 3.0 Puma got added, and the 3.0 BT, and anything with mobility.

5.3 does sound about right, but people really need to wait until the Event/new toys area is over.  Events always suck, even the better ones like this one (please, remove caps requirement).  Also, since people know EBRs and R3s are rife in these zones, why not bring counters?

Edited by Deranger79
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, anrchy777 said:

the EBR has utterly ruined historical gameplay

The 1944 Pumas at 1.3 fighting early 1930's tanks ruined historical gameplay long before the EBR.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 7

Yep, EBR and R3 destroying game.

Almost every time i play match, after releasing EBR i consider leaving WT.

How many of same vehicle types you have on match? Usually like 5ish EBR on both sides, is this balanced MM?

13 hours ago, CreditCardCmndo said:

On that Note Gaijin could do with some events, but if you want Historical accuracy then Tigers should be 4.7 Tanks based of their Production Date alone 

This is exactly why Gaijin stopped making these events. Everyone wanted these game breaking kind of vehicles that were only fun for those playing the stronger sides. It's like asking for KVs vs low german caliber guns - of course it's going to be unbalanced, especially for uncoordinated, random teams.

I wish they would bring back the events but with more balanced line ups. It's far from historical anyway, they could take some liberties in making the MM more enjoyable.

3 hours ago, Fleshbone_CZ said:

How many of same vehicle types you have on match? Usually like 5ish EBR on both sides, is this balanced MM?

I often play with a complete team of EBRs. I tell you, unless the team steamroll it gets hard to win because lots of people don't bother playing a line up with it.

medal medal

8 hours ago, nxdefiant001 said:
22 hours ago, anrchy777 said:

The 1944 Pumas at 1.3 fighting early 1930's tanks ruined historical gameplay long before the EBR.

That's the reason I never play my Soviet Matilda, a rare vehicle, because Germans have the 75 (one of the best weapons in the game, I'd like to remind them) as low as 3.0; rendering lots of heavy tanks useless.

And here we are, people saying a 75mm is too strong to 4.7 and don't cross the street unless they have an 88 or 75 equiped tank, also as slow as 3.3.

France does not have as near as Germany does in terms of tank destroying cappability. I agree it seems it's good for 4.7, maybe it will move to 5.0. Anything higher than that and we're back to "normal" AKA Germany with those ridiculous winning rates at 4.0~~5.3. KV1Bs had almost 80% WR last month.

Let's face it, other nations and in need of good tanks in that BR.

• Like 1
medal medal

14 hours ago, Despeao said:

This is exactly why Gaijin stopped making these events. Everyone wanted these game breaking kind of vehicles that were only fun for those playing the stronger sides

That is true too and like i said most ppl here only see things from one side aka their side of view never looking at the full spectrum.

EBR is a menace, this gun and the speed of that vehicle kill any tank releated gameplay. Just 2 min into a match you get shot from any direction (mostly from the back). Not that it has to, this 183mm penetration, autoloading gun kills all my 4.x heavies from any direction with one shot. Outmaneuvers every other medium and lol kills everything. Thats no tank game anymore, just a mindless instakill racing tournament. Those light cars + strong gun combos are just too strong, especially if you consider their trolly damage model. Ppl even uptiering it vs. 5.X/6.X tanks with the same "success".

Edited by Thodin
  • Confused 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

22 minutes ago, Thodin said:

EBR is a menace, this gun and the speed of that vehicle kill any tank releated gameplay. Just 2 min into a match you get shot from any direction (mostly from the back). Not that it has to, this 183mm penetration, autoloading gun kills all my 4.x heavies from any direction with one shot. Outmaneuvers every other medium and lol kills everything. Thats no tank game anymore, just a mindless instakill racing tournament. Those light cars + strong gun combos are just too strong, especially if you consider their trolly damage model. Ppl even uptiering it vs. 5.X/6.X tanks with the same "success".

Getting shot from the back huh?

That you means you and your teammates did not pay attention and let them slip through.

Using the ppl bring it into higher BR’s is just a lame excuse, coz I nailed an T-80U with the Sturmpz 15sig that’s a what 1.3 in a 10.7 match and it ain’t a one off either so what should be uptier that too ? 

well with 300 ping and 90% packet loss the game has been unplayable for at least a week now. no other modern game in my library lags but war thunder does, mainly when i come into sight of enemy and then my shells fly thru tanks like theyre not there or my tank starts making turns and donuts regardless if i was going straight or not. not to mention i would go 3 or 4 games without dying once, but eery game now i die twice from EBR back to back, generally shot from behind or hit so many times i cant do anything due to EBR 4 second reload. you would think gaijin would try and encourage us to play and hae fun, but they are running the player base away in masses. another good game ruined by greedy developers.

• Confused 1

The game is starting to go more rapidly downhill. For me the start was the mixing of late cold war (60's/70's) vehicles with the mid WW2 stuff. Then came the increasingly comic style maps like Sweden, Italy and so on, and those bloody mushrooms that have started appearing on some maps. Given that Enlisted seems to be the focus of the developers, I doubt much will get fixed in WT. I feel a bit sad about that. WT was the only game that I have played for so long and enjoyed. Enjoyed despite the uptiers and such. 

The events seem to produce increasingly weird player behaviour. Today my only 4.7 game was 5 x R3 vs 8 EBR with a few assorted others on each side. Two of our players exited before spawning, and I sympathise with that - the crazy cars running around spraying bullets, and the EBRs zapping from their camping spots before the rest of us - both sides - had got out of the spawn. I'll give it a couple more days and maybe take a long break.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, crabpot said:

Given that Enlisted seems to be the focus of the developers, I doubt much will get fixed in WT.

Gaijin is only the publisher of Entlisted, not the developer. 

5 minutes ago, crabpot said:

The events seem to produce increasingly weird player behaviour.

The gameplay has always suffered when there was a task event, people play even more selfishly than usual. 

This is nothing new and the event is now fortunately over on 11 January. 

• Upvote 1
medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal medal

It genuinely pains me to see armored cars making donuts around Tigers and Panthers struggling to climb up a hill.  Seriously, just look at them compared to the rest of the vehicles at their BR's.  They're an utterly stupid deviation from multiple angles.  There are other awkward inconsistencies like the Puma mentioned before, which I think should be upped just a bit more too.  In my eyes, though, the R3 and EBR ought to be priority for moving up.  I doubt it'll be a "sustainable" fix because there'll still be the problem of downtiers, but at least it'll be something while another solution could be thought out.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hello, I had played WT quite a lot around 2014-2016.

In my humble point of vue, the game experience started declining after the introduction of M18 (quite a long time ago). Until that moment, it was a tank game that produced the feeling of driving an armored war machine. You would take some hits, have some damage, try to hit weakspots in the enemy, calculate distances in long range battles... With the introduction of M18 I shelved my beloved Tiger I and started playing lower BRs. Not so bad.

Then, the glass cannon era started: flakpartybus, and more and more light tank destroyers for every nation. At some moment, it became a first spot, first kill game.

I really like increasing the number of vehicles in the game, but the gameplay feeling was never the same. Eventually I moved to Crossout (also a Gaijin game), but in the bottom of my soul I always loved War Thunder more...

I started playing again WT a couple of weeks ago... First battle in my old times usual BR (~4): half the team was R3, the other half German KV1. Then I read in forums that now that almos at every BR there is a super fast paper armored hard hitting plague that will ruin your day. :crying:

What is the solution? BR revision? Force separation of WWII and post war engines?

I think it would be a great addition if there was number limit in battles for exotic vehicles (for instance there were just 15 flak88 trucks built in IIWW, but  there was a time in WT in which half the team was composed of them). I don't mind if there are a couple of fast or hard hittin tank destroyers in the opposing team, but fot the sake of inmersion I would love to see battles between the machines that were the workhorses of WWII (pzIV's, T-34s, M4s).

I don't mind if there are anachronisms like a 1944 cromwell fighting a 1942 T-34, because they have similar abilities (even the post war ASU-57 is not so bad), but stabilized gun, HEATFS armed beasts flying around old fashioned steel crawling machines is just a drama.

I will try to enjoy this game again, even if I'm forced to play just 1-2 BR vehicles... but it used to be a great game.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mygor said:

I started playing again WT a couple of weeks ago... First battle in my old times usual BR (~4): half the team was R3, the other half German KV1. Then I read in forums that now that almos at every BR there is a super fast paper armored hard hitting plague that will ruin your day.

The Meta of the Game change alot since 2014 and it didn't happen from on day to another either it just feels like that some players that are coming back and to those that FAIL to adapt.

Personally i like the Change since the overreliance on armor could lead to some really boring stalemates, it was like ping pong but with Tanks at long range since flanking was hardly possible.

17 hours ago, Mygor said:

I don't mind if there are anachronisms like a 1944 cromwell fighting a 1942 T-34, because they have similar abilities (even the post war ASU-57 is not so bad), but stabilized gun, HEATFS armed beasts flying around old fashioned steel crawling machines is just a drama.

There are only a few tanks with that combination that actually see WW2 Vehicles in game and there are mostly around 6.7 - 7.7 BR and while you do see some post WW2 Vehicles fighting WW2's they are usually so lightly armored that even HE shells can just 1 shot them.

I like the EBR in low tier matches just for the reasons that it actually teaches you to watch your flanks, since most Players just like to charge in like an enraged bull face tanking shots and get surprised when you get flanked.

Since later in the Game you won't see Head to Head engagements that often everyone is trying to outflank outsmart each other and the earlier you get used to it the less you struggle once you get to 7.7 and higher when MBT's and IFV's start to rule the Land.

Comunication is key, i know that alot of ppl dont like to talk during random games which is a pity, they only talk to insult or rage at each other but usually in a top tier match i ask if someone wants to spawn SPAA for Heli RUsh protection and early jets, when nobody answers i usually roll out my own SPAA.

To make the Game a great experience is 60% up to your own behaviour, now Gaijin does indorse greedy and selfish behaviour due to the Grind that is in place.

But if you leave your own Ego out of it ( not talking about a specific person so don't feel attacked i am just generalizing) then matches become very enjoyable.

Is this a perfect Game...nope it aint.. it never will be just because there are too many different ideas of having fun mashed together in one game, maybe somebody loves flying CAS in Ground Battles but i know many despise CAS, its a conflict of ideas that always will be present and gaijin needs to find a balance.

• Upvote 1

On 11/01/2021 at 19:21, Mygor said:

I will try to enjoy this game again, even if I'm forced to play just 1-2 BR vehicles... but it used to be a great game.

I feel you. Realism and WW2 have been my goto keywords for gaming since I first saw Hidden and Dangerous. Multiplayer gameplay has been essential since I got decent internet. Back in the day War Thunder checked all the boxes and gave a pleasant surprise with its slow pace of decently realistic heavy machines with slow turning turrets and long gun reloads and the ability to affect your survivability through proper angling. All these aspects are less central to the game nowadays. I just checked the steam store page, and noticed that I no longer belong to the target audience, since the current marketing would have made me skip even trying the game due to the emphasis on modern warfare. I have adapted to some extent by partly lowering my expectations for the historicality and by playing lower BRs, that are least affected by the changes in the gameplay aspects. I think that I would have not adapted to the changes if I would have taken a longer break from the game at some point. I think Gaijin is aware of my type of player, but instead of pleasing my taste for WT they are luring me to Enlisted, which will probably work at some point.

• Thanks 1
medal medal medal medal

I find this all amusing, why? Because this has been a issue way before the E.B.R. been in the game, especially with 'historical accuracy' and 'levels of realism', sorry but that was all gone when the unhistorical nerf to US top tier (Abrams), the lack of terrain resistance on the Rad 90, the general changes to terrain and movement for all vehicles, the inability to climb a 3 foot wall which most tanks can do in real life, and the lack of realistic mobility (starting to see a trend here?), lets not forget about these so call realistic shell ballistics when it comes to APFSDS going to space. I don't know about you lot here, but this game is nothing more than another arcade game, just it takes things differently than World of Tanks, if anything it is World of Tanks just instead of cartoon tank physics, we have snail physics, slow and stupid, just like Gaijin. Slow in fixing problems in the game, and stupid for keep making the same mistake twice if not more, lets not forget about their horrible netcode and optimizations.

So yeah theres my take on what is going on here, Gaijin keeps releasing tanks and 'ideas' on how the game should be played, yet ignore the majority of the community when it comes to much needed changes. The E.B.R. is prevalent because of map and mission progression, there is no hold on preventing players rounding the maps edge towards the spawn instead of directing them towards objectives, and due to the mobility of tanks like the E.B.R. and the Rad 90, positions clearly provide a key advantage in how a match turns out.

Edited by GhostUnitVII
  • Like 1
medal

Oh yes. I agree, EBR is nothing special at this point. I tried it a couple of rounds and noticed that it is best suited for long range (1-2 km) peekaboo tactics due to its good backwards acceleration and good gun. Lone fast vehicle racing around map is generally a suicidal tactic that only occasionally is successful. It is the fact that a lot of people got the vehicle at the same time with 30 free repairs and a hype that results in swarms of the vehicle, and the repair cost of the tank is not holding back the recklessness. I remember being mildly annoyed when puma was introduced and similarly there were occational swarms of four or more of them. The annoyance was mostly directed towards the visually impaired team mates that were unable to respond to them in any way leaving you alone to try to deal with them. But it passed eventually and you hardly see more than two of them at the same time nowadays.

medal medal medal medal